PDA

View Full Version : End Of Kali Yuga

soham3
21 February 2010, 08:28 AM
Kali Yuga ends on December 21, year 2012. Then after some period known as sandhi yuga, Sat Yuga will start. During this sandhi yuga, some astronomical upheavals are expected. Take it with equanimity.

Eastern Mind
21 February 2010, 09:12 AM
Namaste soham: Where did you get this information? I am just curious.

Aum Namasivaya

soham3
21 February 2010, 10:21 AM
There are many spiritualists such as Vijay kumar owning the website 'godrealized' who assert that Bhagawan Kalki will appear in the year 2012 to usher us all into satya yuga.
Let me disambiguate. There are 2 Vijay Kumars. One is telugu who is married and has children, and claims himself to be Kalki. He is a fraud. Another is a saintly person with spiritual experiences from Roorkee ( U.P. ) and who owns the websites of 'godrealized' and 'vijaykumar'.

yajvan
21 February 2010, 10:22 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

namasté

Kali Yuga ends on December 21, year 2012. Then after some period known as sandhi yuga, Sat Yuga will start. During this sandhi yuga, some astronomical upheavals are expected. Take it with equanimity.
It would be good if you show us the calculation, and when you have established the beginning of Kali.

praṇām

soham3
21 February 2010, 11:07 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

namasté

It would be good if you show us the calculation, and when you have established the beginning of Kali.

praṇām

(1) It is widely believed that Kali Yuga began in 3102 B.C.

In the “Brahma-Vaivarta Purana”, Lord Krishna tells Ganga Devi that a Golden Age will come after the end of the Kali Yuga - one of the four stages of development that the world goes through as part of the cycle of eras, as described in Hindu scriptures. Lord Krishna predicted that this Golden Age will start 5,000 years after the beginning of the Kali Yuga, and will last for 10,000 years.

(2.a) In 2012, the galactic equator cuts the ecliptic at 0 degree of the Western zodiacal sign Capricorn. 0 degree Capricorn is the point of the zodiac where the Sun is during the December solstice.

(2.b) HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ASTROLOGICAL CHART :-

The Sun is at 0 degrees Capricorn, the point of the December solstice. It makes a sextile to Neptune, right at the beginning of Pisces. This is an almost exact sextile. The orb is less than half a degree. This aspect can point towards a spiritual experience, a loss or both.

(2.c) There will be compound crisis happening at the same time in our cosmos. Planet X ( also called Nibiru ) will be returning from its 3600 years orbit around our solar system. And it will bring with it six orbiting satellites. This return of Planet X will disrupt our solar system, and especially Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, Venus, and the Earth. Planet X will enter our solar system at the edge and cross orbits with Jupiter. Jupiter could get ignited at this time and become a baby sun. Nibiru will pass between the Earth and the Sun.

(3) The sun, earth, and milky way will align at the galactic equator, on December 21, 2012, the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. This only happens once every 25,800 years! For the first time in the recorded history, our entire solar system will move BELOW the milky way galaxy. These combined cosmic events will be the end of the world as we know it. About 6 billion people of the world will perish in just a few short years if this cosmic catastrophe occurs.

yajvan
21 February 2010, 11:45 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Thank you for your references. I myself am ready for a change/upliftment and hope what is offered by you comes to pass. That said, I view it in this manner:

Kali yuga is the shortest in duration of the 4 yugas, but not 5,000 years in duration¹ as I understand it.
5,000 years is ~ 1.15% of the time thus far dispensed in kali yuga
If there is a 10,000 year respite within kali yuga, as mentioned I am all for it, which suggests there is another 417,000 years (96.5%) remaining.
The GOOD News is 2012 is very close at hand and we (should) all be here to verify this condition.praṇām

references
The 4 yuga's and their conventional lengths are shown below - I mention 'conventional' as there are others that see the yuga length differently. One is Svāmi Yuktesvar Giri, and is called out in his book The Holy Science. He says we're presently in the age of dvāpara.

1. kṛta or satya - 1 ,728 ,000 years
2. tretā , 1 ,296 ,000 years
3. dvāpara , 864 ,000 years
4. kali 432 ,000 years

More on yuga's here on HDF: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803&highlight=yuga (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803&highlight=yuga)
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1784&highlight=yuga

soham3
22 February 2010, 08:40 AM
Actually, period of 432000 years for Kali Yuga is to divided by 90 and then rounded. Now, 432000 divided by 90 = 4800 which when rounded becomes 5000. Thus, time-span for Kali Yuga is arrived at to be 5000 years. The figure 90 is arrived at by dividing 180 by 2. The figure 180 is number of the days the 50 % side of the earth faces the sun during its annual rotation round the sun.

yajvan
22 February 2010, 09:13 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Actually, period of 432000 years for Kali Yuga is to divided by 90 and then rounded. Now, 432000 divided by 90 = 4800 which when rounded becomes 5000. Thus, time-span for Kali Yuga is arrived at to be 5000 years. The figure 90 is arrived at by dividing 180 by 2. The figure 180 is number of the days the 50 % side of the earth faces the sun during its annual rotation round the sun.
Thank you for your mathmatics. Can you advise who is the author and from where we can look at this data? Why divide by 90? What is the significance?

