PDA

View Full Version : Nithyananda 'Swami' Exposed!

TatTvamAsi
07 March 2010, 01:24 PM
Namaste,

Perhaps I'm a bit late to the party, but I just happened upon this video on YouTube about Nithyananda frolicking with an actress in his Ashram: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlK9AUnGBJE

It is quite shameful that he broke the faith that so many people had in him about being celibate and a Brahmacarin despite being so young.

However, before we all jump on the lambasting wagon, we must realize this is not as bad as it seems for a couple of reasons.

One, he is a man all said and done. When riSis in the days of yore couldn't control their sexual urges, it is quite a tall order to expect someone like Nithyananda to be completely celibate. Of course, his breaking of the trust between himself and his disciples is what is terrible here; not so much the sexual act itself.

Two, he had a relationship with a full-grown, adult female. The same cannot be said of the pedophile christian priests and sullah mullahs.

The other thing is the hidden camera was placed by someone named "K Lenin", either a foreigner, or Indian christian. The christians are in full swing trying to denigrate the swamis of India. They tried this with Sai Baba too but couldn't find anything. Only a few fanatic christians who lied and pretended to be disciples later said he "sexually molested them"! This was of course, unfounded and absolutely false! Who do they think Sai Baba is? jesus? To sleep with a prostitute (mary magdalene)?

Nonetheless, as Hindus we must be weary of these 'swamis' who ask for large sums of money for their 'darshan'; after all, knowledge is not a commodity! Unlike the west, where everything from people to degrees can be bought, Brahmajnana can only be transmitted from an enlightened guru to an initiated siSya.

Namaskar.

Hiwaunis
07 March 2010, 03:19 PM
Namaste,

Perhaps I'm a bit late to the party, but I just happened upon this video on YouTube about Nithyananda frolicking with an actress in his Ashram: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlK9AUnGBJE

It is quite shameful that he broke the faith that so many people had in him about being celibate and a Brahmacarin despite being so young.

However, before we all jump on the lambasting wagon, we must realize this is not as bad as it seems for a couple of reasons.

One, he is a man all said and done. When riSis in the days of yore couldn't control their sexual urges, it is quite a tall order to expect someone like Nithyananda to be completely celibate. Of course, his breaking of the trust between himself and his disciples is what is terrible here; not so much the sexual act itself.

Two, he had a relationship with a full-grown, adult female. The same cannot be said of the pedophile christian priests and sullah mullahs.

The other thing is the hidden camera was placed by someone named "K Lenin", either a foreigner, or Indian christian. The christians are in full swing trying to denigrate the swamis of India. They tried this with Sai Baba too but couldn't find anything. Only a few fanatic christians who lied and pretended to be disciples later said he "sexually molested them"! This was of course, unfounded and absolutely false! Who do they think Sai Baba is? jesus? To sleep with a prostitute (mary magdalene)?

Nonetheless, as Hindus we must be weary of these 'swamis' who ask for large sums of money for their 'darshan'; after all, knowledge is not a commodity! Unlike the west, where everything from people to degrees can be bought, Brahmajnana can only be transmitted from an enlightened guru to an initiated siSya.

Namaskar.

Pranam TT,
Are you sure that is him? Why is the quality of the video sub-par? Is the video from 2 different days? It seems like the girl is wearing different clothes. What are the pills? And what's the deal with the constant scratching? Call me nieve but who has sex fully dressed?

Anyway, from a more spiritual point of view what are we really seeing here? Which asura should we expect to see Maa Kali destroy?

Namaste,

TatTvamAsi
07 March 2010, 03:53 PM
Pranam TT,
Are you sure that is him? Why is the quality of the video sub-par? Is the video from 2 different days? It seems like the girl is wearing different clothes. What are the pills? And what's the deal with the constant scratching? Call me nieve but who has sex fully dressed?

Anyway, from a more spiritual point of view what are we really seeing here? Which asura should we expect to see Maa Kali destroy?

Namaste,

Namaste Hiwaunis,

You know I too first wondered if that was really him. He has come out and said, "I did not do anything illegal!" That gives him away. In fact, the moment I found out that he charges up to $8000 (yes, US DOLLARS) for his 'Kalpataru' program, I knew there was something fishy.

We must remember that knowledge, even book knowledge, is NOT something that can be bought. That is why I hinted at 'buying degrees' as many, if not all, universities/colleges are in the BUSINESS of giving out degrees to anyone and everyone; for money. Students pay money, universities give out degrees. That is why there is no respect for education, especially in the west, anymore. Teachers are therefore looked upon as salesmen.

This is especially true of spiritual knowledge. Anyone who says, "Come, I'll show you GOD! Just give me your credit card" is an absolute fraud! If he/they take donations for upkeep of the ashram, attending to the needy (hungry,sick,poor), then I will more than gladly give money. This Nithyananda has amassed MILLIONS of dollars and has done very little with that money! Whereas Sai Baba, for example, gives millions to help the needy. He doesn't have a "throne" or a palace to stay in.

It is quite sad but alas this is Kali Yuga; time when fakes from all over will try to lead others.

People really need to be able to discern between honest and dishonest. The moment one charges money, I believe that anything spiritual is gone. Let us see what happens.

Namaskar.

Eastern Mind
07 March 2010, 05:35 PM
Vannakkam:

I often wonder why we (not all of us course) get some sense of pleasure with watching the mighty fall. Celebs like Tiger Woods, or Britney Spears, or swamis. What is it that gets people so interested? Its really none of our personal business unless we are direstly involved, and I 'm guessing few of us here are. I could be wrong. There may be a Nityananda devotee with us. I know there are Sai devotees and Prabulapada devotees. Is it jealousy or our own insecurity or ego that somehow makes us feel better when this happens?

It just seems unHindu somehow to get pleasure out of others pain. Surely the people who laid their souls in obeisance to a swami must be going through hell in these moments.

Aum Namasivaya

Hiwaunis
07 March 2010, 05:53 PM
Namaste Hiwaunis,

You know I too first wondered if that was really him. He has come out and said, "I did not do anything illegal!" That gives him away. In fact, the moment I found out that he charges up to $8000 (yes, US DOLLARS) for his 'Kalpataru' program, I knew there was something fishy.

We must remember that knowledge, even book knowledge, is NOT something that can be bought. That is why I hinted at 'buying degrees' as many, if not all, universities/colleges are in the BUSINESS of giving out degrees to anyone and everyone; for money. Students pay money, universities give out degrees. That is why there is no respect for education, especially in the west, anymore. Teachers are therefore looked upon as salesmen.

This is especially true of spiritual knowledge. Anyone who says, "Come, I'll show you GOD! Just give me your credit card" is an absolute fraud! If he/they take donations for upkeep of the ashram, attending to the needy (hungry,sick,poor), then I will more than gladly give money. This Nithyananda has amassed MILLIONS of dollars and has done very little with that money! Whereas Sai Baba, for example, gives millions to help the needy. He doesn't have a "throne" or a palace to stay in.

It is quite sad but alas this is Kali Yuga; time when fakes from all over will try to lead others.

People really need to be able to discern between honest and dishonest. The moment one charges money, I believe that anything spiritual is gone. Let us see what happens.

Namaskar.

Pranam TT,
In fact, the moment I found out that he charges up to $8000 (yes, US DOLLARS) for his 'Kalpataru' program, I knew there was something fishy.

