PDA

View Full Version : Mantra of Lakshmi

Ashvati
06 April 2010, 11:03 AM
I have been looking for work for about 2 months now and although I know its not exactly the best thing to be praying for, I need to learn the mantra of Lakshmi to pray for her aid. I have less work experience than I should have at this stage in my life, and am afraid of being locked into living with my parents for the rest of my life due to the increasing difficulty in getting work in my situation. Can anyone help by posting a mantra dedicated to lakshmi for me to recite in the morning and before going to bed?

Eastern Mind
06 April 2010, 08:48 PM
Ashvati:

I know that prayer is very personal, and the methods would vary. My feeling is that generally a direct prayer like what you mention may not work. God does not let you win lotteries for instance. It would be illusion to think so. Lord Ganesha is also a benevolent being for these kinds of prayers. Personally, I feel it is better to proceed for clarity of mind as to how one proceed in the path for this life. In the mental wording itself, try to be a as clear as you can. It may even help to write it down on a piece of paper before going to temple. Then you can mentally state what it is you need. Purchasing an archana and setting aside a time just for that one experience (the prayer) certainly wouldn't hurt either. Many people, as they don't actually believe in the mystical presence or power of God, wouldn't see it this way. Obviously I do, since some of my prayers get answered. Ask as if you were asking your elder brother or your father for a dear favor. See Him (or Her) as that personal.

As far as a job goes, just be incredibly persistent. Ask God for more will. When I graduated in 1975 (B.Ed) , I sent out exactly 50 resumes to Boards of Education. From those I got 3 interviews. From there I managed to secure a job. Most of the older folks on here can relate. Its not easy, but it's an overused cliche, but persistence does pay off.

Aum Namasivaya

Hiwaunis
06 April 2010, 09:25 PM
I have been looking for work for about 2 months now and although I know its not exactly the best thing to be praying for, I need to learn the mantra of Lakshmi to pray for her aid. I have less work experience than I should have at this stage in my life, and am afraid of being locked into living with my parents for the rest of my life due to the increasing difficulty in getting work in my situation. Can anyone help by posting a mantra dedicated to lakshmi for me to recite in the morning and before going to bed?
Pranam,
Here you go:

To Goddess Lakshmi, for increasing wealth, luxuries, promotion, status.
Aum Mahalakshmaye Vidmahe
Vishnupriyaye Dhimahi
Tanno Lakshmih Prachodayat

Another similar Gayatri for Lakshmi is:
Om Mahalakshmyai cha vidmahe
Vishnu patnyai cha dhimahi
Tanno Lakshmihi prachodayat
Translation: “Om. Let us meditate on the Great Goddess Sri Lakshmi, the consort of Sri Maha Vishnu. May that effulgent Maha Lakshmi Devi inspire and illumine our mind and understanding.”

Another traditional mantra is:

Om sreem hreem kleem kamale kamalalaye prasida prasida sreem hreem kleem sri maha lakshmyi namaha.

From what I have read you have to chant one of these mantras 125,000 times. If you are serious you should get started now. But remember Mother Laxmi is a Goddess of action. Therefore, you should follow EM's advice. Your Laxmi will come once your karmic accounts are low enough. It's only then will she remove her veil.

Good Luck!

Namaste,

Ashvati
06 April 2010, 09:48 PM
I'll have to get to work on memorising that mantra and keep it up as far as searching and applying. Thank you both.

shian
06 April 2010, 11:23 PM
Om Mahalaksmiyai Namah

listen this :

Mahalaksmi Moll Mantra and Gayatri :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTxpVDN-5X0

Mahalaksmi ashtakam :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR3fwyNGR9A

Mahalaksmi asthakam is short verse with deep meaning, i like this.

Mahalakshmi ashtakam

Mahalakshmi, who is the consort of Vishnu is worshipped as goddess of wealth. In the beginning of creation she took form from the left side of Vishnu and was later born again from the sea of milk, when the devas churned it for getting nectar. She resides on the chest of Maha Vishnu as “Sri Vatsa”.It was she who took birth as Seetha and Rukmani.This very simple prayer is very ancient and has been chanted by generations for solving all their problems.

