PDA

View Full Version : Is Shri Krishna truly the Supreme Personality of Godhead?

Kumar_Das
25 May 2010, 09:07 AM
Namaste,

My question is, is Shri Krishna, incarnation of God Himself? That is as all the deities/God in all His attributes fully?

If He is as such, that would mean that Shri Krishna would be Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva and Saraswati, Lakshmi and Durga all at once.

To impress Arjuna and reveal His identity Shri Krishna assumes His Universal form.

But does that mean, when we speak of God, of Him in His complete true nature, all His attributes. Is Shri Krishna such an incarnate?

I always considered each of the Avataras of Vishnu to be of a certain age(yuga), a certain purpose. For preserving Dharma for that Yuga and helping mankind in his quest for spiritual knowledge.

Vishnu is God as the All-Preserver.

I believe that each Avatara has each value. Each to learn from.

Essentially of each Avatara there is a revelation only the most intelligent and spiritually gifted can realize.

How can it be that Shri Krishna is God completely but not of God's main 3 attributes; as the All-Preserver/Vishnu manifesting in the universe as an incarnation?

That would mean that those who witnessed Krishna in their lifetime saw God in all His attributes and thus attained complete moksha.

I personally believe that God is inconceivable.

To say that Shri Krishna is God in His incarnation completely would be to mean that one who possesses the knowledge of Krishna, either through reading of the Bhagavad Gita or those whose witnessed Krishna Avatara in their lifetime know God fully.

How can that be?

grames
26 May 2010, 01:39 AM
Dear Kumar Das,

I am trying to answer rather clarify some of the questions you have asked here with Vaishnava background.

My question is, is Shri Krishna, incarnation of God Himself? That is as all the deities/God in all His attributes fully?Shri Krishna is God and if this statement is understood properly, then the second part of your question require clarification and not the title of the message. :). God manifests in different modes utilizing His energies and His expansions, and are catogorized as Svamsa and Vbhinna Amsa. Svamsa meaning His original expansion where He Himself expands or manifests in to such Being. All the incarnations/Avatars of Him belongs to this catogory and they have no separate desire and all their desire are same as Shri Krshna. VibinnaAmsa is the marginal expansion of Himself in to beings where such expansion do not have all the attributes of Him and also not to the quantity as Him. Vbinnaamsas has independent existence from Lord but completely dependent on Lord for everything about their existence. The difference between svamsa and vibhinnamsa is that the svamsa beings are always endowed with all powers, and always identify themselves as the Lord.

Answer for you is, His expansions are not His attributes always. Jiva also merely cannot be categorized as His attribute but amsa. But, since He is sarvAntrayami, He is present in anything and everything and with in Him everything is present but yet He is outside all of these.

To impress Arjuna and reveal His identity Shri Krishna assumes His Universal form.Oh...it is not to IMPRESS Arjuna but to give him the Gnana about His Svaroopa. Arjuna is already impressed and surrendered to Lord and there is no need or question of impressing him and Krshna very fundamentally means all attractive. So, the answer is, a big YES and yes He is all attractive, reservoir of all the auspicious numerable attributes and all in full and in unlimited quantities.

To say that Shri Krishna is God in His incarnation completely would be to mean that one who possesses the knowledge of Krishna, either through reading of the Bhagavad Gita or those whose witnessed Krishna Avatara in their lifetime know God fully.Absolutely. That is the ultimate every Vaishnava is striving to achieve and that is the meaning of life and the eternal constitutional position where the Jiva attains its svaroopa lakshna and associate with Lord in ultimate bliss to its capacity.

Vaishnava
05 September 2010, 12:24 PM
My question is, is Shri Krishna, incarnation of God Himself? That is as all the deities/God in all His attributes fully?

We should take Bhagavad Gita in its own light. It is considered the authority and the best summary of the upanishads by Veda Vyasa and all great acharyas including Adi Shankara.

Krishna is God Himself!

"I am the source of all; from Me everything evolves; understanding thus, the wise, endowed with meditation, worship Me."

Then He goes on to say: Among Adityas I am Vishnu, among Rudras I am Shiva,....Indra, Narada, Japa, Gayatri mantra......so on and finally says the reason for this:

"Whatever host of beings has power, splendor, energy know that as coming from a fragment of My power"

In Vishnu purana and Srimad Bhagavatam, Mahabharata etc., we know Krishna to be Vishnu Himself. And also the creation of Brahma from Vishnu and so on are explained. So, all this means all the attributes, ability to create, destroy, maintain proceed from Him only, because He is within all.

To say that Shri Krishna is God in His incarnation completely would be to mean that one who possesses the knowledge of Krishna, either through reading of the Bhagavad Gita or those whose witnessed Krishna Avatara in their lifetime know God fully.

Bhagavad Gita does not faciliate us to understand Him fully, nor do the Upanishads. They just faciliate to tell that He is so infinite that He cannot be known in full.

Chapter XI.
15. I behold in Your body all the gods and all the diverse hosts of beings, Brahma, Siva (Isa), the seers and the lustrous snakes."

16. "I behold Your infinite form on all sides. I see no end, no middle nor the beginning too of You, O Lord of the universe."

-- "If you think ' I have known Brahman very well, then you have known verily very little. This form that you have known of Brahman in this world is very little...." - Kena Upanishad

Brahman or Krishna is infinite. To know that is to know Him.