PDA

View Full Version : New here

Odion
21 May 2010, 01:32 PM
Namaste all

I joined this forum because, spiritually, I am VERY close to Sanatana Dharma and Sikh Dharma. I was not born into either dharma--or any other religion, but I hope that one day, when I am ready, I will become an adherent into a faith, God willing. One of the things I am looking forward to with being an adherent to a faith is the community that it brings.

Religion is a major hobby of mine. I enjoy reading religious scripture, and find the Bhagavad Gita and Guru Granth Sahib to be especially enjoyable, but I enjoy reading the words of Jesus and Buddha, too. I've read a little of the Vedas, but I need to find a good online site to read them on, because the one I've been reading them from just doesn't 'do it' for me.

I come from the UK, and besides learning about religions I'm also interested in philosophy, cooking, languages, videogames, reading and so on. I'm open to trying most things. I'm interested in Ayurveda, and yoga (Yoga (Hatha Yoga?) that comes to mind for most Europeans, but of course I'm interested in bhakti, karma and jnana :)) too but I don't know much about either. I'm willing to learn, though.

I'm married, and have been for 2 years and I have two children, my son is 2 today! My daughter is currently 3 1/2. They're visiting their other grandmother with the wife though, whilst I relax so I can introduce myself to this lovely forum. :)

Any questions? :)

anupj
22 May 2010, 02:48 PM
Namaste Odion,

welcome to the forums, be around us, and do contribute your thoughts.

pranam

Eastern Mind
22 May 2010, 03:05 PM
Vannakkam Odion:

Welcome to these forums. Glad to hear your intro. Hinduism is very vast, and you will get varied opinions on most anything here. A good way to start is by thinking of a question, and then searching relevant threads.

Best wishes with raising your family as that would be your dharma for now.

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
28 May 2010, 02:26 PM
Namaste Odion, and welcome to HDF!

devotee
28 May 2010, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the forum, Odion ! We look forward to your valuable posts on this forum. :)

OM