PDA

View Full Version : Hallo und Bonjour....

Prussian Princess
29 April 2010, 12:33 PM
Greetings to all of you....I am new to this Hindu religion. I am originally Roman Catholic as I am an European. I am here for many reasons, one...I am not Indian or Sri Lankan,..I am regular European woman. So, I have many questions about Hindu religion....

I have been a devotte to Jesus Christ all of my life., but something strange that I cannot explaine is happening for all my life. I keep having dreams and visions of your Hindu Gods and Goddesses....they tell me things and show me around places...its like my soul is going out of my body with them. This is very strange to me.....they keep coming to me and asking if I remember certian things about a life I lived once before...and show me though cities and villages that I have never seen in my life.

There is always three always with me. One of them is a man who looks like an eliphant, the other man is occompanied with a Tiger, they call each other ''brothers''.

Then there is two woman who is there, One of the womans name is Tara...and the other I dont know, but I think Laxmi, or Lashmi or something like that.

This Tara takes me to a place where a river is, and the river is near a mountain, and she is friendly and askes how my life is doing in this life, and walk all around the river....I feel peace with this river.

Maybe somebody tells me what all this means....I dont know about this Hindu religion.

Thanks, Prussian....:)

Eastern Mind
29 April 2010, 09:29 PM
Vannakkam PP:

I am wondering if you could choose a different color for your font as I am having difficulty seeing it. I am an old man and am going blind I think. Just a humble request. Perhaps I can change it on my end but I don't know how.

Aum namasivaya

Ashvati
29 April 2010, 10:06 PM
The elephant man sounds like Ganesha, and the other with the tiger I'm not so sure about. My first guess would be skanda/karttikeya, since he actually is regarded as Ganesha's brother, but I don't think he's actually asociated with the tiger.

So, Nayasurya (assuming you're reading this), how many is this now in the same week? Three?

NayaSurya
29 April 2010, 10:53 PM
Welcome<3

Tara is actually Buddhist, so this may help you?

As for the other things perhaps this is more of a metaphor to help you.

Three is a very important number...and also the river...each of us use one to connect with God.

Each name of God has it's own individual route to the sea of bliss<3

Some are very twisty and have many obstacles. Such is the path of one who stumbles upon the truth of SD.

So many do find their way back.

devotee
30 April 2010, 01:08 AM
Namaste PP,

Welcome to this forum ! :)

May I request to you, as EM did, to please use dark color for your font to make it readable ?

OM

anupj
30 April 2010, 01:31 AM
Namaste Prussian Princess,
welcome to this forum, and i hope your time on this forum will be full of learning, fun and happiness. I also request you to change your font colour so the text becomes more legible to our members.

pranam

PS: EM and others, you can read the post by highlighting the entire text by dragging the mouse over it for the time being. Or second option is to quote her post and then read in the reply to topic page. But if she changes the font then it will be much better :)

upsydownyupsy mv ss
30 April 2010, 01:51 AM
The elephant man sounds like Ganesha, and the other with the tiger I'm not so sure about. My first guess would be skanda/karttikeya, since he actually is regarded as Ganesha's brother, but I don't think he's actually asociated with the tiger.

So, Nayasurya (assuming you're reading this), how many is this now in the same week? Three?

Ashvati... I think the brother of Ganesha associated with Tiger is Ayyappa[as he is the Hara-Hari(mohini) putra]. But, I dont see much difference between Shanmukha and Ayappa. Anyways, good luck PP. And one more thing I want to make sure u understand.... since you are new to hinduism, I want to make sure that you know, ours is monotheism, not polytheism, this is so from the texts Vedas, Puranas and Bhagavatha Geeta. There are many classes in Hinduism, Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Shaktaism, Smarthism(I belong to this class), Ganapathaites and others. So, don't get confused with different opinions, or you will come to the impression, Hinduism is 'a comic book religion' which is wrong.

