PDA

View Full Version : The Asylum of Sarabhanga

satay
30 March 2006, 10:12 AM
http://in.geocities.com/sarabhanga/

Namo Narayana
04 April 2006, 01:25 AM
i am intrigued to know about sarabhangas journey in santana dharma. A short biography would be good.

Singhi Kaya
10 April 2006, 03:29 AM
The site is a awesome!

Salutations to sarabhanga giri ji

Namo Narayana
10 April 2006, 07:20 AM
Indeed it is a great site. My condolences to Mr. Hoffman's family. May his soul rest in peace and be born in India next janmam.

satay
10 April 2006, 08:28 AM
Indeed it is a great site. My condolences to Mr. Hoffman's family. May his soul rest in peace and be born in India next janmam.

who is mr. hoffman and why are you providing condolences on this thread?

satay

Namo Narayana
10 April 2006, 09:17 AM
Satay, i found homage in sarabhanga's website about Hoffman who passed away in 1997 and also added that He did not see india but he knew Siva. I felt moved and paid my condolensces.

satay
10 April 2006, 10:02 AM
Satay, i found homage in sarabhanga's website about Hoffman who passed away in 1997 and also added that He did not see india but he knew Siva. I felt moved and paid my condolensces.

oh okay. I didn't see that there this is why I asked.
satay

Namo Narayana
10 April 2006, 11:03 AM
oh okay. I didn't see that there this is why I asked.
satay

Sorry about the confusion Satay.

sarabhanga
10 April 2006, 09:22 PM
Namaste,

It was Charles Hoffman who first introduced me to Shaivism, and he was effectively a self-made Aghori (or as close as one can be in western society).

Shambhu !

Namo Narayana
10 April 2006, 09:33 PM
Sorry about the confusion Satay.

Sarabhanga, I would be interested to know how you started your journey in santana dharma.

How did Charles happened to introduce you to shiva and when did that happen ? were you not aware of hinduism before that ?

sarabhanga
11 April 2006, 03:26 AM
Namaste Neela,

My journey in Sanatana Dharma presumably began at the creation of the Universe, although I can only recall one past life ~ as a western scientist with no interest in any established religion. Of course I had heard of Hinduism and Lord Shiva, but in Australia I had seen no evidence of Hinduism apart from ISKCON. And then (about 20 years ago) I met Charles, who challenged my previous understanding and inspired me with new ways of looking at everything.

Namo Narayana
11 April 2006, 08:32 AM
sarabhanga ji were you a scientist in this birth or previous birth ? In my web browsing I stumbled on an ashram in adelaide run headed by an australian hindu.... may be you didn't have at the time .

Singhi Kaya
11 April 2006, 08:52 AM
sarabhanga ji were you a scientist in this birth or previous birth ? In my web browsing I stumbled on an ashram in adelaide run headed by an australian hindu.... may be you didn't have at the time .

I doubt Sarabhanga is a 20 year old dude

Namo Narayana
11 April 2006, 09:17 AM
I doubt Sarabhanga is a 20 year old dude

where did you get that idea ? he has his picture in his website and hindunet forums.

Singhi Kaya
11 April 2006, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure if it's fault with my english this time or you failed you understand my joke;)

Namo Narayana
11 April 2006, 09:58 AM
singhi, i didnt anticipate a joke. sorry about that. :p

sarabhanga
12 April 2006, 08:21 PM
Namaste Neela,
I am sure that many Hindus and various Ashrams were present in Australia long before 20 years ago, but as a scientist with no particular interest in what I understood to be "Religion" at that time, I had only encountered ISKCON.

Namo Narayana
12 April 2006, 09:31 PM
I stumbled on this beautiful article about australian hinduism and their struggles. but i dont seem to find it out now. it is headed by an australian yogi. i will post in dharma websites incase i find it.