PDA

View Full Version : On Reincarnation & Karma

Storm
27 June 2010, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure this is the right place for this thread, so mods please feel free to move it. I THOUGHT there was a subforum for reincarnation, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway.

I have certain issues with my understanding of karma and reincarnation in Hinduism. I would like to know whether this is because I honestly disagree, or simply misunderstand. So, I'll begin with offering my beliefs as they are. I'm still a bit uncertain as to the rules on debate, but I welcome it if allowed.

For context, my elevator speech: I believe in what someone cleverer than I dubbed "the living Godiverse." That God is a sapient organism whose body is the cosmos. All matter is its flesh, all awareness its mind.

I believe in a divine seed of consciousness (rhys) which is immortal. It is the deepest core of the self, and aware of God in total. Mysticism works to give us greater awareness of this perspective.

The personality, though, what you might call ego... that's mortal, being at least equally dependent upon the brain as the rhys. In other words, *I* am an event, an experience. Death is the end of it. What goes on is not what I would recognize as myself. My rhys will go on to other lives, but it will not be me.

So that's reincarnation, which brings us to karma. While I believe in cause and effect on a moral level, I don't think it carries on between lives. What we do sends out ripples that return to us, but we get a clean slate upon death.

That said, we all go through the same lessons. We will all be the monster, and the victim; the Enlightened sage, and the vapid hedonist. It balances out in the end.

In contrast, my understanding of karma is that it carries over to the next incarnation. It's less a process of learning than a system of debt. Bad karma must be paid off, good karma produces reward.

The extent of my disagreement depends on how you fine people view the personality. If it is functionally immortal, with one incarnation being of the same essence as the last, it's fair. I don't quite agree with it, but I can see the justice. However, if the self dies with the brain, it strikes me as rather unfair.

So, my questions:
1) Obviously, the first question is whether my knowledge is accurate. If I'm missing nuance or just completely misled, please correct me. :)

2) Is the personality mortal or immortal? Do we simply forget our past deeds, while remaining the same person in essence?

3) Are the various sects generally in agreement, or are some closer to my own beliefs than others?

Eastern Mind
27 June 2010, 10:17 AM
[quote=Storm;46511]

While I believe in cause and effect on a moral level, I don't think it carries on between lives.

In contrast, my understanding of karma is that it carries over to the next incarnation. [quote=Storm;46511]

Vannakkam Storm:

These two statements within your post seem contradictory to me. Can you explain a bit more?

The sects and individuals vary quite a bit actually when you delve into it, so you may get quite the variety of responses.

Yes, it has been discussed at length here before, but I'm not good at navigating even this site. Perhaps someone will direct you. I personally do not believe in good or bad karma, but only karma. I also don't see it as 'an eye for an eye' but far more complicated than that. What I do believe is that the impact of your own action will come back to you in direct proportion, unless your bhakti or meditations are deep enough to lessen it. It also for me is a constant process. At the same time as you are reaping the effects of past deeds, you are sowing more seeds. Each tiny action will have a repercussion sometime somewhere.

Aum Namasivaya

Storm
27 June 2010, 10:30 AM
While I believe in cause and effect on a moral level, I don't think it carries on between lives.

In contrast, my understanding of karma is that it carries over to the next incarnation.

Vannakkam Storm:

These two statements within your post seem contradictory to me. Can you explain a bit more?
Of course.

I don't believe in karma as I understand it. Something similar, simple cause and effect, but I don't call it "karma" becuase of the perceived disagreement on how it works with reincarnation.

Did that answer your question?

The sects and individuals vary quite a bit actually when you delve into it, so you may get quite the variety of responses.
Not unexpected. :)

Yes, it has been discussed at length here before, but I'm not good at navigating even this site. Perhaps someone will direct you. I personally do not believe in good or bad karma, but only karma. I also don't see it as 'an eye for an eye' but far more complicated than that. What I do believe is that the impact of your own action will come back to you in direct proportion, unless your bhakti or meditations are deep enough to lessen it. It also for me is a constant process. At the same time as you are reaping the effects of past deeds, you are sowing more seeds. Each tiny action will have a repercussion sometime somewhere.
OK. What about the reincarnation issue?

