PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Ramayana TV Series

Ramakrishna
01 June 2010, 06:43 PM
Namaste,

Has anybody watched the 1987 Ramayana TV series? I am thinking about watching this to go along with my reading of the Ramayana. Apparently it was one of the most popular television series in the history of India, and it was immensely popular during it's original run from 1986-1987.

Hare Krishna

Sahasranama
01 June 2010, 06:56 PM
I watched it when I was a child with my parents, sister and grandmother. I learned so much from watching bhakti movies when I was a child. If you haven't watched this yet, you must watch it at least once in my opinion.

Ramakrishna
11 July 2010, 10:37 PM
Namaste,

I have finally gotten around to watching it and so far it's great! I've watched the first eight episodes so far, right up to the point of the wedding of Rama and Sita. The graphics and quality are better than I expected for a late '80s television series. I'm really looking forward to the rest of it.

Jai Sri Krishna

-Aashna_Namaste-
13 July 2010, 12:13 AM
what is the name of the series? I wanna see if I can find it at my local library.

Ramakrishna
13 July 2010, 06:26 PM
what is the name of the series? I wanna see if I can find it at my local library.

Namaste Aashna,

The name of the series is "Ramayan" and it was written and directed by Ramanand Sagar.

Jai Sri Krishna