PDA

View Full Version : What should I do when someone decries my lord ?

isavasya
28 April 2010, 05:17 PM
Namaste members,

There are various hindu forums around the net, some well managed (like HDF, thanks to sri satay ji) and some really unhealthy ones in which people with ego belittle the beliefs of people with whom they don't agree. I come from a secular hindu family and believe all paths and gods are true.But personally I am devoted to lord shiva and only & only lord shiva lives in my heart. When few isckonites or tattvawadis label the unborn maheshwara as a jivatma created by shri hari it really feels very painful to me. Till a year ago I usually replied back and tried to debate peacefully but at end of the day some heated discussion followed, later I left all those forums. But a few days back I revisited those forums and again felt tempted to reply to people who derogate lord shiva (I will always reply back a shaiva derogating lord hari too). But then I felt why again have verbal fight with my own hindu brothers ? No matter how peacefully I try to debate some people will maintain their same thinking.

Thanks to Atanu ji and satay ji, this forum at-least has not been hijacked by Isckonites & tattvavadis else most of hindu forums around are just in name. A few days ago, I saw a thread in advaita community of orkut which read " Is Brahman the inferior brahmajyoti of Vishnu?? The sad thing was bunch of isckonites joined that advaita community and verbally abused the advaitins, who were still so humble and graceful in replying them. It really feels sad to see some people calling advaitins & shaivites as demons and mayavaadi.

I have myself expressed negative views against abrahmaic religions on various occasions on many forums( But I have always opposed the claim of these religions that all other religions are false except their own version, other than that I have no problem with people of any religion ,race or belief, also for last some time I have moderated my views on them to some extent).

I request respected members of this forum to please advice me and help me out on following questions.

1. What a person should do when others decry his faith ? Of course peaceful debate is what our dharm teaches, but when debates become abusive and ego comes up then should one still continue in heated and indescent talks or leave the discussion ?

2.Is leaving the discussion going to solve the problem , isn't it our duty to fight for the truth , especially today when sanatan dharm is struggling in India itself ?

Eastern Mind
28 April 2010, 06:26 PM
Vannakam isavasya:

I ignore them and do not succumb to their level. (Well occasionally I do slip up. To err is human.) There is no point in debating with someone over that. It helps no one. Once I see a certain set of words that indicate "I'm right and you're wrong' mentality, I just let it go. We were not born on this planet to argue and debate. There is a higher purpose: That of realisation of the Self-God within. Period. Debate is a vicious side-track that leads away from that goal. Just let them be. Worship Siva with your heart. Drop the problem of your reacting (and that is the crux of the problem, not other's POV, as it is the only part you can control via indomitable will) and after some time, you won't even notice. This idle chatter of who is best will be like elavtor background music to your ears.

Aum Namasivaya

NayaSurya
28 April 2010, 08:01 PM
I can think of worse things to be called than mayavadi...mleccha among them.

I have to giggle about the whole Asura thing. Asura were crazy evil beings...humble loving devotees praying to Siva should not be considered in such ways.

Pray for them. Like a mother would her child. There are people put on this earth with one simple job to perform...to knock you off your path. Sometimes these people come as family...friends or advisary. Everytime pray.

Gurudeva once said somewhere...that each relationship we have ...there is a table between us. That table we put forth what we bring to the relationship, once on the table, this is all we have to eat together. If I bring anger then we can only have anger to nourish our relationship.

So always bring to the table love. Love of Siva is very good love to bring to the table.

Isavasya, just the fact you are concerned about beloved Siva so much and also about your actions regarding these others proves what a good heart you have. These are the things which bring the blessings.

*hugs*

devotee
28 April 2010, 08:08 PM
Namaste Isa,

IMHO, it is better to leave the scene gracefully. It won't lead to anything good.

These people are not at fault. They are only doing what they have been taught by their Guru. It is sad to see such devoted people being such eccentric. They won't even read what you post ... not listen to what you say ... not even refer to scriptures you quote.