Eastern Mind
30 April 2010, 06:06 AM
[quote=anupj;43386]Namaste Prussian Princess,
welcome to this forum, and i hope your time on this forum will be full of learning, fun and happiness. I also request you to change your font colour so the text becomes more legible to our members.

pranam

PS: EM and others, you can read the post by highlighting the entire text by dragging the mouse over it for the time being. Or second option is to quote her post and then read in the reply to topic page. But if she changes the font then it will be much better :)[/quote

Vannakkam anupj: Thank you. Didn't realise that.

Aum Namasivaya

devotee
30 April 2010, 06:43 AM
Vannakkam anupj: Thank you. Didn't realise that.

I knew this ... and read doing that .... but why use such irritating font at all when better options are available ? You write here so that others read it ... so why not make it convenient for them ?

OM

LALKAR
30 April 2010, 08:41 AM
Welcome Prussian Princess (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/member.php?u=1782) vbmenu_register("postmenu_43368", true);

Om Ganeshay nm

NayaSurya G, Tara is actually a Hindu name of a Goddess that was adopted in Buddhism, Just as describing buddha increation of Vishnu. In Sahajyan sect Shiv Mahadev was accepted this dose not make Shiva as buddhist

goodlife
30 April 2010, 10:56 AM
Hi and welcome

out of curiosity, you said you know nothing about sanatan dharma and yet you knew the deities you saw in your dreams were Hindu. kinda strange!

could you share how did you arrive at that conclusion and if you have been exposed to Hindu dharm before and how.

thanks

Stephen
30 April 2010, 11:42 AM
Namaste, Prussian Princess!

Prussian Princess
30 April 2010, 12:24 PM
Hi and welcome

out of curiosity, you said you know nothing about sanatan dharma and yet you knew the deities you saw in your dreams were Hindu. kinda strange!

could you share how did you arrive at that conclusion and if you have been exposed to Hindu dharm before and how.

thanks

Well, I knew they were Hindu after I researched the symbols online, and googled there appearance online and what they had said to me, then all always came back os Hindu.

All I am saying is that these Gods visit me in dreams at least 3 times a month, with at least 3 Gods present. Always showing me around places I have never seen before in my life. I just dont understand this meaning.

Prussian Princess
30 April 2010, 12:27 PM

YESSSSS..!!!! Genesha is his name..!!!!...and in the dreams, always he is sitting on a thrown, like in a temple...and then there are candles near him. I also always bow and fall to his feet.

Strange thing, I am always me, but looking like someone else.

Prussian Princess
30 April 2010, 12:30 PM
Welcome<3

As for the other things perhaps this is more of a metaphor to help you.

Three is a very important number...and also the river...each of us use one to connect with God.

Each name of God has it's own individual route to the sea of bliss<3

Some are very twisty and have many obstacles. Such is the path of one who stumbles upon the truth of SD.

So many do find their way back.

The river is always near a mountain, and this river is always the same, I always visit the river with Tara each time. She always points out across the river toward the mountain, I am not sure what is on the other side of the mountain, but it is something great.

Prussian Princess
30 April 2010, 12:33 PM
Ashvati... I think the brother of Ganesha associated with Tiger is Ayyappa[as he is the Hara-Hari(mohini) putra]. But, I dont see much difference between Shanmukha and Ayappa. Anyways, good luck PP. And one more thing I want to make sure u understand.... since you are new to hinduism, I want to make sure that you know, ours is monotheism, not polytheism, this is so from the texts Vedas, Puranas and Bhagavatha Geeta. There are many classes in Hinduism, Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Shaktaism, Smarthism(I belong to this class), Ganapathaites and others. So, don't get confused with different opinions, or you will come to the impression, Hinduism is 'a comic book religion' which is wrong.

Hahaha..all I know is that I am frequently visited by these Gods and Goddess, who want me to worship them, and never forget them.....:)

Even though I am not Hindu, I dont think I understand why they request this of me.

smaranam
01 May 2010, 07:37 PM
..all I know is that I am frequently visited by these Gods and Goddess, who want me to worship them, and never forget them.....:)

Even though I am not Hindu, I dont think I understand why they request this of me.