TT why? Why do you think that this is a lot of money? It is not a lot for many, many people. As a matter of fact I paid about $26k for my education. I have friends that are over $50k in debt for their education. Actually, there are people who donate this kind of money all the time. When it comes to spiritual knowledge I just don't see anything wrong with the "Robinhood" game. Afterall, what are the people who can spend this kind of money going to do with it otherwise? Most of them got that money by stealing and malnipulating others anyway. Why not use their own methods to take the money back? Shri Hari Vishnu would have done the same thing. There is nothing wrong with deceiving deamons.

Now I will admit that I do not what "NIT" does with the money. I've seen free medical clinics and heard something about staying at one of his ashrams for 1 year free.

"I did not do anything illegal!" Yes, I saw the english version of his speech. This is pure "lawyer and insurance company" jargon. This indeed makes him look guilty. This reminds me of an entertainer who took the bad advise of his lawyer and paid-off his accusers. (cause this is Thriller)

His followers seem to believe in him. I would hate to see him get married just to take some of the pressure off.

I donot understand why he would allow himself to be alone first of all with a woman and secondly a woman of low standards. It just seems like he is unaware of the HIV virus.

I don't TT, I mean that video makes him look like the average low life "dog". Notice how he just sort of layes there exposing and scrathing himself. I certainly won't jump to any conclusions, but something just doesn't seem right.

I have heard and seen this same thing happen over and over and over all of my life. This is one interesting leela.

Namaste,

yajvan
07 March 2010, 06:16 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

I watched the video of paramahaṃsa nityānanda, this will bring a blemish to his credibility no doubt.

I also watched many of his lectures and found his insights valuable.

I will avoid finding fault... but very disheartened.

praṇām

Hiwaunis
07 March 2010, 07:34 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

I watched the video of paramahaṃsa nityānanda, this will bring a blemish to his credibility no doubt.

praṇām

Pranam Yajvan,
Don't be disheartened. No matter what truth and righteous will prevail. "NIT" has done good for a lot of people. There are still many people who are being spiritually nourished by his organizations and those people need all of our best wishes and prayers. So for now just think about saving them.

Namaste,

devotee
07 March 2010, 10:06 PM
Nitiyananda should marry that girl. He should leave Sannyaas & enter Grihastha Ashrama.

Charging 8000 USD for his program does tell something about this "Sannyaasi". Why should a Sannyaasi need money at all ? How much did he give back to the society out of the money he collected ? Sannyaasi has no right to have wealth except his bare necessity. Again, which order of Sannyaasis does he belong to ? His lineage is suspect. Who gave him the title of "Paramhansa" ? "Paramhansa" is the highest title conferred to only the most eligible Sannyaasi by only a Self-realised Guru.

I find a lot of things with this godman fishy. It is not a sad news. It is good that a fraud is exposed and many innocent souls are saved from getting trapped by him. These so called saints are an ugly blot on Hinduism.

OM

sm78
08 March 2010, 07:35 AM
Was this person an advocate of celibacy? did he claim himself to be a traditional sannyasi? if so which order? If not, what's the fuss?

You make someone god or godman, believe his claims of enligthenment, pay $$ to hear him spill some nonsense, believe him to be your master and treat yourself as a slave, assign imaginary standards of superior conduct to this person, which you can never fullfill...and when all falls apart the person turns out to be just another businessman in the million dollar industry of fake spirituality, everybody is sad, hurt and disowning the said guru. think before you leap and don't whine afterwards.

yajvan
08 March 2010, 11:26 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

My concern is simple and it regards leadership. Kṛṣṇa calls this out in the Bhāgavad gītā , chapter 3, 21st śloka:

Whatsoever the śreṣṭha¹ (leader) does, the very same is also done by other men. Whatever standard he sets, the world follows it.

Paramahaṃsa nityānanda, by his own hand, has accepted this role. He has followers, donors, etc. hence he is the leader.
Is he the saṃyāsin? I do not know as that is secondary on my list. If what occurred is true, paramahaṃsa nityānanda has lost perspective and the responsibilities that accompany a leader.

Chapter 3, 21st śloka
Let not the wise create a division in the minds of the ignorant who are attached to action.

praṇām

words
śreṣṭha - first, chief; better , more , distinguished , superior ; when used in the feminine gender śreṣṭhā , it means most splendid or beautiful , most beautiful of or among

satay
08 March 2010, 11:27 AM
Sigh...:coffee:
Kama gets everyone...

sm78
08 March 2010, 12:10 PM
@yajvan: surely he is leader in some sense but not in the way we have imagined it to be. is it his fault or our delusion?

my problem is simple, did he conduct contrary to what he preached? from what little i have heard, probably not.

Hiwaunis
08 March 2010, 04:18 PM
Vannakkam:

I often wonder why we (not all of us course) get some sense of pleasure with watching the mighty fall. Celebs like Tiger Woods, or Britney Spears, or swamis. What is it that gets people so interested? Its really none of our personal business unless we are direstly involved, and I 'm guessing few of us here are. I could be wrong. There may be a Nityananda devotee with us. I know there are Sai devotees and Prabulapada devotees. Is it jealousy or our own insecurity or ego that somehow makes us feel better when this happens?

It just seems unHindu somehow to get pleasure out of others pain. Surely the people who laid their souls in obeisance to a swami must be going through hell in these moments.

Aum Namasivaya

Pranam EM,
As for the other entertainers you mentioned above I don't really care about them. I do care about spiritual leaders falling or being "scammed' however. This is my reasoning: Ignorance will hurt us all. Someone has to and should lead the ignorant. If not people like me and you will become their victims.

Honestly, I don't know whether I'd pay $8000 for spiritual knowledge or not. That's why I ask lots of questions first. That's why I read scriptures. I diligently seek free knowledge first. I not only seek knowledge but I test and experiment with that knowledge. But I know people who will and have paid bigg bucks for spiritual knowledge. If they are willing and can pay what's wrong with it? You should see the houses they live in, OMG! Instead of cars in their driveways they have small yatchs. Mata Laxmi would rather be used for spiritual purposes than lets say used to buy a private jet or ones' own island.

This is just my personal observation and opinion, but it seems that the population of the world is "up there" in age. It seems like the whole defame the gurus is nothing more than a play to get control of disposal / ignorant people. Just think, what will happen to all those people who lost their guru. What will they do, what and who will they believe? They will have no other choice but to believe in the political system that sent them to guru in the first place. And you know what that means, "war fodder".

We should never forget that this is Kaliyuga. Some say close to 75% of the worlds population is demonic. I reeeally want to believe in the guru's.

Namaste,

Hiwaunis
08 March 2010, 04:24 PM
Nitiyananda should marry that girl. He should leave Sannyaas & enter Grihastha Ashrama.

Charging 8000 USD for his program does tell something about this "Sannyaasi". Why should a Sannyaasi need money at all ? How much did he give back to the society out of the money he collected ? Sannyaasi has no right to have wealth except his bare necessity. Again, which order of Sannyaasis does he belong to ? His lineage is suspect. Who gave him the title of "Paramhansa" ? "Paramhansa" is the highest title conferred to only the most eligible Sannyaasi by only a Self-realised Guru.

I find a lot of things with this godman fishy. It is not a sad news. It is good that a fraud is exposed and many innocent souls are saved from getting trapped by him. These so called saints are an ugly blot on Hinduism.

