PDA

View Full Version : your assessment...

yajvan
15 June 2010, 07:48 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

For those jyotiṣa's or jyotiṣ-śiṣya-s ,
If one has not picked up on it, the last few days on HDF has been ~coarse~ in some of the conversations posted on HDF.
Is this (highly) unusual for HDF ? No, as this has occured many times before.

Yet let me ask for your assessment. If you look to the grāhaka¹ postions , is there an explaination you can offer?
Let's take aries as the lagna for this assessment. Also note the sun just entered the 3rd house ( gemini) - this is a hint. Note that a grāha begins to
have an affect on the activities of the next house it transits before entering it (saṃkrānti). Also note saturn's location as dristi on to this 3rd house, as we as rahu.

From these points ( and or others) can one make an assessment to some of the conversations that have occured in the last few days and to their tenor ?

praṇām

words

grāhaka - one who seizes or takes captive
saṃkrānti - course or passage or entry into , transference to; going from one place to another

NayaSurya
15 June 2010, 08:51 PM
I have noticed this...but with the new moon over and now building towards the full...things also begin to increase?

The sun says gaining attention displaying learning, the third says community...relations.. communication via writing and speech.

Gaining attention and understanding through communication within our community?

Yajvan, I have so much to learn. I was recently reading something you wrote a year or so ago about detemining gotra through lunar nakshatra and spent an entire day off track thinking on this:P

Then the next day, an individual come in talking about gotra, so it was right on time.:P

Eastern Mind
15 June 2010, 09:28 PM
Vannakkam:

I haven't noticed a thing. Its all a bunch of hogwash. ... lol

Aum Namasivaya

Darji
15 June 2010, 09:37 PM
I guess one could look to jyotish for an answer, but I think it might be as simple as "there was a minor negative influence, and now that negativity is gone".

All should balance out over the next couple of days. I already feel the negativity dissipating. :)

NayaSurya
15 June 2010, 09:37 PM
Oh you haven't eh?

Who was that certain goodly fellow I know who had paparatzi stalking him?:p

For the past few days and nights we have had record breaking temps here. 92+ degree temps with heat index over 100+ and then at night horrible electrical storms. So bad my son's computer which was only a year old got fried. Tonight, same situation. Heat heat and then electrical storm.

Darji
15 June 2010, 09:40 PM
You live in Cali, soon you're gonna be at the bottom of the ocean anyway :P

yajvan
15 June 2010, 09:41 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté nayasurya,

I have noticed this...but with the new moon over and now building towards the full...things also begin to increase?

The sun says gaining attention displaying learning, the third says community...relations.. communication via writing and speech.

Gaining attention and understanding through communication within our community?

A very good start to what is inferred.

The new moon , there is little to no 'light' ( prakāṣa ) from the moon (soma) to manas (mind).
And this is in the house of Mercury (budha) intellect who is the son of soma. Communication is influenced, yes?
Mercury is in the 12th from the sun and gives argula to ketu and sun.
Who looks on to cause some mischief? Rahu ( that natural bādhaka or obstuctor in one's chart). And also,
Sun passing though the 3rd. This brings intellectual arrogance. But there is some help from Jupiter ( Guru in the 10th) that aspects this 3rd house position.
Ketu and Sun are together in the 3rd . Ketu is higher knowlege - hence the conversations at hand on HDF ( is my assessment).A most interestng set of affairs for communication. Perhaps others see a few influences not yet mentioned?

praṇām

NayaSurya
15 June 2010, 09:47 PM
Yes, gaining attention/ arrogance in communications...I was trying not to say it rudely but it's true. The sun is always the show off.:P

Who lives in Cali?

I can't live there..most of that state is too liberal for me...I'm too conservative.:p

Darji
15 June 2010, 09:53 PM
I could have sworn you lived in Cali... forgive me it's 5 am

yajvan
15 June 2010, 09:58 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté nayasurya,

Yes, gaining attention/ arrogance in communications...I was trying not to say it rudely but it's true. The sun is always the show off.:P

Yes, yet this sun is a blessing. It is the natural atma-kārakā in one's chart. When it is both cara atma-kārakā & iṣṭadevatā spiritual advancements are expected.
And this sun is the kāraka (one who does, or produces or creates ) of the lagna.
Surya is a bit hot at times, but is in perfect balance in movement - sattvic. It never is retro-grade. It is the king of the grāha-s.

