PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Synchronicities

Einherjar
05 May 2010, 03:11 PM
I've always been intrigued as to how Hinduism seemingly forces itself into my life in one way or another whenever my spiritual life has been lacking.

Some of you might remember from my initial introduction post here about how I was actually first introduced to the actual tennets of our wonderful tradition. I had a dream one night where the name of the Bhagavad-Gita endlessly repeated through my head when I'd heard the name mentioned 3 or 4 times previously in my life and had not been thinking about it recently, woke up with it stuck in my head and immediately went out and bought a copy

Recently I had another similarly interesting experience, yet it involved a friend of mine who is agnostic with atheistic leanings. We were hanging out at her sister's house where she's living and we hadn't seen each other in a few months. So we were catching up and just talking about what was new with each other... I showed her a new tattoo I'd done on myself of the Aum symbol a few days prior. She had absolutely no clue what the symbol was so I told her about it.

A couple of minutes after that it seemed like something kind of clicked in her head and she goes "So THATS what that is..." and pulled out a bracelet she had found in her things when she moved from her mom's to her sisters. She's talked to everyone in her family about it and no one has any clue where it came from. But its a bracelet composed of rectangular pieces of wood with different pictures on them. There were a couple that had Aum on them and the rest were various pictures of Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesha, and Krishna. She'd been wearing it because she thought it was a cute bracelet without having any clue as to what it actually represented.

Maybe I'm just seeing patterns where I would like to, but when things like this happen it makes me smile. Does anyone else have some similar stories they would like to share?

Eastern Mind
05 May 2010, 04:11 PM
Vannakkam: Not a story, because nothing like that ever happens to me... more just an explanation.

The conscious mind and the subconscious mind or deeper yet superconscious mind can often be operating on two different levels. So your conscious mind was in the area where her subconscious was. Within an individual, the two can be in conflict so you get these offbeat contradictory statements sometimes like "I don't believe in reincarnation (conscious and Christian) but maybe next lifetime I will. (subconscious and Hindu)

Just a thought or two.

But on the Aum thing, I have had people tell me that it was some symbol that it wasn't like, "Oh that's a version of the 'Peace' symbol, and then become quite adamant about it. I find that funny.

Aum Namasivaya