PDA

View Full Version : Durga Devi the warrior Goddess saved me

Hiwaunis
03 May 2010, 10:38 PM
Pranam,
I just wanted to take this opportunity to share a little battle that I was involve in with my apartment complex. Before I decided to fight this battle I prayed to my beloved Mata Durga for guidance. Being the fortress that she is She has protected me.

Take a look at this. http://www.kens5.com/home/Cash-for-channels-92554754.html.

I don't have a lot of money but I always seem to have a lot of money. I've always maintained the thought that I abide in Mata Laxmi and she abides in me. Well recently my apartment complex wanted to charge me for cable TV services even though I did not want cable. This is the new trend in America now. The thought of someone trying to take my Mata Laxmi made me feel as if I were Durga Devi. So I fought and won!

Jai, Jai Durga Maa, Jai, Jai Adi Shakti Maa!
Namaste,

NayaSurya
04 May 2010, 04:54 AM
That is awesome!

Hiwaunis
04 May 2010, 04:58 PM
That is awesome!

Pranam,
Thanks. But I don't want anyone to think that I used my religion in this way. It was the TV station idea to introduce my Hindu religion. I was approaching the situation as being Un-American, unethical and unrighteous.

Although this kind of deceitfulness is sooooooo American.

Namaste,

p.s.
Isn't Mother Laxmi so cute!http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Eastern Mind
04 May 2010, 05:17 PM
Vannakkam:

I'm glad you won your battle in a small way, Hiwaunis. But in the bigger picture, we all pay for things we ourselves don't need. Large sports teams get the government to help build arenas. the auto industry gets government bailout, the government gives to charities we don't support., wars are fought with taxpayers money. I don't want my money going to killing any more that you want your money going to the cable company.

People without kids pay education tax. People without cars pay tax to build roads.

But in the bigger picture we all have little choice other than to vote for a candidate that is most like our own world view.

Such is the Kali Yuga.

Too bad there wasn't some kind of universal user-pay system. Let the war-mongers pay for it. Let the football fans pay, and make the purchase of a car come with a tax for the road.

Aum Namasivaya

Ashvati
04 May 2010, 05:25 PM
Woot! Fight the idiot-box! :D

Hiwaunis
04 May 2010, 05:26 PM
Vannakkam:

I'm glad you won your battle in a small way, Hiwaunis. But in the bigger picture, we all pay for things we ourselves don't need. Large sports teams get the government to help build arenas. the auto industry gets government bailout, the government gives to charities we don't support., wars are fought with taxpayers money. I don't want my money going to killing any more that you want your money going to the cable company.

People without kids pay education tax. People without cars pay tax to build roads.

But in the bigger picture we all have little choice other than to vote for a candidate that is most like our own world view.

Such is the Kali Yuga.

Too bad there wasn't some kind of universal user-pay system. Let the war-mongers pay for it. Let the football fans pay, and make the purchase of a car come with a tax for the road.

Aum Namasivaya

Pranam EM,
Some times you will state the obvious and it will "rattle my cage". The thought of funding wars scare me. Does this mean we yet have more Karma to work off or somehow burn? Om DurgaDevi will it ever end!?!
Namaste,

Eastern Mind
04 May 2010, 06:05 PM
Vannakkam:

I'm sorry for rattling your cage with a healthy dose of reality. Yes, there are group karmas whether we like it or not, but praying I believe can lessen that group karma somewhat.
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif
Aum Namasivaya

NayaSurya
04 May 2010, 06:43 PM
Do not be too fearful of something you had no control over.

Group Karma usually works itself out in the group context, unfortunately sometimes this will involve individuals but it's more group related. If a country causes an unjust war that kills innocents, that country as a whole will face karma. That country may become unrespected and it's economy will ruin...which would cause crime to break out amongst it's citizens.

This could affect you directly, but then again...it may not.

Others who are directly related to such a war. Such as a president who allowed others to lie and say that there was a good reason, when he knew there was none. This is the one who faces the full force of such karma.

Others, it may be as simple as loosing a job.

Truly, if you fought, spoke out against such war and refused to participate in any way directly. This person is probably the least affected.

It reminds me of the disease on my hyacinth bulbs. The bulbs that were closest to the diseased bulbs died and shriveled up...but the further away from the disease you go...the higher chances of the survival of those flowers. Which is a very good reason to distance yourself from certain aspects of the gross physical reality.

hugs<3