Eastern Mind
27 June 2010, 10:47 AM
Vannakkam again:

I think I get your dilemma with karma. Your intellectual understanding of it as it is presented within Hindu books is different than your own beliefs. Personally, when that happens to me, I go with my own gut or intuition. It is less circular than the intellect. Reading a bunch of different books or viewpoints may tend to just cloud the issue.

As for reincarnation, I see no 'issue'. For most Hindus, it is at the very core of their belief system. There is no need to prove anything to anyone. Personally, I just take it for granted, like the sun will come up today. There are some subtle variations such as reincarnating as animals or plants that some people might believe. (I don't, except in 2 special circumstances) The soul body (not the self within it) is aware between births, and if evolved enough can pick and choose its next birth. It is not some random hit and miss thing. Usually once a new body is taken on, the remnants of the last life will disappear over a couple of years as the new programming takes over in the intellect. But that explains why children may say very interesting things when they are very young, because they still have some memory of the last life, but are unable to express it clearly. Eventually, as they grow, they lose the memories altogether.

Aum Namasivaya

ScottMalaysia
27 June 2010, 08:33 PM
So that's reincarnation, which brings us to karma. While I believe in cause and effect on a moral level, I don't think it carries on between lives. What we do sends out ripples that return to us, but we get a clean slate upon death.

Karma does carry on between lives. The birth we take is determined by our karma. This explains why some people are born rich and others are born poor, why some people are born with incredible talents and others are born crippled or mentally ill. If God is fair, then why would He stack the deck against some individuals by having them be born poor or crippled?

The reason that people are born crippled is because they have done something bad in their past life. People born into rich families have accumulated some merts in their previous lives and are born in a higher station of life.

Karma and reincarnation also explain why "bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people". The good people mentioned have done some bad deeds in their past lives and are paying for them now. Consequently, if you see a bad person who is rich, then he may have accumulated a lot of good deeds in his previous lives.

Eastern Mind
27 June 2010, 09:30 PM
Consequently, if you see a bad person who is rich, then he may have accumulated a lot of good deeds in his previous lives.

Vannakkam Scott: For some reason I found this funny, as my response was "Yeah, and now he's messin' it all up again!" (Because he's a 'bad' person)

I think its very important to remain level headed and humble whe you are reaping punya or you just repeat the same cycle all over again.

Aum Namasivaya

vcindiana
27 June 2010, 10:13 PM
Karma does carry on between lives. The birth we take is determined by our karma. This explains why some people are born rich and others are born poor, why some people are born with incredible talents and others are born crippled or mentally ill. If God is fair, then why would He stack the deck against some individuals by having them be born poor or crippled?

The reason that people are born crippled is because they have done something bad in their past life. People born into rich families have accumulated some merts in their previous lives and are born in a higher station of life.

Karma and reincarnation also explain why "bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people". The good people mentioned have done some bad deeds in their past lives and are paying for them now. Consequently, if you see a bad person who is rich, then he may have accumulated a lot of good deeds in his previous lives.

Dear SM:

This post I consider the traditional view of most Hindus. I am not here to argue but just want to state my view.

If cause and effect were to be cut and dry then the verse 2: 47 in BG does not make sense.

The verse says I have the right to action but not the fruit of. Action as I understood here is the Cause and the fruit of action is the effect. No matter how good or the bad the action I perform I cannot expect a proportionate effect or the fruit. Krishna never guaranteed Arjuna that he would win the war.

Karma as I understood is the work I do as a duty expecting the right result ( fruit) , it is conditional , painful, stressful and it keeps getting heavier ( Karmic load). Can any one answer how much good work is good enough to get over the karma ? Unconditional work is love which brings joy and it burns the Karmic load ( Vinobha)

No one in this world really knows why bad things happen to good people and other millions of unanswered questions and there is no use in coming up with some explanation that does not help me. Good/ blessed people are created to help the Bad/needy ones to become better and experience the God/Love. God is an experience to me not an explanation.

Love............VC

yajvan
27 June 2010, 10:17 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~~

namasté

bad and good is a matter of culture and perspective and how we view things... This story may assist in our understanding.

