PDA

View Full Version : upapada lagna

psha85
09 May 2010, 01:20 PM
Namaste-

I am a beginner of jyotish so I need few clarifications on calculating upapada lagna in my own chart. My first UL (UL1) was in Virgo but that relation has already ended last year due to parental opposition (I believe this can be seen from Ketu being in 2nd house from UL1 and Sun and its lord being with Moon are 7th from it.. and the UL1 itself was 6/8 to arudha lagna).

My 2nd UL (UL2) is in Aries with Mars and Rahu in it (this sign is also my arudha lagna). This very well describes the person I am considering for marriage now. The 2nd to this is Taurus being ruled by exalted Venus placed in 9th house.. it is also aspected by Jupiter so i think this bodes well for the longevity of the relation. However, my confusion arises when calculating 8th to UL2: retrograde Saturn is there in Scorpio (being ruled by lord of UL2) and Saturn is lord of my 7th house. I am not sure if this means the marriage will succeed (despite delays/obstacles) or if this is a bad sign. Can anyone please help me in interpreting this? I am also not sure if Ketu being 7th from UL2 is bad or good... any insight on this also would be appreciated.

My details:

DOB: 17 March 1985
Time: 13.27
Place: Visalia, California - USA

Thanks & Regards,

*Pooja*