praṇām

NayaSurya
15 June 2010, 10:18 PM
Every morning I greet Surya, I sit in my window to sing to him. I am Leo so the Sun is my friend, unless I sit outside a long time.:p

NayaSurya
15 June 2010, 10:19 PM
I could have sworn you lived in Cali... forgive me it's 5 am

Wow, it is late for you, or early:P It's 11 here on East coast.

yajvan
16 June 2010, 08:45 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

namasté

Every morning I greet Surya, I sit in my window to sing to him. I am Leo so the Sun is my friend, unless I sit outside a long time.:p

12 names of sūrya-ji for one's consideration.

ॐ मित्राय नमः
oṁ mitrāya namaḥ
mitra is a friend , companion ; A name of an āditya amd generally praised/invoked/worshiped with varuṇa i.e. mitrá-varuṇa
ॐ रवये नमः
oṁ ravayé namaḥ
ravayé is ravi - regarded as one of the 12 āditya-s ; hence ravi is also a name/noun for the number 12. Why so? He owns the 12 rāśi-s (signs).
ॐ सूर्याय नमः
oṁ sūryāya namaḥ
sūrya is one of the original Vedic triad , his place being in the sky ,agni is on the earth , and that of indra is in the atmosphere/heaven. Sometimes named vivasvat; sūrya as we know is part of the 12 āditya-s
ॐ सावित्रे नमः
oṁ sāvitré namaḥ
savitṛ - some call the sun before rising savitṛ , and after rising till its setting sūrya. The word itself in a mascline gender means a stimulator , rouser.
savitṛ has golden hands , arms & hair and as expected is one of the āditya-s. Savitṛ as we know is the subject of the gāyatrī mantra. This hymn is
also called at times sāvitrī meaning of or decending from the sun. At times we hear sāvitrī as the wife of kaśyapa , or brahmā or śiva to name a few.If one wished to read some of the ṛg ved hymns to sūrya that includes mitrá & varuṇa + savitṛ one could look to the sūktā-s 1.35.0 to 1.35.10 offered to us by the kavi ( or ṛṣi ) hiraṇyastūpaḥ āgirasaḥ

More on the other names in a future post.

ॐ भानवे नमः
oṁ bhānavé namaḥ
ॐ खगय नमः
oṁ khagāya namaḥ
ॐ पुष्णे नमः
oṁ pushné namaḥ
ॐ हिरण्यगर्भाय नमः
oṁ hiranyagarbhāya namaḥ
ॐ मारिचाये नमः
oṁ mārichāyé namaḥ
ॐ आदित्याय नमः
oṁ ādityāya namaḥ
ॐ अर्काय नमः
oṁ ārkāya namaḥ
ॐ भास्कराय नमः
oṁ bhāskarāya namaḥ praṇām

NayaSurya
16 June 2010, 09:01 PM
Yajvan, these names above are exactly what I say each morning at sunrise!

Jai Uttal has a wonderful version of this and I always sing this to greet the day.

Thank you so so much for the information about the names. When I got the names it didn't explain them well at all. Thank you<3

yajvan
16 June 2010, 11:00 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~
namast&#233;

one name I am fond of ....

ॐ भास्कराय नमः
oṁ bhāskarāya namaḥ

bhāskara is 'making light' , shining , glittering , bright . A name of śiva . From inside bhāskara we have bhās which is to shine , be bright. We can can apply it to sūrya and call him bhāsāmpati 'lord of rays of light' .

praṇām

NayaSurya
17 June 2010, 09:30 AM
It makes sense that you, one who brings such light, would be fond of such a wonderful name.

Many lights on the forum.

So much to learn, it's the lulal, the ocean.

Lastnight I was practicing reciting the Gita, very difficult for the girl to understand certain things....such as how the C in Ciava = more of a StCH

But it remind me of what she says in the very begining.

"The spirit of man seeks, uncertain of what it will discover.
None of us is perfect... it is the striving towards perfection that enriches our lives.

For, far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs....even though marred by failure.

Than to take rank with those feeble spirits...who neither enjoy nor offer much.

Because they exist in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

So we seek...despite our feeble mistakes, we strive on.

The light here on the forum moves us beyond the twilight.

May Bhaskaraya bless us all with this Divine Light<3

Om Bhaskaraya Namaha