PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

Kumar_Das
30 May 2010, 04:54 AM
I just realized the funny contradictions between the language of quran and sanskrit.

the quran dictates that the descendents of Abraham are the prophets of islam.

Abraham is supposed to be the first man to discover monotheism.

Abraham exactly means not God/no God/unholy in Sanskrit

Brahm means God also in a monotheistic sense.

muhammad is the most important man in islam. who is revered by muslims to have brought humanity from ignorance into enlightenment. the last man to fulfill spiritual enlightenment. and they consider him to be a perfect human and refer to him as the most beloved.

mahamada means "he who is of great delusion" in Sanskrit

we see in Bhaja Govindam of Shri Adi Shankaracharya, muahamate means a fool.

muslims refer to jesus as isa. they say that xtianity is corrupted because jesus was merely a prophet who preached about allah to be worshipped not himself. later on jesus became worshipped as god. and the muslims denounce that as heretical.

in hebrew jesus is referred to as yeshua by the jews.

pretty much the same in Sanskrit. yeshua/yeshu.

Isa means God in the monotheistic sense in Sanskrit.

yet they refer to isa as a prophet and not god. islam sought to rectify isa to be not worshipped.

:D ;)

Ramakrishna
30 May 2010, 06:00 PM
Namaste Kumar_Das,

Wow, that is very interesting! I have never seen anything like this before! Did you get this off a website or a book or something, or did you figure it out yourself? I'm very interested in learning more about these contradictions and seeing if they could mean something or if they are just coincidences.

Hare Krishna

Kumar_Das
30 May 2010, 06:26 PM
Namaste Kumar_Das,

Wow, that is very interesting! I have never seen anything like this before! Did you get this off a website or a book or something, or did you figure it out yourself? I'm very interested in learning more about these contradictions and seeing if they could mean something or if they are just coincidences.

Hare Krishna

Namaste Ramakrishnaji,

Really is that amazing?

I realized them myself.

I'd suppose if I mastered Arabic I could find more odd similarities (or contradictions) rather.

saidevo
30 May 2010, 08:21 PM
HDF archives has a number of discussions about the supposed Hindu origins of Islam. While it may be true that SanAtana Dharma was the only religion that was prevalent the world over in ancient times in some form or other, the derivations of gods, prophets and concepts may or may not be accurate. Check these threads:

Allah - The moon god
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=582

Advaita and Sufism
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3615

19 Angels guarding hell
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4216

Can someone be both Hindu and Sufi?
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4787

Appreciation for all faiths
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3155

Sahasranama
03 June 2010, 04:56 PM
Here is an interesting depiction of demon animals of the bible. They look a lot like the Hindu Gods: Shesha Naga, Varaha, Matsya, Garuda, Surabhi, Ganesha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth

Odion
04 June 2010, 05:22 AM
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing with us!

Speaking of Muhammad, may I ask what your opinion is regarding the Bhavishya Purana's mentioning of Muhammad? Is this an early or late piece of scripture, is it translated correctly, etc?

isavasya
04 June 2010, 07:15 AM
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing with us!

Speaking of Muhammad, may I ask what your opinion is regarding the Bhavishya Purana's mentioning of Muhammad? Is this an early or late piece of scripture, is it translated correctly, etc?

Hello Odion ji,

Bhavishya puran is a up-puran so it has a very low authority in sanatan dharm. Second any puran can be authoritative only if it supports vedas and vedic teachings. Third which version of bhavishya puran have you read ? Muslims as always have tried to spread a stupid fake version of bhavishya puran. The bhavishya puran available in Hindu mutths speaks that a barbarian will be born in Arab and will teach a perverted religion, his name will mahameda and eventually his followers will be finished off by lord shiva. I believe deeds of mohhammed are very much that of a lunatic as described in bhavishya puran, Marrying his daughter in law etc. However this puran might be a later work, as I dont trust up-purans or even some purans to be completely true.

In fact Muslims and zakhir nayak chamchas have put many fake verses from Veda, where supposedly the Veda talks about Allah and Islam, actually in reality there is no verse in Vedas which speaks about Islam. Even Muslims have put fake videos on youtube showing an imaginary shankara acharya who preaches Islam, my personal belief is that these all things are part and parcel of spreading the dumb religion Islam.

Odion
04 June 2010, 12:11 PM
Aha, I see thanks for explaining; so it's up-puran, I've got it now. Dhanyavad! ;)

Third which version of bhavishya puran have you read ? Muslims as always have tried to spread a stupid fake version of bhavishya puran. The bhavishya puran available in Hindu mutths speaks that a barbarian will be born in Arab and will teach a perverted religion, his name will mahameda and eventually his followers will be finished off by lord shiva.
That's the one I've seen!