The 8 vasus were wandering in the woods with their wives. They came upon a cow. This cow was the off-spring of Kashyapa and Surabhi ( the daughter of the great Daksha). Its name was Nandini ( We know her as Nandi). His is the cow of plenty with the ability of granting ones desires. The wife if Dyu said lets give this cow to an earth fiend of mine and by drinking Nandi's milk will not have to ever suffer disease and old age.m Dyu also said that this cow was in owned by a great rishi, yet Dyu wanted to please his wife.
The owner of this cow is the rishi Vasishtha (वासिष्ठ vāsiṣṭha) and also known as rishi Apava. Upon his return to his hermitage he noted Nandi was missing and applying his 'vision' seen the offenders - the vasus. He was instantly beside himself and cursed them then to be born on earth.

Once the vasu-s became aware of this, they came to Vasishtha-ji post haste. The vasu-s tried to pacify the rishi yet he would have none of it. He did though say, you will be all free of my curse less Dyu within one year after your birth's on earth. For Dyu he must stay longer. He will be virtuous and knowledgeable of the scriptures and an obedient son. Yet he will not have female companionship or children. Vasishtha then left.
So now the vasus are thinking , we must be born of this earth. Yet we do not want to be children with any random mother. They approached the Queen of the Rivers, Ganga, and asked while she was on earth, they could be born of her.

Why was Ganga to become human too? To fulfill another curse given to King Santanu while he was a royal sage named Mahabhisha. He was condemned to earth for looking upon Ganga when her garments were blown off and did not cast his eyes away. for this infraction, off to earth he goes, and Ganga is to be reborn there to, to give him infractions, repaying his insolence.

So both Mahabhisha and Ganga are born here on earth. Santanu is born son of a King (Pratipa) of the Puru line and takes the throne in due course. While outhunting he ran across a beautiful woman, and this was Ganga in the flesh. There wasn't much dating I gather in those days, and King Santanu asked her to be his wife. Ganga said, yes, but under these conditions - 'you must not interfere with anything I do , agreeable or disagreeable. And you will not address me unkindly. If this should occur I will certainly leave you'. To this the King agreed.

Both enjoyed each others company. Ganga started having children, the father, Santanu. The couple had 8 children ( as per the vasu-s agreement with Ganga). Yet each time one as born Ganga would take the babe to the river, throw the new babe in and say 'This is for thy good'. Since they were born on earth, they did not want to stay a minute longer then needed so Ganga did the honors, knowing full well the origin of these babes. The King was beside himself, yet was tied by his agreement to Ganga that he could not act without the liability of losing his lovely wife.
Yet when they got to their 8th child, Santanu could not take it any more and said ' Kill it not!' Why do you kill your own children! Your sins are great!' As you can tell that broke the contract with Ganga. On that note Ganga tells the King who she really is, and the agreement she had with the 8 vasus.

The one child left was named Gangadatta. In the original agreement with Ganga the 8 vasus agreed to each contribute 1/8th of their energies that would remain in the last vasu that remained on earth - this was Dyu who now became Gangadatta. Ganga then left, 'disappeared' and took Gangadatta. He was also given two other names - Devavrata and Gangeya ( short for Gangadatta).

praṇām

Onkara
28 June 2010, 09:31 AM
Hi Storm
So in Advaita Vedanta everything comes from consciousness or rhys to you, my friend. Matter, consisting of form and name arises in rhys. Rhys is the foundation too for mind, as mind is matter. Rhys is that from which the Godiverse arises. Godiverse is matter, correct? So matter exists and changes within rhys. (you may see this reversed, but that is not so in Vedanta).

As you say, you are an event, but you as event = the body, that which experiences this body is the real you. Your body too is changing, as is the nature of all mater in the Godiverse, but the real you is rhys, and rhys knows all change even birth and death. When all mater finisishes, rhys will still be. Rhys is the foundation and contrary to popular opinion it does not arise in Godiverse, rather the reverse as illustrated above.

Memory is matter, it comes with the brain. If we remove or damage part of the brain memory stops or is changed, but you will continue and will say "Oh, i cannot remember" that which cannot remember is rhys. Rhys is only one, it is not limited by form (by matter). It is as you say eternal.This is why memory of previous births cannot be explained by each individual.

