PDA

View Full Version : Are Indians suffering from 'Stockholm Syndrome'???

Pawan Dande
20 February 2010, 04:48 AM
In the history of our 5000 year old Hindu civilization, the Islamic invasion is merely a temporary perturbation, which has led to some unfortunate amnesia, confusion, and loss of identity among some Indians.

These confused few Indians have forgotten their own ancestry and heritage, and have foolishly aligned themselves with the culture and ideology of the very Arab invader barbarians, who had raped and killed their own Hindu ancestors.

( This is nothing but a large-scale manifestation of the 'Stockholm Syndrome', wherein, over a period of time, the kidnapped Victim gradually develops some kind of bond, kinship and empathy towards his own Abductor, and gradually starts identifying himself with the Abductor).

In time, these confused few Indians will recover from their Amnesia and 'Stockholm Syndrome', and will then reclaim their own glorious homegrown religion and Hindu heritage, in a grand homecoming, to rejoin the Mainstream of India.

The political party that created the concept of "Minorityism", has been actively fostering Schism and Disunity among Indians, (in order to create Vote-banks for the Party ), by deliberately inciting some Indians to think of themselves as being a distinct entity, different and separate from the Mainstream of India

sanjaya
20 February 2010, 07:16 PM
Hi Pawan. I'm not sure what you're referring to. Are you talking about the existence of Muslim Indians? I'm not sure this can rightly be referred to as Stockholm Syndrome. When the Muslims came, they forcibly converted many Indians to Islam, and forbade them from practicing Hinduism. Obviously the first generation will be quite rebellious. But the next generation will have known only Islam, and would have no obvious reason to identify with Hinduism. This, I think, is the reason for the persistence of Islam in India.

Hiwaunis
25 February 2010, 09:23 AM
In the history of our 5000 year old Hindu civilization, the Islamic invasion is merely a temporary perturbation, which has led to some unfortunate amnesia, confusion, and loss of identity among some Indians.

These confused few Indians have forgotten their own ancestry and heritage, and have foolishly aligned themselves with the culture and ideology of the very Arab invader barbarians, who had raped and killed their own Hindu ancestors.

( This is nothing but a large-scale manifestation of the 'Stockholm Syndrome', wherein, over a period of time, the kidnapped Victim gradually develops some kind of bond, kinship and empathy towards his own Abductor, and gradually starts identifying himself with the Abductor).

In time, these confused few Indians will recover from their Amnesia and 'Stockholm Syndrome', and will then reclaim their own glorious homegrown religion and Hindu heritage, in a grand homecoming, to rejoin the Mainstream of India.

The political party that created the concept of "Minorityism", has been actively fostering Schism and Disunity among Indians, (in order to create Vote-banks for the Party ), by deliberately inciting some Indians to think of themselves as being a distinct entity, different and separate from the Mainstream of India

Pranam,
This exactly what has happened to the slaves of America. So you think there is hope?

Namaste

TatTvamAsi
08 March 2010, 08:06 PM

Namaste Pawan,

I completely agree, except the part about "bringing them back into mainstream India". I would rather they leave to their supposed "homelands" (vatican and/or mecca) and thus we can be rid of those wretches once and for all.

The problem is, they are not simply going to get up and leave when we tell them. So we shall tell them with the sound of tanks, artillery shelling, AA guns, mortar shells etc. if necessary. As real Hindus, we must unite and VANQUISH these vermin from our mAtrU bhUmI.

JAI HIND!

Namaskar.

JSK
12 March 2010, 08:00 PM

Completely and entirely agree. Yes, conversion has and is being thrust upon us Hindus’ by force, but more and more of our vulnerable and naive Hindu girls are being manipulated into conversion by exactly what you have described; Stockholm Syndrome.

This is particularly evident in the UK and USA.