The numbers I have offered come from the mahābhārata, śanti parva ( some write parvan) the 231st section.
4. kali 432 ,000 years

Yudhiṣṭhira asks bhīṣma about the origins and the end of creatures. Bhīṣma then outlines how the conversation of time, eras ( epochs) are explained ; this was the dialog between vyāsa (kṛṣṇa-dvaipāyana ) and his son, śuka that he articulates to yudhiṣṭhira.

These numbers can also be found in the śrīmad bhāgavatam mahāpurāṇa. Here is the site for your consideration: http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto3/chapter11.html (http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto3/chapter11.html)

Revisiting this 90
According to the mahābhārata and vyāsa-ji 1 year for humans = 1 day for the devā-s. Vyāsa-ji goes on to say 4,000 years of the deva's is the duration of the kṛta yuga. He says there is transition times he calls 'morning' and 'evening' both lasting 400 devā years each.
Hence 4,000 + 400 + 400 = 4,800 years. Your number and this number align - except for one item. This 4,800 are not human years ( so says vyāsa-ji). A conversion is needed.

What is the conversion metric ?

1 year of humans = 1 day of the devā-s.
1 year = 365 days ( some use 360 to match a perfect circle in degrees º ) = 1 day of the devā-s.
Hence 4,800 devā years X 365 days in a human year = 1,752,000 human years.
Now if we multiply by 360 we get the classical 1,728,000 human years typically associated with kṛta or satya yuga.
kṛta or satya yuga = 4/4ths = 1,728,000 human years
tretā = 3/4ths or .75 x 1 ,728 ,000 years = 1 ,296 ,000 years
dvāpara is 2/4th or .5 x 1 ,728 ,000 years =864 ,000 years
kali or 1/4th or .25 x 1 ,728 ,000 years = 432 ,000 years
That is my audit trail , both on the origins of the numbers ( mahābhārata, śrīmad bhāgavatam, etc.) and the mathmatics to the classical 1,728,000 human years that is then decreased for each yuga by 1/4th ( and is considered 1/4th of dharma that erodes down to kali yuga).

praṇām

devotee
02 May 2010, 07:01 AM
Namaste Yajvan ji,

The numbers I have offered come from the mahābhārata, śanti parva ( some write parvan) the 231st section.
4. kali 432 ,000 years

Yudhiṣṭhira asks bhīṣma about the origins and the end of creatures. Bhīṣma then outlines how the conversation of time, eras ( epochs) are explained ; this was the dialog between vyāsa (kṛṣṇa-dvaipāyana ) and his son, śuka that he articulates to yudhiṣṭhira.

These numbers can also be found in the śrīmad bhāgavatam mahāpurāṇa. Here is the site for your consideration: http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto3/chapter11.html (http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto3/chapter11.html)

Revisiting this 90
According to the mahābhārata and vyāsa-ji 1 year for humans = 1 day for the devā-s. Vyāsa-ji goes on to say 4,000 years of the deva's is the duration of the kṛta yuga. He says there is transition times he calls 'morning' and 'evening' both lasting 400 devā years each.
Hence 4,000 + 400 + 400 = 4,800 years. Your number and this number align - except for one item. This 4,800 are not human years ( so says vyāsa-ji). A conversion is needed.

What is the conversion metric ?

1 year of humans = 1 day of the devā-s.
1 year = 365 days ( some use 360 to match a perfect circle in degrees º ) = 1 day of the devā-s.
Hence 4,800 devā years X 365 days in a human year = 1,752,000 human years.
Now if we multiply by 360 we get the classical 1,728,000 human years typically associated with kṛta or satya yuga.
kṛta or satya yuga = 4/4ths = 1,728,000 human years
tretā = 3/4ths or .75 x 1 ,728 ,000 years = 1 ,296 ,000 years
dvāpara is 2/4th or .5 x 1 ,728 ,000 years =864 ,000 years
kali or 1/4th or .25 x 1 ,728 ,000 years = 432 ,000 years
That is my audit trail , both on the origins of the numbers ( mahābhārata, śrīmad bhāgavatam, etc.) and the mathmatics to the classical 1,728,000 human years that is then decreased for each yuga by 1/4th ( and is considered 1/4th of dharma that erodes down to kali yuga).