So when this body acts under greed, desire, passion, anger etc, in its own interest (as a body), then the results (effects) must continue to operate until extinguished in the Godiverse. They continue with matter over and over again until exhausted. Now some say that matter is subtle too, i.e. the subtle body. So it is the subtle body which reincarnates and exists to bear the fruit of its previous actions, but the subtle body does not have personality or memeory. This play of cause and effect (karma) occours in rhys for eternity until one of two thing happens:

1) Rhys destroys all matter - the godiverse is extinguished. (imagination for us)

2) you realise completely and utterly that you are rhys, not just the words but beyond words and thoughts. At that point you become one with rhys and continue to exist but with bliss and inner peace knowing that you have reached moksha. At this point too, all actions are not done for the body but for the goodness of rhys itSelf and so the fruit of action dissipates and does not cling to the body as before. The body serves you, as rhys until its end. This is positive, this is libration whilst living, this is God - Brahman.

I have certain issues with my understanding of karma and reincarnation in Hinduism. I would like to know whether this is because I honestly disagree, or simply misunderstand. So, I'll begin with offering my beliefs as they are. I'm still a bit uncertain as to the rules on debate, but I welcome it if allowed.

For context, my elevator speech: I believe in what someone cleverer than I dubbed "the living Godiverse." That God is a sapient organism whose body is the cosmos. All matter is its flesh, all awareness its mind.

I believe in a divine seed of consciousness (rhys) which is immortal. It is the deepest core of the self, and aware of God in total. Mysticism works to give us greater awareness of this perspective.

The personality, though, what you might call ego... that's mortal, being at least equally dependent upon the brain as the rhys. In other words, *I* am an event, an experience. Death is the end of it. What goes on is not what I would recognize as myself. My rhys will go on to other lives, but it will not be me.

That said, we all go through the same lessons. We will all be the monster, and the victim; the Enlightened sage, and the vapid hedonist. It balances out in the end.

In contrast, my understanding of karma is that it carries over to the next incarnation. It's less a process of learning than a system of debt. Bad karma must be paid off, good karma produces reward.

The extent of my disagreement depends on how you fine people view the personality. If it is functionally immortal, with one incarnation being of the same essence as the last, it's fair. I don't quite agree with it, but I can see the justice. However, if the self dies with the brain, it strikes me as rather unfair.

So, my questions:
1) Obviously, the first question is whether my knowledge is accurate. If I'm missing nuance or just completely misled, please correct me. :)

2) Is the personality mortal or immortal? Do we simply forget our past deeds, while remaining the same person in essence?

3) Are the various sects generally in agreement, or are some closer to my own beliefs than others?

upsydownyupsy mv ss
28 June 2010, 10:03 AM
:o I'm embarrassed saying this, 'I've never even given a proper thought to rebirth. The reason is, I don't know which is reborn... I didn't get the advaitha viewpoint in the above threads. Are the mind+intellect+other subtle layer reborn? Are the intellect+other subtle layers reborn? I've heard a dvaitha view of rebirth, saying some astral bodies along with soul are reborn, not with intellect and mind. So, I also have had issues understanding rebirth. Is there any explanation with repect to advaitha? Now, that would help me. I have never even bothered till now to go deep into concept of rebirth. I believe in rebirth, due to some personal experiences, but can't find an explanation with respect to advaitha, if anyone can help me there, I'd be comfortable.
Storm, thanks.... you've done a good job by starting this thread! :p
I'll start a thread in advaitham if none will answer the way I'd understand rebirth with respect to advaitham here. I need answers too.

satay
28 June 2010, 10:33 AM
namaste VC,

Karma and reincarnation are two major components of Hinduism.

Good/ blessed people are created to help the Bad/needy ones to become better and experience the God/Love.
Love............VC

I can say as you said that no one really knows why Good/blessed people are created.

How do you know that Good/blessed people are created to help the bad/needy ones?

Also, there is no such term as 'blessed' people in Hinduism. Are you trying to impose your bible on us again?

Storm
28 June 2010, 10:52 AM
Hi Storm
So in Advaita Vedanta everything comes from consciousness or rhys to you, my friend. Matter, consisting of form and name arises in rhys. Rhys is the foundation too for mind, as mind is matter. Rhys is that from which the Godiverse arises. Godiverse is matter, correct? So matter exists and changes within rhys. (you may see this reversed, but that is not so in Vedanta).
Forgive me, I'm a bit unsure about this part. Either you're misunderstanding my beliefs, or simply borrowing my terminology to explain yours.

