PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

Onkara
29 April 2010, 07:51 AM
How does one define Sanatani Sikhism and who?

indianx
12 May 2010, 09:16 PM
Is there even such a thing? It's the first time I've heard of the term.

devotee
13 May 2010, 12:51 AM
How does one define Sanatani Sikhism and who?

The Path having a mix of Sanatan Dharma's ideology with Sikhism. In fact, the Sikhism originally was a part of Sanatan Dharma .... but some fanatic religious leaders of Sikhs later on tried to show it a completely different path. However, those who continued with the old tradition were called Sanatani Sikhs.

OM

amra
13 May 2010, 05:19 AM
Actually Sikhi encompasses Sanatana Dharma. Sikhi is the original primal path which comes under different names at different times. Sanatana Dharma is a manifestation of the Eternal Sikhi. You are all Sikhs but you have not realised it yet. One day with Gurprasad you all will become true shish true Sikh of the Satguru.

Sahasranama
13 May 2010, 05:38 AM
Actually Sanatana Dharma encompasses Sikhi. Santana Dharma is the original primal path which comes under different names at different times. Sikhi is a manifestation of the Sanatana Dharma. You are all Sanatana Dharmis but you have not realised it yet. One day with Gurprasad you all will become true shishya true Satani of the Satguru.

fixed your post :crazy:

devotee
13 May 2010, 05:51 AM
Actually Sikhi encompasses Sanatana Dharma. Sikhi is the original primal path which comes under different names at different times. Sanatana Dharma is a manifestation of the Eternal Sikhi. You are all Sikhs but you have not realised it yet. One day with Gurprasad you all will become true shish true Sikh of the Satguru.

You know Amra, I smiled while reading this as I remembered my conversation with a Jain in a similar way ! :) When I told him that Jainism is an offshoot of Sanatan Dharma, he also said that in fact, Jainism was an eternal religion and Hindu Dharma, Buddhism and Sikhism were offshoots of Jainism ! :)

What I stated was what the history says. Personally, I don't find Sikhism much different from Sanatan Dharma. In fact, till I grew old & some sikhs told me that it was a different religion, I thought it was one of the sects within Hinduism. When I was in Kabul I saw that Sikhs and the Hindus shared the same temple (originally it was a Durga Temple) and participated in each other's religious functions with equal devotion.

OM

amra
13 May 2010, 06:37 AM
The reason why you did not see the difference is because, true Sanatana Dharma is Sikhi. Durga is a Sikh of the Guru, so it would be appropriate for Sikhs to reclaim their old heritage and put it in its correct place within the Sikh panth. Actually all the Devas and Devtian wish in their hearts to be true Sikhs of the Guru. And I don;t believe your idea of History as it is offensive to me. History originated from 1, Ek Oamkaar, which is found in the beggining of the most holy Sri Sri Sri JapJi Sahib of Satguru Baba Nanak Dev Ji.

Sahasranama
13 May 2010, 06:43 AM
I think you are wrong, durga devi has personally told me she actually wished she was born jewish.

devotee
13 May 2010, 07:28 AM
The reason why you did not see the difference is because, true Sanatana Dharma is Sikhi. Durga is a Sikh of the Guru, so it would be appropriate for Sikhs to reclaim their old heritage and put it in its correct pla
ce within the Sikh panth. Actually all the Devas and Devtian wish in their hearts to be true Sikhs of the Guru. And I don;t believe your idea of History as it is offensive to me. History originated from 1, Ek Oamkaar, which is found in the beggining of the most holy Sri Sri Sri JapJi Sahib of Satguru Baba Nanak Dev Ji.

1 Omkar ! Jo Bole so Nihaal !!

Jai Guru Nanak Dev ji ki ! :)

OM

satay
13 May 2010, 09:19 AM
namaskar,

Obviously, history is not your best subject. Please read sikh history. Guru Nanak and all the other 9 gurus were all hindus. The first 5 'sikhs' or panj piyarya were all hindus.