Namaste Princess. Bonjour.

You are Hindu eternally. Everyone belongs to Sanaatan Dharma - the Eternal Religion. What you are seeing is led by your saMskAr - impressions from past lives and your past actions result in shaping your present life. The same holds within one life. This is the law of karma and reincarnation, whether one believes it or not.

The devtAs (Gods) that are guiding you - its very nice of them
- they give us free will, what we do afterwards. See, as you automatically started searching on Hindu Dharma already. If you let go of these precious moments , they will not bother you again.

If you focus on Lord GaNesh or Devi (Shakti), it will take you further on your path if you are interested.

You will find guidance here if you are interested. There are specific folders for each specific aspect of Sanatan Dharma.

Welcome.

P.S. By the way the river and mountain sound like Ganga and the Himalayas - Kailash is the abode of Lord Shiva.

Eastern Mind
01 May 2010, 08:01 PM
YESSSSS..!!!! Genesha is his name..!!!!...and in the dreams, always he is sitting on a thrown, like in a temple...and then there are candles near him. I also always bow and fall to his feet.

Strange thing, I am always me, but looking like someone else.

Vannakam PP:

Thanks BTW for changing the font colour.

Ganesha (Pronounced Gunaysha) is the God who can work the most closely with this world. He is easy to contact mystically. Some of the others (vibrations) really are a bit more difficult. He sits at the base of the spine firmly on the first chakra, or muladhara chakra. He helps us out in so many seen and unseen ways it is remarkable. Most people come into contact with him first, and in many ways he is the Gatekeeper to Sanatana Dharma. He has many powers often shown in His form, such as the noose to grag you along the path and the goas to give you a gentle nudge in the right direction when spiritually you need it.

There are Ganesha shrines everywhere in India. The closest to you I believe is in Paris.

In your dream, is he white marble, flesh (human) coloured, or black granite?

Aum Namasivaya

Prussian Princess
02 May 2010, 01:00 PM
Namaste Princess. Bonjour.

You are Hindu eternally. Everyone belongs to Sanaatan Dharma - the Eternal Religion. What you are seeing is led by your saMskAr - impressions from past lives and your past actions result in shaping your present life. The same holds within one life. This is the law of karma and reincarnation, whether one believes it or not.

The devtAs (Gods) that are guiding you - its very nice of them
- they give us free will, what we do afterwards. See, as you automatically started searching on Hindu Dharma already. If you let go of these precious moments , they will not bother you again.

If you focus on Lord GaNesh or Devi (Shakti), it will take you further on your path if you are interested.

You will find guidance here if you are interested. There are specific folders for each specific aspect of Sanatan Dharma.

Welcome.

P.S. By the way the river and mountain sound like Ganga and the Himalayas - Kailash is the abode of Lord Shiva.

I believe in my heart that these Gods and Goddess has meant something to me as special in my past life. Everytime I see these Gods image I become filled with peace. They always ask me if '' I remember'' and '' Do Not forget''
to me, this says that they do not want me to forget them.

Is it possible that my past life was Hindu..???...How could they remember me..???....

Prussian Princess
02 May 2010, 01:12 PM
Vannakam PP:

Thanks BTW for changing the font colour.

Ganesha (Pronounced Gunaysha) is the God who can work the most closely with this world. He is easy to contact mystically. Some of the others (vibrations) really are a bit more difficult. He sits at the base of the spine firmly on the first chakra, or muladhara chakra. He helps us out in so many seen and unseen ways it is remarkable. Most people come into contact with him first, and in many ways he is the Gatekeeper to Sanatana Dharma. He has many powers often shown in His form, such as the noose to grag you along the path and the goas to give you a gentle nudge in the right direction when spiritually you need it.

There are Ganesha shrines everywhere in India. The closest to you I believe is in Paris.

In your dream, is he white marble, flesh (human) coloured, or black granite?

