PDA

View Full Version : We are sisters

smaranam
13 April 2010, 10:47 AM
Namaste

Goswamiji suggests to become a feminine and adopt Bhakti, as the maya being a feminine will not harm you .

Great sages nonetheless point out some
difference between the two, listen to the same with rapt attention Wisdom, dispassion, Yoga (union with God) and Realization.mark me.are all
masculine in conception, The might of man is formidable indeed;
while a woman is naturally weak and dull by her very birth. But that man alone who is unattached and resolute of mind can forwear woman.
not the sensual voluptuary, who has turned his face against the feet of Rama (the
Hero of Raghu.s line). But even such an enlightened sage succumbs
to the charms of a pretty woman at the very sight of her moon-like face. It is God rama
own Maya (deluding potency) that manifests itself in the form of a woman! But that man alone who is unattached and resolute of mind can forwear woman.
Here I do not speak in a partisan spirit, but merely state the view of the Vedas
and Puranas as well as of the saints. A woman is never enamoured of another woman.s
beauty : this, is a strange phenomenon. Maya and Bhakti
(Devotion), mark me, both belong to the feminine group, as everyone knows. Again,
Bhakti is beloved of rama (the Hero of Raghu.s line); while poor Maya is a mere
dancing girl. The Lord of the Raghus is well-disposed towards Bhakti; hence Maya is
terribly afraid of her. Nay, Maya shrinks at the very sight of the man in whose heart ever
abides unobstructed the peerless and guileless spirit of Devotion, and cannot wield her
authority over him. Knowing this, sages who have realized the Truth solicit Bhakti, which
is the fountain of all blessings……from Ramcharitmanas uttarkand

I like your tid-bits from Ramcharitmanas in every context.

We are all prakrti, that is why i refer to jiva as 'she'.

A list of BhagavAn's Children or Beloveds , which have to be nurtured:

Prem (Love)
Anand (happiness/bliss/ecstacy)
Vinay ( modesty/humility)
TyAg (sacrifice)
Pramod [read Pramode] (bliss, synonym of Anand)
VairAgya (renunciation)
*Bhakti (devotion)
*VidyA (knowledge)
*ShraddhA (faith)
*MedhA (intelligence)

The ones with asterix are girls, the remaining are boys.

-----

There are many more potential children like

*kRtadnyatA (gratitude)
*sahishNuta (tolerance)

Lets add to the list.

trinad api sunicena, taror api sahishnuna,
amanina manadena, kirtaniya sada Hari - Chaitanya Mahaprabhu shikshAshtak

Jai Shri KRshNa