Exhibiting charming characteristics to attract Hindu/Sikh girls (possibly under the pretence of being Hindu/Sikh themselves), then showering the girl with attention, gifts and loving words, posing as a ‘prince in shining armer’ which every girl dreams of, they gain the girl’s complete trust and blind faith. After this, they manage to isolate the girl and use guilt, abuse, threats, vulnerability and sometimes violence, to manipulate the girl into believing that she is not worthy of him and therefore is forever indebted to him. As he has isolated her from her family and friends and utterly diminished her lifestyle and her own identity, all she is left with then is him, and the belief that she is ‘in love with him’ and that she must do anything to prove this as otherwise ‘he will leave her’.

I have witnessed this series of events take place before, and I did question; maybe it really is true love? It wasn’t.

It angers me greatly. I wish so much to reach out to all Hindu girls and help them realise before it is too late.

But I am glad to see others are also aware of the rise in these conversions by psychological manipulation. It’s not just the spread of false or exaggerated rumours, it does happen.

smaranam
14 March 2010, 02:04 PM
Yes, conversion has and is being thrust upon us Hindus’ by force, but more and more of our vulnerable and naive Hindu girls are being manipulated into conversion by exactly what you have described; Stockholm Syndrome.

This is particularly evident in the UK and USA.

Exhibiting charming characteristics to attract Hindu/Sikh girls (possibly under the pretence of being Hindu/Sikh themselves), then showering the girl with attention, gifts and loving words, posing as a ‘prince in shining armer’ which every girl dreams of, they gain the girl’s complete trust and blind faith. After this, they manage to isolate the girl and use guilt, abuse, threats, vulnerability and sometimes violence, to manipulate the girl into believing that she is not worthy of him and therefore is forever indebted to him. As he has isolated her from her family and friends and utterly diminished her lifestyle and her own identity, all she is left with then is him, and the belief that she is ‘in love with him’ and that she must do anything to prove this as otherwise ‘he will leave her’.

I have witnessed this series of events take place before, and I did question; maybe it really is true love? It wasn’t.

It angers me greatly. I wish so much to reach out to all Hindu girls and help them realise before it is too late.

Namaste,

Its nice that you want to help these girls.

Yes, that pattern is there, but what does it have to do with religion ? I can only see the insecurity and attitude of the dominator-controller. Religious fanaticism probably goes hand in hand when it is also present. However , its not a mandatory component of this Syndrome.

We cannot change the potentially dangerous dominator-controller. The girls in these and other cases have to grow stronger if not already.

One person who can rescue them is the Supreme Person - Krshna. Remember He rescued the 16,100 princesses who were captives of NarkAsur. He transported them to Dwaraka and married them.

Here, these girls do not necessarily have to go anywhere geographically. (I am not suggesting tolerance of abuse or violence).

The antaryAmi (inner SELF , i.e. paramAtmA) is within their own hearts. He is neither Hindu nor Muslim. Turning inwards, towards Him, and giving up the false ego at least, will drastically change how they view things. False ego works both ways - accounts for inappropriately high as well as low self esteem. The girl will also stop fearing the victimizer eventually, as a result.

The dominator says she is not worthy of him. So be it. Who wants to be worthy of such people ! Why should his words , condemnations and curses be of any consequence, make any impact on the captivated jiva ?

Get dettached from the dominator-controller and attach yourself to the paramAtmA. No amount of outward conversion can change the internal relationship with antaryAmi - Shri Hari. Pray to Him , He will come, surely. Pray to RAdhA. She is full of mercy.

Radhe Radhe Japo Chale ayenge Bihari
Bhajan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyFMZpgaEZA

Radhe Radhe Japo Chale ayenge Bihari

Chant Radhe Radhe and Krishna (Bihari) will not be far , His footsteps will go in the direction of the sound of Radha's names.