Sri Yukteswar Giri was a Self-realised saint of Giri Order of Adi Shankaracharya. He was the Guru of Sri Paramhansa Yogananda. He was also a great Jyotishi. He opines in his book, "The Holy Science" that the astronomers and astrologers made a misake in calculating the length of Kali Yuga. He says (rephrased by me to make it short):

This mistake couldn't be corrected by the astrologers due to the dark influence of Kali Yuga. In the next half cycle of the Kali Yuga, this mistake was noticed by the wise men & they found that the age of Kail Yuga was fixed by the Rishis as only 1200 Years. But by that time also, the human mind was not so developed and the mistake was not fully understood and they tried to reconcile the mistake by assuming that the these 1200 Years were Daiva years and not earth years and that is how the erroneous figure of 432,000 years of Kali Yuga was wrongly calculated.

So, he says that :

1) The Sun takes 24000 years to complete its cycle around the Grand Centre or Brahma, also known as Vishnu-naabhi. This Brahma regulates dharma of mind. These 24000 years are divided by 12 zodiac signs. The point Aries/Pisces is the nearest point from Brahma & the point Libra/Virgo is the farthest. As the Sun goes through these Zodiac signs the mental virtues keep increasing or diminishing depending upon Sun's distance from the Brahma Centre. The period around the nearest point is Satya Yuga and the period around the farthest point is Kali Yuga. So, during the ascending period of 12000 years the mental virtues of humans keep increasing and attain the highest state at the nearest point. In the next half cycle that is descending cycle of 12000 years the mental virtues of humans keep decreasing and is the lowest at the farthest point.

2) The actual age of Kali Yuga is 1000 years with 100 years on each side as sandhis making it a total of 1200 years. The darkest era of Kali Yuga was around 500 AD. The history tells us that this period was the dark age in the history of human beings. From 499 AD till 1599 (the actual period of 1000 years of Kali Yuga) human intellect was too low & man was unaware of various laws of nature. From 1600 AD onwards, the sandhi of Kali Yuga for 100 years started which lasted upto 1699 ... and this period saw development in human mind and great scientific discoveries took place. In 1899, the Sandhi of 200 years of Dwapar Yuga ended and from that point we are in Dwapar Yuga. During this ascending Dwapar Yuga, the man will keep on making new discoveries of the mysteries of this creation and finally Dwapar Yuga will end in 3899 AD and Treta Yuga will start which will be still brighter for the mankind.

I am not an expert in Jyotish and I have tried to state above the gist of Sri Yukteshwar's point of view as much I could understand. Any error crept in above, must be attributed to my poor understanding alone.

OM

yajvan
02 May 2010, 10:56 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté devotee,

I have read svāmī-ji's works on several occasions. I am in hopes his assessment is true.

What I do not comprehend: If kali has passed and we are in dvāpara I am a bit perplexed. How so? it is my comprehension that after kali yuga passes , then kṛta is next in line. That is , one full cycle is complete, and the yuga' s start fresh again.

In svāmī-ji's system, it is in ascending order. From kali then dvāpara then tretā and finally kṛta.

We have had quite a few conversations on this matter here on HDF: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803

Another thing I do not comprehend. If kali yuga has come and gone , I have not read where kalki had appeared ( the incarnation of viṣṇu ).

So a few things are perplexing...

praṇām

devotee
02 May 2010, 11:22 PM
Namaste Yajvan ji,

In my opinion, the incarnation of Kalki is the major hitch. Logically, things cannot change abruptly i.e. directly from Kaliyuga to Satya Yuga. It can only progress step-by-step.

The 4,32,000 years of Kali Yuga is not only horrible to believe but I could never believe this figure to be true. If that is true then the entire lifetime of human beings is actually within Kaliyuga ! That is a sheer hopeless situation.

OM

Eastern Mind
03 May 2010, 06:45 AM
Vannakkam:

I sit each morning on this wretched technological device and face east watching the dawn. It takes at least an hour before the rays of the sun emerge, after seeing those first glimpses of light to the east.

There is no absolute point in time when one can call it day, not night. Opinions would vary. When sitting on the east or west shores of India watching the sun go down on the horizon, I suppose maybe a scientist has a clear definition. Day begins the moment we can see a small portion of sun?

So the transition from yuga to yuga is like this. Relatively slow transition. My Guru's take was that the harnessing of electricity was the beginning of the transition, and the final man killed by another man would be the ending of this transition, and the new yuga would emerge in its brightness. This is like using landmarks instead of a GPS to navigate.