They are still Hindus ... though they don't have the basic element which separates a Hindu from followers of other faiths ... respecting all paths. It is sad ... but they are our own brethren.

Let's pray for them as Nayasurya said.

OM

amith vikram
29 April 2010, 01:09 AM
namaste isavasya,
even i have noticed that.its very sad that hindus have developed such a sick attitude.even i was showing my frustration to such things at first,but now i just laugh it off.look,defeating someone in a forum or such things wont help in any way.what you have seen is just the tip of an ice berg.they are just barking like mad,coz they dont get any better than that.but the cause of worry is not that,my friend.people who are biased,greedy,characterless,etc.,they are running the country.they have occupied the high posts and they operate at their own will.what we can do is,bid for our time and reach a commanding position,like say owner of a big firm,and then execute.did u get it?
the key is,to be free from these:kama,krodha,bhaya.practice this,and i'm sure u ll feel good.
so just sit back and have fun.

upsydownyupsy mv ss
29 April 2010, 03:04 AM
Namaste members,

There are various hindu forums around the net, some well managed (like HDF, thanks to sri satay ji) and some really unhealthy ones in which people with ego belittle the beliefs of people with whom they don't agree. I come from a secular hindu family and believe all paths and gods are true.But personally I am devoted to lord shiva and only & only lord shiva lives in my heart. When few isckonites or tattvawadis label the unborn maheshwara as a jivatma created by shri hari it really feels very painful to me. Till a year ago I usually replied back and tried to debate peacefully but at end of the day some heated discussion followed, later I left all those forums. But a few days back I revisited those forums and again felt tempted to reply to people who derogate lord shiva (I will always reply back a shaiva derogating lord hari too). But then I felt why again have verbal fight with my own hindu brothers ? No matter how peacefully I try to debate some people will maintain their same thinking.

Thanks to Atanu ji and satay ji, this forum at-least has not been hijacked by Isckonites & tattvavadis else most of hindu forums around are just in name. A few days ago, I saw a thread in advaita community of orkut which read " Is Brahman the inferior brahmajyoti of Vishnu?? The sad thing was bunch of isckonites joined that advaita community and verbally abused the advaitins, who were still so humble and graceful in replying them. It really feels sad to see some people calling advaitins & shaivites as demons and mayavaadi.

I have myself expressed negative views against abrahmaic religions on various occasions on many forums( But I have always opposed the claim of these religions that all other religions are false except their own version, other than that I have no problem with people of any religion ,race or belief, also for last some time I have moderated my views on them to some extent).

I request respected members of this forum to please advice me and help me out on following questions.

1. What a person should do when others decry his faith ? Of course peaceful debate is what our dharm teaches, but when debates become abusive and ego comes up then should one still continue in heated and indescent talks or leave the discussion ?

2.Is leaving the discussion going to solve the problem , isn't it our duty to fight for the truth , especially today when sanatan dharm is struggling in India itself ?

I am troubled just as you are... or even more, you like spoke my heart out. I am a devotee of Shiva(and Vishnu at the same time, but mostly I'm Shaiva) and an admirer of advaitha too and am secular as you are. But, keep getting attacks. I'm thankful that I am sheltered under this tree (HDF forums). What to do friend? What I feel is that we leave the discussion after trying to tell them 3 times, not more.
There is a story in Panchatantra....
In a forest lived a bird which knew right from wrong. And there lived a group of monkeys, smart ones, but always misunderstood things. It was the time of winter.... The monkeys saw how hunters produced a camp fire with introducing fire from a burning candle. The monkeys decided to do the same.... They gathered dry leaves and twigs. They then captured fireflies and smashed them into a pulp and introduced the dead flies into the leaf-twig pile and started blowing wind into them. That bird which knew right from wrong, advised them not to do that as it would not burn, instead to strike stones.... The monkeys did not listen... It kept advising them again and again and again and again and again, the monkeys got really angry. The leader of the monkey tribe got really angry, came running, caught the bird, squeezed it to death, and threw it to the ground. The monkeys then continued to do the same.
I read this story when I was four. So I don't tend to argue to those people who are mentally 'deaf'. Instead I pretend to agree with them. Problem solved. Due to this reason only I consider to study the shaiva and vaishnava as two different entities. I can never understand Srimad Bhagavatam for the same reason, as it potrays Shiva as a 'jeevathma'. It is to be noted that Shaivism was the first philosophy to explain Big Bang, and the nature of energy, matter and anti-matter.
Here are some videos from iskonites...Which really really really really gave me a headache. And they also say Krishna is not the avatar of Vishnu, instead Vishnu is the avatar of Krishna . They are sometimes right, but sometimes go...:blah: and say whatever they are taught is only the 'right' thing.
The videos are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD3MUKllvbo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJio_06L0dQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ob1iHP2p1k&feature=related

