PDA

View Full Version : Namaste, all!

Riverwolf
26 May 2010, 04:56 PM
I'm a young, unorthodox Hindu who adapted the religion a little over a year ago after reading Eknath Easwaren's translation of the Upanishads. (Which I subsequently learned weren't all that accurate.) Since then, I've been a wanderer around the Vedas, not having chosen an Ishtadeva yet (though currently starting to lean towards Lord Rama of all persons; I'm currently reading and loving Ramesh Menon's rendition of the Ramayana), and I've been praying to Lord Siva and His family for guidance, having been reading the literature of Sri Subramuniyaswami, and praying at a local Siva-Murugan temple (which is a converted Christian church) nearby whenever I have the time.

I'm not much of a literal believer in mythology and legends, so I don't believe the stories of the Ithihasas and Puranas literally happened. But I am a firm believer that stories are meant, at heart, to teach, so the Puranas and Ithihasas do have a lot of value to me, moreso than actual history. (To me, whether or not something actually happened when it comes to such a distant past isn't important.)

I look forward to having discussions with you all, and I hope I don't make you guys too uncomfortable with my unorthodox views. :D

AUM Shanti Shanti Shanti! (That one can be used as a salutation, right?)

Ramakrishna
28 May 2010, 02:23 PM
Namaste Riverwolf, and welcome to HDF! Yes, "AUM Shanti Shanti Shanti!" can be used as a salutation. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Eastern Mind
28 May 2010, 03:38 PM
Vannakkam Riverwolf:

Welcome to these forums. I know of the temple you speak, but have never been there. Best wishes in your search for truth.

Aum Namasivaya

devotee
28 May 2010, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the forum, Riverwolf ! :)

OM

anupj
09 June 2010, 12:40 PM
Namaste Riverwolf,

sorry for being so late. Welcome to the forum and keep posting here.

Pranam

Kumar_Das
09 June 2010, 04:42 PM
Hi you are the same member from religious forums right?

Riverwolf
09 June 2010, 07:37 PM
Hi you are the same member from religious forums right?

Yes I am. ^_^

Kumar_Das
10 June 2010, 12:06 AM
Yes I am. ^_^

Cool. Glad to see you here. I hope you acquire all the knowledge you seek for enlightenment.:)

Om Namah Shivaya

Odion
10 June 2010, 02:59 PM
Hey Riverwolf!
Nice to see you here. Thought I'd welcome you too, even though it's a late greet - better late than never though, eh? :D

Shanti
14 June 2010, 12:13 PM
Welcome!