But in the advaitic Self, we dwell beyond time. This soul has yet to be in that consciousness. From this point of view, we are in the 4 yugas simultaneously. From that point of view, what does it really matter?

Personally, I don't care, it is merely a matter for discussion if you want to. I care about controlling my emotions today, the classic yoga restraints of Patanjali.

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
03 May 2010, 09:57 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté devotee,

Namaste Yajvan ji,
The 4,32,000 years of Kali Yuga is not only horrible to believe but I could never believe this figure to be true. If that is true then the entire lifetime of human beings is actually within Kaliyuga ! That is a sheer hopeless situation. OM

Yes, I see your point...yet consider this. Consider eternity i.e. all the time in the 'world' .
Our Galaxy takes 225,000,000 years to make just 1 revolution around its center. Kali yuga = 432, 000 years or 0.19% of 1 revolution. We live for a wink of the eye.

- what's the rush?

praṇām

Hiwaunis
04 May 2010, 12:06 AM
Vannakkam:

I sit each morning on this wretched technological device and face east watching the dawn. It takes at least an hour before the rays of the sun emerge, after seeing those first glimpses of light to the east.

There is no absolute point in time when one can call it day, not night. Opinions would vary. When sitting on the east or west shores of India watching the sun go down on the horizon, I suppose maybe a scientist has a clear definition. Day begins the moment we can see a small portion of sun?

So the transition from yuga to yuga is like this. Relatively slow transition. My Guru's take was that the harnessing of electricity was the beginning of the transition, and the final man killed by another man would be the ending of this transition, and the new yuga would emerge in its brightness. This is like using landmarks instead of a GPS to navigate.

But in the advaitic Self, we dwell beyond time. This soul has yet to be in that consciousness. From this point of view, we are in the 4 yugas simultaneously. From that point of view, what does it really matter?

Personally, I don't care, it is merely a matter for discussion if you want to. I care about controlling my emotions today, the classic yoga restraints of Patanjali.

Aum Namasivaya

Pranam EM
I really like this post. You have hit the nail on the head. I have always had a problem adjusting to the sunrise and sunset belief. Knowing that the sun neither rises or sets. And like Devotee I have always said that Kali yuga is tooooo long. I didn't think the earth could last that long with what we as humans are doing to it. But you have given me a different outlook. Thank you.

Namaste

mcshantihank
06 June 2010, 01:44 PM
well, the gaudiya vaishnavas of iskcon say that we will be in a golden era but soon it will diasapear and kali yuga will keep on with its dark work.
some advaita teachers tell us that different yugas are different stages of the mind. WEhen you are doing bad work you are in kali yuga but when you do good work you are in satya yuga.
i think we care to much about the outer things are forget the inner part of ours.

yajvan
14 June 2010, 02:32 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

We have talked much about the yuga-s i.e. kṛta age (yuga), tretā, dvāpara and the 4th yuga of kali.

The debate has been which age are we really in ? For me I look at the papers, the news, the events of the world . I see much good and bad co-mingled. I see much disruption in nature as She pushes
back on negative events in the world and delivers to us the fruits of those actions.

I see substantial corruption in government across the globe . It is the kings that cause the 4th yuga (kali) to arise says bhīṣma -ji. Yet that does not take us ( brahmaṇa, kṣatriya, vaiśya, śudra) off the hook. We must take responsibility and also recognize it is our collective consciousness that sets the stage.

But that said, on thing that vyāsa -ji (kṛṣṇa dvaipāyana) informs us of in the mahābhārata (śanti parvan) is the following:

(In kṛta yuga) men lived as long as they aspired to, without any fear of yama; sexual congress was unnecessary as children (offspring) were begotten by fiat of will.
In the next age (tretā) children were begotten by touch alone. No sexual congress was necessary.
In dvāpara sexual congress began.
In the age of kali men have come to marry and live in pairs.This for me is the clear sign post on which age we reside in.

Yudhiṣṭhira calls out many of the faults/conditions of the age of kali in the Mahābhārata. Śukadeva also calls out the characteristics of the age of kali to king parīṣit in the śrīmad bhāgavatam - http://vedabase.net/sb/12/2/en (http://vedabase.net/sb/12/2/en) .

Yet there is an interesting conversation revealed in the bhāgavatam ( 1st canto) that I find worthy of review. King parīṣit encounters kali as
a sūdra who is beating a bull ( dharma) and a cow ( the earth) with a club; the bull only stands on 1 leg¹.