OM

Pranam,
You have asked several questions and judged before you have all the answers. Seeing is not always believing. I would like to also know the answers to the questions you have asked.

Namaste,

Eastern Mind
08 March 2010, 05:15 PM
Honestly, I don't know whether I'd pay $8000 for spiritual knowledge or not. That's why I ask lots of questions first.

Just think, what will happen to all those people who lost their guru. What will they do, what and who will they believe? They will have no other choice but to believe in the political system that sent them to guru in the first place. And you know what that means, "war fodder".

I reeeally want to believe in the guru's.

Namaste,

Yes, I'm with you. Swamis are not the same as famous stars. But the principle of watching them go down I find as gossip fodder. It is sad. Many stick by the teachings and distinguish between the message and the messenger.

Let's not forget the several millions of sadhus and swamis that have reputable organisations, or no organisations, but just keep things quiet. They continue to go along and spread Vedic wisdom getting no bad press.

I know I never had to pay for spiritual knowledge, because I was taught it was all on the inside anyway. There is no charge for going within oneself, which most teachers teach anyway. But yes I gave love offerings, and am happy to do it. Swamis, religious institutions, temples: they all need funds.

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
08 March 2010, 05:47 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté sm78,

@yajvan: surely he is leader in some sense but not in the way we have imagined it to be. is it his fault or our delusion?

my problem is simple, did he conduct contrary to what he preached? from what little i have heard, probably not.

Perhaps you are right.
My perspective comes from the Bhāgavad gītā , chapter 3, 17th śloka:
But for the man whose delight is in the Self alone, who is content in the Self, who rejoices only in the Self, for him there is no action he need to do.

The dichotomy I am perplexed by is the following...if paramahaṃsa nityānanda is in fact possessed of the Self, of what need is there for any additional 'frolicking'? The notion of mokṣa is to be beyond these needs i.e. the senses grabbing after additional stimulation.

I am not so concerned with his intimacies he chooses , it just seems obtuse to the level of Being he has said to have achieved.... that is my curiosity.

What is opposite to his teachings is the level of Being that is within reach and what that brings... fullness with no requirement for 'more'. Yet in this case ( the video tape) , is paramahaṃsa nityānanda still striving after more?

Yet what you say just might be true - this is my expectation on the behavior of a Realized being from what I have been taught. Maybe (just perhaps) paramahaṃsa nityānanda is not reading from the same sheet music that I am.

praṇām

TatTvamAsi
08 March 2010, 07:17 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

praṇām

Namaste Yajvan,

I too agree with you on that (emboldened script). In fact, his discourses and descriptions of various principles in Hinduism seemed to be quite unique and easy to comprehend; he never smacked of arrogance in his speeches either. He also seems to have a personality, at least thus far, of gay abandon; typical of a sannyasi or even an enlightened person such as Ramana Maharishi. However, it seems from this video, he was not able to conquer the infamous "sex-demon"!

TatTvamAsi
08 March 2010, 07:24 PM
Vannakkam:

Aum Namasivaya

EM,

That is a good point and yes, most people like to revel in other's misery. It is human (animal) nature. To sum it up in one word; jealousy! Either for wealth, status, power, discipline, intelligence, etc. etc., jealousy is indeed a terrible thing.

On that note, what about that neanderthal Osho?!? Didn't he try to sleep with all his female disciples? No wonder he was driven out of his "ashram" in Oregon!! hahaha...

As they say, we men have two heads, and God gave us only enough blood to use one at a time! ;) ahhahahahaha..

(Satay.. please feel free to remove the last sentence as needed).

TatTvamAsi
08 March 2010, 07:29 PM

OM

Namaste Devotee,

I would not be surprised if he is charged with some crime. After all, he is Hindu and you know how the Indian govt. is regarding Hindus; especially Hindu "gurus".

One more thing; is not unfair to call this man "godman" as the rat-media in India always do? They never refer to pedophile christian priests as "godmen" or sullah mullahs as "godmen". Why? They will be thrashed and destroyed in a single day. We, as Hindus, should avoid calling them with that derogatory name.

Nithyananda is not perfect; after all, he slept with an adult woman. That is not that terrible. Yes, he claimed to be a sannyasin so he should have been careful but people are shouting for his head.

Namaskar.

Eastern Mind
08 March 2010, 07:38 PM
Vannakkam all:

I for one am not jumping to conclusions about the fellow's guilt. It seems some of us have forgotten that. We had a traveling swami here in my city one time whose chief disciple was female. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Why not? Sure, its people beware of scams out there, but that's true with banks, phone call solicitation and a bunch of other things.

If people were to believe completely a video, then they'd be duped by tons of flying saucer videos, etc. Sai Baba would have long ago been left with no followers, as with Osho and many others. It's THEIR karma, it it's there at all. I'm too busy trying to control my own harsh words on here to be jumping on the attack bandwagon.

Aum Namasivaya

TatTvamAsi
08 March 2010, 07:51 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté sm78,

Perhaps you are right.
My perspective comes from the Bhāgavad gītā , chapter 3, 17th śloka:
But for the man whose delight is in the Self alone, who is content in the Self, who rejoices only in the Self, for him there is no action he need to do.

The dichotomy I am perplexed by is the following...if paramahaṃsa nityānanda is in fact possessed of the Self, of what need is there for any additional 'frolicking'? The notion of mokṣa is to be beyond these needs i.e. the senses grabbing after additional stimulation.

I am not so concerned with his intimacies he chooses , it just seems obtuse to the level of Being he has said to have achieved.... that is my curiosity.

What is opposite to his teachings is the level of Being that is within reach and what that brings... fullness with no requirement for 'more'. Yet in this case ( the video tape) , is paramahaṃsa nityānanda still striving after more?

Yet what you say just might be true - this is my expectation on the behavior of a Realized being from what I have been taught. Maybe (just perhaps) paramahaṃsa nityānanda is not reading from the same sheet music that I am.

praṇām

Namaste Yajvan,

That is an interesting assessment. Yes, it is a valid requirement to have or judgment to make of one who claims to be self-realized because of the reasons you have already given.

The thing is, let us take the case of rSi ViSwamitrA.

His ascendancy from mere Kshatriya to rAja rSi was the first summit. It is after this stage that he was entranced by Menaka and "frolicked" with her for YEARS in a forest. Wasn't he already at a "high" spiritual level (as rAja rSi) by this time? Yet, he was not able to conquer the 'sex-demon' and gave in. This is supposed to have "thrown" him far back on the spiritual scale (think of brownie points being used up) so he had to do all that penance and more again to regain the status of rAja rSi and eventually bRhma rSi.

It is definitely an interesting discussion as we assume that celibacy is a prerequisite of sannyas and/or enlightenment. The question is, is that a valid assumption or even a fair one to make?

Namaskar.

atanu
08 March 2010, 10:29 PM
Namaste All,

This reminds me of a story in Shiva Bhaktavilasam.

An extraordinary sadhu was however non-vegetarian. Other lesser sadhus were jealous and one day they took revenge. They exposed some fishes that the non-vegetarian sadhu was carrying in his dhoti within a temple premise. The matter was reported to the King and the opponents asked for this sadhu's head. The sadhu was however non-plussed and said: Guilty are those who exposed the fishes within the temple premise, just as one who intentionally defecates in a temple will be.