Namosthesthu Maha Maye,
Sree peede, sura poojithe,
Sanka, chakra, Gadha hasthe,
Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 1

Salutations and salutations to Goddess Mahalakshmi*,

Who is the great enchantress,

Who lives in riches,

Who is worshipped by Gods,

And who has conch, wheel and mace in her hands.

Namasthe garudarude,
Kolasura bhayam kari,
Sarva papa hare, devi,
Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 2

Salutations and salutations to Goddess Mahalakshmi.

Who rides on an eagle,

Who created fear to Kolasura,

And is the goddess who can destroy all sins

Sarvagne Sarva varadhe,
Sarva dushta Bhayam karee,
Sarva dukha hare, devi,
Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 3

Who knows everything,

Who can grant any thing,

Who appears fearsome to bad people,

And is the goddess who can destroy all sorrows.

Sidhi budhi pradhe devi,
Bhakthi mukthi pradayinee,
Manthra moorthe, sada devi,
Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 4

Salutations and salutations to Goddess Mahalakshmi,

Who grants intelligence and occult powers,

Who grants devotion to God and salvation,

Who can be personified by holy chants,

And who is Goddess for ever.

Adhyantha rahithe, devi,
Adhi Shakthi maheswari,
Yogaje yoga sambhoothe,
Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 5

Who neither has an end nor beginning,

Who is the primeval power,

Who is the greates Goddess,

Who is born out of hard penance,

And who can be personified by meditation.

Sthoola Sukshma maha roudhre,
Maha Shakthi Maho dhare,
Maha papa hare devi,
Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 6

Who is micro and also gross,

Who is most fearsome,

Who is the greatest strength,

Who within her holds the worlds,

And is the Goddess who can destroy sins.

Padmasana sthithe, devi,
Para brahma swaroopini,
Para mesi, jagan matha,
Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 7

Who is the goddess who has the seat of Lotus,

Who is the personification of the ultimate truth,

Who is Goddess of all,

And who is the mother of all the worlds.

Swethambara dhare, devi,
Nanalankara bhooshithe,
Jagat sthithe, jagan matha,
Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 8

Who wears white cloth,

Who wears variety of ornaments,

Who is everywhere in the world,

And who is the mother of all the worlds.

Maha lakmyashtakam stotram,
Ya padeth Bhakthiman nara,
Sarva sidhi mavapnothi,
Rajyam prapnothi sarvadha.

Those men who read this octet praising Mahalakshmi,

With devotion and discipline,

Would make all powers as his own,,

And also would attain the kingdom for ever.

also must be know, Mother Laksmi like clean and dilligent (its mean you must like to keep clean your body - speech - mind, take a bath, clean your room, and you must become dilligent), also when you cahnting this according to the tantra teachings, you must chant with joyfull mind (its mean you very conffident because you know about Mother Mahalaksmi and She will bless you)

so when we chant Her mantra, dont let anger - sad - despair appear in your mind. Put only a joyfull to Mother's love.

shian
06 April 2010, 11:34 PM
Did you know ? Japan peoples also is a devottee of Mother Mahalaskmi, Mahasridevi was very popular in japan.

from India --- China --- Japan and Korea

but most popular in Japan

Kanji : 吉祥天女
Japan : Kichijoten
Chinesse : Jixiang Tiannv
Sanskrit : 吉祥 (Sri) 天女 (Devi)

Kichijōten 吉祥天, Kichijō Tennyo (http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/karyoubinga.html) 吉祥天女, Kudokuten 功徳天
Goddess of Beauty, Luck, Prosperity, and Merit
ORIGIN = HINDU MYTHOLOGY
Sanskrit = Śrī-Mahadevi, Mahāśrī, Mahasri, Lakṣmī, Laksmi
Chn. = Jíxiáng Tiān; Korean = Gilsang Cheon 길상천

In the Jimon 寺門 branch of Tendai 天台 Buddhism, Kichijōten is equated
with Myōken (http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/kichijouten.html#myoken) 妙見, the deification of the Northern Pole Star & Big Dipper.