If the former, rhys and matter are equal. Neither gives rise to the other, they are two of the three primal elements of our reality (the third is life force, energy). The Godiverse is all three, and their infinitely complex interactions.

If otoh, you're borrowing my words... I appreciate the kind gesture, but I would prefer you didn't. It confuses things a bit, and also, I want to learn about Hinduism as it is. Anyway, you seem to be saying that consciousness is primary, the source of matter. Is that correct?

As you say, you are an event, but you as event = the body, that which experiences this body is the real you. Your body too is changing, as is the nature of all mater in the Godiverse, but the real you is rhys, and rhys knows all change even birth and death. When all mater finisishes, rhys will still be. Rhys is the foundation and contrary to popular opinion it does not arise in Godiverse, rather the reverse as illustrated above.

Memory is matter, it comes with the brain. If we remove or damage part of the brain memory stops or is changed, but you will continue and will say "Oh, i cannot remember" that which cannot remember is rhys. Rhys is only one, it is not limited by form (by matter). It is as you say eternal.This is why memory of previous births cannot be explained by each individual.
OK, with you so far.

So when this body acts under greed, desire, passion, anger etc, in its own interest (as a body), then the results (effects) must continue to operate until extinguished in the Godiverse. They continue with matter over and over again until exhausted. Now some say that matter is subtle too, i.e. the subtle body. So it is the subtle body which reincarnates and exists to bear the fruit of its previous actions, but the subtle body does not have personality or memeory.
You lost me here. Rephrase, please?

2) you realise completely and utterly that you are rhys, not just the words but beyond words and thoughts. At that point you become one with rhys and continue to exist but with bliss and inner peace knowing that you have reached moksha. At this point too, all actions are not done for the body but for the goodness of rhys itSelf and so the fruit of action dissipates and does not cling to the body as before. The body serves you, as rhys until its end. This is positive, this is libration whilst living, this is God - Brahman.
While this is not my belief, I think I understand it.

Onkara
28 June 2010, 12:22 PM
Hi Storm

If the former, rhys and matter are equal. Neither gives rise to the other, they are two of the three primal elements of our reality (the third is life force, energy). The Godiverse is all three, and their infinitely complex interactions.
That's interesting, and useful to understanding Vedanta in my opinion, as both matter and consciousness are linked, but consciousness precedes matter.

...you seem to be saying that consciousness is primary, the source of matter. Is that correct?
Correct, consciousness, cit, is primary, all else arises from it and in it.

So when this body acts under greed, desire, passion, anger etc, in its own interest (as a body), then the results (effects) must continue to operate until extinguished. They continue with matter over and over again until exhausted. Now some say that matter is subtle too, i.e. the subtle body. So it is the subtle body which reincarnates and exists to bear the fruit of its previous actions, but the subtle body does not have personality or memeory.
You lost me here. Rephrase, please?

This part really aims to answer your question. What reincarnates is considered to be some to be the subtle body, not the physical body. So personality and memory are not reincarnated necessarily as they, in my opinion, belong to the material brain organ, which dies at physical death.

What causes reincarnation is karma, or the fruit of our actions not yet spent or exhausted. The reason why karma arises is when we take ourselves to be the physical body and ego and we act based on existing karma or gunas. Because we believe we are the body, our actions are based on sustaining or desiring more for our body (or avoiding unpleasantness etc), this desire propels a result, the result is karma. So any action (cause) from desire that has not been fulfilled at the time of death (or during life) continues ad infinitum until it is spent or exhausted.

While this is not my belief, I think I understand it.
Good, no need to believe. I am just sharing and will finish now :)

Storm
28 June 2010, 04:19 PM
Can you explain "the subtle body?" I'm at a total loss as to its meaning.

Eastern Mind
28 June 2010, 05:23 PM
Vannakkam Storm:

Most Hindus believe in a 'soul body' or soul that continues from lifetime to lifetime, taking on new physical bodies. Or some version of this. Not all, though. It's a vast religion. The soul body is said to be an effervescent subtle body of light. The essence of this soul body is the Self. The soul body has the chakras or holds the chakras. But in the final moksha, even this merges with Siva (monism) although some sects don't believe there is a total merge. The soul body is different than the astral body: deeper, and even more subtle. So one way of describing our sadhana and path is to become more and more in tune with this body, less in tune with intellectual and astral and physical bodies.