1. Radha meri Chandaa , Chakora hai Bihari
My Radha is the moon, Krishna is the Cresent

2. Radha meri Ganga to Dhaara hai Bihari
If my Radha is the river Ganga , Krishna is its flow ( stream / waterfall )

3. Radharani Mishri to Swad hai Bihari
If Radha Rani is sweet rock-sugar candy, Krishna is its flavor and fragrance

4. Radharani tan hai to Praana hai Bihari
If Radha is the body, Krishna is the life in it

5. Radharani Saagar Taranga hai Bihari
Radharani is the ocean, Krishna is its wave and energy

6. Radharani Mohani to Mohana Bihari
Radharani attracts Krshna, Krishna attracts jivas

7. Radha meri gori to sanware Bihari
If my Radha is fair, Krishna is dark (like the rain cloud)

8. Radharani bholi bhali chanchala Bihari
Radharani is innocent and naive , Krishna is cunning

9. Radharani nathali to kangana Bihari
If Radharani is the nose ring (that goes all the way to the ear) , Krishna is the bangle/bracelet

10. Radharani Murali to Taan hai Bihari
If Radharani is the Flute, Krishna is the musical tune

smaranam
14 March 2010, 04:09 PM
I wish so much to reach out to all Hindu girls and help them realise before it is too late.

Namaste JSK

Another very important point - you can ask anyone you want to reach out to - to chant the Hare Krshna MahA Mantra. Believe me, Chant it sincerely, meaningfully, with all your heart - CHALE AYENGE BIHARI :)

Hare KrshNa hare kRshNa kRshNa kRshNa hare hare
hare rAm hare rAm rAm rAm hare hare

It is also chanted like this

hare rAm hare rAm rAm rAm hare hare
Hare KrshNa hare kRshNa kRshNa kRshNa hare hare

For details , you may want to read this :
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41334&postcount=9

Radhe Radhe

JSK
14 March 2010, 07:09 PM
Namaste Smaranam,

Just to clarify, Stockholm syndrome is indeed a psychological condition, which is not related to religion – I just agree with Pawan Dande that there is one ‘technique’ used to get and manipulate girls to convert which exhibits the Stockholm syndrome. And this is on the increase.

But yes obviously you are absolutely right about paramatma and Sri Krishna...At the end of the day, all we can do is pray for them benevolently, dil se, and what should happen will happen. Jai Sri Krishna!

P.S. Thank you for the Bhajan link

smaranam
15 March 2010, 09:25 AM
Namaste Smaranam,

Just to clarify, Stockholm syndrome is indeed a psychological condition, which is not related to religion – I just agree with Pawan Dande that there is one ‘technique’ used to get and manipulate girls to convert which exhibits the Stockholm syndrome. And this is on the increase.

Namaste

I do understand your point, and its most relevant to the OP. Up until this thread, I did not know this phenomenon was called 'Stockholm Syndrome'.

If we draw a Venn Diagram where this 'Stockholm Syndrome' is the superset, our three subsets will have the shaded part in common, which is your post :)

My focus was specifically on the girls being victimized , this includes non-Hindu girls , and also Hindu men. It does not exclude anyone based on religion, and also extends to mass atrocities. However, the individual cases are more sensitive than mass cases.

Hence, the 'upAy' we discussed can be very generally applied to all in such a situation. The antaryAmi within our hearts. Atma-jn~Ana (knowledge of the Self).

It is wonderful if one prays for the person, but this has to come from them. So if we know someone in such a situation, we can encourage them to make efforts, and look inwards.

The true spiritual message is the same - and imposed change or conversion
will be of no consequence once the person reaches a higher spiritual level.

Reading and digesting the Bhagavad Gita for instance, although ideal , may not be feasible, but the MahAmantra can be a silent reminder anywhere anytime anyhow without any external show. Or any favourite prayer inwards for that matter - will please KRshNa ( or Allah , Jesus, YHWH ... )

Of Course, this is all obvious to us, but if its in the forum, each of our posts here can benefit someone somewhere who needs a friendly nudge : "wake up, you are not this body"

Jai Shri KRshNa