Kichijōten 吉祥天. Also spelled Kichijoten; also read Kisshōten, Kisshoten. Wife of Vishnu (http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/before-buddhism-hindu.html#visnu) (Viṣṇu) in Hindu myths (http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/before-buddhism-hindu.html); wife or sister of Bishamonten (http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/bishamonten.shtml) in Buddhist myths. In Japan she is the goddess of fortune, luck, beauty, and merit; among some Japanese sects she was the central devotional deity, given individual status as an object of Buddhist worship, but since the 15th / 16th century, her imagery & attributes have been largely supplanted by the Goddess Benzaiten (http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/benzaiten.shtml) (Sarasvati). Among existing sculpture & artwork, she is sometimes shown wearing a tiara containing an image of the phoenix. (http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/ho-oo-phoenix.shtml) (Note: Must still confirm this phoenix (http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/ho-oo-phoenix.shtml) entry.)

This is Her form in Japan

http://www.dcshl.cn/files/pic/2007691890.jpg

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/jigsawclub/cabinet/shohin_0007/ap1000-411.jpg

http://rimaroom.img.jugem.jp/20080414_301751.jpg

Note :

In Tibetan Higest Tantra practice, SHE was consort of Kalacakra Vajra.

Shakti of Lord of the Whell Of Time

MahaHrada
07 April 2010, 10:07 AM
D
In Tibetan Higest Tantra practice, SHE was consort of Kalacakra

This is wrong, Vishvamata is consort of Kalachakra, this means mother of the universe and all devis are called with that name in Hindu Tantra, not only Lakshmi.

The Kalachakra Buddha is depicted while he tramples and tries to destroy and subjugate Rudra (Shiva) and Kamadeva and their consorts with his feet because they are considered as the evil Mara (sort of buddhist devil) and symbolise impurities in the buddhist highest yoga tantra system

The so called highest yoga tantra of vajrayana contains a lot of symbology, prayogas and teachings directed against hindu dharma.

The hindu deity called Kala or Mahakala or Kala bhairava or simply Bhairava, a form of Shiva, is the embodiment of time, so it is rather Kali, or Bhairavi that is the Lady of Time than Laxmi.

Regarding Lakshmi Mantras generally it is not advisable to use mantras that contain Bijas, i.e. single Syllables, or strings of Bijas, without the personal guidance of an experienced Practicioner or Guru.

shian
08 April 2010, 01:28 AM
Maharada, thnak you for your correction .

But in differents lineage have different teaching about who is Vishvamata originally.

About Shiva in foot of Kalacakra , if this is to against Hindu., that is wrong!

But many of images everyone is have right how to explain the message of the image.

Before you said that is to against Hindu, you must think about this :

1. See what happen in Hindu purana etc.
See what happen in the story of deitys. Which deitys is higer?
What happened with the conliflict of all sect ?
Many conflict is only about who is the higer Deitys according to the text.
and from age to age, this conflict is never ending.

And we will continued this conflict again now????

The Lila of Deitys in many text is only a "way" to teach. That is not a "things" to make beings slander each others.

2. See who is Shiva according to the Buddhist Canon (Tripitaka)
Shiva is also a mara
but in the Buddhist canon, Shiva also High realm Bodhisattva, the manifestasion of ancient Buddha !

and ,

Buddhist teaching said, Higest Mara is manifestasion of High Bhumi of Bodhisattva. He have great vow, and use His own way to teaching beings!

3. I agree with you about Mahalaksmi Mantra, off course is better if you can learn from Guru!

4. But if you want to chant and sing Mahalaksmiashtakam, that is a universal practice, no need any initiation, and that is so effective to get the blessing.

or you can only chant Laksmi nama

Maharada, i believe you have many knowledge about text

but if you read text in view of conflict of sect.
like : XXX sect made this Deitys or text to against XXreligion etc...

i tell you, what you learn is only will stuck in worldy conflict.

that is only about samsara.

like a conflict, my God is original, your God is false, oh this is a topic until a thousand years ago, you not fell boring to continue that ?

shian
08 April 2010, 01:49 AM
Hey,

I remember one fact :

