PDA

View Full Version : What does Kundalini energy feel like?

Lucrosus
30 March 2010, 02:40 AM
Does anyone know if it has a specific feeling?

smaranam
30 March 2010, 03:53 PM
Namaste

I am the wrong person , not qualified to say anything about it. Once I felt a pop on the crown, like a lid open, and very relaxed. I kept feeling relaxed for a long time, and also as if I cared the least about anything. This was during the day. Once at night, I was awake and lying on one side. I felt one whole side vibrate and go numb. It was quite scary, like something paralytic. I started praying, talking to KRSNa "If i have made some mistake perhaps i deserve this but please forgive me if possible......" It stopped after that. For some reason i was feeling quite fine after that, do not know what gave the feeling it was related to Kundalini.

In any case, Kundalini is not necessarily always felt. A mere change in attitude, cascading insights one after another, intuition, seeing things, could all be Kundalini.

** More important, we should not keep expectations of any sort, just go about our way. Krshna says in the Bhagavad Gita - your right is on actions to be performed, duties, (including sAdhanA or meditation) , not on the results (i.e. keeping expectations).

Please look forward to better replies.

Eastern Mind
30 March 2010, 05:52 PM
Lucrosus: As far as I know it has no specific feeling, but I am no expert. For most of us, if we did feel it, we wouldn't know what it was anyway. Its one of those areas that can be quite controversial, as it gets interpreted a lot, and has a wide variety of viewpoints.

From my personal point of view, only a very advanced yoga adept with many years or lifetimes of sadhana under his of her belt would be there anyway. The rest are most likely pretenders. I've also heard there is a certain magnetism to the word, and concept which attracts people who are not ready and it can lead to problems.

I also agree with what smaranam said.

Aum Namasivaya

sambya
31 March 2010, 01:59 AM
kundalini awakens when you are on the verge of self realization . and as it rises you meet with different stages of realization -- direct experiences with god .
so i would doubt if there's anyone on internet who would be able to answer this question .

saidevo
31 March 2010, 02:49 AM
A popular sage in Tamilnadu, South India, whom his devotees celebrate by the name Yogiraj Vethathiri Maharishi, (he passed away in an advanced age some years back), simplified the kuNDalinI yoga and taught it in the name of SKY--simplified kuNDalinI yoga.

Some years back, a young trained devotee of the sage told me that he could raise at will (with some concentration of course), his kuNDalini energy to the Ajna chakra between the eyebrows, but then once the energy is thus raised it has to be pacified back to its base using what they called the shAnti yoga. He also said that a person with the kuNDalinI shakti raised up to the Ajna chakra when photographed, a white dot would be seen in the photo between the eyes.

Elsewhere in Theosophy, I have read that when kuNDalinI raises and activates the chakras one by one, a feeling of mild pin-pricks, itching and thrill might be felt, but I have not tried such things.

Here are two links:
http://www.skysociety.org.sg/
http://www.vethathiri.org/SKY/

sambya
31 March 2010, 03:07 AM
A popular sage in Tamilnadu, South India, whom his devotees celebrate by the name Yogiraj Vethathiri Maharishi, (he passed away in an advanced age some years back), simplified the kuNDalinI yoga and taught it in the name of SKY--simplified kuNDalinI yoga.

Some years back, a young trained devotee of the sage told me that he could raise at will (with some concentration of course), his kuNDalini energy to the Ajna chakra between the eyebrows, but then once the energy is thus raised it has to be pacified back to its base using what they called the shAnti yoga. He also said that a person with the kuNDalinI shakti raised up to the Ajna chakra when photographed, a white dot would be seen in the photo between the eyes.

Elsewhere in Theosophy, I have read that when kuNDalinI raises and activates the chakras one by one, a feeling of mild pin-pricks, itching and thrill might be felt, but I have not tried such things.

Here are two links:
http://www.skysociety.org.sg/
http://www.vethathiri.org/SKY/

as far as i can remember right now , kundalini doesnt come down once it reaches the throat chakra(visuddha) . and going upto ajna chakra is when you have the first direct relaizations of the supreme !! and in sahashrar its nirvikalpa . one cannot come down from it .
there are rarest of rare instances , however, of some godmen and avatars who could pull down kundalini from the sahasrar . but for ordinary sadhaks kundalini doesnt stoop any more lower once it crosses throat chakra.

