PDA

View Full Version : A new statement, which category do u think it may fall in to? adv? v.adv? dv? paradv?

upsydownyupsy mv ss
30 March 2010, 11:59 AM
God exists as everything, even as the soul, but the soul doesn't exist as god (i.e, God is me, but I am not god at present). Dya say its advaitha? v.advaitha? dvaitha? paradvaitha? I dunno, I just came across this statement as the possibility for advaitha.

smaranam
01 April 2010, 03:09 PM
Namaste

I don't know Para-advaita.

Looks like Achintya-bheda-abheda to me on the surface - but we have to be careful while interpreting "soul doesn't exist as God".

Dvaita would say that - "soul is not God" , but it does not say "God is everything" - as i understand.
All others include some degree of oneness to make 'soul' Divine enough.

Achintya bheda-abheda is 'simultaneous oneness and difference' : Souls are parts and parcels of God, but not quite God in quantity, only in quality. So again this does not fit your sentence perfectly either - since they are God in quality.

KrshNa, Purushottam, is everything there is, yet everything is not KrshNa exactly, but His energy.

In the Bhagavad Gita Krshna says -
By Me, in My unmanifested form, this entire universe is pervaded. All beings are in Me, but I am not in them.. BG 9.4
This thread discusses it : http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1125

Matter = jad (aparA) prakrti and
jiva = soul = His parA prakrti i.e. higher energy.

Prakrti = Nature, is His energy hence Shakti.

----------

That being said , it fits all of the philosophies on your list acc. to me, they don't differ that much.

Advaita also says all is Brahman, and souls really are only a relative concept. On the absolute plane there are no souls.