:rolleyes:

amra
13 May 2010, 02:10 PM
The word Hindu does not appear in any Sanskrit text. So I do not accept this word, for one i do not understand what it means. I doubt very much that people living in India before the advent of the British called themselves Hindu's. If they did i'm sure there would be such a word in Sanskrit, butHindu is a farsi word, which colloquially meant outsider/ foreigner much like the sanskrit word mlechha. If you wish to designate yourself and past historical figures by this offensive word then that is up to you.

Also are you people not familiar with the scriptures? Shiva revealed many scriptures to Devi and they found their way to Earth when some mischeivious person listened to the discourse Shiva was giving without him apparently knowing. Anyway does this not make Devi the first Sikh or Shishya when Shiva is the Adi Guru? The primordial Guru is God, Pure Consciousness, his Shakti is the first Sikh.

isavasya
13 May 2010, 07:00 PM
The word Hindu does not appear in any Sanskrit text. So I do not accept this word, for one i do not understand what it means. I doubt very much that people living in India before the advent of the British called themselves Hindu's. If they did i'm sure there would be such a word in Sanskrit, butHindu is a farsi word, which colloquially meant outsider/ foreigner much like the sanskrit word mlechha. If you wish to designate yourself and past historical figures by this offensive word then that is up to you.

This is the latest non-sense of mullas/zakhir nayak chamchas, their latest attack that hindu means= some offensive meaning word /now you have made it similar to mleccha. Care to know, In one forum ,someone did asked the moron mulla who was very accomplished to provide any authentic pramaan to show any offensive meaning of Hindu word. He left the forum disheartened because He couldn't find any authentic farsi-arabic-urdu dictionary having any such meaning of Hindu. Its just the non-sense of late 20th century.

Also are you people not familiar with the scriptures? Shiva revealed many scriptures to Devi and they found their way to Earth when some mischeivious person listened to the discourse Shiva was giving without him apparently knowing. Anyway does this not make Devi the first Sikh or Shishya when Shiva is the Adi Guru? The primordial Guru is God, Pure Consciousness, his Shakti is the first Sikh.

Your religion is great sir, extraordinary supreme, But please stop saying it encompasses sanatan dharm within it and you dont become smarter calling durga devi a sikh, care to know if she is shisya, she is guru too . Durga devi too refers too your ek Onkaar and entity beyond that. Your religion irrespective of great history is turning into yet another abrahmaic religion, anyways, I wont like to drift the topic.

@snip
Landlord of the flat I live in is a sikh, a very nice human being, her mother has her television set on all the day long, some punjabi channel giving some sikh bhajans. But she also has photos of shiva,krishna and durga ji in her room and also goes to listen to hindu satsang in the society. such sikhs who show the true spirit of sanatan dharm, spirit of mutual respect and love can be called sanatan sikh as against some neo-sikhs with haram and halal concept of islam, xianity. Most of the sikhs of INDIA are very patriotic and nice human being. Hope Canadians dont mind.

Onkara
19 May 2010, 05:48 AM
Thank you all, for your replies
I find the Sri Guru Granth Sahib enspiring. There must be a way of living which embraces the heart of Sikhi whilst recognising Sanatana Dharma. :)

amra
19 May 2010, 11:54 AM
The heart of Sikhi is the same as the heart of Sanatana Dharma which is the same as the heart of CHristianity and Islam. Names are mere externals, the depth behind the name can only be pierced by one who has a clear intellect, the name or concept has to be enlivened or awakened otherwise it is empty - like a political tool. I was told by someone to be like a bee and suck the nectar from many different flowers. Take whatever is useful from all traditions in sincerity

Onkara
20 May 2010, 02:47 AM
The heart of Sikhi is the same as the heart of Sanatana Dharma which is the same as the heart of CHristianity and Islam. Names are mere externals, the depth behind the name can only be pierced by one who has a clear intellect, the name or concept has to be enlivened or awakened otherwise it is empty - like a political tool. I was told by someone to be like a bee and suck the nectar from many different flowers. Take whatever is useful from all traditions in sincerity