BUT STILL..... Iskon is doing a very good job making this world a more beautiful place, by increasing the number of devotees of the Lord and bringing them into the light. Thousands of children addicted to bad habits and who were orphaned worship God, as Krishna, because of Iskon. Many people have changed their lives because of Iskon.

I still don't agree with everything they say. Shiva is in my heart and that is that, I worship god as Shiva, they as Krishna. I only wish they would not impose their ideas on us.

Well if they keep Srimad Bhagavatam and keep telling Krishna is God, I will keep the text Shiva Maha Purana and from the story of Yupa Sthambha, I will keep telling Shiva is God. But no use.:) God is god. Just appears in different forms to different people with different names. As NayaSurya said, lets just pray for their welfare, nothing else.

AAAAUUUUMMMM..... is the best suited name of god for all in general and Nirguna & Saguna forms are general forms.

Why fight? When Shiva is Vishnu and Vishnu is Krishna and Krishna is Mathaji and Mathaji is Ganesh and Ganesh is Surya and Surys is Shiva and Shiva is AUM.

isavasya
29 April 2010, 02:20 PM
Namaste everyone.

Thanks to all members, for the views.

Dear Em ji and devotee ji,

when i was young, I did continued the debate for long, but now I feel its not worth for either them or my own peace of mind.

Namste amith,

"what you have seen is just the tip of an ice berg"
yes, thats true, I can get what you are saying, and its right, more I involve in it, more I become like them.

dear downy, and nayasurya,

Yes I sure pray, and will keep, thanks for the encouraging word, and sure shiva's and narayana's blessings will be upon us. [:)]

sambya
30 April 2010, 03:00 AM
hi isavasya .

i have faced the same problem as you . my inclination has been towrds devi and shaktism as a child . later i got in contact with isckon and liked it in the initial days . soon i realised their actual philosophy and quit iskcon . it indeeds pains to hear abuses about your ishta .

shastra says that when you hear hear ishta-ninda theres two things that could be done . either rise up and protest or leave the place . i do both . its very sattvick to leave the place , but there are times when the need of fierce protest also arise . diplomatically speaking its easier to make them shut up by exposing their vulnerable and negetive points .

heres an interesting story from sri ramakrishna paramahamsa's life on the issue of ishta ninda .----------------------------

one day a devotee of sri ramakrishna who was very introvert and quite in nature was on his way to dakshineshwar temple , where ramakrishna lived . on his way he heard some common people speaking ill about ramakrishna . he quickjly left the place and came to daksineshwar and narrated the story . to this ramakrishna got irritated and said " what kind of backboneless bhakta are you ? someone abusing your guru and you dont even care to protest . this is tamo guna " .