Aum Namasivaya

He was in the color of flesh, and was visable to me like a person, but sitting above me like he was in a temple and he seemed happy, and then standing beside me was a man with a Tiger, and when I turned aside he he looked me in my face and said ''Puja......Do not Forget''....then the Tiger said ''Punja''. Then they turned away and walked away..then I was lead to the middle of a village, where this Ganesha put gold bangles upon my wrist and adorned my neck in gold. There was some type of designs on my feet in red, like vines. I was wearing traditional Indian clothing, with Sari.

I knew I was myself because I knew my soul, and I reconised this village. There were people parading and cheering in the streets.

Strange for me, it feels like India is a place I remember, and as a child I would always have flash backs of this.

Could this all be in my head..???....:dunno:

Stephen
04 May 2010, 02:40 PM
>Originally Posted by NayaSurya http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43381#post43381)
Welcome<3

>Tara is actually Buddhist, so this may help you

Actually there is a Hindu Tara. She is one of the Ten Mahavidyas probably in the Shakta tradition. There is also an Ugra Tara temple in Assam. I don't know if Ugra Tara is the same as Tara of the Ten Mahavidyas.

Stephen

smaranam
04 May 2010, 03:31 PM
Is it possible that my past life was Hindu..???

Namaste

Yes, and you are Hindu in your present life too.

...How could they remember me..???....

They remember everyone, but especially pay attention to their devotees.

In Bhagavd Gita, the Supreme Lord, Krishna , says that He remembers each birth of all living entities. Actually its funny to say 'remembers', because He is omniscient , omnipotent, God, so He knows is a better word.

All devtAs look over certain angles and aspects of spirituality. Like Lord GaNesh is the God of Wisdom and Remover of Obstacles - 'Vighna hartA'.

You will find devotees of Ganesh, Shiva and Shakti (Goddess) on this forum who can guide you further.

Yes, you certainly don't want to forget the devtAs, and its Their great mercy that they have reminded you. That does not mean abandoning your present faith. Just embracing and accepting and following where they lead you - as its all part of the eternal ONE.

Hope that helps a bit.

ScottMalaysia
05 May 2010, 02:10 AM
There is always three always with me. One of them is a man who looks like an eliphant, the other man is occompanied with a Tiger, they call each other ''brothers''.Yes, Lord Ayyappan rides on a tiger.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gZZdrnR8ZDY/SxviO4Lm0aI/AAAAAAAAGSk/FaPje-bTp3I/s400/ayyappa-2.jpg

Lord Ganesha (the elephant-headed God) is the son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Lord Ayyappan is the son of Lord Shiva and Mohini-Murti, the female incarnation of the God Vishnu. He is worshipped at a special temple dedicated to Him in Sabarimala, in the south Indian state of Kerala.

but I think Laxmi, or Lashmi or something like that.She is Mother Lakshmi.
http://www.yogausa.com/images/goddess-Lakshmi.jpg

when I turned aside he he looked me in my face and said ''Puja......Do not Forget''Puja, if you didn't know, refers to ritualistic worship. If you want to know how to perform Ganesha Puja, I'll send you a guide.

I do not see anything wrong with being a devotee of Jesus Christ. Lord Krishna says the following in the Bhagavad-Gita:

"Whatever form any devotee with faith wishes to worship, I make that faith of his steady. Endowed with that faith, he engages in the worship of that form, and from it obtains his desires, which are actually being ordained by Me" (Bhagavad-Gita 7:21-22)

If you worship Jesus with faith, you are actually worshipping God, because Jesus is a form of God. I have produced two YouTube videos about connections between Jesus and Krishna (Christ/Krishna, the name is similar, right?) and the fact that Jesus may have travelled to India during his teeange and early adult years (there is an 18 year gap in Luke's Gospel - we hear about Jesus at age 12 and then in the next chapter He is age 30).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSMyCcmNkfk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dITFJQ-YV_w

Ashvati
05 May 2010, 11:15 AM
There are also some hindus I remember reading who include Jesus as one of Vishnu's avatars.