IMO, a sadhu may or may not frolick and the consequences are his own, as dicated by Ishwara.

Om Namah Shivaya

satay
09 March 2010, 04:32 PM
namaskar,

I beriefly watched the video and to me he seems under the influence of something. Was he tricked into taking some drugs or something? The woman is practically throwing herself on him. I didn't watch the whole video though so not sure what happened next.

He is in bed with an adult woman, so? So what? Should we hang everyone that wears a kesari robe and is not master of his senses?

I am not condoning his actions if he claimed to be a brahamachari sadhu and I agree with Yajvan. I am disappointed. But...I don't see what the big deal is.

satay
09 March 2010, 04:34 PM
namaskar,

It figures...:rolleyes:

The other thing is the hidden camera was placed by someone named "K Lenin", either a foreigner, or Indian christian. The christians are in full swing trying to denigrate the swamis of India.

Namaskar.

LALKAR
10 March 2010, 10:41 AM
Namaste All,

and thanks for your great mind, you know well what is right or wrong

:grouphug:

yes you have the right to express and I agree with all of you at same time

yajvan
14 March 2010, 08:38 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Follow-up for those interested:

First intervew starts in Tamil then goes to English: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNl78-mgnFk&feature=channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNl78-mgnFk&feature=channel)

Additional interviews and discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZA_0Pk0hSs&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TlTipMxTLg&feature=channel

In tamil language:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1v6yqVdx1Q&feature=channel

saidevo
21 March 2010, 09:10 PM
Here is an article by Sandhya Jain on how the globe trotting Hindu swamis try to make Hinduism a centrally organized religion:

Debutante Dharma-Gurus: Violating a civilisational patent
http://vijayvaani.com/FrmPublicDisplayArticle.aspx?id=1144

TatTvamAsi
21 March 2010, 10:39 PM
Here is an article by Sandhya Jain on how the globe trotting Hindu swamis try to make Hinduism a centrally organized religion:

Debutante Dharma-Gurus: Violating a civilisational patent
http://vijayvaani.com/FrmPublicDisplayArticle.aspx?id=1144

Namaste Saidevo,

I am truly shocked after reading that article!

I completely agree that Deepak DOPEra (the well-known idiot) is a non-Hindu and even an anti-Hindu but I am curious as to why the writer of the article, Sandhya Jain, has criticized the likes of Dayanand Saraswati? I don't know much about him but I suppose at first glance that article gives ammunition for anti-Hindus and mlecchas (foreigners).

I will read it again and perhaps come to a better understanding.

Thanks for the article.

There are others who are claiming that Nithyananda was set up and it was a well-coordinated attack on Hindus and Hinduism by untouchables (christians). Especially with the vehemently anti-Hindu govt. of Tamil Nadu, I didn't dismiss that report but it seems like the swami was indeed guilty.

I am just not sure. hmm.. strange things going on that's for sure.

Also, I just realized that the "Global Hindu" she refers to in the article is Rajiv Malhotra. After reading some of his work and articles, I thought he was staunchly pro-Hindu and supported Hindu India. It is quite shocking to see the allegations that Sandhya Jain has made.

Namaskar.

saidevo
21 March 2010, 11:11 PM
namaste TatTvamAsi.

It seems that SvAmi DayAnanda has given his comment to Sandhya Jain's article here:
http://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/debutante-dharma-gurus-violating-a-civilisational-patent-sandhya-jain/

I came across this link when I was searching for Sandhya Jain's profile, which I am not able to find. She is a popular columnist, especially at Pionner and Vijayavani and I think she is a Jain Hindu. But I think she is right about saying that any efforts of globalization of Hindu dharma should not weaken the traditional prescriptions of Hindu Dharma, specially the areas of Karma, Bhakti and VarNa.

atanu
22 March 2010, 12:48 AM
namaste TatTvamAsi.

It seems that SvAmi DayAnanda has given his comment to Sandhya Jain's article here:
http://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/debutante-dharma-gurus-violating-a-civilisational-patent-sandhya-jain/

I came across this link when I was searching for Sandhya Jain's profile, which I am not able to find. She is a popular columnist, especially at Pionner and Vijayavani and I think she is a Jain Hindu. But I think she is right about saying that any efforts of globalization of Hindu dharma should not weaken the traditional prescriptions of Hindu Dharma, specially the areas of Karma, Bhakti and VarNa.

Namaste saidevoji

I could not see any writing of Swami Dayananda in the above link?

Om

saidevo
22 March 2010, 02:01 AM
namaste Atanu.

I am sorry, the comment is from Devananda Saraswati, my hastening eyes erred.

Eastern Mind
22 March 2010, 08:25 AM
Vannakkam all:

I read the article but couldn't really understand it all because there were a few unfamiliar terms and names whose background I didn't know. I couldn't really get the point. There did seem to be some antagonism towards westerners and in particular globe-trotting gurus.

It seemed that the gist was that the author felt that other 'legitimate' swamis should stand up and be heard in their criticism of Nityananda. Of course I may be misunderstanding this.

There are many reasons not to do this:
1) There still is no actual proof of anything. The video could have been a set-up.
2) Criticism begets criticism. Its the old divide and conquer method. We saw large groups such as SYD and ISKCON have huge internal troubles when controversy got going. It seems like an endless stream of accusations, false accusations, and the like. The snowball effect. So for example, if Muniji or Dayananda comes out in criticism, what is stopping some disgruntled devotee from their camps, or another's camp from playing the set-up game releasing some video or whatever. With a little digital editting, or quick cameras, I'm sure it could be done.
3) It's just not my business. Many swamis would take that attitude. Another swamis business is just that: his or hers. Why comment at all? Let justice (karma) prevail.

If Satay allowed us all to behave like that, we would end in shouting matches accusing each others gurus and traditions of this or that. We'd all be acting like babies. The last thing we need is the whole Hindu community shouting at each other over whose guru is legitimate etc.

As far as the insinuation that India knows best, and that catering to the whites is wrong, I'm not so sure. Many Indian ashrams charge more for the whites to take courses, hence increasing the numbers of students from India, because they can be charges less. Someone has to pay for all the food, overhead, etc. I've worshipped in both places, and both have their greatness, and their problems. They're different for sure.

If some westerner wants to support some swami financially, so be it. It's still better than buying a round of rum shots at the local tavern or a new Mercedes. Sometimes it is ill spent, but so what? We all make mistakes.

I hope that the teachings of Sri Nityananda remain around. Although I have not read any, I'm guessing they are based on some tradition like dvaita.

Aum Namasivaya

saidevo
22 March 2010, 09:58 AM
namaste EM.

There are certain points I think we as Hindus need to appreciate.

1. Although Hinduism is a dynamic religion that is supposed to grow with time and absorb and synthesize all noble thoughts and good practices, IMHO, we as Hindus should place more value on the Hindu Dharma and worship practices as ordained in our traditional scriptures in their traditional interpretations, rather than in any modern interpretations.

2. The traditional Hindu religious institutions in India such as the Shankara, Shaiva, VaiShNava and ShAkta mathams and possibly other institutions with a traditional lineage behind them are the ones that Hindus need to depend more for religious guidance, whether that Hindu is Indian or Western. Certainly there are Western Hindu institutions such as the Saiva Siddhanta Church founded by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami that nourish traditional Hindu Dharma and are well recognized for such efforts. But then there are many institutions both in India and abroad, which are one-man shows, depending on what their leader guru dispenses as teaching of Hindu Dharma and religion, and that guru usually resorts to acquisition of Western devotees and funds for their popularity and growth. It is against these gurus whose institutions are favoured religiously and financially by modern Hindus that Sandhya Jain has taken exception to, and I appreciate this point of hers.