Hello Amra
You reply with wise advice, thank you. The difficulty comes with the desire for Sadh Sangat. Wishing to share that sense of community and love through devotion with other people. Perhaps you can correct me? My understanding is that faith and commitement blossoms best when focused on a single religion (path), be it of any religion or sect? Altnernatively one lives the life of bee, alwasys alone and moving from flower to flower but never without resting to share the joy of others.

amra
21 May 2010, 08:02 AM
You are very right, but a bee is always connected to the main hive of bees. Wherever he goes he is connected to his brother bees. Maybe this bee has a liking for the yellow crocus and shuns other flowers, it is a personal choice, maybe the bee likes the colour or the fragrance of such a flower. There may be other bees who are his friends and also like this flower but in the evening they all go back to the hive and be together. But the tragedy you may know about is that bees are dying out, and many other insects like wasps flies and locusts are increasing. so it is my proposal that the bees must for the moment forget about the different fragrances and colours of the flowers and work to gather the nectar from wherever they can.

darshansingh
05 August 2010, 06:00 PM
namaskar,
Obviously, history is not your best subject. Please read sikh history. Guru Nanak and all the other 9 gurus were all hindus. The first 5 'sikhs' or panj piyarya were all hindus.
:rolleyes:

Satay,

I am sure you are ready to claim Dhiren Bharot as also a hindu.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhiren_Barot

satay
06 August 2010, 09:06 AM
namaskar,

What does a terrorist have to do with the Gurus? Are you saying that guru gobind and the panch piyara were terrorists?

If the gurus were not hindus before sikhism was created then what were they? securlars, muslims, buddhists, what?

Satay,

I am sure you are ready to claim Dhiren Bharot as also a hindu.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhiren_Barot

darshansingh
06 August 2010, 10:44 AM
namaskar,
If the gurus were not hindus before sikhism was created then what were they? securlars, muslims, buddhists, what?

You didn't get my sarcasm. I will elaborate it.

You are willing to claim sikh gurus as hindus; because they were born hindus.

However, you are not willing to claim a terrorist as a hindu; if he was born hindu.

Now do you see the point.

People in their lifetime, have changes in their ideology. They may not remain the same person all their life. So, to call somebody Hindu just because he was born a hindu is not correct.

satay
06 August 2010, 11:48 AM
namaste,

So what were the gurus before guru gobind singh did sataphana of sikhism? What were they? Were they mullahs, buddhists, atheists...what?

My original point was that by birth they were hindu. You say, no?

You didn't get my sarcasm. I will elaborate it.

You are willing to claim sikh gurus as hindus; because they were born hindus.

However, you are not willing to claim a terrorist as a hindu; if he was born hindu.

Now do you see the point.

People in their lifetime, have changes in their ideology. They may not remain the same person all their life. So, to call somebody Hindu just because he was born a hindu is not correct.

darshansingh
06 August 2010, 12:24 PM
namaste,
My original point was that by birth they were hindu. You say, no?

Who said "no". Guru nanak was born to hindu parents. At jeneu ceremony, he refused to wear it. Gur Angad was a devi-bhagat before he found Nanak. Gurus 4-10 were born to disciples of Sikh gurus, so it may be incorrect to call them hindu. I don't know much about parents of five pyaras, but those who were willing to give their life at the whim of sikh guru, must have had good sikh background. I have stated the facts.

Now explain to me whats great deal about being born in certain religion, and not following it later.

If there is none, why waste each other's time.

satay
06 August 2010, 01:31 PM
namaste,
I don't think we are getting each other's point.

Fact: Sikhism was started by Guru Gobind singh. Thus using logic anyone that claims to be 'sikh' before sikhism was actually founded is a liar and is fooling him/herself. Using the same logic, saying that gurus that were born before Guru Gobindh Singh were 'sikhs' is a lie as there was no 'sikhism' before Gobindh singh created it with the first panch piyaras.

darshansingh
06 August 2010, 02:08 PM
namaste,
I don't think we are getting each other's point.
before Guru Gobindh Singh were 'sikhs' is a lie as there was no 'sikhism' before Gobindh singh created it with the first panch piyaras.

