PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Residence or Dual Citizenship?

redrobin
21 June 2010, 04:03 PM
Can someone please enlighten. How to predict Foreign Res v/s Dual Citizenship?

yajvan
23 June 2010, 08:48 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~~

namasté

An approach

kāraka
Which grāhaka-s¹ ~planets~ are the kāraka¹ of residing in foreign lands? rāhu; Sanjay Rath also says venus is a kāraka of foreign travels. Where do they reside?

bhāva
And what bhāva ( house ) indicates foreign travel ?

The 3rd house indicates travel within one's land of residence
The 7th there from i.e. the 9th house indicates foreign travels
The 7th house also indicates foreign travels ( as the natural kāraka of the 7th is venus)
The 12th house shows change in environments.One must look at the 12th lord and the 12th house, the 9th lord and the 9th house.

Movable , fixed, dual
So we see the 7th, 9th and 12th houses and lords are important. One then needs to consider if these houses are movable, fixed or both
consider them from:
a. Lagna position
b. Arudha lagna position
c. Are they movable signs?
d. Are the lords in movable signs?

So, the 7th, 9th and 12th house have say on foreign affairs and residence... 12th being the deciding factor.

If we look to the trines ( 5th and 9th there from) of the 12th house we arrive at the 4th ( home indications) and 8th ( life). Is the lagna lord in the 9th or 12th? What of the kāraka's ? where are they?

praṇām

words

kāraka - maker, or doer. instrumental in bringing about the action; what does or creates.
rāhu - from the root √ rabh - " the seizer " ;rāhu seizes the sun and moon and thus cause eclipses. He is the natural bādhaka in one's chart.
grāhaka - one who siezes or takes captive
graha ग्रह- seizing , laying hold of , holding i.e. a graha ~seizes~ or influences the circumstances of the native.
bhāva - a house; the state or condition of a planet ; from bhū becoming , being , existing , occurring , appearance ; manner of acting or conduct

redrobin
24 June 2010, 10:57 AM
Thank-you very much Yajvanji. As I am Kanya Rasi, my Lagnesh Me is in 12th yuti Surya in Simha - a Fixed Sign. Deb. Venus occupies Lagna thereby aspecting 7th.And the 7th Lord Ju is in 10th, Gemini - a dual sign. Rahu is in a Fixed sign of Ta in 9th. From Al standpoint, my AL is in Cancer and 7th from there is Cap a movable with Sa in Aq.

The reason for this question is that I have just got my permanent GC but going back to India in Oct or so with a view to start business, hopefully U.S being my core market. I can apply for Naturalization in the next year and a half. Something that I would like.

Also from an Astro standpoint, my understanding is that Lagnesh and Lord of 10th in 12th bhava indicates foreign residence? More so, if Surya is also there? But for foreign residence to happen a disturbed 4th bhava is necessary? In my case my 4th is not afflicted, with Moon placed there being aspected by Ju? I did not understand the importance of 8th bhava for this reading. Though 8th being Aries is aspected by Mars from 2nd house and Sa in 6th.

Clarity on this reading would really be appreciated.

Regards,

RR

yajvan
24 June 2010, 09:56 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~~

namasté redrobin,

Thank-you very much Yajvanji. As I am Kanya Rasi, my Lagnesh Me is in 12th yuti Surya in Simha - a Fixed Sign. Deb. Venus occupies Lagna thereby aspecting 7th.And the 7th Lord Ju is in 10th, Gemini - a dual sign. Rahu is in a Fixed sign of Ta in 9th. From Al standpoint, my AL is in Cancer and 7th from there is Cap a movable with Sa in Aq.

The reason for this question is that I have just got my permanent GC but going back to India in Oct or so with a view to start business, hopefully U.S being my core market. I can apply for Naturalization in the next year and a half. Something that I would like.

Also from an Astro standpoint, my understanding is that Lagnesh and Lord of 10th in 12th bhava indicates foreign residence? More so, if Surya is also there? But for foreign residence to happen a disturbed 4th bhava is necessary? In my case my 4th is not afflicted, with Moon placed there being aspected by Ju? I did not understand the importance of 8th bhava for this reading. Though 8th being Aries is aspected by Mars from 2nd house and Sa in 6th.

Note that 10th is career or how one spends the light of the day - due to its association with the sun ( see the connection? ) The 12th is still foreign travels or occupancy - plus many many other things ( such as liberation, pleasures, of the bed, losses, etc). Hence lagna + 10th lord in the 12th is a clear indication of foreign residence ( to me).
You have many fixed-sign influences but with the movable signs also influencing. The question I'd see is if you return to the USA i.e. Movement to India as a permanent stay.

Note there are two types of aspects - one as a desire ( which we consider graha dristi) and the other which is more firm, and is rasi dristi. Desires sometimes become fulfilled, sometimes not.

praṇām

redrobin
25 June 2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks, Yajvanji!

Also I had no idea that Rasi dristi is srtonger than graha dristi.

Regards,

RR