another day a second devotee of ramakrishna who was very brave and outspoken was coming to dakshineshwar by boat . in middle of ganges some other co-passengers was talking bad about ramakrishna . this devotee got up angrily and started swaying the boat using his feet . and then he threatedned to them " if anyone dare utter any ill words about my guru i shall sink this boat immideatley ."
the passengers was terrifed to see his rage and begged forgiveness . when ramakrishna heard of his conduct he said " what !! you stood up to sink the boat ? thats was not very good of you . there were others there who meant you no harm . besides why should anger overpower you . anger is enemy of man and a hindrance to sadhana . is it desirable to loose sense in fit of anger ? its tamo guna . never do this again "

so you can see how his advice varied depending on the situation . its left to one own discretion to understand when to protest and when not .

jai

upsydownyupsy mv ss
30 April 2010, 03:38 AM
nice story Sambya. :Roll: Iskonites are doing a good job of helping people, but are doing a bad job hurting non-vaishnavites and non-iskonites.

sambya
30 April 2010, 09:27 AM
thanks upsydownyupsy mv ss (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/member.php?u=1694)

:)

Stephen
02 May 2010, 12:50 PM
Namaste,
>one day a devotee of sri ramakrishna who was very introvert and quite in nature was on his way to dakshineshwar temple , where ramakrishna lived . on his way he heard some common people speaking ill about ramakrishna . he quickjly left the place and came to daksineshwar and narrated the story . to this ramakrishna got irritated and said " what kind of backboneless bhakta are you ? someone abusing your guru and you dont even care to protest . this is tamo guna " .

>another day a second devotee of ramakrishna who was very brave and outspoken was coming to dakshineshwar by boat . in middle of ganges some other co-passengers was talking bad about ramakrishna . this devotee got up angrily and started swaying the boat using his feet . and then he threatedned to them " if anyone dare utter any ill words about my guru i shall sink this boat immideatley ."
the passengers was terrifed to see his rage and begged forgiveness . when ramakrishna heard of his conduct he said " what !! you stood up to sink the boat ? thats was not very good of you . there were others there who meant you no harm . besides why should anger overpower you . anger is enemy of man and a hindrance to sadhana . is it desirable to loose sense in fit of anger ? its tamo guna . never do this again "

>so you can see how his advice varied depending on the situation . its left to one own discretion to understand when to protest and when not .

Exactly, this why I am confused about whether to protest the recent episode of the TV show "Supernatural". I posted this earlier under "Politics", but wasn't sure if that was the correct spot for it. So, I'll repeat it here,

"Namaste,
I don't know if this is the right place to share this, but here goes... There is a TV show called "Supernatural". It is about the Angels of God trying to start the Apocalypse, and Lucifer is released. The two stars of the show(their characters) are called Sam and Dean Winchester. They are brothers. The basic theme lately is that the Angels of God are trying to start the Apocolypse, and one of the two brothers are tricked into releasing Lucifer. Lately they showed an episode called "Hammer of the Gods". In it, they seemed to direspect the Hindu deities, and deities from other cultures. The Gods wanted to stop the apocolypse, and to start the process decided to kill and cook a human. The Hindu deities they involve is Lord Ganesha and Goddess Kali. There was also the Roman Mercury (I think it was Him that grabbed the unfortunate human), and others. Lucifer is able to run over the Gods, in a conflict, and was about to kill Kali, totally disrespecting Her power. I think it was an outrageous show. I will provide at least on link so anybody can see for themselves, if they wish. It is the Season 5, Episode 19 – Aired: 4/22/2010 viewing. http://www.tv.com/supernatural/show/30144/episode.html Also a link to the overview, http://www.tv.com/supernatural/hamme..._guide;summary "
So, what do people here think should be done, if anything?

sambya
02 May 2010, 01:54 PM
easiest would be to inform the local hindu groups or associations about it . they would take care of them .
though im yet to see the links that you have provided . i will do it now...

Eastern Mind
02 May 2010, 06:58 PM
Vannakkam sambhya:

I believe the OP was questioning other Hindus, when sectarian views take hole in a strong way. If it is a Christian, or a rationalist, or an atheist, then it is more rational they might decry, but when it comes from a fellow Hindu, its harder to understand, therefore harder to forgive. One old adage in this regard,is 'consider the source' and when the source is close at hand, it is more troubling.