This sūdra is dressed in royal garb as a prince to fool all passers-by ( as mentioned in the mahābhārata, it is the kings that caused the 4th yuga).
King parīṣit now wishes to take righteous action against this royally-dressed being who beats a creature , let alone dharma!
He pulls his sword and is going to strike this kali down. Yet kali comes out of his costume and places his head on the feet of the king for his mercy. The king says the following to kali:
Every since you took up your abode in the body of kings a number vices i.e. greed, falsehood, wickedness, etc etc. have followed you.
Therefore you should not remain here , in brahmāvarta ( his kingdom).
Kali says to king parīṣit tell me the place where I can settle down in compliance with your orders ( to leave your kingdom). The king allocated to kali the the following 4 places - dice ( or gambling), wine ( or alcohol) , woman ( or prostitutes) and shambles. Now this 'shambles' many say is the slaughter houses of animals. These 4 mentioned is the ~hotbed~ of vices - falsehood, intoxication, passion and cruelty. Kali asked for one more and the king gave him the abode of gold.

I find this last place gold a curious location, but will leave that for another post.

praṇām

1. In kṛta yuga dharma has 4 legs - austerity, purity, compassion and truthfulness

sar78
09 September 2010, 04:49 PM
In svāmī-ji's system, it is in ascending order. From kali then dvāpara then tretā and finally kṛta.ACTUALLY DESCENDING ORDER THEN ASCENDING ORDER THEN DESCEDING ORDER WOULD CONTINUE I SUPPOSE....

The actual age of Kali Yuga is 1000 years with 100 years on each side as sandhis making it a total of 1200 years. The darkest era of Kali Yuga was around 500 AD. The history tells us that this period was the dark age in the history of human beings. From 499 AD till 1599 (the actual period of 1000 years of Kali Yuga) human intellect was too low & man was unaware of various laws of nature. From 1600 AD onwards, the sandhi of Kali Yuga for 100 years started which lasted upto 1699
It is widely believed that Kali Yuga began in 3102 B.C. MY QUESTION OF DOUBT IS IF KALI YUGA BEGAN ON 3102 BC (THE YEAR OF KRISHNAVATAR'S END OF DWAPARA YUGA)... AND IT LASTS FOR 1200 YEARS DESCENDING + 1200 YEARS ASCENDING... THEN KALI YUGA MUST HAVE COMPLETED BY 702BC...?

BUT IF ASCENDING KALI HAD STARTED AT 500 AD COMPLETED AT 1700 AD... THEN DWAPARA YUGA MUST HAVE ENDED AT 700BC? (BY SUBTRACTING 1200 YEARS OF DESCENDING KALI FROM 500AD)..

BUT ONE THING SEEMS TO CORRELATE... THAT IS... IF WE TAKE TOTAL KALI YUGA AS 4800 YEARS (DESCENDING+ASCENDING) BOTH THE YEAR FIGURES SEEM TO TIE IN WITH EACH OTHER!!

3102BC (BEGIN OF KALI) + 4800YEARS = 1698 AD (END OF KALI)!!!

but if 2012AD is end of Kali yuga then Kali yuga length must be = 5100 years

Adhvagat
10 October 2010, 11:17 PM
(1) It is widely believed that Kali Yuga began in 3102 B.C.

In the “Brahma-Vaivarta Purana”, Lord Krishna tells Ganga Devi that a Golden Age will come after the end of the Kali Yuga - one of the four stages of development that the world goes through as part of the cycle of eras, as described in Hindu scriptures. Lord Krishna predicted that this Golden Age will start 5,000 years after the beginning of the Kali Yuga, and will last for 10,000 years.

(2.a) In 2012, the galactic equator cuts the ecliptic at 0 degree of the Western zodiacal sign Capricorn. 0 degree Capricorn is the point of the zodiac where the Sun is during the December solstice.

(2.b) HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ASTROLOGICAL CHART :-

The Sun is at 0 degrees Capricorn, the point of the December solstice. It makes a sextile to Neptune, right at the beginning of Pisces. This is an almost exact sextile. The orb is less than half a degree. This aspect can point towards a spiritual experience, a loss or both.

(2.c) There will be compound crisis happening at the same time in our cosmos. Planet X ( also called Nibiru ) will be returning from its 3600 years orbit around our solar system. And it will bring with it six orbiting satellites. This return of Planet X will disrupt our solar system, and especially Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, Venus, and the Earth. Planet X will enter our solar system at the edge and cross orbits with Jupiter. Jupiter could get ignited at this time and become a baby sun. Nibiru will pass between the Earth and the Sun.

(3) The sun, earth, and milky way will align at the galactic equator, on December 21, 2012, the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. This only happens once every 25,800 years! For the first time in the recorded history, our entire solar system will move BELOW the milky way galaxy. These combined cosmic events will be the end of the world as we know it. About 6 billion people of the world will perish in just a few short years if this cosmic catastrophe occurs.

