PDA

View Full Version : Meditation and Lucid Dreams

Ashtavakra
02 March 2010, 12:29 PM
Has anyone found that meditation increases the duration or frequency of lucid dreams? If so, about how much of an increase have you noticed? Thanks for your reply. :)

TatTvamAsi
07 March 2010, 03:45 PM
Regarding sleep, deep, dreamless sleep is what is considered better. Of course, dreaming is natural and everyone does dream. However, I would think that meditating would help one's mind settle and thus have fewer dreams(?).

Perhaps it is the initial stage. Sleep is quite interesting to say the least.

saswathy
07 May 2014, 07:07 AM
Dear all ,
In meditation mind enters in to different concious level . There what the mind experiences or sees are as real as ones we see at the concious level of our world . That is called a dream . Time is like a circle and what goes up ,comes down . Thus what the soul experienced at some time at some plane could be experienced at a different plane and different time . Thus we sometimes feel an experience which was experienced in the past which is called dejavu. since time is like a circle and events go round , going up and comng down , at a given time same thing could have been played at different planes .Since soul has an access to all the planes , it can see all the events .What is one year could be one second in some other plane . what hundreds of years could be few minutes in some plane . What is future in one plane could be past in some other plane and viceversa Thus soul knows future as well as present . It is very easy for the soul to see the future events and past events . In fact that's what a genuine psychic can see . It is in no way connected with spirituality . But a spiritually inclined soul can help another soul in distress by this special gift.These are so called lucid dreams and premonition dreams .

Soul of Light
18 May 2014, 04:34 AM
Namaste Ashtavakra!
You get your answer above, but in my opinion meditation can increase lucid dreaming depending upon how you meditate, if u meditate for lucid dream then it'll increase the chance of lucid dreaming to great extent and if u meditate for improving ur senses then also it increase but if u meditate for some other reason then it increase s to very small extent or it'll not...
But if you want to see lucid dreams then while meditating train ur mind by focusing that you want to see lucid dream, have a dream diary and ask urself does ur in dream as it is given on web...
Thank you..!! :)

Eastern Mind
18 May 2014, 09:16 PM
Vannakkam: I'd just like to remind everyone of Rule #5, before posting to long dead threads.

Aum Namasivaya

Soul of Light
19 May 2014, 03:50 AM
Namaste Eastern mind..!!
I am sooo sorry, I think I have broke one rule of forum, sorry I'll not repeat it and from now I'll not give replies to long dead threads..
Thank you for reminding!
Have a nice day :)