PDA

View Full Version : Dreams about Black Elephants, Lord Varaha, Lord Vishnu

sunny123
21 June 2010, 04:05 PM
Just curious about some dreams I've been having... wondering if anyone has any ideas?

1) After coming back from graduation, I had a dream where I was standing on the balcony of the hotel where I was having my ceremony, and saw a family of 6 black elephants (there were some baby ones and some mature elephants). They were swimming along the shore line and looked like they were about to journey to the next island. It was bright and sunny. The sand was almost white. And the water was turquoise and sparkling. I could even see another island across the shore, which normally would be difficult to see. My grandfather had passed away last year, and it was his dream to see both of his nephews graduate. In this dream, he was sitting amongst the rest of the family members who were not able to make it to the ceremony.

2) I had a dream last night where I was in some sort of lecture hall. I was wearing an indian style of white trousers, with a maroon border at the bottom. This border had an intricate pattern, and when I took a closer look, it appeared to be a golden outline of Varaha (3rd incarnation of Vishnu). I could see clearly the crown on top of the boar's head. While sitting in this hall, I looked up and saw a huge poster with numerous portrait photographs of elderly ladies, with the end part of their sari's covering their heads. Almost all of their sari's appeared to be in bright red, red/gold, or red/white combination. While sitting there, I also had my sitar beside me, as if I was going to play something, but I never did, as I was waiting for the right moment to begin. The walls of the hall seemed to vanish and the event seemed to be taking place in a field, dark green grass and the sky seemed to be dark (as if a rain storm would start). The air seemed to be heavy but light at the same time. I looked up and Vishnu was in the air sitting in his chariot (Garuda - the Bird), and beside him were many children laughing and smiling. Vishnu seemed to be presiding over whatever ceremony this was. There was no expression over his face, as he seemed involved looking over everyone in the crowd. A devotional song came blaring over the speakers, and I didn't know the words to it, so I closed my eyes and tried to sing it but I couldn't. A Hare krishna devotee came around and offered me a written copy of this song, but it was written in Bengali. My Bengali wasn't good (as I haven't used it in 2 decades) so I found it difficult to keep up with the song.

I know dreaming of elephants is a good sign, but these elephants were so black, I had never seen such animals. And I don't think I've ever heard of anyone giving much importance to Varaha, so even I was surprised at seeing him in my dream. As a kid, I just knew he was half man/half boar, but that was about it.