Aum Namasivaya

upsydownyupsy mv ss
03 May 2010, 12:00 AM
:eek::po:.They're just showing how ignorant they are.....
How dare they show the mother of the universe and the brother of the universe in such a demonic way!!!!!!

sambya
03 May 2010, 03:14 AM
i dont know whether you have provided links to a video , but i couldnt find any . i just read through the plot and found it disgusting . at the same time i must say im not easily disturbed by such incidents . there will always be people around to throw muck at someone else . no one or nothing in this universe goes unscathed !

and the more they(christians) sharpen their skills of decrying others , the more will they loose hold over society at large . western people are not that big fools . already christianity is a dead religion for all practical terms . now let the corpse decompose while we prepare for a happy funeral .

enjoy ..........!!!

Stephen
03 May 2010, 01:50 PM
Sambya said, "i dont know whether you have provided links to a video , but i couldnt find any ."

That is strange. I thought a TV show's web site have ways for people to see episodes they missed and couldn't record. That is assuming that was the TV show's web site. I am not a big internet expert.

sambya
04 May 2010, 02:11 AM
hi stephen , even im not an internet expert , so i might have missed it out , if there was any tube videos on the link .

anyways , i have read the plot and found it offensive and have already expressed what i had to say in this matter . :)

atanu
04 May 2010, 09:07 AM
Dear Isavasya

To inject some lightness.

I went through a time when I had intense arguments with Dvaitins and IsKconites (losing everytime of course). At that time in my 'horror chart' (horoscope), the terrible planet Pluto was allegedly transiting through 90 or 180 degrees from my natal Sun or ascendant or Mars (I do not remember which). The prognosis and warning for me was to not get into crowd since there was allegedly a great threat of physical ambush and (death).

That time I past (by Lord's grace) in arguining and fighting. It was not so bad after all.

As long as we are 'ego/mind' and are not free from influence of kAla.

Om Namah Shivaya

Kumar_Das
31 May 2010, 01:11 PM
I am troubled just as you are... or even more, you like spoke my heart out. I am a devotee of Shiva(and Vishnu at the same time, but mostly I'm Shaiva) and an admirer of advaitha too and am secular as you are. But, keep getting attacks. I'm thankful that I am sheltered under this tree (HDF forums). What to do friend? What I feel is that we leave the discussion after trying to tell them 3 times, not more.
There is a story in Panchatantra....
In a forest lived a bird which knew right from wrong. And there lived a group of monkeys, smart ones, but always misunderstood things. It was the time of winter.... The monkeys saw how hunters produced a camp fire with introducing fire from a burning candle. The monkeys decided to do the same.... They gathered dry leaves and twigs. They then captured fireflies and smashed them into a pulp and introduced the dead flies into the leaf-twig pile and started blowing wind into them. That bird which knew right from wrong, advised them not to do that as it would not burn, instead to strike stones.... The monkeys did not listen... It kept advising them again and again and again and again and again, the monkeys got really angry. The leader of the monkey tribe got really angry, came running, caught the bird, squeezed it to death, and threw it to the ground. The monkeys then continued to do the same.
I read this story when I was four. So I don't tend to argue to those people who are mentally 'deaf'. Instead I pretend to agree with them. Problem solved. Due to this reason only I consider to study the shaiva and vaishnava as two different entities. I can never understand Srimad Bhagavatam for the same reason, as it potrays Shiva as a 'jeevathma'. It is to be noted that Shaivism was the first philosophy to explain Big Bang, and the nature of energy, matter and anti-matter.
Here are some videos from iskonites...Which really really really really gave me a headache. And they also say Krishna is not the avatar of Vishnu, instead Vishnu is the avatar of Krishna . They are sometimes right, but sometimes go...:blah: and say whatever they are taught is only the 'right' thing.
The videos are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD3MUKllvbo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJio_06L0dQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ob1iHP2p1k&feature=related

BUT STILL..... Iskon is doing a very good job making this world a more beautiful place, by increasing the number of devotees of the Lord and bringing them into the light. Thousands of children addicted to bad habits and who were orphaned worship God, as Krishna, because of Iskon. Many people have changed their lives because of Iskon.

