PDA

View Full Version : Children

NayaSurya
10 June 2010, 11:03 AM
This thread isn't meant to attack the christian. I realize they do what they do because they are gravely misled. But, lately the great worry has come back about my children's conversion.

My beloved neice who I have been with since birth was converted and indoctrinated by jehova's witness. In very little time, she will be so indoctinated that she will go door to door to proselytize their cult. She has almost completely abandoned her birth family, Mother, brothers...and even Aunts such as me because of our "bad" religion. When a child has been converted by spouse, they almost always shun their own parents.

I had a long discussion with my sister and I try to explain that to leave the door open for children to make their own religious choices may seem like a good idea....but when you leave the door open...you run the risk of having something very nasty come through and take your child.

There are spiritual preditors here. They seek families with children that are not strong in their parents religion as they are easily converted in many cases.

Maybe for the first time I realize the vast problem I face.

I accept that children such as I was in my own childhood, are not the norm in my society.

When I was very very young in the Mormon church I finished the first read through the bible...I was still in the Sunday school class for little children.

Our classroom was like a beautiful kindergarten class, full of candy and happy singing. All we did is sing songs...the last day I remember this class I was the soloist in their production for Spring. But, I had begun to ask the questions, I had read the book...and I could understand much of it. Which meant, I could not abide by it. The questions brought my elder.

Every family in the Mormon church has a handler...a set of elders assigned to their family. To keep them christian and most importantly...mormon.

I loved my specific elder so much, he was very kind to me. But this day he took me away.

They removed me from the happy class and put me in a wholey adult class with old men. My sister cried for me, searched the many hallways looking for me...and I cried too. I sat at the table with a cookie that someone brought to calm me.

Then I hear the conversation and I began to ask them the questions. They encouraged it. I stayed in this class many years alone with the men and they could never persuade me.

To this day, I can not tell you what they planned on doing with me. But I was very strong I refused baptism almost a decade...because I never defied my parents in my whole life they assumed I was afraid of the water. So I spent almost a full decade in swimming lessons too.

I look at my children and know...they are not all like this. None of them have had to fight to keep from doing something they know to be spiritually wrong as I have.

There is a great struggle in my soul.

One hand, my children could be raised having wonderful Halloween and holidays with buckets of candy....and our home decorated so brightly it can be seen from very far off. (This is our family tradition)

They could have an easy life, not like mine...not swimming against the current of their culture.

They could be blissful...in that ignorance and I know it.

I can not allow this. How could I allow that. I can not. Harming them this way would be greater.

But, then I make my children's lives so difficult...that it impacts not only their life...but our family for generations.

How in the world will I find them religiously suitable spouses?

After reading the forum, I understand that I take my children who would normally be a top choice of any perspective mate, to the very bottom with my religious beliefs. They become untouchable by my hand. How can a parent reconcile with this?

I can not suffer for them to marry one of these christian beings. So far, I have been very lucky. My oldest son who will go away to university this fall has the valedictorian of his graduating class as his girl friend. They are chaperon every date by parents. She is agnostic and specifically not christian. My 19 year old daughter is pure, never dated...she's greatly afraid of men in general.:P But I know the odds of duplicating such a match for my other children in this region are very slim.

I can not expect the native Hindu parents would be too thrilled to have white boys interested in their beautiful daughters, even if ones could be found that didn't not see them as untouchable.

I will have to find converts which are morally sound as my own family...in the United States? I think this would be impossible. In all my wanderings I have never met another anglo family that would align with our beliefs.

What am I doing to my own children?

I feel I have only two choices.

One- to remove myself from the barbarian wholey so that my children are protected from the onslaught of conversion.

In my heart I know the place I would immediately run to, Himachal Pradesh...to Rishikesh...to finally see Lake Manasarovar and Kailas.

This would mean removing the culture of my family...the Fall nights in the pumpkin patch...and the wonderful hay rides. Summers spent camping out at the beach and swimming in our pool. We just got back from the amusement park. My sons rode the number 1 wooden rollercoaster so many times their head ached... My children would lose much of this culture they are being raised in.