Lucrosus
31 March 2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks for all the info! I've had some things happen to me and was just wondering if this could be the reason.

new_earth
12 August 2010, 11:23 AM
I am not sure if I have 100% had fully awakened kundalini, but many times during meditation in the last year or so, I can feel the movement through my spine. My backbone up to my head will swivel in circles a bit, and change directions. I remember during my Oneness Blessing training, we did Ananda Mandala meditation and I felt bursts of energy from my heart and then my brain (guessing crown chakra). I thought for a second I was having a heart attack but I guess they were what are called "kriyas" that you can have during meditation. So it definitely is something real and something that can be felt by all of us, but I am not sure what counts for full awakening...

Jigar
13 August 2010, 07:56 AM
I experienced an awakening of some sort of inception. When I posted here a while back ago, members told me that is was indeed a Kundalini awakening thru dreamstate.

I experienced:
1. Lucid capabilities
2. Smelling the stench of death
3. Immersion of Love
4. A feeling that can only bee described as conjucture of majic
5. Innate ability to conquer anything
6. Flying
7. etc.

If you would like to know details about these experience, PM me and I will send you a link.

Sahasranama
13 November 2010, 04:57 AM
To asnwer to the original question, what does kundalini energy feel like. I have no idea. But these days everything is passed for kundalini energy. A lot of what these modern teachers talk about has very little to do with the awakening of kundalini.

Look at the answer Swami Chetananda gave, this answer is very bad for business. Any business guru would have surely given an interpretation to this rush of energy, because that's what people want to hear and if you don't tell them what they want to hear, they will seek their business elsewhere.

Neotantrism and the Ego Trap

http://www.santosha.com/images/clear-pixel.gifNeotantrism is riddled with the "false consciousness" of means and goals. The sexual ritual, like the other Tantric devices, is tackled as a means to the end of "higher" states or experiences. But this very goal-directedness is what dooms the attempt to failure. Means and goals presuppose the ego, which we are supposed to transcend. In his book The Breath of God, Swami Chetanananda mentioned the case of a man who excitedly told him how, during sex, he had felt "a tremendous rush of energy" to his head and had since been trying to recapture that experience by having sex every day. The Swami humorously remarked:
http://www.santosha.com/images/clear-pixel.gif
In the whole religion business, over and over again you'll find this tendency to get everyone looking for something that isn't there, or that means very little even if it is there. Do you see the problem inherent in this whole idea? It's an arrangement worthy of Tom Sawyer and I'll bet somebody's ending up with a lot of whitewashed fences.10

Wise practitioners realize that enlightenment, or the realization of Being, cannot be coerced. Any self-motivated effort on the spiritual path is self-defeating, because it leads to ego-inflation rather than ego-transcendence. The idea that we can cause enlightenment should be the first to be jettisoned; often it is the last. As Ananda Coomaraswamy noted in his beautiful and by now classic essay on the Hindu-Buddhist ideal of spontaneity (sahaja), "All that is best for us comes of itself into our hands-but if we strive to overtake it, it perpetually eludes us."11http://www.santosha.com/moksha/tantrism1.html

brahman
15 November 2010, 04:44 AM
As being the originator of this post, I was not looking nor asking for anyone to direct me to a kundalini master. I was mere wanting to know what symptoms are present when kundalini is accidentally awakened. Does anyone have any real information on what this post was supposed to be about?

Dear Lucrosus,You seem to be serious about what you talk. Very good!

Kundalini is an ecstasy, a state of elated bliss. It tastes as venom for a Bhogi and nectar for a Yogi.

It (the energy) is usually awakened systematically (step by step, time taken depends on the capacity of the practitioner) with the help of a master.

It is also unknowingly awakened through the practice of bhakti (self surrender) and mantra mediation. Partial awakening takes place in the both cases, but definitely this awakening pours knowledge and vital energy over the practitioner and helps to progress towards the ultimate goal, the complete awakening.

Before the awakening of kundalini, the channel through which kundalini passes is cleared by awakening the pranic forces, which is at times misunderstood as the awakening of kundalini itself.

Immediate effect of accidental awakening is abnormal behaviour, one may start to act as insane, or a saint or a realized person until the power descents (it not only ascents, but also descents).
The practitioner might fall ill and have sleeplessness for some days (when the incidental awakening is done with so much of caution, care and preparation, just imagine how accidental awakening would be.)

Symptoms on accidental awakening differ, and depend on from which chakra it is awakened, and through which chakra it is passed through.
Accidental awakening cannot be systematic, thus the practitioner will not be able to share his experience systematically.

