PDA

View Full Version : Namaste

ramanirvana
25 June 2010, 08:57 AM
I am new to this forum and trying to find my spiritual path through hinduism.i I have been looking at different gods and godesses and I wonder why lord Brahma,the creator is hardly worshiped as supreme and there are hardly no temples of him.Is it because of some curse?Do any on this forum follow Lord Brahma's path?

Eastern Mind
25 June 2010, 01:03 PM
Vannakkam ramanirvana:

Welcome to these forums.

I don't really know the answer. Someone else on here will be able to answer better. As far as I know, Brahma is related to Brahman which is unmanifest. Maybe that's why.

Aum Namasivaya

isavasya
25 June 2010, 01:38 PM
Dear Ramnirvana,

Welcome to the forums sir:)

Lord brahma has three temples in India, one at pushkar is quite famous. Though I agree in daily life no body worships lord brahma. There are some explanations offered in purans, once lord brahma went to find the height of shivalinga (cosmic pillar) but couldn't find it even after years. But when he returened he lied to everyone that he found the top of the pillar. To this lie, Lord shiva cursed him that he will never be worshiped by anyone.

Also lord brahma is not the creator in primary sense, means he only creates material universe and pashus. Brahma himself is created being, created by ishwara.

Namaste easter mind ji,

brahma related to brahman ? No sir brahm may denote brahman (unmenifest), lord brahma (four faced) is definitely menifest, in fact he is the first one who perceives duality.

Ramakrishna
25 June 2010, 08:16 PM
Namaste ramanirvana,

Welcome to HDF! Hopefully you will learn a lot about Sanatana Dharma here. I'm looking forward to your posts.

Jai Sri Krishna

Odion
26 June 2010, 06:48 AM
Welcome! Nice to see you here! :)

ramanirvana
27 June 2010, 09:12 AM
thank you all for your kind answers and greetings.

Logically
04 July 2010, 04:24 PM
namaste all
it is nice to be here
this website is great