They would be ripped from everything they ever knew to keep them safe.

I could give all of this up right now. But, adding them into consideration makes me hesitate.

The other choice is to find a place in the USA that has enough SD to keep them safe. A place that doesn't charge hundreds of dollars for the Sunday school. A place where my children wouldn't be afraid to tell others of their religious beliefs.

It would have to be welcoming to anglo converts so that my children would have peers that don't shun them for skin color, for their heritage.

Does such a place exist here?

Is there a place in america inwhich the followers of SD outnumber the barbarian?

Is there another option that I have not explored?

This is long, I'm a writer and also this situation is gravely serious to me. If you read to here, I thank you so very very much for your kindness.

Eastern Mind
10 June 2010, 11:46 AM
Vannakkam NayaSurya:

People (souls) are free to make their own decisions. I would advise not being to hard on yourself when a child wanders. Each soul has his/her karma to face. But the mother is naturally attached and concerned too. That's pretty normal I would say.

My kids are all grown up. The youngest is 19 turning 20 soon. They are non-practising Hindu by definition. Most are more agnostic in actuality. They watched as children, they came to the Hindu integration of white with brown, but in the end it didn't stick. The west is too captivating. Yet thery are certainly not Christian. Fot all of them Christianity makes no sense at all. At least there are parts of Hinduism (vegetarianism, morals) that make sense.

You cannot run away. They will resent you. The comforts of the west are hard to find in India. India might be appealing but karma has this habit of tagging along like a shadow.

As far as I know there is no group of white Hindus you can find that are in the majority in an enclave somewhere. There is ISKCON, but that brings about another set of problems.

I have learned to accept what happened. My eldest is married to a nonpractising Christian. He is a really nice guy. She's happy, I'm happy. If he ever tried to force anything, she'd leave. She's tough.

My second married an Anglican. His whole goal this lifetime has been to fit in. Last lifetime his was not a normal life. His parents werer alcoholics, and he went about envying the people who led 'normal' lives. His wife never forces the Anglican stuff, and is less than a Sunday Christian. Yet the kids were baptised, and he didn't go.

#3 is a fundamentalist vegan, and has now found his path. His fiance is agnostic. I'm so happy for him.

The youngest two have yet to really decide on paths.

So they are who they are. You can be there for them, but you can't live their lives for them.

I'm rambling now, but I empathise a lot.

Aum Namasivaya

saidevo
10 June 2010, 12:44 PM
namaste NayaSurya.

The problems faced by Western Hindus in the religious upbringing of their children saddens a native Hindu like me. A native Hindu located in a Western country is perhaps in a similar situation in guarding their children from going astray, but their chances are better as they are surrounded by Hindus.

I think EM has offered you a wise advice. It seems that a Western Hindu who wants to make his/her children Hindus, but is surrounded by Christian kith and kin, must first teach the children a way to unlearn their native religion.

If both the parents consent, I think that you might in parallel, start teaching your children, the strengths of SanAtana Dharma vis-a-vis Christianity, even from their early age. This can provide them with enough knowledge to counter any evangelical forces they may have to face in life eventually. You may perhaps teach them a set of mantras with their purpose and meaning, and the right way to chant them. The gAyatrI mantra could be a powerful choice in this regard. And then making them listen to bhajans could also be a sure-fire way of exposing them to the charm of SD.

A modern Hindu in India, unlike an orthdox one, can visit a church or a mosque along with his other religious friend and still be a Hindu. I have visited the VelAnkanni church and the Nagore dargha with family, although we were not attracted by their celebrity status.

Similarly, a mainstream Indian Christian or Muslim can let his children light fireworks along with their Hindu friends on the day of DIpAvali. An erstwhile colleague of mine, a Hindu, who married a Christian who was her school mate, used to celebrate both Hindu and Christian festivals at home (I have since lost touch with her). In Tamilnadu, Indian Muslims sell Hindu religious articles and traditional medicinal preparations.