Here is the wiki link to it, called the anandamaya kosha. It gives a more thorough definition. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anandamaya_kosha

Aum Namasivaya

Storm
28 June 2010, 05:26 PM
Thank you. :)

sambya
28 June 2010, 11:13 PM
subtle body is a combination of things like ego , consciousness , mind etc . its those components which keeps the physical gross body working . at any point of time we exist in both the bodies . persons with occult powers can leave the gross body to stay in the subtle bodies . sadhus and saints are known to give darshan in this subtle bodies .

subtle body is not to be confused with soul . soul is the spiritual self , beyond gross manifestations . subtle body is a material creation , though of a more fine nature . after death the person may continue in this subtle body for some amount of time , till he gets his next physical body -- the phenomenon of which is termed as ghost !

Storm
29 June 2010, 09:25 AM
So, I think I've got the idea of the subtle body. It can linger after death, but do you have the same one from one life to the next?

Ganeshprasad
30 June 2010, 12:18 PM
Pranam Storm

I don't know why you are not able to post here, as you can see i have no problem. may be it is instant Karma, just kidding
try again.

Jai Shree Krishna

Eastern Mind
30 June 2010, 12:28 PM
Vannakkam; Just checking to see if I can post here.. it says Ganeshprasadji is post 18 but I can't see it. This says it is post 20.

Obeisances to Satay, the fixer of all things HDF. Come grace us with your knowledge.

Aum namasivaya

Storm
30 June 2010, 01:13 PM
Yay, it's fixed!

OK, so I think I understand what the subtle body is now.

Does it carry over from one life to the next, or... dissipate after death?

Eastern Mind
30 June 2010, 01:43 PM
Vannakkam Storm: And which version did you understand, mine, or Sambyas? It seems to me they were two very different explanations. Don't forget the vastness of Hinduism. Since you are UU, searchin Hiduism has just triples the number of different viewpoints you will get on most everything.

In my version, it is the soul body that carries on. In his, he clearly stated it wasn't.

Aum Namasivaya

Storm
30 June 2010, 02:10 PM
Vannakkam Storm: And which version did you understand, mine, or Sambyas? It seems to me they were two very different explanations. Don't forget the vastness of Hinduism. Since you are UU, searchin Hiduism has just triples the number of different viewpoints you will get on most everything.
D'oh! In my delight that the thread was working, I forgot to review it carefully.

I understood Sambya's explanation. Yours was a little more confusing, and I'm still working on it.

In my version, it is the soul body that carries on. In his, he clearly stated it wasn't.
Yes.

So, regarding your explanation, I would break it down like this:
physical body -> subtle/ astral body -> soul body -> Self
Is that about right?

Ganeshprasad
30 June 2010, 02:11 PM
Pranam

If you search the net on Kosha you will find description of various subtle bodies that we have
The five sheaths
Annamaya kosha
Pranamaya kosha
Manomaya kosha
Vijnanamaya kosha
Anandamaya kosha

We know the physical body dies when Pran the vital force leave the body, here is what Lord Krishna says in Bhagvat Gita.

As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A self-realized soul is not bewildered by such a change.2.13

As the air takes away the aroma from the source (or flower), similarly Atma takes the six sensory faculties from the physical body it casts off (during death) to the (new physical) body it acquires (in reincarnation by the power of Karma). (15.08)

In my humble opinion the soul carries forward the Manomaya Kosha in which our desires resides, as long as we have desires the process of reincarnation will perpetually carry on.

Jai Shree Krishna

Eastern Mind
30 June 2010, 05:20 PM
Vannakkam Ganeshprasadji:

See my post # 15. Still trying to figure this chap out. http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Aum Namasivaya

satay
30 June 2010, 10:58 PM
namaskar,
I don't see any problems with this thread.

Eastern Mind
01 July 2010, 06:56 AM
namaskar,
I don't see any problems with this thread.

Namaste Satay: Odd. On mine it is missing posts 18 and 19. If you delete a post, do the numbers readjust? But it is working now.

Aum

satay
01 July 2010, 09:35 AM
namaste,

Namaste Satay: Odd. On mine it is missing posts 18 and 19. If you delete a post, do the numbers readjust? But it is working now.

Aum

no, I see both posts 18 and 19 without a problem. When I delete a post, yes the numbers adjust. I will investigate this further.