PDA

View Full Version : must read-> comment on shiva beheading Ganesh. Hmm.... A guy asked this question, and

upsydownyupsy mv ss
31 March 2010, 09:50 AM
Many shaivas on youtube tried telling him, but he gives the following statement, someone plz disprove him.

Betelgeuse3000 (http://www.youtube.com/user/Betelgeuse3000) at youtube said on looking at lord shiva promo: Look I completely understand that there may be an underlying message in this metaphorical story but you missed my point. It's the brutal and sickening manner in WHICH this point is conveyed that I question. Couldn't the enlightened authors come up with better?

In the myth Ganesh was clearly not at fault for obeying his mother's wishes and not taking a stranger at his word. His reward for obedience and vigil? DECAPITATION. Worse yet in this day and age you somehow celebrate this horrendous act. 1 year ago

NayaSurya
10 April 2010, 07:49 AM
There are several forms of this story One in Siva Purana has beloved Siva cutting off the head.

The story of Shani, Surya's son. Shani looks upon the child and the head is severed. Beloved Shani not want this to happen, it was unfortunate they did not understand his nature...that it would happen. Just that he resist looking shows how kind and loving Shani is.

Another interpretation that this heart goes to in this lifetime is discussed in the Purana for Ganesha...the Mudgala.

Ganesh whole image represent the highest reality. tat tvam asi

The head of a human the head of a man, shows it does not matter the outter crude vessel...what matters is inside.

There are many stories of this all told from different sides. Perhaps this is just as the names of the beloved Gods. Each stream, each answer is chosen by differently alligned souls to help them.

Each vessel is like a thick veil...a Soul uses vessel to communicate in this realm. Using your vessel to speak is like speaking through a translator who doesn't say exactly what the soul wants...but decides based on it's own influences.

The vessel is influenced by violence, anger...jealousy..love, kindness...all things. When you go to speak from it...your words are shaped by this translator.

One who focus soley on the violence of a story would be simply unable to see through the violent nature of their own vessel. It's not possible to help them overcome this easily. It is like teaching the blind what the color purple is like. Very difficult.

Each story is a stream on the journey of realization...we select the story we are able to understand through this gross physical existence.

The opinions expressed in this post are that of a dog and are unworthy to be considered, but if you did...*hugs*

smaranam
15 April 2010, 02:09 PM
Shri GaNeshaya Namah

Another layer / aspect of the GajAnan Truth :

Appearantly , as Shri Hari (VishNu) explains, GaNesh is omkAr, and Naad Brahman. He was born as the ahat nAd, which was not complete or appropriate for the Universe, so He (His head) had to be destroyed and 'reconstructed' - i.e. the new elephant head, to give rise to anahat nAd.
Then GajAnan was all set since anahat nAd is what was the right thing required.

This is appearantly from GaNesh PuraNa because this is how they showed it on a TV serial on Lord GaNesh. Now please note that i, this mind, have not read the GaNesh purAN.

Of course, then there is all the interpretation of elephant head == wisdom,
and ShunyatA had given a very insightful explanation on this thread (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39950&postcount=32).

upsydownyupsy mv ss
19 April 2010, 03:16 AM
Shri GaNeshaya Namah

Another layer / aspect of the GajAnan Truth :

Appearantly , as Shri Hari (VishNu) explains, GaNesh is omkAr, and Naad Brahman. He was born as the ahat nAd, which was not complete or appropriate for the Universe, so He (His head) had to be destroyed and 'reconstructed' - i.e. the new elephant head, to give rise to anahat nAd.
Then GajAnan was all set since anahat nAd is what was the right thing required.

This is appearantly from GaNesh PuraNa because this is how they showed it on a TV serial on Lord GaNesh. Now please note that i, this mind, have not read the GaNesh purAN.

Of course, then there is all the interpretation of elephant head == wisdom,
and ShunyatA had given a very insightful explanation on this thread (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39950&postcount=32).
what is ahat and anahat? soory about my ignorance.

smaranam
19 April 2010, 11:47 AM
Namaste upsydowny

ahat nAd = created/manifested sound that we hear physically, in nature (thunder, waves) , by banging two pots or musical instruments and vocals. That our gross senses can hear. Its the base of Indian Classical Music - swar, dhwani...

anahat nAd = eternal uncreated sound, that creates the Universe. The omkAr is the source (shabda , nAd Brahman) , that can be internally heard in meditation as various sounds - bells, kettledrums, flute, thunder etc. It is known sound, but not manifest outside. It is in the repository, and NAda Yoga is the technique to draw the mind inwards shutting out the world outside.

anahat nAd (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life/spirituality/speaking-tree/The-unstruck-sound-the-Anahata-Naad-/articleshow/5124255.cms)

On OmkAr and Nada Bindu (Upanishad) (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37349&postcount=18)

We have advanced meditators here who explain the Upanishads and their experiences with nAd :
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4327

---

KRshNa's flute notes represent the auspicious anahat nAd. It is this highest anahat nAd that the gopis get tuned to. This is the concept of KRshNa and Gopis. ITs the ahanat flute sound , that brings jiva to paramAtmA.

>>The deity who bestows the frequencies necessary for life on the earth, to acquire a specific state is Vasudeva (Atharvaveda). When ahat and anahat sound waves travel together with the same speed, their combined path is called Vasudeva (Samaveda). The state comprising the combination of sound and light is called Vasudeva. [Gandharvaveda - Sangitveda, a sub (upa) - Veda of the Samaveda]. <<

upsydownyupsy mv ss
19 April 2010, 12:12 PM
I have a doubt now.... Hmm... Is anahat nad the source of pyschic experiences???

smaranam
19 April 2010, 08:53 PM
I have a doubt now.... Hmm... Is anahat nad the source of pyschic experiences???