Let me first ask your source of knowledge. Have you read guru granth sahib.

Guru Amar Das: "Aao Sikh Satgur ke pyarion....."
I can show multiple quote for word sikh in bani of all gurus.

The word sikh was used by all the disciples of all the gurus. You call them liars.

Guru Gobind Singh made Khalsa - the sikh who follows 5 Ks.

See I get worked up reading your uneducated posts.

satay
06 August 2010, 04:00 PM
namaskar,

There is no point in getting worked up.

Learn the history of sikhism. Facts are facts. Guru Gobind started sikhism with five sikhs i.e. the panch piyaras.

Visit Punjab and talk to a real sikh living in a pind. Some sikh while he gives you a ride on his tractor can teach you better history about sikhism than you would ever want to learn.

Educate yourself about sikhism.

Let me first ask your source of knowledge. Have you read guru granth sahib.

Guru Amar Das: "Aao Sikh Satgur ke pyarion....."
I can show multiple quote for word sikh in bani of all gurus.

The word sikh was used by all the disciples of all the gurus. You call them liars.

Guru Gobind Singh made Khalsa - the sikh who follows 5 Ks.

See I get worked up reading your uneducated posts.

PARAM
04 March 2012, 03:21 AM
@DarshanSingh Gurus 4-10 were not Sikh officially, Sikhism was created by the very last Guru.

Sikh means decent, Sikhism was never a different faith outside or against Hinduism, Sri Guru grantha sahib teachs much devotion to Hari, and Hindu dieties are mentioned everywhere. Sri Guru Gobind Singhji founded 'Khalsa', an Army to fight against Islam. Sri Gobind Sing has mentioned everything, he offered prayers to Kaali Mata.

kv_rangan
23 June 2012, 02:27 AM
More on Sanatan Sikh Traditions (It is a warning, that People like Tat Khalsa Sardars will get offfended by the following link) please visit the following link.
http://www.sarbloh.info/
Here is an excerpt

Modern Sikh historians trace the origins of Sikhism back to Akali Guru Nanak (1469-1539). However, Sanatan (Traditional) Sikh orders - the Udasis, Nirmalas, Seva Panthis and Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa, think otherwise. These Guru-ordained groups, drawing upon the internal evidence from the three sacred Sikh scriptures - Adi Guru Durbar, Dasam Guru Durbar and Sarbloh Guru Durbar, trace the origins of Sikhism to before the beginning of time.
In the words of the first Sikh Guru, Akali Guru Nanak, Sikhism is that ineffable spiritual truth:
‘Truth before time began,
Truth when time began,
Is truth now, and,
Oh Nanak, will be the truth in the future.’
(‘Adi Guru Durbar’, Japji, Pa.1)

Hence, Sanatan Sikhs term their Dharma (spiritual path) as ‘Sanatan’, meaning the 'most ancient'.

That Dharma, which proceeds all things, the highest being, 'Nirankar' (Formless) God, Himself and no other. The 10 Sikh Gurus, the Sanatan traditions and Sanatan orders, all see Nirankar God and 'Sarbloh' (martial designation of God), as One and the same:
‘Traditions that are Sanatan are the ancient Dharma whose virtues the Vedas sing.
That [Sanatan] Brahm [all pervasive God] highest God,
Sarbloh, is known as king of all demigods.’
(‘Sarbloh Guru Durbar’, Vol. 2. Chapter Five, Pa.549) A further, more concrete definition of 'Sanatan' is given in Sarbloh Guru Durbar thus:
‘...Siri Sarbloh consider as Sanatan.’
(‘Sarbloh Guru Durbar’, Vol. 2. Chapter Five, Pa.196) Bhagat Kabir (a Muslim Indian saint whose works are found within the foremost Sikh scripture Adi Guru Durbar) speaks of how his mind, on seeing the one primordial Nirankar God, had become Sanatan:
‘From seeing angels of death [fearing death] now I see but Ram [Ramachandar/Nirankar God].
My suffering has fled and comfort taken abode [in my heart].
Those denying God [the five senses], have become noble [having acknowledged Nirankar God].
Now I have attained complete bliss.
I have been cooled [mind settled] when I appreciated Gobind [God].
In the body are found innumerable troubles.
Now, spontaneously in comfort, I am absorbed in God.
I have recognized my true self.
Now no ailment of the three fevers affects me.
Now my mind has changed and become Sanatan.
Now I appreciate [Truth] having died whilst alive [meaning being unaffected by temptations of the world].
Says Kabir, in comfort spontaneously be absorbed in God.
I fear no one, nor am I intimidated by anyone.’
(‘Adi Guru Durbar’, Raag Gauri, Pa.326-327) Now, this Sanatan Sikh Dharma is not a ‘religion’ in the modern sense, but it is the ineffable truth of which Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Sikh Guru writes:
‘According to one's intellect one expresses it [the truth] in a myriad of ways.’
(‘Dasam Guru Durbar’, Treh Charittar 104)