Of course, the sad fact is that this kind of life can exist only where the Hindus are in majority, not otherwise. Nevertheless, with your earnest prayers, Shiva will surely take care of the future of your family.

Avazjan
10 June 2010, 12:45 PM
Namaste.

I know most will not agree with me, but conversion is not representative of a problem with those who do the converting. It is instead a problem of lack of education, and lack of education at the right time.

It is quite frankly impossible that anyone well educated in sanatana dharma would ever abandon such a rich storehouse of knowledge and truth for the poverty of any other 'spiritual system.' If they do, they did not appreciate the truth in the first place, and so nothing of value is lost.

As for your specific quandary, perhaps my personal life story will help you.

I'm 21, I was born in California to Western parents, both Hindu. My mother is a Gaudiya Vaishnava bhakta, and my father is a yogi beyond my ability to describe with denominational boundaries.

My father specifically asked my mother to raise me without religious indoctrination, but to answer any questions I might have. In this way I absorbed and participated, as children do, in basic elements of my mother's worship.

At around the age of 10, I began to reject my mother's simple faith - mostly because I saw it (or thought I saw it) reflected around me as the 'simple faith' of Christians and the like, which was abhorrent and nonsensical to me. Later I came to find that her 'faith' was not merely faith, and was simple only in the purity of her devotion. A child's mind could not possibly have comprehended her sadhana, and I did not.

But anyway, I drifted into atheism, and then revised that to agnosticism, as I had an intense interest in reasoning and logic and this seemed to me the most logical position based on the evidence available to me. My parents didn't interfere. At around 15 or so, I drifted back towards Eastern philosophies and examined them, one after the other, finding many things I thought agreeable and profound, and so I had an intellectual flirtation period for several years absorbing as much stimulating material as I could. I look back on this as sort of mental masturbation, but oh well. It was necessary.

After a few years of cursory, hobby study, my father began to teach me the dharma and preliminary practices, before initiating me with shaktipat.

Now I am an irrevocably committed sadhaka. I believe this is in great part due to how skillfully my parents managed my situation - without obstructing my free will, but making the right opportunities available to me.

Western culture is an abomination. Everything I once enjoyed in this world is like ashes in my mouth now, and I wish only to destroy it so that it may be replaced with divine pastimes. I say this to show you how one who used to love Western culture with its illusion of 'freedom,' and all the other flag-waving nonsense found it to be the most abominable thing in the world after experiencing Truth. I understand that it's fun for your children, and therefore you by proxy because you, understandably, take joy in your joy, but Western society, from TV to amusement parks to all of the cultural traditions to its basic moral code to...everything, really, is a cancer of the worst kind upon humanity.

If you wish to rid yourself of it, move to India.

A keen mind is enough to keep someone from the clutches of any false religion (and later, from society). Cultivate your children's minds, and don't worry about their conversion, even if it comes to pass. Make the proper opportunities to learn about sanatana dharma available to them. They can never feel forced into it, or their practice will be insincere and in vain.

That is my advice, if it is worth anything.

Namaste

NayaSurya
10 June 2010, 01:21 PM
All of your posts are very precious, they give insight to the one very clouded by worry.

I have similar experiences dealing in the mundane reality of life here. For many years I have had difficulty going out amongst the peoples here. We stay fairly isolated.

Because I was forced down many spiritual paths by confused parents (both born to parents without religion) I have done much of what your Father has done for you for my own children. My children have free will to ask questions and I have taught them countless mantra. I pray openly, they know the sanskrit words...not only this, but they also know what they mean.

The amusement park has been a rare surprise to me. It's been interesting to interact with the peoples there.

I spend the day at the amusement park walking around praying...I was also sick. I was ill with strep throat which caused my children's scarlet fever a couple of weeks ago.

I do find enjoyment being around the people at Holiday World sometimes. It's a family values park based on the American Holidays. No lude language, no alcohol, no public indecency or you are immediately kicked out.