One thing is sure, whether it is accidental or incidental; the awakened energy is one, the practitioner experiences ecstasy, but not sure how others take it.
Whether you take a dip in Ganges or slip into Ganges doesn’t make a difference, your sins are washed off, dipping is done with caution and preparation, but slipping may end up in drowning.

But some exceptional cases happen with really brave people, if you think you had a very systematic experience on accident, please do fully share it. Please share it with love, we aren’t strangers...

I have not learned Kundalini awakening as a science by itself, only incorporated this as part of the Sadhana I have been practicing. Love:)

sky95
09 April 2011, 06:21 PM
I just wanted to share my experience with kundalini, if it even is that, i'm not totally sure. It started with me trying to do tummo(generating natural body heat) meditation after I read about it. All I was doing was rapidly breathing deeply. To my amazement, my body was actually becoming warmer. I began to perspire a bit and burst out laughing uncontrollably and then just sat in a blissful state for a short while.

When I try do this nowadays, it is not the same as the first time. I start off the same way, by breathing deep and picking up the pace. My palms quickly become warm, and my hands and feet began buzzing and become extremely itchy. I begin to sweat from my armpits. The warmth is there for a short while, but I can't really feel it anymore as this buzzing begins to rise throughout my entire body until it reaches my head and i'm feeling quite numb. Unfortunately, I am always forced to stop when by body becomes numb and my limbs are bent in very painful positions.

Friend from the West
15 April 2011, 08:11 PM
Namaste sir, regarding the post on Kundalini energy you stated, "I've also heard there is a certain magnetism to the word, and concept which attracts people who are not ready and it can lead to problems."

If you do not mind, please expound on this. Did not think I have anything to worry about but I do not know what I do not know.

Peace.
Rich

Eastern Mind
22 April 2011, 03:38 PM
Vannakkam friend: Kundalini experiences are way up there somewhere. For average Joe, its meaningless, although some teachers have been known to use the word as a 'cool' word. There are some great pretenders. It is an ego thing to go around spouting off "I was in the ajna chakra today," and the like. Any real yogi wouldn't be spouting off.

There are 7 chakras above the muladhara (including the muladhara) and 7 below. Lord Ganesha is said to sit on the muladhara. So dharma is there in the muladhara. It is the place that includes the gateway from adharma to dharma.

As others have said, it is true that the kundalini may have momentary rises, but this is in no way stable, or even to be sought after. What we seek in sadhana is sanity, stability, and self-control. Things like anger management, some will, a steady job, tact, sexual purity (abstinence before marriage, within the marriage after marriage) are all prerequisites to any genuine kundalini.

From what I have been told, I understand that the intensity of such experiences can be quite rattling to the uninitiated as there are nerve currents etc. let loose. This is why some would consider it dangerous. Not that its really dangerous, but its certainly not the final goal, but more a natural process once stability has been reached on the yogic path. Many sects and sampradayas view renunciation and celibacy as pre-requisite.

Bottom line is not to worry about it.

Aum Namasivaya

Friend from the West
22 April 2011, 06:41 PM
Namaste Eartern Mind,
Thanks for expounding on your previous comments. Your knowing response is most reassuring. Appreciate it.
Peace.
Rich

Mana
25 May 2011, 12:18 AM

How we experience this depends entirely on situation, timing and above all eles Karma. Depending on how well you have learnt to practise Raja yoga, how much it has become a part of you, you will have a greater or lesser ability to channel this creative force and not be destroyed by it. Kundalini energy will magnify who you are at that time. If you are in a predominantly Tamasic state this can leave you in a very dangerous place indeed any tendency to delusion will take on the scariest proportions and create within you vrittis of a power that few could recover from.

We all have Kundalini energy at all times, it is just sleeping however it is my belief that en our every day lives the serpent may open an eye or just wriggle from time to time.

What does this feel like? You know the saying somebody just walked on my grave? When you get a slight shiver up the spine?
It is related to orgasm which is its self (in man) a short circuit of this system. Restraining from sex and orgasme will greatly increase your awareness of this driving force which lays within you.

Awareness is a key point here as it is only when we become aware that something is there that we can say that we feel it, it may however have been there all along controlling our actions!

Aum Shantih.

Iain

cmorel02
26 May 2011, 07:44 AM
I have heard bad press about kundalini, though...I'm not saying it's bad or anything, but people make it bad...

Mana
26 May 2011, 12:51 PM
Dear Lucrosus,You seem to be serious about what you talk. Very good!