Go to that link. I must thank, Shri Beliverji for providing the link in Singh Sabas Demystified post.

dharamsingh
28 September 2012, 08:40 PM
I agree param, but I am Sikh and from hearing you say he was a devotee to Kali mata I disagree. He was the guru, guru's are stronger than the deities. Like Sri Krishna, he was one guru and obviously stronger than the rest of the gods/goddesses, same with Sri Ram/Vamana/Kalki/Sikh Gurus/Buddha/Matsya/Kurma ect.
Wrong Kamla. Krishna is Supreme in Guru Granth Sahib. He is the Greatest of the Greatest.

ਰਾਗੁ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%97%E0%A9%81) ਗਉੜੀ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%97%E0%A8%89%E0%A9%9C%E0%A9%80) ੧੧ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A9%A7%E0%A9%A7) ॥
रागु गउड़ी ११ ॥
Rāg ga▫oṛī 11.
Raag Gauree 11:
ਆਸ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%86%E0%A8%B8) ਪਾਸ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AA%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%B8) ਘਨ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%98%E0%A8%A8) ਤੁਰਸੀ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%A4%E0%A9%81%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%B8%E0%A9%80) ਕਾ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%95%E0%A8%BE) ਬਿਰਵਾ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AC%E0%A8%BF%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%B5%E0%A8%BE) ਮਾਝ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AE%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%9D) ਬਨਾ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AC%E0%A8%A8%E0%A8%BE) ਰਸਿ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%B8%E0%A8%BF) ਗਾਊਂ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%97%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%8A%E0%A8%82) ਰੇ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B0%E0%A9%87) ॥
आस पास घन तुरसी का बिरवा माझ बना रसि गाऊं रे ॥
Ās pās gẖan ṯursī kā birvā mājẖ banā ras gā▫ūʼn re.
All around, there are thick bushes of sweet basil, and there in the midst of the forest, the Lord is singing with joy.
ਉਆ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%89%E0%A8%86) ਕਾ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%95%E0%A8%BE) ਸਰੂਪੁ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B8%E0%A8%B0%E0%A9%82%E0%A8%AA%E0%A9%81) ਦੇਖਿ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%A6%E0%A9%87%E0%A8%96%E0%A8%BF) ਮੋਹੀ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AE%E0%A9%8B%E0%A8%B9%E0%A9%80) ਗੁਆਰਨਿ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%97%E0%A9%81%E0%A8%86%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%A8%E0%A8%BF) ਮੋ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AE%E0%A9%8B) ਕਉ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%95%E0%A8%89) ਛੋਡਿ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%9B%E0%A9%8B%E0%A8%A1%E0%A8%BF) ਨ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%A8) ਆਉ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%86%E0%A8%89) ਨ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%A8) ਜਾਹੂ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%9C%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%B9%E0%A9%82) ਰੇ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B0%E0%A9%87) ॥੧॥
उआ का सरूपु देखि मोही गुआरनि मो कउ छोडि न आउ न जाहू रे ॥१॥
U▫ā kā sarūp ḏekẖ mohī gu▫āran mo ka▫o cẖẖod na ā▫o na jāhū re. ||1||
Beholding His wondrous beauty, the milk-maid was entranced, and said, "Please don't leave me; please don't come and go!"||1||
ਤੋਹਿ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%A4%E0%A9%8B%E0%A8%B9%E0%A8%BF) ਚਰਨ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%9A%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%A8) ਮਨੁ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AE%E0%A8%A8%E0%A9%81) ਲਾਗੋ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B2%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%97%E0%A9%8B) ਸਾਰਿੰਗਧਰ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B8%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%BF%E0%A9%B0%E0%A8%97%E0%A8%A7%E0%A8%B0) ॥
