PDA

View Full Version : Info regarding sri appayya dikshitar ji

isavasya
23 June 2010, 05:05 AM
Namaste all,

I will be very thankful if someone clarifies few doubts I have. Did the great teacher sri appayya dikshitar ji propounded the teachings of shankaracharya's kevala advaita or sri srinkanthacharya's shiva adviata ? In one book I read that sri appayya dikshitar ji has criticized shankaracharya in his commentary on srikanthacharya's brahma sutra bhasyam.
At other places I have read he was also an advaitin. can any body tell me, which school of though sri appayya dikshitar ji represented ?

Also where can i buy the book Sivakarmani dipika ? is a English translation available ?

Ravilochana
07 August 2010, 05:58 PM
Did the great teacher sri appayya dikshitar ji propounded the teachings of shankaracharya's kevala advaita or sri srinkanthacharya's shiva adviata ? In one book I read that sri appayya dikshitar ji has criticized shankaracharya in his commentary on srikanthacharya's brahma sutra bhasyam.
At other places I have read he was also an advaitin. can any body tell me, which school of though sri appayya dikshitar ji represented ?

Appayya Dikshitar, the hater of Madhvas, started out as a Shiva-Advaitin (which makes no sense since an Advaitin is supposed to be totally immune to the appearance of the Lord) and ended up as a proper Advaitin when he realized the illogic in his thinking, at least as far as Advaita is concerned.

Appayya Dikshitar hated Madhvas and Vishnu. I have read his book, "Shivaadhikya" or "The Superiority of Shiva". I concede that Dikshitar was a brilliant scholar, but he was detestable.

The only truth is Dvaita school and Sri Hari is the Sarvattoma.

isavasya
12 August 2010, 04:12 PM
Appayya Dikshitar, the hater of Madhvas, started out as a Shiva-Advaitin (which makes no sense since an Advaitin is supposed to be totally immune to the appearance of the Lord) and ended up as a proper Advaitin when he realized the illogic in his thinking, at least as far as Advaita is concerned.

Appayya Dikshitar hated Madhvas and Vishnu. I have read his book, "Shivaadhikya" or "The Superiority of Shiva". I concede that Dikshitar was a brilliant scholar, but he was detestable.

The only truth is Dvaita school and Sri Hari is the Sarvattoma.

Ha ha, the only truth Dvaita ??? Not Islam, christianity ,Judaism?

Another reply which really says a lot about your thought about other sampradayas and schools. Stop poking your nose in every thread to give the same reply that 'only' truth is dwaita. Stop abusing great saints and gyanis.

Hated madhvas ? I think it is some madhva who hate others, I say 'some' because, there are some who are very good people. I know one such person. You believe he was detestable, shaivites don't have to abuse vaishnavas to prove their point like Muslims, Christians and 'dvaitins like you'. Last but not the least, I didn't began this thread to know dwaita is only truth, so kindly keep your ego with yourself. By the way, even after 700 years, dwaita has not spread out in pavitr bhumi of aryavarta (confined to karnataka, small part of Tn), and it won't till you dont change your only truth concept and stop abusing others.