We can say that , since anahat nAd is the source of the Universe itself, hence of the psyche.

I think there are some blessed members here, advanced meditators, who can answer your qn very well. Especially if you read the two HDF threads in my last post.

First, - If 'psychic experiences' means 'spiritual experiences', that itself is a broad term. Clairvoyance and Clairaudience fall in the group of minor siddhis , but they are also quite advanced.

I can only say this. Any experience that we can put under spiritual , is given by the Ultimate Cause , sarva kAraNa kAraNam, the Supreme Brahman. Who lives with us within us and walks beside us. It is by the way of opening of our chakras and rising of Kundalini Devi. This is also caused by the Grace of the Divine - the Ultimate Cause.

The NAda Yoga takes a yogi inwards via the sound to the soundless and thus towards Brahman or the Turya state. This is my understanding. I am not a yogi or a jnAni :)

To me , any wonderful spiritual experience is KRshNa's unexpected undeserved gift , simply because of His infinite kindness.

We should not await experiences , but simply do the best for the Lord, follow His instructions the best we can, but not get disheartened in any case,
this is what guNateet is about (transcending the 3 modes of material nature) .
It is said that experiences are BhagavAn's gifts, but one should not get too attached to them (Asakti), as it means getting back into the 3 modes and stagnates one spiritually.

Namaste

smaranam
20 April 2010, 09:07 AM
Namaste upsydowny

The chakras are our psychic centres, and sound manifests at four levels - vaikhari (grossest) , madhyama, pashyanti and para (transcendental).

Here is some information in this area of interest.

http://www.yogameditation.com/articles/issues_of_bindu/bindu_10/nada_yoga

The Nada Yogis claim that the five elements, the five physical senses, the five subtle senses, the fourfold mind and the three gunas have developed from an eternal sound. That means that the material, the mental, the psychic and the intellectual universe have all originated from Nada-Brahma, the sound universe. It is the way the Nada Yogi experiences his/her reality. It manifests itself in the form of vibrations, of which the highest either does not vibrate at all or vibrates at such a high frequency that it lies outside the reach of human senses.

The eternal or original Nada vibration is the highest. When any object vibrates with an enormous and incredible speed, it then becomes silent. That means that the highest point of speed and vibration is silence. This eternal vibration seems to be the creative principle behind all matter.

The Upanishads (specially the Nada-Bindu-Upanishad and the Hansa-Upanishad) and the Vedas describe that in the beginning was nothing. There was absolutely nothing, there was non-existence in the universe – there was only sound. The sound was unending; the sound was the only existing reality. From that sound, the universe evolved, and therefore the fundamental structure of the universe is based on Nada or sound vibrations.

smaranam
20 April 2010, 12:59 PM
~~~~~

upsydownyupsy mv ss
24 April 2010, 02:00 AM
Well to tell you I have a book on kundalini, but I can't understand the head or tail of it due to complex words. I have had pyschic experiences of very very low level, which I can't explain. Once when I was meditating, I had a weird experience of violet light in utter pitch darkness, I had gained soo much during that time. I came to know of new things too.

smaranam
24 April 2010, 01:38 PM
Well to tell you I have a book on kundalini, but I can't understand the head or tail of it due to complex words. I have had pyschic experiences of very very low level, which I can't explain. Once when I was meditating, I had a weird experience of violet light in utter pitch darkness, I had gained soo much during that time. I came to know of new things too.

Very nice. May Lord Shiva continue to bless you on your journey. I read about your violet light of KrshNa and losing the I.

Don't worry about the Kundalini, just let yourself be. Although , the concept of Kundalini is not difficult. The details probably got you. She blesses, surprises, and gives gifts along the way. Since everything is Shiva and comes from Him, why worry about the intermediate explanation of things ? Like we said before, what matters is Him, sarva kAraNa kAranam - the cause of all causes.

Jai Shri KRshNa

smaranam
25 April 2010, 07:10 AM

Namaste

Just making sure... are we making the connection ?

This conversation began because I wrote :

KRshNa's flute notes represent the auspicious anahat nAd. It is this highest anahat nAd that the gopis get tuned to. This is the concept of KRshNa and Gopis. ITs the ahanat flute sound , that brings jiva to paramAtmA.

How is this related to nAda Yog and your qn ?

This anahat nAd [music from KRshNa's spiritual flute] acts as the MAGNET that attracts the jiva , nAda Yogi [Gopi] to paramAtmA [KRshNa] and keeps them attached.

The nAda Yogis meditate on omkAr - AUM and hear the anahat nAd
Gopis meditate on KRshNa and hear the anahat nAd of His Flute.

nAda Yogis get drawn inwards and further inwards and its the nAd that keeps them focused on paramAtmA taking them to the highest state.
Gopis claim that His Flute playing draws their feet to Him involuntarily , breaking social conventions, and reach the highest state.

So, rather than saying the nAd is the source of experiences (which at the macrocosmic level it is), the correct thing to say is that nAd is a magnet, vehicle, channel to the Supreme.

nAd does not give experience, paramAtmA does.

upsydownyupsy mv ss
23 June 2010, 12:04 PM
(Very very late reply:o) Yup, definitely connected!:)