PDA

View Full Version : Premonitions

eriko
19 April 2010, 04:24 AM
Sometimes I have impressions about the future. Is there something in Hindu Dharma about it?

Eastern Mind
19 April 2010, 07:44 AM
Eriko:

The transcendent God is beyond time, form, and space. So if you tap into that aspect for but a moment, sure, the future may pop out. But this is usually in the realm of the greatest seers to walk this planet.

Aum Namasivaya

atanu
19 April 2010, 08:27 AM
Sometimes I have impressions about the future. Is there something in Hindu Dharma about it?

Dear Eriko

There is, as per my understanding,a distinction between omniscience (which is about control) and premonition (which is often uncontrollable worrisome thoughts that may have the bad habit of fructifying also). But the boundary line may often be blurred. Sensitive people often get dark moods due to vague premonitions and worries.

Hindu dharma is actually very much about this. The Nescience, which is memory, contains many negativities. Meditation clears this nescience, often through a rapid fructification, and then enables a control over mind that can come only when one is able to rejoice with happiness of others and empathise with agony of others. This is stated to be the first condition for a successful yoga.

Om Namah Shivaya

eriko
24 April 2010, 01:49 AM
Eriko:

The transcendent God is beyond time, form, and space. So if you tap into that aspect for but a moment, sure, the future may pop out. But this is usually in the realm of the greatest seers to walk this planet.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Uncle,

Sorry Uncle, but I don't think I have understood the above.

Dear Eriko

There is, as per my understanding,a distinction between omniscience (which is about control) and premonition (which is often uncontrollable worrisome thoughts that may have the bad habit of fructifying also). But the boundary line may often be blurred. Sensitive people often get dark moods due to vague premonitions and worries.

Hindu dharma is actually very much about this. The Nescience, which is memory, contains many negativities. Meditation clears this nescience, often through a rapid fructification, and then enables a control over mind that can come only when one is able to rejoice with happiness of others and empathise with agony of others. This is stated to be the first condition for a successful yoga.

Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste Uncle,

But what if you don't want to get rid of this. I get both the types of impressions, negative and positive. Of course I have no control over it even though I wish that I had. The things that I have observed are, that impressions that I get are directly related to my emotions. Example, if I am sad than I would see it being manifested in someone else, and same is when I am happy. This happens in the unconscious state, when I am neither asleep or awake. And then I also have this instinctive kind of feelings about certain things that are going to happen. And the third connection is with my creativity. I want to be a novelist, so I keep on thinking about imaginary characters, and if this character of mine has any kind of connection with a real person, like similar sounding names or anything else, then I get impression about that person.

And the frustrating thing is that it happens very rarely and its very weak many times, and so you don't take this seriously. But I am very curious that how does this happen, because you have can't answer why but how? That is what I want to know.

Eastern Mind
24 April 2010, 06:55 AM
Eriko: I;m sorry you didn't understand my original attempt.

My Guru explains that there is only one mind. It is vast, and individual awareness moves through it. So you are never really thinking or feeling on your own. Your individual awareness is just moving about in this vast mind.

So the mindstuff already exists. We must tap into it via awareness. This is the part that shows or makes you feel like you have no control. A goal of the jnani is to have complete control of where that awareness goes.

How accurate are your premonitions?

As far as characters go, that is the main way authors write. I've written a novel, and I must say each character does have traits of some person I know, or are composite characters from 2 or 3 people I know. It is very similar to good acting where the actor 'becomes' the character. You hear music and drama coaches and judges saying 'Take ownership' and that's what they mean.

Aum Namasivaya

NayaSurya
24 April 2010, 07:26 AM
I am a writer. My novel is being sent away this next week with the proposal for the agent. It almost didn't happened because I became afraid about what I wrote.

Every single name I wrote almost a decade ago has now appeared in my life. My husband has half sisters with the names of flowers they are not white. Their names along with his mothers name, even their race were in my book 2 years before I met him. There's much more that happened....it almost made me stop working on the proofing.

It's called automatic writing....some that are very sensitive to the higher planes of consciousness will do this when they create. It's natural.

It happens because we are closer to that vibration and have an outlet. Others may be as close as we are...but they have no way to express it?

Also, there may be another explaination for things I should mention.