1. Arya Nagarjuna have offer a flower in front of Shiva statue

2. One of Buddhist Great Yogi , He is get empowrment and teachings from Shiva and Uma.

3. Shiva has also have a "special" position in Hindu,
why i said "special"
because said He is Mahadeva, also said He is lord of Ganas who gave us obstacle in wordly and spiritual life.
Sometimes He become a bhakta of other Deitys
sometimes He in the foot of Kali

4. Narayana , Mahasridevi, Vasudeva, Mahesvara have important position in Garbhadhatu Mandala.
Narayana - Mahasri - Mahakali - Sarasvati - Ganesh - also very important Deitys in Buddhist and have many bhakta in Buddhist.

dont see Buddhist is want Hindus become Buddhist.

But if we see in Hindu sect, same things are happened. This sect have superior theory better than others.

please try to see Buddhist is just like one sect of Hindu. You will find, what Buddhist do is not different with what kind of relation of many sect in Hindu.

and what happened in Hindus sect , for me is not about conflict, the different is about the different way to teachings different peoples, this is about God Grace.

But people with demonic mind will see from point of conflict. No God Grace there, there is the conflict of God.

MahaHrada
08 April 2010, 04:02 AM
Hi shian,
No in Hindu tantra we don´t have pictures and sadhanas that go against other religions or show other deities in pain, if one deity is shown supreme it simply sits on top of the other like on a throne , or is carried on his shoulders or sits on a grown lotus above the other.
I know it is against Hindu deities because i have had buddhist teachers who told me the diverse meaning from different lineages, i also have studied several Higher yoga tantras which contain a lot of abhicharika prayogas especially directed against other religions and there are some ugly details about how hindu deities are subjugated. If Buddhists especially those following higher yoga tantra, do not want to be stuck in worldly conflict or have a demonic mind, like you say, than they should remove these teachings and images out of their sect or at least explain them differently.
If Hindus see that budhhist protector mahakala, (whose image and name is copied from hindu tantras) is depicted trampling on Ganesha and Ganesha is shown full of pain this is shocking, especiall when one keeps in mind that in hindu religion Mahakala is a form of Shiva , Ganeshas father.The buddhist picture for worship of six armend Mahakala, shows the father trampling and causing pain to his own son. Can this be auspicous,or is there something wrong with that? On the one hand buddhist copy the deities from Hindu but then they make the copies fight the original? What kind of crazy sect or religion is this? Then they also worship Ganesha in another tantra, but they say the one that is trampled is the hindu Ganesha a demon and the other they worship is not the hindu Ganesha but a lookalike Buddha. Crazy or not?

shian
08 April 2010, 09:00 PM
Namaste Maharada

i fell your "pain" and i fell commiseration

i agree with you

but please, one lineage says is not mean other lineage is same like that.
Even in one lineage , have a many teacher, and this many teacher have many teaching ways.

I will not defend the people who explain that images like that (to you)

What my Guru said is :

Yes, Shiva is Hindu deity, yes Shiva is appear in foot of Kalacakra
or Ganesha in foot of Mahakala

but !

let we see, what is Shiva position in Buddhist canon. Like i said before.

So, my Guru explain me, the images is mean

Shiva is symbolic of Trilokanatha, and Kama is desire
The sadhana of Kalacakra is beyond Triloka

but it doesnt mean Shiva is only demi gods who stuck in samsara. If we see other text, that clearly explain Shiva is beyond samsara, but His form is "Trailokyanatha" is use for that

About Ganesha

Mahakala is can make us destroy the obstacles

and Ganesha symbol of Lord of obstacles

do you even read a text in Buddhist tantra who said Mahakala is form of : Avalokitesvara, Drdha Vajra, Vairocana, and than Shiva !

hei, dont lets the explain of that peoples, its make you fell the images of India phylosopy is make to against others

no

basicly in India phylosohic even text said this Deitys is subjugated by others, but we cant see that in view of Deitys' war!

Do you not know about this ?