3. That said, it is true that Hindus residing abroad are the among key supports, specially in the financial angle, for the Hindu religious institutions, both traditional and modern. In the olden days the kShatriya rAjAs nourished the Hindu sages; today they are nourished by many of their well-to-do devotees and this is a good sign.

4. All the Hindu scriptures of authority are based on the Vedas. And Vedas prescribe yajnas for welfare of humanity ('lokA samasta sukhino bhavantu'), which are periodically--even daily--conducted in traditional Hindu institutions and temples. Those Hindu institutions which do not follow this practice, whether Indian or Western, certainly can't be rated on par with the traditional institutions, whatever amount of social work they do.

5. There cannot be a single Hindu religious authority that can bind all Hindus. At best there can only be a conglomeration of institutions whose majority opinion might serve as the guidelines in religious issues, but still they can't bind an individual Hindu, who has the freedom to follow what he/she thinks best for him/her in religious worship and spiritual seeking. This is the greatest gift of freedom that Hinduism has given for its followers.

6. The worst injustice for mankind today is the monetary currency exchange rates. It is this concept and practice that gives rise to all sorts of financial aggressions that rob the developing and under-developed countries of their natural and human resources and create an insurmountable abyss between the rich and poor at all levels--personal, societal, institutional, corporate and political.

For more Nithyananda news, check:
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=nithyananda&hl=en&client=opera&hs=z2i&rls=en&tbs=nws:1&tbo=u&ei=TXynS9zXKYXGrAejiY3wAQ&sa=X&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBQQsQQwAw

Eastern Mind
22 March 2010, 11:33 AM
Saidevo: I agree with everything you said.

It is still a bit of a slippery slope though because 'tradition' can mean different things to different people. We see that here on these forums.

There are several reasons why traditional Hinduism doesn't go over with westerners.

One is the "Second Coming' complex. Westerners with a Christian subconscious, even though they may not be aware of it, still carry this idea that 'God' will reappear amongst us as an avatar. So they keep their eye out for that because they don't want to miss out on the 'big event'. Of course most of us, especially the non-Vaishnavas don't believe this is going to happen anyway.

Another reason is a lack of discipline in lifestyle. Once you start reading ethical scriptures like the Tirukkural, many westerners are turned away because of their belief in free will and egos that wish to sleep around or not be told what to do. Tradition means self-discipline, and they're not up for discipline.

Another is the 'shortcut' mentality. Why work at something when just around the next corner may await a Guru who can give you spirituality (or in some cases - instant self-realisation) with his powers? Traditional Hindua know its up to themselves alone, and much hard work is involved.

Yet another is the 'it's cool' aspect. Cool, man, to go to India, and find yourself. I find this laughable. Yet its still there.

As for the injustices you mentioned regarding distribution of wealth, quite frankly I found it really bad within the confines of India itself. (That is not to say its not bad here as well.) My feeling is that we need sort of a spiritualised Marxism, get rid of the violence as a means aspect, and work on the rich to have them become more spiritual so they they want to be more charitable. A stronger belief in karma amongst all classes would be a start. But instinctive desires are strong.

Still, I will keep my personal thoughts on the likes of Nityananda to myself. I see no value or growth in kicking anyone while they're down.

Aum Namasivaya

NayaSurya
22 March 2010, 01:35 PM
I think often God puts something right in front of you to continue the inner dialog and today this thread is very much causing that.

I wanted to also speak on the short cut.

A year ago I went for the first time to my Hindu temple. My cultural background is a hugging, passionate Kentuckian. 5'11, platinum blonde hair, blue eyes...very difficult to blend in the way I would like to.

I go to temple, all eyes watched us, wondering are these short cut, new age westerner? No one comes up and says "Hello, do this and do that and welcome and someone will babysit you now to make sure you come back"

Very big difference in the western church. A new member comes along they latch onto you and "babysit" you until you feel comfortable. Everything is so easy.

But, at Temple, there is no short cut. It's painfully difficult and makes short work of the ego. Baby steps can not even happen before I must crawl...and I have.

That was one full year ago. It took that long to realize that this culture I have been born into is an attachment of the highest order. For a year I worked on this aspect. Very difficult to shed away that protective shell of comfortable behaviours. Yesterday we returned to pray and this time, a humble servant free of that baggage, sat before Siva. Perhaps my first baby step, I hope.

I prayed before going back to the Temple and Siva say to me, "You're not going to find me, I am already here...so what is it you go for? and I answer...to find me?" Truly to find that which is not defined by this lifetime.

At the temple, I cleaned the toilets...without anyone knowing. I tell Siva, I will clean toilets until he gives me a better job there.

My husband is not so understanding on why this must be so difficult.

On the way home I spoke to him of the western affinity for short cut, drive through ideals. That is something very hard to release oneself from.

I can understand the desire to follow this lesser version which is devoid of the personal discipline. Such a yearning in this world to find God. It's very encouraging, even with setbacks such as this.

TatTvamAsi
22 March 2010, 04:35 PM
EM,

What you've stated is mostly correct.

The main issue though, is the need for "global Hindus" as the author terms it, and/or Hindu gurus to morph Hinduism into a set of belief systems or ideologies that are familiar in the west to attract westerners. That is what the author of the article is against, as am I. Pigeon-holing Hinduism simply can't be done. It is far too vast, too diverse, too beautiful for it to be characterized by a silly set of standards like the western religions/philosophies.

If something is of real value, it does not need to dance to the tunes of others to attract them; people, who really know its worth, will come of their own accord. There seems to be a gold-rush if you will in modern times for some of these gurus to gain as many "bhaktas" (read western bhakta>Indian bhakta mainly because of $$$) as possible. This is so antithetical to Hinduism it strikes a chord within many orthodox Hindus.

A classic example of this is Yoga. You can see for yourself how Yoga, which is a fundamental darshana of Hinduism, has been ravaged by the westerners and so-called "gurus" who brought it here (Yogananda/Mahesh Yogi et al.) and is now fancied as a "stretching exercise" by most of the world.

Its true value, purport, and import have completely been lost to the outside world. And, for the most part, I could care less about what outsiders think of Yoga. The sad thing is, due to the hegemony of western countries through materialism, capitalism, media, and even warfare, those erroneous ideologies are plunged back, subliminally or otherwise, into the Indian/Hindu conscience and creates a ripple effect among native-Hindus. This is highly damaging and probably catastrophic in the long in the run. Again, this demonstrates the absolute necessity and reason for Varnashrama Dharma (caste). This is why such knowledge was Sruti in those days. Any message/lesson is only as good as the vessel that receives it. Hence, it cannot be bandied about as if its the next best thing to sliced bread. The consequences are severe.

If the westerners don't want to commit themselves to really becoming a Hindu by following, respecting, and adhering to tradition, they should stay the hell away. This cherry-picking nonsense is what has become the "new-age" gobble-de-gook. Without self-discipline, there is no real advantage. I believe this article hits at the heart of this issue.

