PDA

View Full Version : Bold leader

rkpande
08 May 2010, 12:47 AM
dear freinds

here is what the Australian pm has to say, i wish indian leaders can also muster courage to say things like this.

Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's speech is down below.
"Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.. angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. 'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!' 'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

isavasya
08 May 2010, 01:28 AM
dear freinds

here is what the Australian pm has to say, i wish indian leaders can also muster courage to say things like this.

Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's speech is down below.
"Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.. angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.

Namaste sir,

This is a very good move by Australian Pm because a country should be run on common civil code, and many times we have seen shariya law brainwashes Muslims and makes them intolerant towards other faiths. As long as a country treats every citizen with equal rights it goes in the right direction. India should also enforce common civil code, put population restriction measures on extremely fast growing muslim population. Common civil code, will make people of this country more patriotic. As far as I have seen, illegal infiltration by bangladeshi muslims has already begun to wreck havoc in many parts of India, and most of the time, they live isolated in pockets of our country having a very extremist Islamic view and they are well supported by some of our own political parties. So if anything I will like to see most in Indian constitution , it is banning polygamy which only Muslims have got the permission to practice in India, Muslim divorce law which is a curse for women and many such things. All these can be achieved by enforcing common civil code. Also we should also have spy agency to monitor the activities that happen in mosques and huriyat type separatist organizations.

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.

In india, government takes the money donated to temples and funds them to Christians and muslims for construction of churches and mosques . Muslims get hujj subsidy (over 900 crore). I dont know when this ant-hindu stand of Indian government will come to a end, in fact India being one of the only country where hinduism has majority, Indian government should take steps to preserve it rather than make all sorts of barriers in its growth.

saidevo
08 May 2010, 03:08 AM
namate.

Here is the story behind the speech attributed to the Astralian PM and is doing the rounds on the Net:
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/84-6.shtml
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/australia.asp

Eastern Mind
08 May 2010, 07:52 AM
Vannakkam:

This is a slippery slope. I agree that extremists who do not wish to live by Australian law should either leave or accept the laws. But what about all the not so extreme groups? Like HINDUS? When the prime minister makes such a blatant speech, I feel he opens the door to racism and the nastiness that comes with it. The average Australian doesn't know the difference between a radical Muslim and a peace loving Hindu.

I think he should have been much more clear about who he was after. Not only that, but if Australia 'belongs' to anyone, its the aboriginals, not the British Christian invaders. There is a fairly nasty history there I believe, as there was in Canada. Here we get the same argument by white supremist groups: "This is a Christian country."

As for India taking the same stance, it would most definitely mean that people like myself wouldn't be welcomed. I don't speak Hindi and I'm white. I do agree that there should be some work done such as letting ther temples keep the money given to them. Either that or take over control of mosques and churches as well. Fair is fair.

So where is the middle and just ground?

Aum Namasivaya