PDA

View Full Version : If I asked REALLY nicely

Darji
22 May 2010, 01:56 PM
Could one of our esteemed and honoured board members make me a chart?

Eastern Mind
22 May 2010, 03:09 PM
Vanakkam Darji: Are you willing to pay? I think that most astrologers charge for their services. If you want a cheap one, try India based ones, as they may charge you in rupees.

One has to remember that a jyothish expert on here would get a lot of similar requests, and if they started doing it for free, and the word got out, well... then everyone would be asking, and that wouldn't be fair.

Aum namasivaya

yajvan
22 May 2010, 05:45 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Could one of our esteemed and honoured board members make me a chart?

I will be happy to construct a chart for you, but to refrain from its interpretation, translation or meaning thereof. Chart construction takes perhaps 15 to 20 min. to do it correctly. Interpretation ( for me) takes days. Why so? To get it right, to ferret out the blessings in the chart, and to use multiple teachers' views for the observations and conclusions one might come to.

Let me also say I respect what EM offers as he is inferring to chart readings. There are many that earn a living from chart reivews, I do not, yet I appreciate their need to generate income.

That said, I have found that when many ask 'what can I do to aliveate the condition in the chart ( some angst, or issue that manifests), 9 times out of 10 the desire and motivation drops and many are just willing to live with the issue then to take corrective actions.
Usually these actions require multiple efforts, yajña's, some behavior changes and the like. Many people are looking for 'minute rice' ¹ i.e. What one thing can I do that corrects all the negitive influences ( bādhaka¹) in my chart so I may have clear sailing ahead.
It usually is not that easy.

praṇām

words

minute rice - something that just can be taken like auṣadhi = oṣadhi which is an annual plant or herb yet also means a remedy (some call a concoction) , verses:
tapaḥ = tapasya = an austerity, a practice, one of inner-personal development; this word is from tápas - produced by heat
mantra = ' instrument of thought '; we know this a sound vibration, a formula,; some may call it a prayer, or syllable i.e. bīja mantra.
etc.
bādhaka - oppressing, hindering, opposing, injuring, paining

Sahasranama
22 May 2010, 06:01 PM
That said, I have found that when many ask 'what can I do to aliveate the condition in the chart ( some angst, or issue that manifests), 9 times out of 10 the desire and motivation drops and many are just willing to live with the issue then to take corrective actions.

I have been told by an astrologer pundit from India that I should do japa of the brihaspati mula mantra for a few lakh time, another astrologer told me I have problems with budha and should fast on wednesday, another astrologer told me that Monday is the day that I should conduct all worships.

Who do I believe?

Personally, I think I can take care of all astrological problems by chanting the Vishnu and Lalitha Sahasranama regularly and doing weekly abhishekam with Shatarudriya and agnihotra/ shanti mantras and other vedic suktas and occasionally doing parayanam of the Sundar Kandam, Devi Mahatmyam and Bhagavad Gita.

Eastern Mind
22 May 2010, 06:08 PM
I have been told by an astrologer pundit from India that I should do japa of the brihaspati mula mantra for a few lakh time, another astrologer told me I have problems with budha and should fast on wednesday, another astrologer told me that Monday is the day that I should conduct all worships.

Who do I believe?

Vannakkam Sahasranama:

Here's what I think you should do based on nothing: Rise each day at 4 AM and chant the Gayatri backwards 10 rounds of 108. Then go back to sleep for exactly 33 minutes. Your back pain will go away in 38 days. Please put the cheque in the mail. I will only charge 2100 rupees.

I kind of figured as much, but was too lazy to do an actual experiment. I'm glad you did it. It proves my theory in a way. That is not to say I don't believe quality interpretations or interpreters don't exist. I just wouldn't know where to find one. (BTW, I would trust Yajvan)

Aum Namasivaya

Darji
22 May 2010, 06:11 PM
Vannakkam Sahasranama:
BTW, I would trust Yajvan

Judging by his posts I do as well, honestly if he was a Guru I'd love to learn from him :)

yajvan
22 May 2010, 06:37 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Who do I believe?

Yes, I can see this occurring... by why so many views? Knowledge is different in different states of consciousness, say the wise.

-- also --
Yudhiṣṭhira says the following:
...the sruti-s are different from one another; there is not even one ṛṣi whose opinion can be accepted by all; the truth about religion and duty is hid in caves: therefore, that alone is the path along which the great have trod.' - mahābhārata, yakṣa¹ prasna

praṇām

words
1. yakṣa - a living supernatural being , of a class of semi-divine beings

Sahasranama
22 May 2010, 06:44 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Yes, I can see this occurring... by why so many views?

Well, I haven't order these. One was done at my birth, another was done when my mother met the brother of my grandmother who is a pundit and one was done when some pundits from India were visiting our house, they had studied astrology for 8 years in a gurukula. I brought them a panchanga of a 100 years and they started doing calculations. These were all done in 10 minutes or so, so I don't know how valuable they are.

Sahasranama
24 May 2010, 04:42 AM
Thank you for drawing my chart, yajvan. It's very interesting!