As far as Nithyananda is concerned, I suppose it is just too early to make judgments. However, one thing that is certain is the anti-Hindu forces are becoming brazen in their attempts to undermine Hinduism and Hindus. There will be an awakening; hopefully one that can be solved with the heart and mind instead of bombs and bullets. Let's see; only time will tell.

Namaskar.

It is still a bit of a slippery slope though because 'tradition' can mean different things to different people. We see that here on these forums.

There are several reasons why traditional Hinduism doesn't go over with westerners.

One is the "Second Coming' complex. Westerners with a Christian subconscious, even though they may not be aware of it, still carry this idea that 'God' will reappear amongst us as an avatar. So they keep their eye out for that because they don't want to miss out on the 'big event'. Of course most of us, especially the non-Vaishnavas don't believe this is going to happen anyway.

Another reason is a lack of discipline in lifestyle. Once you start reading ethical scriptures like the Tirukkural, many westerners are turned away because of their belief in free will and egos that wish to sleep around or not be told what to do. Tradition means self-discipline, and they're not up for discipline.

Another is the 'shortcut' mentality. Why work at something when just around the next corner may await a Guru who can give you spirituality (or in some cases - instant self-realisation) with his powers? Traditional Hindua know its up to themselves alone, and much hard work is involved.

Yet another is the 'it's cool' aspect. Cool, man, to go to India, and find yourself. I find this laughable. Yet its still there.

As for the injustices you mentioned regarding distribution of wealth, quite frankly I found it really bad within the confines of India itself. (That is not to say its not bad here as well.) My feeling is that we need sort of a spiritualised Marxism, get rid of the violence as a means aspect, and work on the rich to have them become more spiritual so they they want to be more charitable. A stronger belief in karma amongst all classes would be a start. But instinctive desires are strong.

Still, I will keep my personal thoughts on the likes of Nityananda to myself. I see no value or growth in kicking anyone while they're down.

Aum Namasivaya

Eastern Mind
22 March 2010, 05:43 PM
TTA:

Thanks for your explaining of the article better. I get the picture better now. At my temple I wear veshti because it is what Hindus wear. Sikhs wear turbans. The Indians (not all) look at me oddly. A few still wear veshti. Most come in western dress including leather belts and the like. All these reasons are why I became Hindu in a full way. You either commit to a marriage or you don't. There is no half way stuff. At least not in my opinion. And yet I remain half way, despite my best attempts to be otherwise.

But you are so right in the watering down bit. All this 'all religions are the same' **** may get you money from some, but at what cost? The loss of real tradition. So the best we can do is remain vigilant within ourselves.

Yes, yoga is the best/worst example. They don't even have the common courtesy to acknowledge its roots. McAuley and cronies did a number on us.

Aum Namasivaya

atanu
22 March 2010, 11:37 PM

----

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste EM

I mostly agree with your view (though we have, as of now, unbridgable difference in other matters).

Hinduism is a gati -- a path, a movement, three steps of Vishnu. Shiva is Leader of the Path. And this path is full of all colours.
Hinduism has Sage Visvamitra, who got deluded by Menaka.
Hinduism has example of Lord Himself losing His viryam, by His own Mohini.
We have Sage Aitreya teaching: For a knower, it is improper to say "I gained this by doing this, and I lost this by doing this" -- Simply because the thought that the Atman is a doer is a wrong notion.

That said. Hinduism teaches practise of control as the highest. However, Hinduism also teaches of Shiva Lata yoga -- wherein the control is practised using a Female partner. At the opposite end, traditional Yoga methods are there.

There is, I feel, nothing big that Shri Nityananda got exposed at a wrong time. It was his destiny. But what about Madam Jain? Is she doing a service to Sanatana Dharma?

Om Namah Shivaya

TatTvamAsi
24 March 2010, 02:44 PM
Namaste EM

I mostly agree with your view (though we have, as of now, unbridgable difference in other matters).

Hinduism is a gati -- a path, a movement, three steps of Vishnu. Shiva is Leader of the Path. And this path is full of all colours.
Hinduism has Sage Visvamitra, who got deluded by Menaka.
Hinduism has example of Lord Himself losing His viryam, by His own Mohini.
We have Sage Aitreya teaching: For a knower, it is improper to say "I gained this by doing this, and I lost this by doing this" -- Simply because the thought that the Atman is a doer is a wrong notion.

That said. Hinduism teaches practise of control as the highest. However, Hinduism also teaches of Shiva Lata yoga -- wherein the control is practised using a Female partner. At the opposite end, traditional Yoga methods are there.

There is, I feel, nothing big that Shri Nityananda got exposed at a wrong time. It was his destiny. But what about Madam Jain? Is she doing a service to Sanatana Dharma?

Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste Atanu,

So I suppose this whole debacle with Nithyananda can be looked upon as a 'test'?? If he took sannyas, why would he compromise himself by being with this woman? Again, the issue of having sex or relationship is not the real matter, as it is the dishonesty and the fraud that was perpetrated, allegedly, by this Swami on his followers.

Two things are for sure:

1.) Nithyananda fell into the trap of delusion; a purely philosophical slip-up

OR

2.) Some people carefully planned to bring him down and muddle his name/character for various reasons.

I believe Sandhya Jain is indeed too harsh on him and others whom I thought are fighting for Dharma, but I suppose her opinion is somewhat valid as well.

Namaskar.

fatpuzzle
29 March 2010, 01:16 PM
hello everyone,

without giving my (non-expert ) analysis on nithyananda, he just released a video on youtube lifebliss foundation. he sought the counsel of acharyas and he has been directed to live a life of seclusion and has resigned from his post as head of dhynapeetam. im not sure if his smile is one of arrogance or laughing at the people he fooled(if he fooled) . its a well crafted speech - prewritten i believe.
please watch it .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyUd3MOPvo4&feature=sub

or just go to channel lifeblissfoundation and it is the latest release.

regards,
fatpuzzle

TatTvamAsi
29 March 2010, 11:27 PM
Hello fatpuzzle,

Wow! So he has resigned! I suppose in order for his organization to continue he has to do so.

Wonder what will happen next.

Namaskar.

hello everyone,

without giving my (non-expert ) analysis on nithyananda, he just released a video on youtube lifebliss foundation. he sought the counsel of acharyas and he has been directed to live a life of seclusion and has resigned from his post as head of dhynapeetam. im not sure if his smile is one of arrogance or laughing at the people he fooled(if he fooled) . its a well crafted speech - prewritten i believe.
please watch it .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyUd3MOPvo4&feature=sub

or just go to channel lifeblissfoundation and it is the latest release.

regards,
fatpuzzle

fatpuzzle
30 March 2010, 12:31 AM
Namaste,

i guess next we want see his videos anymore. without making any judgements, isnt it strange that he has not given a concrete answer regarding the video, just spin. he said he will come back later to answer. i did like watching his videos on youtube but on occassions he did exhibit a smirk resembling george bush in reply to some answers. some videos has been released on his non completion of course at ramakrishna mutt and him getting diploma engineering degree at 12, how could he have roamed around for enlightenment for 6 years which he claims and some things dont add up. im sure you are all aware, sorry for the repetition. but he was very charismatic and attracted a lot of educated class who were willing to pay 10,000 dollars for his 3 month course.

i assumed swami nithyananda owned dhynapeetam, or is it owned by someone else ?

kind regards,
fatpuzzle

sm78
30 March 2010, 02:33 AM

As far as I know lata sadhana is not control, in what ever sense you might have meant...its more abt not being in control, if i am not wrong.