That is all only symbol of our consciousness.

and that is not mean who against who.

because in another text is said Shiva and Ganesha have superior position !

also must think it : different age and different peoples need different way to teach.

we cannot see that half by half

India phyloshopy is very deep very very deep and need open heart to learn it

because , this is what i worry about, if someone learn India Phylosophic without opened heart, that become look like A WAR OF THE GODS !

my self is a proof for this

I have Buddhist lineage, but i am proud to be Hindu
I have vow to become a bhakta of Lord Ganesh
Dont ask me who is Shiva for me, and dont ask me who is Durga Mata for me.

I have one true story :

Our temple is near Microsoft office in Seattle, in that office many India peoples there.

Sometimes, some of them is enter our temple to pray,
My Guru is there, He welcome
Why many India peoples come ? because they see Ganesh there
but we let them pray, we never talk with them about
"you must refuge in Buddhism, Hindu is bla bla bla... " or whatever
we only welcome they pray

one day, one india man is come ,seat on wheelchair (he have get a fatal car accident)
He is pray to Ganesh.

someday he back to pray and said thank you to Lord Ganesh
after he pray he become harmony with wife
and
he can walk again
he dreame Lord Ganesh come with Taoist Mahadevi (Golden Mother - who the rupang is in main altar - our sect is also have Taosit teaching)
Golden Mother is illuminate on his foot
and Lord Ganesh was touch his foot.

Back to the topic,
Dont said about Hindu and Buddhist

we see what happened in Buddhist
some Theravadin is can life in peace with Vajrayana

but some of Theravadin slander Avalokitesvara

but some Mahayana is slander Theravada

some Vajrayana text have story about ancient Gurus is subjugate Theravadin,
but how come some Vajrayana text is said Vajrayana is cannot standing without Theravada teachings ?

what is the problem ?

the problem is in peoples attitude, what the view they use to understand the teachings, and what they teach to other peoples.

sometimes God must subjugate Hindu people , somtimes God must subjugate Buddhist people, sometimes God must subjugate Theravadin, sometimes God must subjugate Mahayana people, sometimes ... and for someone who have wrong side to understand the teachings.

how come i chant Kalackara and Mahakala mantra but i also chant Ganesh mantra and take Shiva and Uma as my Lord , without any doubt and any conflict???

but, after my explain,
if you still fell "I hate Buddhism"
ok, i receive your hate...
if this is can make you fell better

shian
08 April 2010, 09:29 PM
someone have facebook account ?
please send me your email in FB by private message

i wrote Shiva-Buddha in my religion
(Shiva - Buddha is sect form merge of Shaivism with Buddhism. That is happened in ancient Indonesia ) hehehehe

saidevo
08 April 2010, 10:06 PM
For an audio in mp3 format of the mahAlakShmyaShTakam, check:
http://www.skandagurunatha.org/deities/sakthi/audio/

For other LakShmI mantras check our Library.

MahaHrada
09 April 2010, 04:18 AM
Namaste Maharada

i
but, after my explain,
if you still fell "I hate Buddhism"
ok, i receive your hate...
if this is can make you fell better

Dont turn the world upside down. I don´t hate anybody, i only write about the hate of others. The easiest way to seem "higher" than another person is obviously to trample down humiliate, disrespect or denigrate the other instead of investing effort to improve ones own self or religion. When the other is kicked to the ground one is immediately with very little effort very "high" above the other.

Everybody worships Guru Padmasambhava who brought Buddhism to Tibet as a great saint of buddhist tantra , and the buddhist even praise him for having caused all priest and followers of the ancient Bon Religion of Tibet to be massacred and all places of worship to be destroyed because buddhist belive that the Bon religion was "evil", then a war and revolt followed but ultimately failed and the bon were forced to worship this saint also or be exterminated, nowadays the same what the tantrics did happened to them on behalf of the Maoist and using the very same argument they have used in the past against the swastika dharma of ancient Bon. Of course buddhist say that he was only "exorcising the demons". It is not only the symbols of "highest" yoga tantra, it is also one of the greatest Guru, that trample on other religions and suppress and ultimately order the killing of its followers if they did not submit and worship him, because of no other crime than to have a different belief, just like the Mullahs and the Maoist act.