Kundalini is an ecstasy, a state of elated bliss. It tastes as venom for a Bhogi and nectar for a Yogi.

It (the energy) is usually awakened systematically (step by step, time taken depends on the capacity of the practitioner) with the help of a master.

It is also unknowingly awakened through the practice of bhakti (self surrender) and mantra mediation. Partial awakening takes place in the both cases, but definitely this awakening pours knowledge and vital energy over the practitioner and helps to progress towards the ultimate goal, the complete awakening.

Before the awakening of kundalini, the channel through which kundalini passes is cleared by awakening the pranic forces, which is at times misunderstood as the awakening of kundalini itself.

Immediate effect of accidental awakening is abnormal behaviour, one may start to act as insane, or a saint or a realized person until the power descents (it not only ascents, but also descents).
The practitioner might fall ill and have sleeplessness for some days (when the incidental awakening is done with so much of caution, care and preparation, just imagine how accidental awakening would be.)

Symptoms on accidental awakening differ, and depend on from which chakra it is awakened, and through which chakra it is passed through.
Accidental awakening cannot be systematic, thus the practitioner will not be able to share his experience systematically.

One thing is sure, whether it is accidental or incidental; the awakened energy is one, the practitioner experiences ecstasy, but not sure how others take it.
Whether you take a dip in Ganges or slip into Ganges doesn’t make a difference, your sins are washed off, dipping is done with caution and preparation, but slipping may end up in drowning.

But some exceptional cases happen with really brave people, if you think you had a very systematic experience on accident, please do fully share it. Please share it with love, we aren’t strangers...

I have not learned Kundalini awakening as a science by itself, only incorporated this as part of the Sadhana I have been practicing. Love:)

Thankyou Brahman for your kind words.

My experiances with Kundalini are what has brought me to this site and to you kind people. I did not know the word kundalini up till about a year ago when I chanced upon a magnificent paper by Swami Sivananda on the subject.

My first experiance was at the age of 19 (17 years ago) when the Kundalini rose in me. The nature of religion or spirituality was very much revealed to me in my minds eye, being of a scientific background this was most strange to me. Part of my thought prosses leading up to this had been of quantum physics and the nature of the universe. I was none the less looking for an "expansion of my understanding". I vividly recall requesting spiritual aid and expressing my desire for renunciation as I was taken to a mental hospital and given the pharmaceutical equivalent to a hammer. My vision of infinity was swifty removed leaving an enormous hole which was then filled by creping depression.

To cut a very long story short I have spent the last 17 years travelling and working to understand what had happened back then, always refusing medication and refusing any notion that I was ill. I had consequent risings of this energy which always lead me to a large change in direction of life, in many ways this energy has guided me. I have learnt to avoid its rising.

The past years events have brought me an enormous understanding as many of the things long forgotten from the initial and greatest rising have been brought back to me. Whilst reading Swami Sivananda Paper on Kundalini she rose in me as I read. I became quite elated this time how ever I was able to sleep.

When I read the Bhagavad Gita it is a reminder to me of my initial revelation I feel less alone that the vision which was revealed to me has already been described. A true comfort and guidance to me when my own society's godless doctrine proclaim only that I am ill.

I returned to see A French Psychiatrist whilst this was recurring whilst the Kundalini was risen. Having been previously diagnosed as "Manic Depressive" back in England all those years ago. This doctor said that I had the "symptoms without the pathology".

I replied that I was simply forming a spiritual belief and ridding myself of doubt.

I can not over state my relief to finally find some sanity on a subjest which in my mind is the single most important factor in human social evolution.

Phew, I'm not very good at writing and its such a lot to explain I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you. It is something that I have nobody with whom I can easily communicate this.

To me this experience is a calling to a spiritual life and by no means a goal or an end.

Aum Siva

Iain

Onkara
11 June 2011, 03:17 AM
Aum Siva

Iain

Namasté
I am of the opinion that all events and experiences are natural and ultimately good. Negative thoughts and feelings steer us back onto a better path, if only we can find the energy to take up that better path.

Clearly, I mean a better path of unconditional love, happiness and a a sense of value in life (with the divine).

I enjoyed the posts above. I have no experience to report of Kundalini energy. I encountered the idea early on that unnatural breathing techniques can be dangerous, so my desire was quashed.

Ekoham
18 July 2011, 12:18 PM

Kundalini is an ecstasy, a state of elated bliss. It tastes as venom for a Bhogi and nectar for a Yogi.......