I'm interested in the astrological happenings according to Jyotish.

Nibiru seems like crazy talk to me. If anyone wants to read more about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_collision#Origins

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté devotee,

I have read svāmī-ji's works on several occasions. I am in hopes his assessment is true.

What I do not comprehend: If kali has passed and we are in dvāpara I am a bit perplexed. How so? it is my comprehension that after kali yuga passes , then kṛta is next in line. That is , one full cycle is complete, and the yuga' s start fresh again.

In svāmī-ji's system, it is in ascending order. From kali then dvāpara then tretā and finally kṛta.

We have had quite a few conversations on this matter here on HDF: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803

Another thing I do not comprehend. If kali yuga has come and gone , I have not read where kalki had appeared ( the incarnation of viṣṇu ).

So a few things are perplexing...

praṇām

I still believe in the longer duration of Kali-yuga, as you said it's an wink of an eye in the end anyway.

According to the Kali-yuga description of problems as in the Bhagavatam, we are still under its influence even not being in complete material darkness.

From wikipedia:

In relation to rulers
Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source. But then, they will also love their subjects so much that they will sacrifice their lives for them. This is what kaliyuga says.

In human relationships
Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other.
Ignorance of dharma will occur.
People will have thoughts of murder for no justification and they will see nothing wrong with that mind-set.
Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable, and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
Sin will increase exponentially, whilst virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
People will take vows only to break them soon after.
People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
Men will find their jobs stressful and will go to retreats to escape their work.
Gurus will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted and followers of Kama will wrest control of the mind from all human beings. Brahmins will not be learned and honoured, Kshatriyas will not be brave, Vaishyas will not be just in dealings and Shudras will not be honest and humble to their duties and to the other castes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_yuga#Attributes_of_Kali_Yuga

Yes, we're definitely still in Kali yuga.

And Yajvan, I have a question for you: This Kali yuga article that I linked says that the 10.000 years of Satya within Kali is mentioned in the Brahma Vaivarta Purana... Is that so?

What's the relation of this period to Chaitanya? I'm not sure if Chaitanya is seen as an avatar outside Gaudiya Vaishnavism and also not sure about the views of the people who post here.

Om Tat Sat

yajvan
11 October 2010, 03:02 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté Pietro Impagliazzo

And Yajvan, I have a question for you: This Kali yuga article that I linked says that the 10.000 years of Satya within Kali is mentioned in the Brahma Vaivarta Purana... Is that so?

What's the relation of this period to Chaitanya? I'm not sure if Chaitanya is seen as an avatar outside Gaudiya Vaishnavism and also not sure about the views of the people who post here. Om Tat Sat

I have not read this puraṇa and therefore cannot comment.

Kṛṣṇa caitanya-ji who founded the the school called acintya bhedābheda is considered a saint , yet I cannot comment if
he is avatāra. Many a vaiṣṇava believe caitanya-ji is, I respect their views.

The śrīmad bhāgavatam does not call him out specifically but says,
even as thousands of rivulets ( small rivers or river-veins) flow from a lake that never dries so there are countless descents of the Lord who is a storehouse
of sattva ( purity, perfection, clarity).. all who possess this great power are rays of śrīhariḥ.

Some are full rays ( kṛṣṇa, rāmaḥ, etc) and some are particles. I do not know where caitanya-ji fits in. You may wish to read some of his history and perhaps
form your conclusions. I found his life interesting.

praṇām

Adhvagat
12 October 2010, 11:16 AM
(In kṛta yuga) men lived as long as they aspired to, without any fear of yama; sexual congress was unnecessary as children (offspring) were begotten by fiat of will.
In the next age (tretā) children were begotten by touch alone. No sexual congress was necessary.
In dvāpara sexual congress began.
In the age of kali men have come to marry and live in pairs.This for me is the clear sign post on which age we reside in.

Yajvan...

For me, a woman having a baby without having sexual intercourse sounds outlandish.

What should I make of this?

yajvan
12 October 2010, 07:59 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Yajvan...
For me, a woman having a baby without having sexual intercourse sounds outlandish. What should I make of this?

I have read on many occasions of mind-born sons. Now the physics behind this is beyond me. It would be like telling some one only 500 years ago that they could talk to someone on the other side of the earth any time they wished ( cell phone technology). Or being able to do calculations at 2 trillion mathematical operations per second (IBM).