तोहि चरन मनु लागो सारिंगधर ॥
Ŧohi cẖaran man lāgo sāringḏẖar.
My mind is attached to Your Feet, O Archer of the Universe;
ਸੋ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B8%E0%A9%8B) ਮਿਲੈ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AE%E0%A8%BF%E0%A8%B2%E0%A9%88) ਜੋ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%9C%E0%A9%8B) ਬਡਭਾਗੋ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AC%E0%A8%A1%E0%A8%AD%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%97%E0%A9%8B) ॥੧॥ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A5%A5%E0%A9%A7%E0%A5%A5) ਰਹਾਉ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%B9%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%89) ॥
सो मिलै जो बडभागो ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
So milai jo badbẖāgo. ||1|| rahā▫o.
he alone meets You, who is blessed by great good fortune. ||1||Pause||
ਬਿੰਦ੍ਰਾਬਨ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AC%E0%A8%BF%E0%A9%B0%E0%A8%A6%E0%A9%8D%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%AC%E0 %A8%A8) ਮਨ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AE%E0%A8%A8) ਹਰਨ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B9%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%A8) ਮਨੋਹਰ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AE%E0%A8%A8%E0%A9%8B%E0%A8%B9%E0%A8%B0) ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%95%E0%A9%8D%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%BF%E0%A8%B8%E0%A8%A8) ਚਰਾਵਤ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%9A%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%B5%E0%A8%A4) ਗਾਊ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%97%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%8A) ਰੇ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B0%E0%A9%87) ॥
बिंद्राबन मन हरन मनोहर क्रिसन चरावत गाऊ रे ॥
Binḏrāban man haran manohar krisan cẖarāvaṯ gā▫ū re.
In Brindaaban, where Krishna grazes his cows, he entices and fascinates my mind.
ਜਾ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%9C%E0%A8%BE) ਕਾ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%95%E0%A8%BE) ਠਾਕੁਰੁ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%A0%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%95%E0%A9%81%E0%A8%B0%E0%A9%81) ਤੁਹੀ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%A4%E0%A9%81%E0%A8%B9%E0%A9%80) ਸਾਰਿੰਗਧਰ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B8%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%BF%E0%A9%B0%E0%A8%97%E0%A8%A7%E0%A8%B0) ਮੋਹਿ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AE%E0%A9%8B%E0%A8%B9%E0%A8%BF) ਕਬੀਰਾ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%95%E0%A8%AC%E0%A9%80%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%BE) ਨਾਊ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%A8%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%8A) ਰੇ (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%B0%E0%A9%87) ॥੨॥੨॥੧੫॥੬੬॥
जा का ठाकुरु तुही सारिंगधर मोहि कबीरा नाऊ रे ॥२॥२॥१५॥६६॥
Jā kā ṯẖākur ṯuhī sāringḏẖar mohi kabīrā nā▫ū re. ||2||2||15||66||
You are my Lord Master, the Archer of the Universe; my name is Kabeer. ||2||2||15||66||

Guru Angad did worship Devi before he met Guru Nanak. I am not too familiar with his writings in Guru Granth Sahib.

ShivaIsLord
09 October 2012, 08:15 PM
As far as I know, Guru Nanak Dev Ji never intended to start a new religion . . . he was just teaching people how to be decent people. He considered himself a Hindu (or whatever word you like to use in place of 'Hindu'). In fact, I think most religious founders (apart from Muhammad and some of the newer ones) started out like that. Just teaching how to be a good person; not intending to start a huge new religion.