I still don't agree with everything they say. Shiva is in my heart and that is that, I worship god as Shiva, they as Krishna. I only wish they would not impose their ideas on us.

Well if they keep Srimad Bhagavatam and keep telling Krishna is God, I will keep the text Shiva Maha Purana and from the story of Yupa Sthambha, I will keep telling Shiva is God. But no use.:) God is god. Just appears in different forms to different people with different names. As NayaSurya said, lets just pray for their welfare, nothing else.

AAAAUUUUMMMM..... is the best suited name of god for all in general and Nirguna & Saguna forms are general forms.

Why fight? When Shiva is Vishnu and Vishnu is Krishna and Krishna is Mathaji and Mathaji is Ganesh and Ganesh is Surya and Surys is Shiva and Shiva is AUM.

Shiva is not a worshipper of Vishnu. And Vishnu is not a worshipper of Shiva. And neither are a manifestation of the other. And neither the both can ever merge (ayyappa) or produce offsprings, because males cannot breed and reproduce. They are all each themselves. They are different aspects of God yet equal.

those videos disgust me. I think its a ploy to tarnish Hinduism by outside evil forces.

Those particular ISKCONites dont seem to hold up to the standards of what they consider to be their holy book.

sometimes we forget that its not just evil that comes from outside, but evil also can penetrate and lodge itself inside and work against us. Just like Ravana was saintly yet ravaged against fellow Hindus. Dharma is foremost. Dont think Kalki Bhagwan will preserve Dharma by killing the evils that fester among non-Hindus but also Hindus.

Kumar_Das
31 May 2010, 01:23 PM
:eek::po:.They're just showing how ignorant they are.....
How dare they show the mother of the universe and the brother of the universe in such a demonic way!!!!!!

huh?:confused:

Avazjan
01 June 2010, 06:36 PM
Namaste,

I think most of the good advice has already been said...mostly to ignore it.

Maybe see if you can talk to them in other ways that don't involve intolerant and controversial statements, and if it is simply impossible to talk to them without them insulting god, then I guess ignore them too.

If possible, try to love them as you love Shiva...very difficult, I know. I find that it helps to interact with people as if, somewhere, they have already achieved moksha, and you are in full communion with them, helping them reach that in the limited mode you find yourself in interpersonally in whatever way you can, as gently and sensitively as possible...if that makes any sense.

Of course it is very difficult to bear this in mind constantly, and so much easier to talk about than do like so many things.

Namaste!

Avazjan
02 June 2010, 06:23 PM
Shiva is not a worshipper of Vishnu. And Vishnu is not a worshipper of Shiva. And neither are a manifestation of the other. And neither the both can ever merge (ayyappa) or produce offsprings, because males cannot breed and reproduce. They are all each themselves. They are different aspects of God yet equal.

I'm sorry, but this is incorrect.

1. Shiva is a great devotee of Vishnu.
2. Vishnu is a great devotee of Shiva.
3. They are manifestations of eachother, Ishvara and Brahman.
4. Sivasya hridayam vishnur-vishnoscha hridayam sivah :)
5. Both Shiva and Vishnu can take female forms, Vishnu especially is known for this (Mohini).

smaranam
03 June 2010, 02:58 PM
And they also say Krishna is not the avatar of Vishnu, instead Vishnu is the avatar of Krishna .

Namaste upsydowny and others ...

About Gaudiya VaishNav take on VishNu and KRshNa , a good explanation here :

http://www.veda.harekrsna.cz/encyclopedia/philosophy3.htm#2

Visnu and Krsna

Q: Many people worship Laksmi-Narayana and believe Lord Sri Krsna is an expansion of Lord Visnu. Can you explain why do you believe in opposite way?

