PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Website

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
15 September 2006, 04:32 AM
Apparently, the entire thread about this has been deleted so now I have to repeat myself again. I don't know if this is happening to others, but virtually every single day I use this forum the site goes down. This is happening on multiple computers with multiple IP addresses. The site is constantly going down so much that it is barely even usable. This has been going on for months and is continuing to get worse. This is part of the reason I haven't been posting lately. It is a battle to even get to the login page. ~BYS~

saidevo
15 September 2006, 05:17 AM
I too have problems in accessing the site. I have a broadband connection, yet it takes a long time (nearly a minute sometimes) for a page to load. Occasionally, the whole site is not accessible. What could be the problems?

sarabhanga
15 September 2006, 07:05 AM
Apparently, the entire thread about this has been deleted so now I have to repeat myself again.

The thread has not been deleted (only moved). And all of your complaints about the performance of HDF web-site have been noted. The intermittent problem is well known, but the exact cause is obscure, and as yet no solution has been found. :dunno:

satay
15 September 2006, 08:40 AM
The thread has not been deleted (only moved). And all of your complaints about the performance of HDF web-site have been noted. The intermittent problem is well known, but the exact cause is obscure, and as yet no solution has been found. :dunno:

The simple solution is to move to another host. But it is not as simple as it sounds. There is also a new version of the software available that I want to install. It has to be done in stages...I am at the stage where I have the site working locally.
Next I have to install the new version and compare the new changes and how they will affect the customziations we did for this site
then find a host (i have one in mind), sign up, make a dump of db, install new app on their server, connect to db, transfer domain to the new host and that should be it...
too many moving parts that I am trying to control right now aside from this forum...
my apologies to BYS and all of you who are having problems.

BYS: I know this is no consolation to you...your ears are probably bleeding already hearing this over and over again from me....

Be assured that I am trying to do my best...why can't there be more hours in a day...

saidevo
15 September 2006, 09:31 AM
Namaste Satay.

With all the occasional hitches, the Website is more than reasonably quick to access, at least in my connection. We are aware of that you are consistently burning the midnight oil despite your family commitments. If you must change the host, I am sure you will consider it deeply before commiting, and let the process take it own time and design.

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
16 September 2006, 09:38 PM
The simple solution is to move to another host. But it is not as simple as it sounds. There is also a new version of the software available that I want to install. It has to be done in stages...I am at the stage where I have the site working locally.
Next I have to install the new version and compare the new changes and how they will affect the customziations we did for this site
then find a host (i have one in mind), sign up, make a dump of db, install new app on their server, connect to db, transfer domain to the new host and that should be it...
too many moving parts that I am trying to control right now aside from this forum...
my apologies to BYS and all of you who are having problems.

BYS: I know this is no consolation to you...your ears are probably bleeding already hearing this over and over again from me....

Be assured that I am trying to do my best...why can't there be more hours in a day...

Well good luck. You must be working hard as I have noticed that almost every time I happen to sign on (successfully) that you are also signed on. You must spend a lot of time on this site. Namaste. ;) ~BYS~

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
23 October 2006, 11:13 PM
Nothing has changed except it continues to get worse almost on a daily basis. ~BYS~

satay
01 December 2006, 09:09 AM
Please provide feedback on the site response now

Znanna
01 December 2006, 03:49 PM
Great, fastest I've ever seen it. Thanks!

ZN
/reindexing isn't fun, your efforts are much appreciated

satay
13 December 2006, 09:32 AM
Any issues with the slowness of the site etc.? Anyone still experiencing problems loggin in, posting, or in general browsing the site?