I see and repsect your point on how birth w/o congress of man and woman would behove any one. Yet we live in a time which is not = to kṛta yuga.

praṇām

Adhvagat
12 October 2010, 09:32 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

I have read on many occasions of mind-born sons. Now the physics behind this is beyond me. It would be like telling some one only 500 years ago that they could talk to someone on the other side of the earth any time they wished ( cell phone technology). Or being able to do calculations at 2 trillion mathematical operations per second (IBM).

I see and repsect your point on how birth w/o congress of man and woman would behove any one. Yet we live in a time which is not = to kṛta yuga.

praṇām

I understand Yajvan...

It's just that I lacked any type of reasoning to understand the mechanics of how a son could be conceived this way.

This of course with my current gross understanding of how fertilization takes place.

Perhaps between two individuals that are highly aware of their gross and subtle bodies, highly advanced in Yoga, this union can take place in more subtle ways.

After all the symbology behind the sexual congress is union and what really is affected and experiences the congress is the subtle body, with the gross body being only an enabler.

Thank you for your analogies, Yajvan! They were clarifying for me.

Om Tat Sat

rcscwc
16 October 2010, 09:51 AM
Bitten by Mayan bug?

prithvi
18 October 2010, 07:26 AM
A noob will only says that the world is going to end in 2012...its sounds like bible followers..those wacko missionary peoples only spreads like this fake news..as they first said on 1993 world is going to end then they said 2000 is the end of the world ... judgment day(terminator part 2 nice movie lol) And jesus is comeing to save you all,,so believe in jesus az he only can save you..so convert to christanity lmaoooooooooo....hey fake bible,,, all your judgement hrs/day/year went its now 2010 nothing happen...bloddy missionaries.

well 2012 is a time of transformation not death of our planet. Get your facts straight. Shame on those people who trying to undermine the minds of humans.

and about kali yug, its 4 lakh 32 thousands years..so just sit back and relax..as by those amount of lakhs of years no one of us will be survived till that day

so enjoy life ;) ..
live in present and focus on urs karma.And remembered the earth/universe is created and destroy many times...how many times Brahmaji died & rebirth no one can say that..

kahanam
30 November 2010, 12:59 PM
Kali Yuga will certainly continue beyond 2012. It will be a very long time for Bagavan Kalki to be manifest! However the increasing adharma prevalent all over makes one wish whether Bagavan Kalki may not come earlier!:) :) :)

PARAM
01 December 2010, 08:53 AM
I was thinking about Marriage article, if marriage started in Kaliyug
Marriage started in Kaliyug? or this is something else
Vishnu Lakshmi, Shiv Parvati was first come in Kaliyug ?
Sita Ram marriage that happened in Treta; Krishan Rukmini, Pandav Draupadi marriage was in the time of Dvapar

If some girl can become pregnant just by touching, then even parents and brother sister can not touch each other at that time.

The eight kinds of marriage is already given.

So the marriage article is wrong

yajvan
01 December 2010, 09:56 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

If some girl can become pregnant just by touching, then even parents and brother sister can not touch each other at that time.

So the marriage article is wrong

Touch with intent... intent is key.

praṇām

Adhvagat
01 December 2010, 02:43 PM
Would this intent that generates life be some kind of yogic siddhi? It certainly sounds like an ability of someone who has conquered gross matter and above all dominates the energy of the first chakra.

It doesn't sound like the 'average joe' would be capable of this.

Om Tat Sat

yajvan
01 December 2010, 05:02 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

It doesn't sound like the 'average joe' would be capable of this.

A valid point... that said , the avg. joe in Kali yuga is much different then 'joe' in sat yuga.

praṇām

Adhvagat
01 December 2010, 05:46 PM
Yes, absolutely.

I was just developing my line of thought out loud.

Usually the ones involved in these acts are brahmins and personalities of high level.

:)

Om Tat Sat

NayaSurya
02 December 2010, 03:21 PM

One could say cloning is reproducing without intercourse.

Children are created in test tubes all around the world.

80 year old women who were infertile have delivered healthy babies without sex.

Yesterday I was reading about the genetics research of cell rejuvenation and the advances made in this area. The life of the mice in the gene therapy increased their life span by 80%.

We are on the verge of some outlandish progress. But I will not be one of those whom would chose to stay here 80% longer.:P

PARAM
03 December 2010, 07:11 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Touch with intent... intent is key.

praṇām

But marriage is not a Kaliyug product, Grihasth Ashram and 8 kinds of marriages are already given in Shastras for Vaidik yug

One could say cloning is reproducing without intercourse.

Children are created in test tubes all around the world.

80 year old women who were infertile have delivered healthy babies without sex.

Yesterday I was reading about the genetics research of cell rejuvenation and the advances made in this area. The life of the mice in the gene therapy increased their life span by 80%.