Om Namah Shivaya

The issue for me is not the destiny and desires of an insignificant individual, but the societal hypocracy sorrounding it. It is strange that a sprititual businessman has to invent or rely on conspiracy theories (not that they are not true), spiritualists have to invent elaborate theories of how a man falls to desire, and nobody has the sense to take a matter at what it is.

Nityananda has every right to have sex with anyone he desires....and being a fraud spiritual businessman he doesn't even have the courage to admit so. He needs councelling, seclusion and variety of other **** to explain the situation.

atanu
30 March 2010, 03:52 AM
As far as I know lata sadhana is not control, in what ever sense you might have meant...its more abt not being in control, if i am not wrong.
---
The issue for me is not the destiny and desires of an insignificant individual, but the societal hypocracy sorrounding it. ---

Namaste sm

On Nityananda there is no point in piling opinion. About Lata Mudra, as far as i know, you are not correct. The intention of a practitioner of lata mudra can be either to have an explosive arousal and release or to sublimate arousal and not have any loss of viryam. The latter is the yogic goal as i know.

Om Namah Shivaya

sm78
30 March 2010, 10:45 AM
Namaste sm

On Nityananda there is no point in piling opinion. About Lata Mudra, as far as i know, you are not correct. The intention of a practitioner of lata mudra can be either to have an explosive arousal and release or to sublimate arousal and not have any loss of viryam. The latter is the yogic goal as i know.

Om Namah Shivaya

I have no problem piling opinion when there is good and enuf reason to do so, even if it entails other to pile opinion abt myself...i really don't care, and this sissyness and my appearence to others (that too in a virtual forum) has no value for me.

But since till now we were theorising a lot on how this nityananda might have fallen like a vishwamitra, I am a little confused on what was this about. If its just about our theories and nityananada is purely hypothetical, then I excuse myself. If not, what were we doing? What is this thread for?

As far as the 2nd yogic goal of lata sadhana, pls let me know your source if it is more substantial than the Aghora series of books.

satay
30 March 2010, 11:41 PM
namaste,

Nityananda has every right to have sex with anyone he desires....and being a fraud spiritual businessman he doesn't even have the courage to admit so. He needs councelling, seclusion and variety of other **** to explain the situation.

Yes, I find that strange too. At least have the courage to say yah or nay. :rolleyes: Oh well...

atanu
31 March 2010, 05:17 AM
I have no problem piling opinion when there is good and enuf reason to do so, even if it entails other to pile opinion abt myself...i really don't care, and this sissyness and my appearence to others (that too in a virtual forum) has no value for me.

But since till now we were theorising a lot on how this nityananda might have fallen like a vishwamitra, I am a little confused on what was this about. If its just about our theories and nityananada is purely hypothetical, then I excuse myself. If not, what were we doing? What is this thread for?

Dear Saikat

Kindly go ahead.

As far as the 2nd yogic goal of lata sadhana, pls let me know your source if it is more substantial than the Aghora series of books.

Can you kindly tell me about your substantial source which teaches lata Mudra is more about "---not being in control"? There are easier ways of losing control. And even in Lata Mudra, it is far easier to lose control than to attain control.

Om Namah Shivaya

fatpuzzle
31 March 2010, 08:04 AM
Namaste,

the latest video from swami nithyananda. a brilliant excuse and technique is suggested to use this current crisis and think for oneself and use this to jump into enlightenment !!!! ? if anyone can figure out anything genuine in this video, please share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot1v-8ri4ZI&feature=sub

kind regards
fatpuzzle

fatpuzzle
31 March 2010, 08:34 AM
Namaste all,

also i have another man accusing the swamiji of sexually molesting girls in california. i will post the link http://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/nithy-resigns-from-ashram-trusts-media-reports/ but also paste the contents here below

Sex Swami duped (http://www.ndtv.com/news/cities/sex-swami-duped-firangs-in-the-us-18710.php)firangs (http://www.ndtv.com/news/cities/sex-swami-duped-firangs-in-the-us-18710.php) in the US (http://www.ndtv.com/news/cities/sex-swami-duped-firangs-in-the-us-18710.php)

Douglas McKellor, an American national and once a disciple of Swami Nityananda, has registered a case with California State Attorney General against the self-proclaimed godman.

In his complaint, McKellor has accused Nityananda of sexually exploiting the devotees at the ashram, fraud and financial irregularities.

A resident of San Jose in California, McKeller came in contact with Nityananda in 2007.

Influenced by the swami, McKellor changed his name to Swami Nityaprabha and later became the head of the California branch of Dhyanapeetham.

Describing how he got conned by Nityananda, McKeller, in his complaint, said, “I was in the first batch that enrolled for Nityananda’s week-long instant enlightenment programme.

It was held at the Los Angeles ashram in June 2007, where I paid swami a fee of $400,000 for the workshop and the enlightenment certificate.”

McKeller added, “During the workshop, I felt abnormally lightheaded. It was like as if some strange drug was causing me lose all my senses.

Nityananda performed some fire rituals and asked us to cut a strand of our hair. Then, he put the hair in fire along with something that looked like marijuana seeds.

After the workshop, he issued certificates to everyone claiming that we had attained enlightenment.”

McKeller also accused Nityananda of sexually exploiting his American devotees. “Nityananda was fond of pretty girls.

While he was at Sanatan Dharma temple in Norwalk, California, for a two-day workshop on spirituality, he asked me to stand outside the door to ensure no one disturbed him, while he was with female guests,” he said in his complaint.

He was reportedly fond of striptease parties with pretty girls.

McKellor added that Nityananda used to eat his meals and rest with young girls in his private quarters at the cult organisation’s Norwalk and Montclair ashrams.

The swami had named attractive girls ‘flowers’ and used to say that they are a must item for his puja.

H S Chandramouli, Nityananda’s advocate, confirmed that a complaint has been filed by McKeller. “Those close to swami are discussing about the plan of action. However, noting has been decided yet,” said Chandramouli.

isnt 400,000 a little high? what happens to all the poor people who wants to get enlightenment( or its certificate)

kind regards,

fatpuzzle

Hiwaunis
04 April 2010, 06:44 PM
namaste,

Yes, I find that strange too. At least have the courage to say yah or nay. :rolleyes: Oh well...
Pranam,
He is still doing videos on YouTube. He talks about the scandal. I can't ascertain whether he's done anything wrong or not. He still claims that he is beyond the 4 stages of life. He has said in one interview that he has no lust in him what so ever.

That being said, please just tell me: Do you find it odd that he is not responding to the women in that video? He seems more interested in the TV than her. Also, usually it is the male that is the sexual aggressor, however in the video the female is very aggressive. Things just don't seem normal.

Anyway, has anyone heard from her? I wonder what her story is? I think the video makes her look very bad.

Oh and one last thing. If you all thought that $4,000 to $10,000 was a lot of money, I think reading about $400,000 for enlightenment, enlightened us all.

Namaste,

harekrishna
03 February 2011, 06:04 AM
Pranam,
He is still doing videos on YouTube. He talks about the scandal. I can't ascertain whether he's done anything wrong or not. He still claims that he is beyond the 4 stages of life. He has said in one interview that he has no lust in him what so ever.