Santa Clause is at the center of their ideals. The spirit of giving. He sits in the heat of July and August in full costume and my heart immediately went to this suffering man. I befriended him. He is a very loving man.

I made a large crochet blanket for him last year and brought it to him on the last of many trips we made.

He said to me "God bless."

I smiled to him with my heart full of Siva and with every cell in this vessel I said to him..."God bless you, dear friend."

At that moment God meant something utterly different to the both of us...but it didn't seem to matter. Love is love.

He came up to us this year, and embraced me warmly. Thanked me again. It was the only time Santa had been given a gift in all of his years working.

So not all are barbarians. I find dealing with the herds of Americans in this amusement park very silly sometimes. It's mundane to me, I would truly rather be praying. Sometimes I sit in the giant Bahari Wave facility (it resembles the Carribean ocean with clear blue waters) in the sunshine and sit down and meditate. I open my eyes and see my children sitting around me doing the same.

Sometimes there is indescribable joy here.

My husband and I are wholey of the same mind about our children. To find such a partner who shares my love of SD was a miracle I thank God for this everyday.

I know Lord Siva has brought me back to the Truth for a reason. He has put me on this hill for protection. I do have faith He will not leave me in harm's way. But, I also know that He needs me to play my part to be dilligent and not drop the ball...so to speak:P

It was my sincere hope that there is someplace which could be a safe haven, and that if there was, this post would help this process along.

atanu
10 June 2010, 01:35 PM
All of your posts are very precious, they give insight to the one very clouded by worry.

Namaste nayasurya

Truly, particularly the post by Avazjan, especially since he is only 21.

I know Lord Siva has brought me back to the Truth for a reason. He has put me on this hill for protection. I do have faith He will not leave me in harm's way. But, I also know that He needs me to play my part to be dilligent and not drop the ball...so to speak:P

How do you know that Shiva wants you not to drop the ball? Or to paraphrase: Who knows this will of Shiva? Please do not consider me blind to your dilemma and please do not consider me unsympathetic. If you follow up on the above question, the dilemma may drop just like a dropped ball.

Best wishes.

Om Namah Shivaya

NayaSurya
10 June 2010, 03:58 PM
This will of Siva is brought to light by the signs I have followed to this point. There are dozens and dozens of things which urged me along.

I am just a silly mom, I suppose many could discount what's happening.

Since before there were the world wide web I have been getting things during prayer. One was a great stone statue of Mahayogi on the banks of Mother Ganga with great steps leading down. Another was a vision of a man in orangish robes with a red sash. Another was an urge to buy a Mala with a certain set of details included.

Thanks to Yajvan I have begun to find things out about my birth that this novice could have never known until now.

Even Most Beloved Siva... My birthday is in Shraavana on the Krishna Chaturdasi. Also, the day of the new moon. My name since I was 13...has been the latin word for new moon. Those of you who have emailed me know this is even my email name. The image of the partially eclipsed sun...that I asked about in the meditation thread...now explained. My birth was the day before a partial solar eclipse. I have been drawing this image on everything blank since I was a five year old girl...all of these things and many many more have urged me to the point to where I am typing to you now.

I have a novel which is about 100k in words. The story, every single name is transliterated sanskrit. The story is a holy story that I had never read.

There are a thousand things such as these. Some very wonderful.

Admitting these things here is a powerful ego killer. For I know that none of you are here to witness these things and if it were me 10 years ago...I would definitely giggle and say...wow she's sorta fruity for thinking God is sending her messages.

So the answer to the question is, I believe Siva's hand is upon me, as this jaDa called mahalaya is the lesser aspect of Him. I can only interpret what I am shown with this imperfect brain inside this imperfect vessel. So I could interpret this wrong...but then I know He will correct this immediately. My path has been corrected in such amazing ways my whole life.

If someone can understand this better than I...

I emplore you to help me understand.

