PDA

View Full Version : Ayanamsa Calculations for USA

maduser74
07 June 2010, 03:16 AM
Hello All,

I am new to jyotish and trying to learn how the ayanamsa's are calculated.
I have seen so far have calculations for Ayanamsas. Are these calculations based on latitude of longitude of India ?

Is there a way to calculate the ayanamsa based on latitude and longitude of the place ? For e.g. California, US.

Here is a calculation that i found... and many more for various ayanamsas.
KPA = 80890.1535s + 50.2564 n + 0.000111 n*n
where n is year-1900.

Appreciate if you could guide me in understanding how the 80890.1535 and is it possible to calculate using latitude and longitude of a place ?

Thanks
Sathish

yajvan
07 June 2010, 01:03 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
namasté

To make the best use of this conversation one needs to understand

ayana - advancing or precession of the equinoctial and solstitial points
sāyan system - proceeding in the way of ayana ; with the precession or the longitude of a planet calculated from the vernal equinoctial point
nir-ayan system - nir = not + ayan = percession i.e. without consideration of percession of the equinoxes.One system is tropical and considered Western astrology , the other is sideral ( based upon the star locations and points) and is considered the jyotish approach.

Precession calculations are not based upon a continent ( USA, or India ) per say. It has much to do with the wobble of the earth that takes 25,800 (+/-) years to complete - one degree º every 72 years. The distance between the tropical and sideral locations is called the ayana or movement, distance.

Perhaps it will be good for you to look this up and offer your findings - we then can compare and contrast your offer. Consider looking up Lahari's ayana, or BV Raman's ayana or Krishnamurti's ayana

praṇām