That being said, please just tell me: Do you find it odd that he is not responding to the women in that video? He seems more interested in the TV than her. Also, usually it is the male that is the sexual aggressor, however in the video the female is very aggressive. Things just don't seem normal.

Namaste,

Recently, I have been following the development on Swami Nityananda front.

I have not been to his Ashram (though I stay close by in Bangalore) or have been his follower. However, after listening to some of his brilliant discourses and analysis especially on Patanjali Sutra, I was always confused. The confusion was - how can a person gain such a great understanding while leaving a duplicitous life. Nothing wrong with having a married life, many Vedic sages were married. However, having hidden sexual life while pretaining to be a Sanyasi is morally confounding.

Recently, many facts are coming out, and there is evidence to show that he is being hounded by anti-hindu forces in India. This is very sad.

The video that did TV rounds, is not after all going to be used as an evidence by the police. Why doesnt police include it as an evidence? In spite of ceritifications by top Indian authorities saying that the tape is authentic, there are enough holed in it to show that this is a fabricated tape.
Police refuses to take FIR by an Ashram mate of attempted case of Assault against Lenin. Lenin is the person who produced the tape.
The actress in the tape has also now denied the charges.
There are cases of intimidation against people standing by the Swami.

I am starting to lose faith in India police and judicial system. For once, cant they conduct a proper investigation, instead of being swayed by the powerful masters. I like now that the Swami and Ashram are standing up against this.

May the truth come out!
HariH Om!

Sahasranama
03 February 2011, 06:12 AM
I think what he did was wrong for a sannyasi, but I don't think it was against the law, so he shouldn't be prosecuted. An investigation can be useful for public awareness though.

Believer
03 February 2011, 04:38 PM
I am starting to lose faith in India police and judicial system.Indians need to follow the lead of the Egyptian people. All the police stations in Cairo have been torched and the cops, fearing for their lives, have disappeared from the city streets.
-

anatman
07 February 2011, 12:33 AM
The Conspiracy against Swami Nithyananda

http://nithyananda-satya.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=54

anatman
07 February 2011, 12:36 AM
http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/report_christian-missionary-behind-nithyananda-sex-scandal-ranjitha_1488741

Adhvagat
07 February 2011, 04:23 AM
Has he stood up and said it wasn't him in the tape?

He who does not owe, does not fear.

flabber
07 February 2011, 10:31 AM
Has he stood up and said it wasn't him in the tape?

He who does not owe, does not fear.
actually this would be a good read ;)

Lessons from The Swami Nithyananda Saga - Part I
http://www.medhajournal.com/geopolitics-guru/973-why-swami-nithyananda-must-resign-now.html

Part II
http://medhajournal.com/geopolitics-guru/999-can-hindus-self-govern-competitively-.html

_

anatman
07 February 2011, 01:44 PM
Let us analyse what changes have took place when all were busy with news of Nithyananda

It made people forget

Mellai periyar Dam problem
Inflation and price hike in essential commodities
Telangana problem
Budget implications
Petrol Price hike
Dadoji Konddev is the legendary character Chhatrapati Shivaji’s 'guru'. The statue was removed by Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) led by NCP-Congress from Pune’s Lal Mahal.
Chandra babu Naidu's is taken to hospital for fasting 8 days and Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy is still not ready to acknowledge his demand of raising the compensation of the farmers affected by rains.
Prasar Bharati CEO BS Lalli Suspended for no reason
RSS is accused of links with terrorism.
The trial on kasab is nowhere
The terrible Ak-47 gun firings on ashram in which Swami.Lakshmananda saraswati and all the ashram people were brutally killed in Orrissa by christian missionaries is silenced.
The construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya is not being allowed.
Scam in Common wealth games supressed.
PJ Thomas appointed As Chief Vigilance Commissioner , supreme court has confirmed his ineligibility and proved as a scamster in palmoline oil import.
Quattrocchi's Case Bofors Scam
Aarushi's murder case is about to be closed.
Nira radia and Barkha dutt tapes issue gone silent.
Hindu Radicals More Threatening Than LeT, Says Rahul Gandhi ,
Bomb explosion in Varanasi , No further inquiry .
Narendra Modi's Assassination Planned By LeT: WikiLeaks
Govt. signs nuclear deal with French company "areva" for hazardous 5 nuclear reactors.
The popular NDTV C.E.O Prannay roy was to be expposed after Nira Radia , First of all , His full name is Prannoy James Roy , yes a converted christian including Barkha butt and all others
Karan Thapar’s father was General Pran Nath Thapar COAS during 1962 war, when India lost the war.
Sagarika Ghose is wife of Rajdeep Sardesai (CEO of CNN-IBN) ,who are converted christians
Sonia maino Antonia Gandhi was about to be exposed in Swiss money.
Rahul antonio gandhi is already married with Spanish lady veronique. They 2 were caught at US airport for carrying US $ 60,000 without declaring. Then Indian Govt. Interferred silently and released.
Swiss black money issue became silent.
Thousands of food grains stacked , to cause artificial scarcity and raise the price. This was raided by Headlines Today.
China almost conquered Arunachal Pradesh
Govt. promising reservation in jobs for muslims passing out of Madrasas.

sm78
08 February 2011, 01:17 AM
It made people forget

"It" specifically didn't make people forget these things. People in India anyway don't seem to be aware of these things and their own fundamental rights, come nityananda or xtz-ananda.

You may instead ask, with such a huge list of problems facing the country and its people, why were people at all bothered with Nityananda?

anatman
08 February 2011, 01:50 AM
[/size][/b]

You may instead ask, with such a huge list of problems facing the country and its people, why were people at all bothered with Nityananda?[/size]

Exactly! my POV too.

Adhvagat
08 February 2011, 04:09 AM
Seems like the people at India and the people at Brazil indeed share some things in common.

High tolerance for government corruption and incompetence.

sm78
08 February 2011, 05:36 AM
Seems like the people at India and the people at Brazil indeed share some things in common.

High tolerance for government corruption and incompetence.

Yes, we have things various in common including tolerance (not always for good things) ;).

Sahasranama
24 February 2011, 07:13 AM
Yajvan makes a good point, he is not just an ordinairy sanyasin, but he has also taken the responsibility of a spiritual leader. Although I think he was more a business man than anything else.

charlebs
01 April 2011, 10:29 AM
Well even someone with complete wisdom like Shiva was seduced by Parvati. How can you ever blame someone to give into the wishes of a woman, even if they are calmness and kindness themselves? =)

Ganeshprasad
01 April 2011, 11:46 AM
Pranam

Well even someone with complete wisdom like Shiva was seduced by Parvati. How can you ever blame someone to give into the wishes of a woman, even if they are calmness and kindness themselves? =)

To compare a mortal like Nitya to Lord Shiva is uncalled for. this is what Bgavat Puran says

SB 8.7.33: Exalted, self-satisfied persons who preach to the entire world think of your lotus feet constantly within their hearts. However, when persons who do not know your austerity see you moving with Uma-, they misunderstand you to be lusty, or when they see you wandering in the crematorium they mistakenly think that you are ferocious and envious. Certainly they are shameless. They cannot understand your activities.

Jai Shree Krishna

charlebs
01 April 2011, 12:15 PM
I am sorry, shiva was my first love. but I understand your point entirely.

when you reach a certain status you should not desire to give into the desires of others anymore.