PDA

View Full Version : New member of the forum

Gill Harley
30 March 2006, 09:56 AM
Hello all

My name is Gill Harley and I live in the UK. I've been following the spiritual path for more than 30 years and I look forward to having many interesting discussions with you all.

I have some knowledge of the Vedas but I've also studied Judaeo-Christianity and have read many sacred stories or scriptures including the Egyptian Hermetica, the Celtic stories (both Irish and Welsh) and the Sumerian legends like Gilgamesh and the Descent of Ishtar.

I mainly read them not to spot their differences, but to see what they all have in common, which is considerable. In fact, I'm finding their similarities are far greater than their differences and I'm beginning to believe that they all came originally from the same source, possibly Vedic. I believe that these stories, or myths, spread across from India and travelled throughout Mesopotamia, Egypt and Greece - and then finally Europe.

I also practice meditation, and have been a celibate vegetarian for the past eight years.

I'd be very interesting in talking to anyone who is interested in the commonalities of religions and the source of all spirituality.

satay
30 March 2006, 10:22 AM
I mainly read them not to spot their differences, but to see what they all have in common, which is considerable. In fact, I'm finding their similarities are far greater than their differences and I'm beginning to believe that they all came originally from the same source, possibly Vedic. I believe that these stories, or myths, spread across from India and travelled throughout Mesopotamia, Egypt and Greece - and then finally Europe.

I'd be very interesting in talking to anyone who is interested in the commonalities of religions and the source of all spirituality.

namaste Gill,

I request you to post some of the stuff that you have studied about other religions under their appropriate forums here...e.g. about judaism. I would be very helpful for the other readers of the forum to find out these similarities.

Please share...

satay

Gill Harley
31 March 2006, 04:47 AM
Will do, Satay!:)