A: Gaudiya Vaisnavas don't have problem with anyone believing Sri Krsna to be an expansion of Sri Visnu (like e.g. in Sri, or Ramanuja sampradaya) if they are not offensive to Sri Krsna. Our acaryas prove that Sri Krsna is same from the point of view of tattva as Sri Visnu but higher in rasa. He has four special qualities which even Sri Visnu doesn't posses.
About aisvarya & madhurya (corresponding to Vaikuntha & Vraja) bhavas Bhaktivinoda Thakura says in Navadvipa Bhava Taranga, 118: "As much as my Sri Krsna is endowed with utmost sweetness (madhurya), similarly the Lord of Vaikuntha is endowed with absolute opulence and grandeur (aisvarya). Lord Krsna as Vrajendra-nandana never gives up this same opulence, however, but such aspects of His spiritual grandeur are not noticed by His pure devotees"

om namo nArAyaNAya ~
om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~

Ramakrishna
04 June 2010, 12:29 AM
Namaste upsydowny and others ...

About Gaudiya VaishNav take on VishNu and KRshNa , a good explanation here :

http://www.veda.harekrsna.cz/encyclopedia/philosophy3.htm#2

Visnu and Krsna

Q: Many people worship Laksmi-Narayana and believe Lord Sri Krsna is an expansion of Lord Visnu. Can you explain why do you believe in opposite way?

A: Gaudiya Vaisnavas don't have problem with anyone believing Sri Krsna to be an expansion of Sri Visnu (like e.g. in Sri, or Ramanuja sampradaya) if they are not offensive to Sri Krsna. Our acaryas prove that Sri Krsna is same from the point of view of tattva as Sri Visnu but higher in rasa. He has four special qualities which even Sri Visnu doesn't posses.
About aisvarya & madhurya (corresponding to Vaikuntha & Vraja) bhavas Bhaktivinoda Thakura says in Navadvipa Bhava Taranga, 118: "As much as my Sri Krsna is endowed with utmost sweetness (madhurya), similarly the Lord of Vaikuntha is endowed with absolute opulence and grandeur (aisvarya). Lord Krsna as Vrajendra-nandana never gives up this same opulence, however, but such aspects of His spiritual grandeur are not noticed by His pure devotees"

om namo nArAyaNAya ~
om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~

Namaste,

That is a good explanation of the Gaudiya Vaishnava perspective of Lord Vishnu and Lord Krishna. This video also explains it very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJio_06L0dQ&feature=related

Hare Krishna

shian
08 June 2010, 02:00 AM
and this is happened everytime in entire universe

this Jagad is Ksetra , will war for the name of God

war with mind
war with speech
war with body

this is will never end.

i have war with some christians who debating me,
but acctually i have my own Jesus.

but my own Jesus not make me fell difficult to defeat their "jesus" who created by their mind.

the war is not begin from me, if they starting the war, i will do that.

GOD is one, but peoples already "create" their own "god".

so i not think what i do in christian sub forum in HDF is slayer Jesus. what i do is subjugate "jesus" who cerated by some christians irrational mind.

upsydownyupsy mv ss
22 June 2010, 08:07 AM
huh?:confused:
Thats the shaiva point of view. :Roll:
Don't break your head over it.

Elizabeth108
27 June 2010, 09:48 AM
Hi,

IMHO, simply leave the discussion. You can measure the im/maturity in faith and understanding of a person by his/her attitude to other people and how s/he treats them.

As for me, I have chosen Krsna / Visnu to worship as a form of God (I am NOT a member of the ISKCON, I oppose its views) but I do respect other forms of God. I would never belittle other forms of God as they are but different aspects of the ONE.

Continue your own path, search for like-minded people or ones who do show respect to your faith and spend time on discussing with them.

Simply don't care about such opinions by which one tries to uplift his/her own way by belittling others'.

Elizabeth
OM