PDA

View Full Version : VAISNAVA DOGS

Krsna Das
02 March 2010, 09:33 AM
Radhe !

I have just returned today from Sri Nabadwipa Dham Parikrama and i want to share this unique experience with you.

We decided to visit Ek-Chakra village (the birth place of Nityananda Prabhu, who is none other than Sri Balarama in Krsna's pasttimes).

We started doing sankirtan there in the praise of Lord Nityananda and Gauranga:

Nitai Nitai Nitai Nitai Nitai Nitai Nitai He !
Nitai Gauranga Jai Nitai Gauranga !
Gaura Gaura Gaura, Gaura Hari !

and within few minutes, we were surrounded by these 6-7 dogs, who were not barking, but making the loud sounds, something similar to like "kweu-kweu" as if doing sankirtan with us. Some of them were also jumping with us while we danced in hari nam sankirtan.

We also noticed one of the dogs weeping, with tears in his eyes.

These dogs then accompanied us till the rest of our yatra in ek-cakra (we visited every place by foot).

Unfortunately, I was not able to catch this scene in my phone, since it does not have a camera.

When we sat at various places for hearing Nityananda Katha from Caitanya Caritamrita and Caitanya Bhagawat, these dogs also sat on the ground, for hearing hari katha.

That was the day of ekadashi, and our group sat under the mango groves for honouring our ekadashi prasadam. These dogs also sat there with us, and we also shared our ekadashi prasadam with these dogs.

The villagers told that whenever any sankirtan group comes, these dogs behave in the same way.

=====

One should remember the katha of Sri Jada-Bharat in Bhagwatam. During his last breath, he was thinking of a deer, and he attained the birth of a deer in his next life, though the samsakaras of bhajan performed in his previous life were not lost.

I have read many times about dogs fasting on some days, but I have seen such an incident like this first time in my life.

=====

I was thinking about some persons here in this forum who do not accept the authority of Nityananda Prabhu and Sri Gauranga as Supreme Personality himself, and consider Sri Caitanya Caritamrita as a non-vedic text.

What should I say?

=====

bhaktajan
02 March 2010, 10:55 AM
Is this a new phenomenum?

Russian Stray Dogs Travel for Food Via Subway
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/277599

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-ranging_urban_dog
Free-ranging urban dog

ranjeetmore
02 March 2010, 03:05 PM
amazing !

especially the dog who cried !!!!

Vamsivat babaji (a contemporary of Bhaktisiddhanta thakura but in the line of babajis) used to say one thing : you cry and you will get Krsna as soon as possible.Just cry !

I'd like to think this dog is in for an amazing ride to Goloka after death. :)

It's not a new phenom that even animals have been liberated when gyanis couldn't even cross maya.

This is possible only due to their bhakti.The vedanta tells us that sadhana(bhakti) has no rules.so also gosvamiji tells us that in bhakti there are no rules and restrictions.Anyone and Everyone is eligible for performing bhakti unlike the other two margas - karm,Gyan.

Gajendra/an elephant offered a flower to the Lord when he was about to die and he went to Vaikuntha straight away.

An animal has a mind too and due to past sanskaras,if the animal attaches his/her mind to hari-katha,etc. the animal is at once liberated as soon as the mind gets clean.

The guru bestows his grace at once of he whose mind is pure after practising bhakti.Surely,being a dog is not even an issue.

Radhe Radhe !

atmarama108
26 November 2010, 01:40 AM
Wonderful story prabhu! Thank you :)

Kumar_Das
08 December 2010, 04:18 AM
"Vaishnava dogs"

When I read this title I remember when my family used to live in Karnataka, there was a dog that gave birth to several puppies.

And there was a particular one, which I was told was a "pancha kalyani" or something. Because it had Vaishnava tilak naturally all over its body. It was a light brown furred dog and the "tilak" was just instead like the rest of its body, white furry parts.

It had a tilak on its forehead. How cute was that?:D

atmarama108
10 February 2011, 08:03 AM
"Vaishnava dogs"

When I read this title I remember when my family used to live in Karnataka, there was a dog that gave birth to several puppies.

And there was a particular one, which I was told was a "pancha kalyani" or something. Because it had Vaishnava tilak naturally all over its body. It was a light brown furred dog and the "tilak" was just instead like the rest of its body, white furry parts.

It had a tilak on its forehead. How cute was that?:D

Thats far out man... Haribol!

mukutesvara
09 March 2011, 06:33 AM
These are some really cool stories, thanks for sharing. I recently had an experience with a devotee dog in Kerala. I was walking on the beach chanting japa before sunrise and this dog started following me. She had Tilak on seemed to be very attracted by the Holy Name. As long as I was chanting she wouldn't leave my side, but if I stopped then she would chase crabs or run around. Then when I started japa, she would be right by my side again.

She walked with me right along the beach to the place I was staying and lay outside the entrance. Even when offered food she did not budge, but if I chanted she would perk up and come nearby. She'll certainly be going somewhere nice in her next life.

In the Padma Purāṇa it is stated:

“All are qualified for hari-bhakti, O King.” [Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu 1.2.61 (http://bhaktimasterclass.org/books/BRS/BRS1.2.html)]