NayaSurya
10 June 2010, 06:33 PM
There is such passion in this world, it is indeed a very big hurdle for this passionate soul.

I found it very dark...the moment I swam against the current of this culture to find...that upstream, waiting for me... the darkness not removed, but darker than before.

So I swim on.

Swim on.

NayaSurya
10 June 2010, 10:07 PM
Om Namah Sivaya.

Beloved, if even one of my children could one day be as you. Then all this worry would be for nothing.

atanu
11 June 2010, 04:39 AM
I now see I must learn how to strengthen children's beliefs without causing them to rebel. That's a difficult task.

Namaste Naya

I think one can start by gently pointing out the knowledge of utter transcience of the attractions of the world to children. Each soul is fullness in itself - only a spark is required.

As for my husband and I, we have discussed buying a second home in Rishikesh in one of the new developments once we have a few more children graduated and off to university.

I think Rishikesh is an excellent choice. I like cold weather and only place I can think of settling down at is Rishikesh.

Best wishes

Om Namah Shivaya

NayaSurya
11 June 2010, 05:00 AM
I was trying to stay on my topic as far as that individual is concerned.

But, if you want to go down that rabbit hole...my feelings are:

Almost every single location on the globe has been trampled on by another society. Almost every single civilization rests upon the ruins of others.

America, my home, had an ancient culture living here that was subjugated and destroyed. My family's ancestors scattered to the winds so badly, I may never locate their graves.

My gg Grandmother was sold for cattle to save her life...what good would it do for me to run around trying to make innocent Americans pay for that travesty?

I certainly do not blame England for this...what good would this do?

Is anyone alive in England responsible for this disgusting act?

Innocents live there now, I can not change my past. I can only go along with what I have been given.

We can choose to live a victim or we can move forward and be positive.

As far as the thousands of individual diverse cultures lumped into the lable known as the "West" being some hoogety boogety cause for everything bad on the planet I have to say this.

I equate the "shiney sparkley West" to television. Television is the greatest distraction I ever faced when it comes to progression of spirituality. It's a mind numbing device to me. But through it I have seen the plights and suffering of places like Tibet. So it has good things too.

But, if you don't like it...don't turn it on. Likewise...if you don't like the distraction that these other cultures bring. Don't live here.

This thread is about that exact issue. The situation here is not a fertile place for spiritual growth on this level. It's full of ridiculous things, disgusting things, wonderful things too. It's just like the TV.

No one's going to come to your door and make you turn it back on.

This thread was about parenting trying to make sure my children weren't sucked into the black hole of christianity.

I came here for native, convert/adoptee/student of and any otherwise affiliated persons dwelling in Sanatana Dharma. To give me advice on how to properly proceed.

If these children were sick, I would take them to the doctor.

If these children need spiritual help, I would take them to a group of my peers. Which is what I was doing when I posted.

Recently, I was unclear in my wording of something. A kind, wise person came to me privately...with respect and asked me of this.

I was able to not only understand this person, but because he did not flame me in a post unrelated to the topic...I was actually able to appreciate his opinion.

If someone wanted to teach another, angry words would not be used. They would have done as this wise teacher did for me...and kept that discussion out of the principal thread that was completely not related to the original topic.

It would be wonderful to see this common courtesy given to young children here, as well as old folks.

NayaSurya
11 June 2010, 05:09 AM
Namaste Naya

I think one can start by gently pointing out the knowledge of utter transcience of the attractions of the world to children. Each soul is fullness in itself - only a spark is required.

I think Rishikesh is an excellent choice. I like cold weather and only place I can think of settling down at is Rishikesh.

Best wishes

Om Namah Shivaya

The first time I saw it, I knew. It's in my heart.
Maybe some day God willing that we make it and you also...if you meet a tall woman with long blond hair and you come to say hi to me<3

NayaSurya
11 June 2010, 05:23 AM
Also, I thank you for keeping me company. I have been up for hours...it's past 6 am here now. But I have been sick, I caught my children's strep and fever so I couldn't sleep. It was nice to have someone to talk to.<3

Eastern Mind
11 June 2010, 07:18 AM
Vannakkam:

I just want to clarify my comment on the lack of western comforts in India.

