PDA

View Full Version : Maitreyi Brahmana of Yajavalkya

yajvan
16 September 2006, 10:04 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namasate sadhu,

Brahmarishi Yajavalkya talks to one of his wife's Maitreyi, as she asks him for guidence on Brahman. In this valli or sukta 5, he basically says all love is directed to the SELF. " Its not for the love of the husband my dear is the husband dear to his wife, but for the love of the self". Yajavalkya points this out for the love of sons, wealth, worlds, gods, etc. 9 subjects he points to. All this in essence is the love for the SELF.

What I found of interest, the author, in the case, Swami Sivananda talks for a few paragrahs on love. I found it quiet interesting: the love or hate one has for an object, situation, etc. is also the same love to become one with the SELF. The urge or desire for the indivudal to merge with the universal apparently has two forms, say Sivananda. With love, one wants to merge oneself with the objects of love, and remove any duality.
With hate, the same is true, as one wants to destroy or obliterate the distinct individuality of the object of hate, and come to no duality also.

How curious this is! two sides of the same coin. When the object is gone then there is no duality, because their is only the subject. But when they both are gone , total non-duality exists. What is left is this Fullness ( Bhuma or Plenum is suggested by Sivananda).