"As I speak I create" So sometimes when we write something it becomes close to our heart, we could manifest it without knowing.

Either way...Keep writing...let it work itself out. Goodluck<3

NayaSurya
24 April 2010, 10:22 AM
Please forgive the second post- But I have a very good site for information about this subject and it could help others so I come back to post-

http://www.hinduism.co.za/miracles.htm

It makes things very clear about this subject for those who have questions.

smaranam
24 April 2010, 01:09 PM
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

This happens in the unconscious state, when I am neither asleep or awake.

Namaste eriko, this neither asleep nor awake state is called "mugdha" = swoon.

Yes , this is the state in which a lot happens.

Who is giving us all experiences ? Who is taking us to places ? Who gives us intuition and dreams ? It is our Supreme SELF, SuperSoul, BhagavAn, Lord, who pervades everything and resides within us.

All this may be a bit sudden for a beginning, but the bottom line is - everything is done , shown , given by BhagavAn, who kindly resides in our heart. Since everything is Him, we are nowhere in the picture.

Sure, it helps to dicipher and figure out what's happening.
Now that we know, we graciously accept it as His gift, and keeping our ego out of the way, use it to help his world around us which includes us.

Hinduism emphasizes on minimizing the wrong notion of 'doership' 'I am doing this' and asks us to delve within to find our own Self and its nature.

Jai Shri KRshNa

smaranam
24 April 2010, 01:25 PM
M a d h u s U d a n A
M a d h u s U d a n A
M a d h u s U d a n A

everything M a d h u s U d a n A
everything OF M a d h u s U d a n A
BY M a d h u s U d a n A
FOR M a d h u s U d a n A
IN M a d h u s U d a n A
AROUND M a d h u s U d a n A
OVER TO M a d h u s U d a n A
ABOUT M a d h u s U d a n A
UNDER loving shade of M a d h u s U d a n A.....

NayaSurya, this is a good website, hinduism.co , it helped me in the past to find answers to what was happening in languages like Kundalini etc.,
despite knowing the answer....that it was always all my dear M a d h u s U d a n , His feet, His Being, His PResence, His Hands , His smile ,
despite being aware of His watching "me" search the Web for answers, when the real answer , kept watching me with folded arms and Lotus Eyes. Not once did He laugh or ridicule - that i was trying to find answers on the internet when pArabrahman was right beside.

That page conversation with BhagvAn RamaN is very good, thanks. I love listening to him and all conversations with the Gurus, MahAtmAs.

One last time

M a d h u s U d a n A !

P.S. : At 3 or 4 am yesterday i heard a sound thap thap thap of a toddler running - who ? .... it was BAlKRshNa. He cuddled up next to me - so now He wants to be the baby for a while - He does that now and then

eriko
25 April 2010, 01:32 AM
Eriko: I;m sorry you didn't understand my original attempt.

My Guru explains that there is only one mind. It is vast, and individual awareness moves through it. So you are never really thinking or feeling on your own. Your individual awareness is just moving about in this vast mind.

So the mindstuff already exists. We must tap into it via awareness. This is the part that shows or makes you feel like you have no control. A goal of the jnani is to have complete control of where that awareness goes.

How accurate are your premonitions?

As far as characters go, that is the main way authors write. I've written a novel, and I must say each character does have traits of some person I know, or are composite characters from 2 or 3 people I know. It is very similar to good acting where the actor 'becomes' the character. You hear music and drama coaches and judges saying 'Take ownership' and that's what they mean.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Uncle,

I see. This is cool. So should I work on controlling it or getting rid of it? Basically, they are not precisely premonitions as they are good as well. They are very accurate but they are two vague. Like, I knew how my brother would look like before he was born. And I once had a dream about a person getting scolding and he did get a scolding. Then I had this feeling that the class pass would be lost and it did get lost. And then I had a feeling that my friend and I would fight, and we did fight.

This is interesting, I had a this dream as a kid. I was in a train and I was wearing glasses and as I looked out I saw beautiful green fields. And then later I found that this was the train scene from the Harry Potter first part.

And then I was thinking about my character Kavya, and I was thinking about the surname that I would give her and again and again Shivdasani came to my mind. I didn't like it, since it was too long but it kept on coming and then Kavya Shivdasani won the American Spelling Bee contest. Of course the name didn't tell me anything.