Eastern Mind
05 May 2010, 06:53 PM
There are also some hindus I remember reading who include Jesus as one of Vishnu's avatars.

Vannakam: And there are also Hindus like me that don't believe Christ existed. It has no bearing on Sanatana Dharma whatsoever. We might as well find a tribal group of Amazonian natives.

Aum Namasivaya

Ashvati
05 May 2010, 09:50 PM
'eh, I just thought she might be interested to know that.

Eastern Mind
06 May 2010, 06:57 AM
'eh, I just thought she might be interested to know that.

Vannakkam:

As did I, in saying what I said. SD is so vast with so many different POVs which is also part of any good intro to it.

Aum Namasivaya

Prussian Princess
06 May 2010, 04:21 PM
Yes, Lord Ayyappan rides on a tiger.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gZZdrnR8ZDY/SxviO4Lm0aI/AAAAAAAAGSk/FaPje-bTp3I/s400/ayyappa-2.jpg

Lord Ganesha (the elephant-headed God) is the son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Lord Ayyappan is the son of Lord Shiva and Mohini-Murti, the female incarnation of the God Vishnu. He is worshipped at a special temple dedicated to Him in Sabarimala, in the south Indian state of Kerala.

She is Mother Lakshmi.
http://www.yogausa.com/images/goddess-Lakshmi.jpg

Puja, if you didn't know, refers to ritualistic worship. If you want to know how to perform Ganesha Puja, I'll send you a guide.

I do not see anything wrong with being a devotee of Jesus Christ. Lord Krishna says the following in the Bhagavad-Gita:

"Whatever form any devotee with faith wishes to worship, I make that faith of his steady. Endowed with that faith, he engages in the worship of that form, and from it obtains his desires, which are actually being ordained by Me" (Bhagavad-Gita 7:21-22)

If you worship Jesus with faith, you are actually worshipping God, because Jesus is a form of God. I have produced two YouTube videos about connections between Jesus and Krishna (Christ/Krishna, the name is similar, right?) and the fact that Jesus may have travelled to India during his teeange and early adult years (there is an 18 year gap in Luke's Gospel - we hear about Jesus at age 12 and then in the next chapter He is age 30).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSMyCcmNkfk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dITFJQ-YV_w

I cannot believe my eyes.....:eek:..!!!!!!....The man on the Tiger looks very simular in comparison to the man o the Tiger in my dreams and visions. I am so glad of this. This is most enlightning to me......

Ashvati
06 May 2010, 09:23 PM
Have you ever tried asking direct questions to the Devas and Devis you see in your dreams?

Prussian Princess
19 May 2010, 09:52 AM
Have you ever tried asking direct questions to the Devas and Devis you see in your dreams?

I have never tried asking direct questions, they just seem to guide me around, like to locations that I remember. I remember as a small child and growing up I would frequently see images of these dieties and get really happy...:)

Believer
05 July 2010, 05:28 PM
Vannakam: And there are also Hindus like me that don't believe Christ existed. It has no bearing on Sanatana Dharma whatsoever. We might as well find a tribal group of Amazonian natives.

Aum Namasivaya

+1
Looks like the OP is taking people for a ride!
Pretty vivid and bizarre dreams, I would say!!

Banarasi
01 June 2013, 10:19 PM
Hi My two cents here:

If it is indeed Ayyapan, then the mountains maybe the Shabarimalai and Tara is also the name of Vali's (a powerful monkey king in the Ramayana) wife and is one of the most revered female personalities in Hinduism who is known for her knowledge and immediately recognizes Lord Shrirama as God even in the sad state of finding her husband killed by Shri Rama.

Shabarimalai does have mountains and forests and has the Pampa river Shabarimalai is named after Shabari - a great bhakta of Shri Rama. Aso, the monkey capital of Kishkinda (according to my knowledge) is in South India not far from Shabarimalai.

I hope this helps in your quest. If you google some of the places and names, you may get images of villages that you may/may not recognize.

Jai SitaRama

Banarasi