Sacrifice to Murtis that show humilation of a civilised and peaceful religion, and saints that have ordered lakhs of other people to be killed just because they were belonging to another religion are good for nothing and nobody. And i am shure that this is just what Buddha would have written if he would be here now.

If your sect does try to get over this it is fine and i welcome this, but how many tantric buddhist think like this? maybe one out of 100.000 ? Unless that relation changes i will inform people about these facts, in the hope that the buddhist may reform their religion or that people reject murtis of deities that show hate towards others. For instance Buddhist could use a murti or picture or sadhana of the four armend Mahakala trampling on Mara restricting or giving up altogether the use of the six armend Mahakala who torturers Ganesha.
Of course there is not a single deity in "higher" or "highest" buddhist tantra that is not in one way or the other a copy of a hindu or vedic deity, but that is a completly different topic, and makes it even worse.
Imagine the buddhist Mahakala would be pictured to trample on prophet Mohammed, or Jesus Christ or mother Mary showing her in humilated position, with the foot on her breast, body flattened helplessly by the impact, her clothes torn and the jesus baby falling out of her hand, the whole world would be shocked, there would be so many demonstration and protest all over the world, and all sorts of Jihadi violence, because of that and do you really think the Dalai Lama would be invited by governments of christian countries or receive the peace nobel prize? But to trample on Shiva or to depict (Vajra)kumar stick an iron nail (kila) into the heart of his mother Parvati or depict Mahakala torture his son Ganesha, is apparently no problem at all, this is "higher" evolved buddhist mysticism and symbolic only.

And if i do so much as to politley inform others about these facts, without using any bad or denigrating word against Buddha or Buddhism, only objecting against crazy and denigrating depictions of hindu dharma and deities used in "higher" yoga tantra, for the good of all, buddhist and hindu, I am the one who is hateful? If i would hate Buddhism or buddhists i would just say nothing and let them go on using these sadhanas and sacrifices to these murtis, relax and enjoy watching them reap the bad fruits of that karma.

shian
09 April 2010, 09:04 PM
all is about "mind"

i dont say this deitys is wrong and other deitys is right.

But sure, i never get any confused and problem to chanting Kalacakra and Mahamahesvara together. And no any hate.

(Even Trailokya Vidyarajah who foot also have Mahesvara, This Trailokya also even appear as MARA when He need to save peoples in form of MARA)

the problem is, Buddhism Vajrayana also receive Mahamahesvara as Istadevata.

Can you said, Shiva is only for Shaivism.
Can you said, Narayana is only for Vaishnavas.
Devi is only for Shakta.
Ganesh is only for Ganapataya.

The theory about God killing evil was appear in every religion. I not need to talk here.

i dont mean and want you to receive Padmasambhava or whatever God forms in another country or culture.

because your mind is your world. That is your Padmasambhava, not my Padmasambhava.

The Kalacakra you said, is your Kalacakra, not my Kalacakra.

Mahamahesvara in foot of Kalacakra who you think He is subjugated by Him, is yours. Not my Mahamahesvara.
Coz My Mahamahesvara Shiva is never subjugated.

is all about mind.

about Dalai Lama, yes he is Vajrayana by lineage, but my lineage is no any relation with Dalai lama, and what Dalai Lama's politic carrier.

again, i said, India phyloshopy is very very deep and comlplex, must becarefull, if learn without pure heart, that is only THE WAR OF THE GODS

MahaHrada
10 April 2010, 04:22 AM
all is about "mind"

i dont say this deitys is wrong and other deitys is right. ..The theory about God killing evil was appear in every religion. I not need to talk here.

Everything is not about you personally, this time it is about Vajrayana Highest Yoga Tantra Tradition. And the obvious reason and of course what is taught by the masters, is that their deities and teachings are higher and Hinduism not only wrong but evil and impure and that therefore the gods are suppressed and due to this meditation the impurities in the nadis are burned away, thats why hindu gods are shown under feet.

Mahamahesvara in foot of Kalacakra who you think He is subjugated by Him, is yours.