Firstly, I adore India. Anyone who has read my pilgrimage log would know that. As TTA has said, she is the Mother. I put my forehead to the ground upon arrival home in Bangalore. Later this year I am going back.

In fairness, I have never been to Rishikesh at all. Perhaps there are places outside of TN that are as comfortable as the west is. I wasn't bothered by stuff nearly as much as my daughter was. The friendliness of the people and the energy of the temples overwhelmed me. Comfort is just what you get used to.

I am not sure if the Indians on here know some of the things westerners endure in India. One is water. Because of the lack of tolerance built up to the biology of the water, we are very susceptible to getting ill. Very ill. I know of people who had to make their way to an airport and get away just from illness. My dear wife lost 25 pounds on her pilgrimage 30 years ago. My daughter and I both got quite ill. This happens to non-resident Indians who go home as well. its a constant 'be careful, drink bottled water' mode.

The other one that got me was the heat. +42 C is absolutely unbearable for many westerners. I shudder at the thought.

But all this is just local 'what you are used to' stuff. The opposite is true as well. When Indians come here to Canada and hit -40 C weather, they must think "How terrible is this!" But for most, the economical reality here makes tropical people want to stay, despite the harsh climate. When I ask my Sri Lankan friends about going home to retire, or going to India, they all say . No way!" Of all the Indians I have ever met here, only one went home, my friend at Chidambaram.

So my comments about 'comforts' were taken out of context, or not explained sufficiently enough.

PS: I just checked the forecast for Rishikesh. It is supposedly hitting +40 on June 14. Again, it's all relative. Here a typica1 hottest day in summer might be +30.

Aum namasivaya

saidevo
11 June 2010, 07:31 AM
namaste NayaSurya.

Sorry I have to digress again from the thread topic to reply to your statements below. I agree with you that we cannot change the past.

America, my home, had an ancient culture living here that was subjugated and destroyed. My family's ancestors scattered to the winds so badly, I may never locate their graves.

My gg Grandmother was sold for cattle to save her life...what good would it do for me to run around trying to make innocent Americans pay for that travesty?

I certainly do not blame England for this...what good would this do?

Is anyone alive in England responsible for this disgusting act?

Innocents live there now, I can not change my past. I can only go along with what I have been given.

We can choose to live a victim or we can move forward and be positive.

But the problem with India is that the Christian vested interests do not allow her children even to read or remember her history or religion in schoos! Their arms are longer, flexible and more powerful than those of an octopus. They carry dollars and reach the dirtiest innards of India's political, intellectual and media edifice.

• Therefore, the invasion and attempted subversion of India by many Western nations (US and Italy being the chief among them) is still going on in clandestine and asuric ways. And this invasion is more powerful and hideous than those of the past.

• The past invasions have plundered India of her natural wealth and resources, and polluted the scriptural streams of Hindu dharma. The current invasion is to ensure the destruction of SanAnata Dharma in toto, by weaning its children away and making them drink the powdered milk of demonic kindness.

• You say that the American and British public are innocent, then and now. Yes they were/are, but countries and cultures are invaded by the ruling vultures, then and now. At least the winged vulture is a patient bird that has the coutesy to wait until the prey dies. These ruling vultures kill with money whose value is bloated by foreign-exchange rates, and suck the blood while it is still worm.

• Today, most of India's politicians and intellectuals are Christians in their mental make-up. They force India's children to have a Western material mentality, in order to ensure that the choice of India's future generation is not the traditional Veda dharma but only a diluted, Christianized form of it.

Under these simmering circumsances, how can the victims who are always targeted 'move forward and be positive'? They can only move in the vicious circle set up by the West and hope for some miraculous divine intervention.