Immediate effect of accidental awakening is abnormal behaviour, one may start to act as insane, or a saint or a realized person until the power descents (it not only ascents, but also descents).....

Namaste Brahman,

Good to know you practice kundalini meditation, me too, small experience in the field. As you mentioned above "it not only ascents, but also descents" I would love to hear more on descent of Kundalini, can it be done or it happens automatically?
You said "I have not learned Kundalini awakening as a science by itself, only incorporated this as part of the Sadhana I have been practicing" I believe you meant you were initiated into kundalini meditation by a Guru?
Kindly share some more wisdom of yours if possible on this Kundalini awakening.

Thankyou Brahman for your kind words.

My experiances with Kundalini are what has brought me to this site and to you kind people. I did not know the word kundalini up till about a year ago when I chanced upon a magnificent paper by Swami Sivananda on the subject.........

I can not over state my relief to finally find some sanity on a subjest which in my mind is the single most important factor in human social evolution.

Phew, I'm not very good at writing and its such a lot to explain I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you. It is something that I have nobody with whom I can easily communicate this.

To me this experience is a calling to a spiritual life and by no means a goal or an end.

Aum Siva

Iain

Namaste Mana,

If you have a doubt in Kundalini practice I may help, just PM me, but my sincere advice would be to get yourself initiated into kundalini meditation, if you need help in that regard just let me know.

Pranam

Ekoham

kannada
21 September 2011, 07:22 AM
Hi Folks,

Kundalini is a pranic force. It is an energy that sometimes moves slowly or at other times can rush, or move quickly like a tempest throughout the body. If one were to try to hold the positive sides of two magnets together and feel the energy of the repulsion then one might get a sort of an idea of what it might feel like. It is prana concentrated from one single point. If anyone has had an out of body experience, one may feel the prana from the experience but this prana is diffused, the prana of kundalini is concentrated from one single point.

There are many who play with this force to their detriment. There are many complaints from un-wise people who attempt to rouse kundalini without knowing what they are doing. Kundalini is a fire sign and those who play with it are playing with fire. The kundalini is a blind energy that needs to be directed with either the close guidance of a hatha yoga master or preferably by shaktipat-diksha. The student should never try to raise it on their own, if they do they are asking for trouble.

Regards
k

FutureHumanDestiny
31 December 2011, 05:01 PM
kundalini is a visceral feelilng i.e. you feel it especially in you abdomen. literally, it feels like a snake coiling upwards through your body, displacing your organs.

a large snake, like a large boa constrictor almost the size of a pepsi can.

check out my video for a more detailed description.

Adhvagat
02 January 2012, 08:03 AM
kundalini is a visceral feelilng i.e. you feel it especially in you abdomen. literally, it feels like a snake coiling upwards through your body, displacing your organs.

That sounds almost like eating too much pizza.

sm78
02 January 2012, 08:52 AM
so i thought, I have had this abdomen crunching snake coiling vortex movement down to my a** before... but then I saw it has to be in upward direction. sigh!

FutureHumanDestiny
02 January 2012, 10:44 AM

except anyone can eat pizza.

millions of people over the last 70 years have tried to raise kundalini, and have failed.

Eastern Mind
02 January 2012, 01:27 PM

Vannakkam FHD: Welcome to these forums. So with your view, is kundalini within the context of Hinduism, or does it transcend Hinduism?

Aum Namasivaya

Moonlight
02 January 2012, 01:56 PM
When I have a relization on something cool I get the shivers going up my spine to my head. Don't know if that counts as anything lol

I also do astral projection which gives the body a vibration feeling which goes to the head and your out of body. Would that class as Kundalini plus entering your inner mind?

FutureHumanDestiny
02 January 2012, 02:10 PM
Vannakkam FHD: Welcome to these forums. So with your view, is kundalini within the contest of Hinduism, or does it transcend Hinduism?

Aum Namasivaya

excellent question.

in my experience, hinduism is a particularly great venue for self realization. but the vehicle for self realization in you.

kundalini is our birthright, or it ought to be, regardless of our religious/spiritual/familiar inclinations.

so my answer is yes, to both.

on a more detailed note, hinduism does appear to have the most specific methods for raising kundalini out of all of the worlds traditions, making it my preference.

does that answer your questions?