No i am not talking about me and my opinion of Kalachakra at all, it is how the Kalachakra of the Vajrayana highest Yoga tantra tradition is shown in the pictures and murtis and how that is explained by the buddhist masters. This discussion is not about you or me , this is not facebook but a discussion forum. We discuss a topic here not a person.

because your mind is your world....is all about mind.
again, i said, India phyloshopy is very very deep and comlplex, must becarefull, if learn without pure heart, that is only THE WAR OF THE GODS

Indian philosophy is complex but the meaning of the trampled gods is quite simple at least if we belive the teaching of the most eminent teachers and Gurus of Vajrayana and the Tantras and their commentaries.

Yes it is all about mind thats why I am of the opinion that the worship and the keeping in the mind of tantric Buddhas that trample Hindu Gods under their feet cannot bring punya phala, no matter how much one twists the logic to make it seem acceptable. This worship obviously must lead to bad fruits. It is abhichara. If buddhist want to avoid this they must stop it. How else can you escape the results?

To get an impression of what i am talking about this is a picture of six armend mahakala trampling ganesha.

http://www.baronet4tibet.com/images/tangka_mandala/prints/mahakala-tserang-large1.jpg

shian
11 April 2010, 10:46 PM
Hi Maharada,

How come Ganesh have the head of Elephant ?

How come Shiva is under feet of Kali ? (this is many sect have different opinion)

You said Kama is in Kalacakra feet, even Shiva has burning Kama with His THIRD EYE. (of course i know this meaning , i not see it as the war of the gods)

Do you know when the Gods cursed each other ?

Do you know when Brahma have behead ?

Do you know what is the meaning of lotus feet ?

Do you know even in Buddhist history , even a rupang of Mahavairocana tathagata was asunder by one Buddhist yogi.

Do you know in Zen Buddhism also have "Buddha is mara"

so many secret teaching must be learn from Guru (also many Guru have diferrent opinion about one teachings), and that is not for public.

and

i have tell you many times...

you cannot see from that way,
because Shiva and Ganesh also have high position in Buddhism canon

Shiva and Ganesh is originally ancient Buddha (according to Buddhist text)

Buddha appear in Buddha's feet is have deep meaning.

But every sect is can have their own opinion of this.

What the way they use to understand this image.

Maharada, can you guarantee if every Hindu people (even in same sect) have same spiritual understanding about Shiva ?

that is why i said

what Shiva and Kalacakra you said about is not my Shiva and Kalacakra, that is yours!

what Ganesh and Mahakal you said about is not my Ganesh and Mahakal, that is yours!

That is the product of your mind !

you not understand this ?

if others tradition of Vajrayana have their own sepculation of the meaning of that kind image, is not my bussiness and that is not me.

So , SHIVA, KALACKARA, MAHAKAL , GANESH is not have any atribut can move them

the one who move and make any story is only the dancing of your MAYA.

ADI SANKARACARYA , He is the one i homage, and respect, even He have subjugating (in theory) some Buddhist.

why ?

because every peoples dont care what religion they are, is can have wrong way wo make them far away from union with God.

I even not have any mind confused and problem to singing ashtakam from Adi Sankaracharya everyday.

I think you have problem to understand India phyloshopy.

im so sorry, i cannot connected with the phyloshophy create by your mind.

But i respect, because you have your own right to have personal opinion.

I not need to reply anyhtings again in this thread of Laksmi Maa who is SHANTI.

MahaHrada
12 April 2010, 05:09 AM
H

im so sorry, i cannot connected with the phyloshophy create by your mind.

But i respect, because you have your own right to have personal opinion.

Please understand i am not commenting on you your understanding or me and my understanding of the subject, or about personal opinions.
I am solely commenting on the teachings and the explanations of the iconography given by eminent Gurus of the buddhist Vajrayana. I have studied the Kalachakra Tantra under the guidance of the late venerable Kalu Rinpoche who is considered one of the most acomplished Vajrayana Gurus of this age. I have studied other Highest Yoga Tantras and the yogas of Naropa under the guidance of other Vajrayana master of faultless lineages. I know what i am talking about don´t tell me i do not understand Vajrayana.