PS: Glad to note that you prefer a far away place like Rishikesh as a holiday home in India, rather than an interior city that lives under the polluting fumes of the West.

NayaSurya
11 June 2010, 09:44 AM
Here the hottest day is usually in the upper 90's but our heat index makes it feel over 100. All of August here the heat index is over 100.

Which would be around 40c.

Let me say, the christians are the ones who converted my poor GGG Grandfather. He was misguided and believed they would let him keep his land. He took a christian name. But, even with all of his consessions they forced him off his land at gunpoint by U.S. soldiers.

Children taken west had their native names and religion stripped from them...making it almost impossible for someone like me to find their lost relatives.

Believe me when I say how much I do sympathize and understand wholey the situation. As would many people from Ireland...who were stripped of native religion and tribal lands by English invaders.

Perhaps anyone questioning why a white girl in the middle of KY would refuse to become christian could understand it was infact the thing which killed her family and their culture.

We are the subjugated. But, I live here and have accepted that I can not change this thing which is now in the past. If you all have a chance to prevent the things which have happened here, then by all means do. I make sure to never put a penny into the funds of these mega churches spreading out all over the world. I won't even buy girlscout cookies. Because I discovered the children are forced to pray to the christian god.

The second home wouldn't be to vacation. It would be to serve. At Parmarth there are orphanages. Orphanages run by Hindus. This is where my heart calls me. I can not speak of location of slums. It was not something that even occurred to me. But, let me assure you. If there are slums, this mother would do everything she could to help those dwelling there.

I hope that question was not mearly more anger directed at innocents. I did not choose this place. It was recognized.

My children protested so much at the thought of not having a "Family" home here that is why it would become a second home.

One time I was praying to Siva very long time. I asked God oh please how can I help the children who starve?

Suddenly something flew into my head on the side and impacted so loudly my husband woke up from sleeping beside me.

Immediately the words came. "Work on your own."

So all these years I have. I have been working on raising my own. But I will share the prayer that caused me to have this experience.

Just a sec...

We were lucky to be spared.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/neoluna/th_10-23-07FamilyPicture-sequthaand-1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/neoluna/10-23-07FamilyPicture-sequthaand-1.jpg)

That little girl in the right of center in my grandmother!

NayaSurya
11 June 2010, 10:01 AM
Hari Om Namah Sivaya

satay
11 June 2010, 11:20 AM
Admin Note

Namaste,

A genlte reminder to all members (old and new). Please keep the following rule in mind when posting.

No Flaming: Please do not post messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting to another member or guest. Please do not post inflammatory, rude, repetitive, or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize other members or disrupt the flow of discussion. This includes messages in profiles and signatures. Controversial topics are welcomed on HDF, however, do not post or create threads only for the sake of creating controversy or hostility. This site is for positive presentation of Sanatana Dharma. Please do not post insulting, hostile or negative comments about Hindus, Hinduism, India or Indians.

Yes, HDF is a forum for hindus (indian and westerners) to discuss spiritual matters, however, please keep in mind that hinduism originated from the womb of India where shiva sits as a guard on top of it thus as a rule hostile and negative comments about the mother are not allowed here on HDF.

Please do not make anti Indian remarks on HDF and enjoy the discussions.

Thank you.

NayaSurya
14 October 2010, 01:53 PM
So, as promised in one of these various threads I have come back to report I have a seven chamber haunted house in my garage.

This was apparently not the year to end this tradition...and so for three days this month I will be dressed as a day glo evil clown.:rolleyes:

On a positive note, we found out it's 25$ here for one child to go through a haunted house. So I was happy to know our free haunted house would be so good for the poor children here who can not afford such a thing. Also, we gave away to charity all the clothes, shoes, and toys filling the garage all the way up. So it's a win/win where that is concerned.

On a negative note, I am an evil clown.:p

If anyone would like to see pictures, I'll post them over on facebook when we go through our practice scares.

I did sit the children down and proclaim this our last year. So...hopefully next year it won't be so hard to back it down behind this event.