PDA

View Full Version : Wrath?

Tirisilex
12 March 2010, 06:10 PM
In Christianity in the book of Galatians which is very much like The 16th Chapter of the BG.. It says that Wrath is of the fleshly nature (Evil) Yet the God Jehovah is Full of wrath.. You can find "Gods Wrath" throughout the Bible.
They even say Fear God for his wrath may fall upon you if you do not believe in him. Just by not believing in him you face Wrath.

Now I am not saying that Lord Krishna Has Wrath. Because BG 16 states that Wrath is a Demoniacal trait. So Krishna does not possess such a quality. So my question is.. How did he fight the war with Arjuna? I saw a Martial Arts film once where 4 students were training not to fight with Hate or Anger but with love. Is this how Krishna fought? Or am I missing something? Did He fight another way?

sanjaya
12 March 2010, 06:56 PM
I'm fairly certain that when Krishna offered his own help or that of his army to both Duryodhuna and Arjuna, one of the provisions is that Krishna himself wouldn't fight in the war. As such, he served Arjuna as his charioteer, instead of participating in the conflict directly. Of course, we know independently of this that even God is not beyond killing. Earlier in Mahabharata, Krishna killed Shishupala with his chakra after receiving 100 insults from him.

I think we have to keep in mind that killing is not always an evil act. For example, soldiers kill others all the time, and we don't label them as murderers, even when the war is unjust (e.g. German soldiers in the Second World War). Most soldiers are not particularly wrathful people, and I don't think they derive any pleasure from killing, nor are the angry at the people that they kill. But they understand that this is part of their job. One of the points of the Gita is that sometimes war is our dharma. Even when God kills, it isn't "God's divine wrath," per se. In fact, it says somewhere in Hindu Scripture that any person who is killed directly by God is instantly granted a place in heaven.