I am a writer. My novel is being sent away this next week with the proposal for the agent. It almost didn't happened because I became afraid about what I wrote.

Every single name I wrote almost a decade ago has now appeared in my life. My husband has half sisters with the names of flowers they are not white. Their names along with his mothers name, even their race were in my book 2 years before I met him. There's much more that happened....it almost made me stop working on the proofing.

It's called automatic writing....some that are very sensitive to the higher planes of consciousness will do this when they create. It's natural.

It happens because we are closer to that vibration and have an outlet. Others may be as close as we are...but they have no way to express it?

Also, there may be another explaination for things I should mention.

"As I speak I create" So sometimes when we write something it becomes close to our heart, we could manifest it without knowing.

Either way...Keep writing...let it work itself out. Goodluck<3

Namaste Aunty,

Oh! Good Luck with it. I see. But I don't pen anything down, its always in my mind.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Namaste eriko, this neither asleep nor awake state is called "mugdha" = swoon.

Yes , this is the state in which a lot happens.

Who is giving us all experiences ? Who is taking us to places ? Who gives us intuition and dreams ? It is our Supreme SELF, SuperSoul, BhagavAn, Lord, who pervades everything and resides within us.

All this may be a bit sudden for a beginning, but the bottom line is - everything is done , shown , given by BhagavAn, who kindly resides in our heart. Since everything is Him, we are nowhere in the picture.

Sure, it helps to dicipher and figure out what's happening.
Now that we know, we graciously accept it as His gift, and keeping our ego out of the way, use it to help his world around us which includes us.

Hinduism emphasizes on minimizing the wrong notion of 'doership' 'I am doing this' and asks us to delve within to find our own Self and its nature.
Jai Shri KRshNa

Namaste,

Oh yes, I don't think that I am doing anything here. This happens on its own.

Eastern Mind
25 April 2010, 06:57 AM
Eriko: The younger we are, the more connected we are to other worlds. As we age, the intellect develops, and overtakes, or clouds this ability. You are fortunate that you haven't lost it all yet. So with a good understanding of the mind, in that it has 5 aspects: conscious, subconscious, sub of the subconscious, superconscious, and sub-superconscious, we can hang onto some of these abilities. Young children, before they develop intellect, often remember past lives etc. Because their parents don't believe in mysticism, they have no reason to listen to the 'gibberish' their youngsters are saying, and find the signs within that.

So a clear intellectual understanding of this mysticism, or at least a real belief in its existence is necessary. But my guru trained his students just to let it go, not overanalyse it, just enjoy it for what it is, remaining detached. That's why when someone comes all bragged up about some mystical experience, the true teacher more or less just says, "so what?" The ego, along with the intellect will cloud it all over, and you will 'lose' the ability for this lifetime.

There are other factors such as sexual purity, practising moral living, proper diet, worship of God, that aid and abet this process as well.

So although it may seem like a big deal to you, and it is for you personally, in reality it isn't. Many many ordinary people like some of us on here, not to mention all the great sages of Hinduism and other mystic traditions have had these experiences as well, but they re now long gone to the sub-superconscious memory bank.

Of course these are the opinions of this author.

Aum Namasivaya

eriko
27 April 2010, 09:08 AM
So a clear intellectual understanding of this mysticism, or at least a real belief in its existence is necessary. But my guru trained his students just to let it go, not overanalyse it, just enjoy it for what it is, remaining detached. That's why when someone comes all bragged up about some mystical experience, the true teacher more or less just says, "so what?" The ego, along with the intellect will cloud it all over, and you will 'lose' the ability for this lifetime.

There are other factors such as sexual purity, practising moral living, proper diet, worship of God, that aid and abet this process as well.

So although it may seem like a big deal to you, and it is for you personally, in reality it isn't. Many many ordinary people like some of us on here, not to mention all the great sages of Hinduism and other mystic traditions have had these experiences as well, but they re now long gone to the sub-superconscious memory bank.

Of course these are the opinions of this author.

It isn't really a big deal to me or anything, but it is just a cool thing, some kind of a game. You talk, laugh and forget about it. And yes I am aware of the fact that this isn't an uncommon phenomenon. I was curious to know about it from a spiritual perspective. Thank you for guiding me.