Please compare your comments:

but it doesnt mean Shiva is only demi gods who stuck in samsara. If we see other text, that clearly explain Shiva is beyond samsara, Buddhism Vajrayana also receive Mahamahesvara as Istadevata.Shiva and Ganesh also have high position in Buddhism canon

with the teachings of these Vajrayana Gurus i have copied randomly from the internet:

You are not a Buddhist if you don't take Refuge. It is the understanding and observing of Refuge which defines one as a Buddhist. It is said, "You are not a Mahayanist if you don't have Bodhichitta"; it is the generation of Bodhichitta or the Bodhisattva aspiration that decides whether or not your practice is Mahayana. Therefore it should be understood that the entire path is included within the principles of Refuge and Bodhichitta.
[..]
First, if we go for Refuge to the Buddha we don't take worldly deities and gods as an ultimate Refuge. Worldly gods are those like Brahma, Indra, Vishnu and Shiva; tsens and gyalpo. Since they themselves are in Samsara, how can they help you to become liberated from it? So, as it is said in the thirty-seven ways of a Bodhisattva, one should not go to them for Refuge.
Gyalwa Karmapa

The three prohibitions are actions that you should avoid. The first prohibition is: Having gone for refuge in the Buddha, do not go for refuge in Brahma or any other worldly god. Brahma, Indra, or any other worldly god cannot offer you true protection, nor can your parents or friends, because they are not truly free themselves—they are still bound
A Guide to the Refuge Ceremony Namo Budha Pub. Thrangu Rinpoche

Those worldlings who take refuge in relation to object, means that they take refuge in great worldly deities such as Brahma or Indra or even lower worldly beings such as earth spirits or local spirits. Those who take refuge in' this' form cannot be categorised as Buddhists.
Sakya trizin

Similarly, worldly gods and evil spirits are sometimes helpful, sometimes harmful; they can never be trusted.Non-Buddhists make Brahma, Indra, Shiva, and so forth, their refuge. This is an improvement on the above, yet those gods are still not liberated from samsara and the lower realms so they cannot protect other beings. But Buddha, the teacher of Buddhists is not like these.
Pabongka Rinpoche

shian
13 April 2010, 12:37 AM
MahaHrada

i know

but Vajrayana lineage not only them.

Not all Vajrayana Guru teach like that.

I have reply many times before. Even one sect, if have different lineage will be have different teachings (one text but have multi ways to explain)
even same lineage, different Acharya, will be have different ways to explain.

so my point is

not all of Buddhist is like them

even Tibetan Buddhism internally have a big problem with crash each others.

Do you know about Dorje Shugden ? this topic make great problem to Gelugpa. From Dalai Lama and other Gelug. (even Dalai Lama is also Gelug)

yuo must understand this kind of problem in every sect in this world.

MahaHrada,

they (the Tibetan Gurus all you explain) is have practice Kalacakra and have their own Kalacakra in their mind.

My own lineage and Guru also have we own Kalacakra who is same in image but (have) different in some ways.

But one must be know from fact,
every Gurus (and every religion and every sect) was have their own opinion to explain their teachings is superior better than others. This is must be happened. Because without this how come people can practice with 100% confident?

so , even i speak to someone , even my throat become dry, others will be still think their own religion or sect is better and superior.

i know for you Hindu must be superior than Buddhism.
or for Buddhist , Buddha Dharma will be superior.

this is normal.

but for me, Hindu and Buddhism was only a way, only a DRAMA to teach beings.

so this is why i cannot connected with crash between Hiindu and Buddhism.

shian
13 April 2010, 12:41 AM
MahaHrada,

that is your Kalacakra and thesse Gurus

not my Kalacakra and not my Guru's Kalacakra.

I know you said about according to the text or image, not my opinion

but acctually this is religion

religion will become different in different peoples mind ! even the text is same!

shian
13 April 2010, 12:51 AM
MahaHrada, can we open new thred in Buddha thread ?

for disscuss this ?

i think not a right place there

Ashvati
24 April 2010, 08:53 AM
Thank you everyone, I've managed to get a job as a photo clerk at a pharmacy. Now all I gotta do is learn to use the equipment and prove I'm worth keeping around :D