PDA

View Full Version : Demons, Exorcism and the Paranormal

ScottMalaysia
17 March 2010, 10:23 PM
From what I have read about demons in Hinduism, they seem to be corporeal beings who live in this world the same way we do. Ravana had a kingdom in Lanka, and he was served by other demons who lived there. He was able to be killed by Rama's arrow.

This is a sharp contrast to Christianity, where demons are non-corporeal, spiritual beings who live in Hell. They are immortal and cannot be killed (they're the dark version of angels). These demons are able to perform paranormal feats and also possess people. Catholic priests are able to "exorcise" these demons from people who have been possessed.

I've been reading up on some paranormal stuff these last few days, and I'm thinking: if demons in Hinduism are corporeal beings, then what causes possession and paranormal activitiy such as things moving by themselves?

And last but not least, are there such things as Hindu exorcists? Would most Hindu pujaris or purohits be able to exorcise whatever causes possession from a person or a house?

satay
17 March 2010, 10:50 PM
namaste Scott,

I would like to respectfully close this thread. This type of discussion activates negative energies and we don't need any more of that in HDF for now.

ScottMalaysia
18 March 2010, 12:56 AM
Dear Satay,

I am sorry - I did not know that this sort of discussion would do that.

Would you (or anyone else who knows the answers to my questions) please answer me through private messaging?

Tirisilex
18 March 2010, 06:07 PM
It's a shame your shutting this down.. I wanted to discuss it.