Quite a fitting description. :D

Kumar_Das
04 June 2010, 02:27 PM
Another one is Shri Krishna saying "He who fixates his mind upon Me at the time of death attains Me"

is pretty the basis of matyrdom in Islam.

Riverwolf
14 August 2010, 12:41 PM
I just realized the funny contradictions between the language of quran and sanskrit.

muhammad is the most important man in islam. who is revered by muslims to have brought humanity from ignorance into enlightenment. the last man to fulfill spiritual enlightenment. and they consider him to be a perfect human and refer to him as the most beloved.

This kind of thing has about as much validity as Santa being equated with Satan simply because they're spelled almost the same. It doesn't work. (Besides, it should be abrahma, not abraham, no?)

I don't buy it at all, and caulk it up as linguistic coincidence.

BhaktinAnna
14 August 2010, 03:57 PM

muslims refer to jesus as isa. they say that xtianity is corrupted because jesus was merely a prophet who preached about allah to be worshipped not himself. later on jesus became worshipped as god. and the muslims denounce that as heretical.

yet they refer to isa as a prophet and not god. islam sought to rectify isa to be not worshipped.

:D ;)

As a speaker of both modern hebrew ( I lived in Israel for 3 years ) and Aramaic- the language of the torah -allow me to point out to you that the pronounciation of Abraham that you give is very much a western one.

The hebrew way of saying it - both ancient and modern is Avra'am .. the name literally means ''father of the people'' Av/Avra - father ha- the am - people...

The hard ''b'' sound - although existing in modern hebrew- is very much a western pronounciation - probably because they found the ''v'' sound a strange combination.

And Muhammad - although existing in several forms due to Islam spreading into many countries - was orgininally pronounced ''Moo-hom -med . The U and the H sounds were both ''swallowed'' and pronounced at the very back of the throat - almost like a glottal stop... in that way - its not at all like the similar word given..

both words - in their original pronounciation bear little resemblence to the indian words and phrases..

In addition - there are lots of words that can be found in unrelated languages ... for instance in mothers language Hungarian - the words Mi and Ki - mean what and who. In hebrew the exact same words mean from and because and in french Ki also means because...

do you see what Im getting at here?? There is a limit to the sounds a human being can make with their voice - and some sound combinations just come more naturaly due to human physiology - thats why words for mother are almost the same the world over - in completely unrelated languages..

I strongly believe that God guides everything and is in everything - but i think often we are too keen to see things that just arent there ...

ScottMalaysia
17 August 2010, 05:33 AM

There is a place in Iran called '$hit'. 'Condom' and 'Puss y' (no space) are both places in France. And let's not forget the Austrian town whose street signs were frequently stolen by British tourists because of the town's name: 'Fuc king'. (The real place names don't have spaces or a dollar sign, but the forum blocked the words because they were supposedly obscene).

Just because a name or word means one thing in one language doesn't have any bearing at all on another language. There was a thread a while ago claiming a connection between Lord Shiva and Judaism - the only connection is that 'Shiva' is the Hebrew word for 'seven'.

Muhammad was an Arab. The word 'Muhammad' means 'praised' in Arabic. Any variations on the name that have different meanings in other languages have no bearing on the prophet of Islam or Islam itself.

Kumar_Das
02 September 2010, 08:23 AM
In the Katha U. it is stated near the end of chapter 2, "Sitting down, he roams afar. Lying down, he goes everywhere." It appears as if this means the atman extends beyond the physical body.

Yet again...

[10.Surah Yunis : Ayah 12]

"And when affliction touches a man, he calls on Us, whether lying on his side or sitting or standing; but when We remove his affliction from him, he passes on as though he had never called on Us on account of an affliction that touched him; thus that which they do is made fair-seeming to the extravagant."

[3.Surah Aal-e-Imran : Ayahs 191-192]

"Those who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save us then from the chastisement of the fire. Our Lord! surely whomsoever Thou makest enter the fire, him Thou hast indeed brought to disgrace, and there shall be no helpers for the unjust."

Kumar_Das
24 November 2010, 03:04 AM
These considerations lead to an interpretation of the symbolism of the weaving: in sanskrit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanskrit) sūtra means "thread" and it is "a least curious to note that the Arabic word sūrat, which denotes the chapters of the Koran, is composed of exactly the same elements as the Sanskrit sūtra; this word has in addition the kindred sense of `row` or `line` and its derivation is unknown".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Gu%C3%A9non#The_Symbolism_of_the_Cross

TatTvamAsi
25 November 2010, 11:41 AM
That is a very good point (a-braham vs Brahma)...