PDA

View Full Version : Eternal India

soham3
14 February 2010, 11:23 AM
Writes Sri Aurobindo,

" There are many who lamenting the bygone glories of this great and ancient nation speak as if rishis of the old, the inspired creators of thought and civilization, were only miracles of our heroic age, not to be repeated in this degenerate and distressful present. This is an error and thrice an error. Ours is an eternal land, eternal people, eternal religion whose strength, greatness and holiness can be overclouded but never even for a moment utterly cease. The hero, the rishi, the sage - these are the natural fruits of the Indian soil. "

Keeping in tune with the above statement, we have Rāmabhadrācārya (1950– ). who has written sanskrit commentaries on brahma sutras, bhagvad-gita and 11 principal upanishads. Apart from these, he has many other works in sanskrit and hindi to his credit.

Hiwaunis
21 February 2010, 03:36 PM
Writes Sri Aurobindo,

" There are many who lamenting the bygone glories of this great and ancient nation speak as if rishis of the old, the inspired creators of thought and civilization, were only miracles of our heroic age, not to be repeated in this degenerate and distressful present. This is an error and thrice an error. Ours is an eternal land, eternal people, eternal religion whose strength, greatness and holiness can be overclouded but never even for a moment utterly cease. The hero, the rishi, the sage - these are the natural fruits of the Indian soil. "

Keeping in tune with the above statement, we have Rāmabhadrācārya (1950– ). who has written sanskrit commentaries on brahma sutras, bhagvad-gita and 11 principal upanishads. Apart from these, he has many other works in sanskrit and hindi to his credit.

Pranam Soham3,
Excellent! I am eternally greatful to all who have contributed to spreading the eternal wisdom of India. Also, thank all of you on this forum. To me India is the world's temple.

Namaste,
Hiwaunis

Hiwaunis
08 March 2010, 04:35 PM
Pranam India,
This is a bit late, but I just found out that India has a female president. CONGRADULATIONS!

I also read that the PM is selected by the president and does most of the work. I immediately thought of my beloved Durga Devi casually sitting on her tiger. Is this a correct assessment?

Namaste India, Jai Jai India. I believe in you.