-dale

FutureHumanDestiny
02 January 2012, 02:14 PM
When I have a relization on something cool I get the shivers going up my spine to my head. Don't know if that counts as anything lol

I also do astral projection which gives the body a vibration feeling which goes to the head and your out of body. Would that class as Kundalini plus entering your inner mind?

build a relationship with that energy and in the future, once you raise kundalini, it will pay dividends.

in a.p., the vibrations are due to prana flow. different from kundalini. i detail this in my how to raise kundalini video.

-dale

FutureHumanDestiny
02 January 2012, 10:01 PM
deleted

Guiding Thoughts
26 November 2012, 12:33 AM
kundalini - can only be experienced and explained by true spiritual masters, like Ramkrishna Paramhansa, Swami Vivekananda, Shriram Sharma Acharya.

we have an article on our blog that is an excerpt from Swami Vivekananda's speech, explaining Kundalini......pls click on the link below to read:

http://guidingthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/11/swami-vivekananda-on-meditation-subject.html

Best regards
guidingthoughts.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/guidingthoughts?ref=stream

yajvan
26 November 2012, 11:11 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

kundalini - can only be experienced and explained by true spiritual masters, like Ramkrishna Paramhansa, Swami Vivekananda, Shriram Sharma Acharya.

I have a different view on this matter.

If one is considering the more esoteric (rahasya¹) view of kuṇḍlinī i.e. the awakening of cosmic energy in full force within the aspirant, then I must agree. Yet to miss kuṇḍlinī within the currents/energy of prāṇa, vīrya, etc. would be a mistake.

If we looked to abhinavagupa-ji (author of the tantrāloka) he would perhaps view kuṇḍlinī in a few ways:

pūrnākuṇḍlinī - that energy that is non-distinct from śiva ( fullness or pūrṇā)
śaktipāt - that energy arising via initiation
ūrdhvakuṇḍlinī - ascending energy - this can be in initiation or other uplifting (ūrdhva) experiences e.g. love, expansion of awareness, directed-focused attention, etc.
prāṇakuṇḍlinī - energy of the breath ( which many call out as 3 or 5 )
saṃvid-śakti - conscious power, awarenessThis whole universe is filled with kuṇḍlinī = śakti = devī. We too are filled with this, the energy found in sight, taste, touch, smell, awareness, etc. And we are told in kaśmir śaivism that śiva is non different then śakti: na hi śaktiḥ śivād bhedam āmarśayet or śakti never considers Herself non-different from śiva¹.
But why is this ? It is becasue the Supreme is ever intent on creativity¹ (visargaparama) and this occurs via His śakti ( non different then Him).

praṇām

words

rahasya - a secret , any secret doctrine or mystery; esoteric teaching
we find this stated in the parātrīśikā vivaraṇa following the 1st śloka, where devī asks her first question to śiva
creativity - called out in the trikahṛdaya which is referenced in the parātrīśikā vivaraṇa.

Arjunesh
11 December 2012, 08:49 AM
Does anyone belief in -Sri Mataji who said she awakes every Kundalini just by looking at her picture during meditation.

Necromancer
05 January 2013, 04:16 AM
I don't know much at all, but when I was studying up about what the Kundalini experience actually 'feels' like, came from the man right here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopi_Krishna_(yogi)

There was also references to it in Autobiography of a Yogi by Swami Yogananda.

If Lord Shiva wills it, it will happen by itself when the time is right.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Necromancer
22 January 2013, 04:11 AM
.....then, one feels a build up of spiritual energy and they release it in the wrong way or by doing wrong postures and breathing too hard during Pranayama...forgetting to surrender...forgetting to 'take it slow'...

All of a sudden, one climaxes into a searing hot migraine followed by a low-grade temperature with whole body shivering and numbness everywhere...everything looks like you're seeing it from underwater, totally moving by itself and you can't keep anything down, laying in a pool of your own sweat generated by your spine and hoping ice-packs gonna work...the one on top of my head melted in like 10 minutes.

This feels awful, but it's not the first time. I'll just lay on my right side and stay there, trying not to move. Not gonna do 'that' again anytime soon.

Bindu *
22 January 2013, 09:29 AM
śaktipāt - that energy arising via initiation

After Shaktipat diksha the kundalini energy may be felt in the body/mind as an inner force that makes the body doing spontaneous bandhas, mudras and pranayamas, kumbakhas (hatha yoga movements) as to make the energy rise further removing blocks in the different bodies.

Or it can be felt as spontaneous withdrawal of focus inward (stillness).

Rushes in the spine.

Shakings of the body.

The kundalini Shakti is a sacred most intelligent energy doing it's work.