We are on the verge of some outlandish progress. But I will not be one of those whom would chose to stay here 80% longer.:P

Better then those have been done in Vaidik Yugs

rcscwc
18 May 2012, 03:17 AM
Divide it suitably amnd you will arive at 2000 years back, proving Jesus is kalki. Even Mohammed can be arrived at.

Jainarayan
18 May 2012, 09:10 AM
If either one is Kalki, I don't think he did a very good job of bringing in a new age of of peace and dharma. No, I can't buy that either of them, or any prophet or sage or saint is Kalki. I think Kalki is yet to come. Who knows when, and how?

PARAM
19 May 2012, 06:11 AM
If either one is Kalki, I don't think he did a very good job of bringing in a new age of of peace and dharma. No, I can't buy that either of them, or any prophet or sage or saint is Kalki. I think Kalki is yet to come. Who knows when, and how?

Yes Kalki is yet to come, even Shivaji Maharaj's life resembles to that of Kalki but he too was not successful in bringing back that era of DHarMa, he was just like another great noble soul come to protect DHarMa, while Kalki is unstoppable and he will end all Asur aDharMa and start Satyug again.

IcyCosmic
20 May 2012, 11:48 AM
Am I the only who is a huge fan of Kalki? I resonate with Shiva more than Lord Krishna, but Kalki is quite enigmatic. A futuristic warrior riding in on a majestic white horse that will end all the pain and unnecessary suffering in Kal Yuga. What an amazing sight it will be.

McKitty
20 May 2012, 12:29 PM
Hello,

I still don't understand something, sorry if it sound stupid but I have to ask:
The end of Kali Yuga mean the end of a stage of this world and the beginning of a new and better one.
So, in one sense, it's the end of this world and the beginning of a new one.

But

Does that mean a physical destruction, like many westerners and many western religious practices say ? I mean, like the apocalypse where everything will be destructed, everyone will go somewhere accordingly to their acts and a new world will be created ?

Or

Does that mean a symbolical destruction, like the world will see a sudden and great change that will occur and put everything and everyone in a more righteous path ?

I was just bothered by this, I don't even know if it's possible to answer this anyway x3 I guess I'll stick in trusting Lord Shiva and wait for Kalki to come.

(And please for the fist exemple, don't start a debate about abrahamic views thingies like destruction and apocalypse. This is my culture, I've grown with it, it's normal that it in my mind and NOT because I intend to start a argument or something)

Aum !

rcscwc
25 May 2012, 08:27 AM
Hello,

I still don't understand something, sorry if it sound stupid but I have to ask:
The end of Kali Yuga mean the end of a stage of this world and the beginning of a new and better one.
So, in one sense, it's the end of this world and the beginning of a new one.
Not end of world in westren sense, nor dissolution. Indian philosophy reject creatio ex nihilo.

End of Kaliyuga ushers in a world order of the just. You get a clean slate once again.

But

Does that mean a physical destruction, like many westerners and many western religious practices say ? I mean, like the apocalypse where everything will be destructed, everyone will go somewhere accordingly to their acts and a new world will be created ?

NO. New world order is not new world. These majestic mountains and vast oceans will continue to exist.

Or

Does that mean a symbolical destruction, like the world will see a sudden and great change that will occur and put everything and everyone in a more righteous path ?

Sorry to repeat. No destruction of the world, but a great change. It will be resisted, but then Kalki shall be a warrior.

I was just bothered by this, I don't even know if it's possible to answer this anyway x3 I guess I'll stick in trusting Lord Shiva and wait for Kalki to come.

Even Shaivas do not preach total destruction of the world, but periodical changes only.

rcscwc
25 May 2012, 08:38 AM
Am I the only who is a huge fan of Kalki? I resonate with Shiva more than Lord Krishna, but Kalki is quite enigmatic. A futuristic warrior riding in on a majestic white horse that will end all the pain and unnecessary suffering in Kal Yuga. What an amazing sight it will be.

Kalki is due to appear about 4,27,000 years hence. Meantime if there is a a big, mega war, then perhaps horses would be only transport. Then white horse means a MOUNT.

PARAM
25 May 2012, 09:43 AM
Kalki is due to appear about 4,27,000 years hence. Meantime if there is a a big, mega war, then perhaps horses would be only transport. Then white horse means a MOUNT.

You have to understand the meaning of the words before making a quick response. All transport vehicles are made due to the grace of ॐ, we have the mention of Ships, aeroplanes in our DHarMa Grantham. Mount of the deities are not just animals and birds, they represents the deed and establishment, same like the deity is not human but only inhuman form as incarnation.