View Full Version : Happy Canada Day!

satay
01 July 2010, 09:37 AM
Namaste Canada!
Happy Birthday!!

Eastern Mind
01 July 2010, 12:27 PM
Namaste Satay:

A walk with family, grandson, granddaughter, some fireworks, so much fun.

Out temple had a lot of drop ins this AM. I got no work done for yappin' to too many people. I am a patriotic man. have fun.. all other Canadians, too!

Aum namasivaya

satay
01 July 2010, 04:41 PM
It's a beautiful summer day here. Perfect Birth day weather. :)
And nice to have an ice cream with family too.

NayaSurya
01 July 2010, 05:06 PM
Happy Birthday beautiful Canada and all the goodly neighbors North<3

We are leaving for America's birthday this week for some absolutely happy rollercoaster, caramel apple... joyfilled firework days so I am right there with you<3

Happy birthday to one of the best places on earth..Canada!<3

NayaSurya
01 July 2010, 05:08 PM
The weather is perfect here too...some kind of beautiful cold front came down from Canada and our temps dropped from almost 100 to 80! yay!

Thanks for letting us borrow your air conditioner for the week!:p

Darji
01 July 2010, 05:20 PM
I'm suddenly in the mood for Molson, a side of maple syrup and yell Canada oh Canada at the top of my lungs at a hocky match.

What's that aboot eh?

Eastern Mind
01 July 2010, 05:23 PM
It's a beautiful summer day here. Perfect Birth day weather. :)
And nice to have an ice cream with family too.

Vannakam: You go to the famous one (ice cream place with long lineups) on the Main Drag across from the park? I've been there. It is part of your town's culture.

Aum Namasivaya

Eastern Mind
01 July 2010, 05:25 PM
I'm suddenly in the mood for Molson, a side of maple syrup and yell Canada oh Canada at the top of my lungs at a hocky match.

What's that aboot eh?

Vannakkam; Typical non-Canadian ... can't even spell hockey right. Sheeesh! And what the heck is a side of maple syrup?
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Darji
01 July 2010, 05:33 PM
Cmon we all you you Cannucks drink it right from the bottle.

Darji
01 July 2010, 05:35 PM
Besides we ALL know Canada is "America Light" :P

Seriously though I love the place, We used to go up to BC all the time. Vancouver is probably the Nicest, Cleanest, Friendliest place I've ever been. Even the bums are polite :)

Eastern Mind
01 July 2010, 05:38 PM
Darji: Maple syrup was originally made for pancakes, but most of it now goes back to Japan or the Netherlands with Dutch and Japanese tourists as a fond momento of the time spent in such a beautiful country. In fact, I'm taking a couple of the small jugs to India as gifts for the host. It was either that or an igloo.

Aum Namasivaya

Eastern Mind
01 July 2010, 05:41 PM
Cmon we all you you Cannucks drink it right from the bottle.

You mean Molson's or Maple syrup? There is a special drink in Quebec colloquially referred to as tree beer. You dissolve about 3 tablespoons of syrup in the beer. Never tried it myself. Satay probably has though.

Aum

Eastern Mind
01 July 2010, 05:44 PM
one of the best places on earth..Canada!<3

Nandri Naya. I am crying with sentimental loyalty and pride.

Aum

yajvan
01 July 2010, 06:13 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Canada or kaṇāda ?

kaṇāda is defined as 'atom-eater'. The name of the author of the vaiśeṣika branch of the nyāya philosophy ; a teaching that the world was formed by an aggregation of atoms ; he (kaṇāda) is also named kāśyapa and considered as a devarṣi.

praṇām

Eastern Mind
01 July 2010, 06:23 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Canada or kaṇāda ?

kaṇāda is defined as 'atom-eater'. The name of the author of the vaiśeṣika branch of the nyāya philosophy ; a teaching that the world was formed by an aggregation of atoms ; he (kaṇāda) is also named kāśyapa and considered as a devarṣi.

praṇām

Vannakkam: From Algonquin meaning 'cluster of villages' . So you want to add the 500 North American aboriginal languages to your study of language? Or are you sticking with Sanskrit?

I was mispronouncing Kannada while in India. I pronounced it like Canada.

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
01 July 2010, 07:09 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté EM

Canada

I thought this was annexed by the United States and it is now the 51st state , no? :)

praṇām

NayaSurya
01 July 2010, 08:12 PM
LOL! Yajvan has an awesome sense of humor!:D

Darji
01 July 2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah I was referring to the "tree beer" thing. I actually thought it was a stereo-type, but I gut even small stereo-types have some truth.

NayaSurya
01 July 2010, 08:37 PM
When I was a young girl I was in total love with Rick Moranis because of a movie called Strange Brew...:p

I was a total SCTV fanatic!:P

Eastern Mind
01 July 2010, 09:49 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté EM

Canada

I thought this was annexed by the United States and it is now the 51st state , no? :)

praṇām

Many people believe exactly that. Alberta might as well be Texas, with our oil, whiskey, and cowboys. In reality, if that ever were to happen by Brother Steven Harper and his cronies, I'm off to Mauritius. But that place where you live could be annexed by Mexico, and nobody would even know the difference.

Gosh I hate it when people try to lighten this place up. HDF is a place for serious discussion only. Have you been drinking, man? Some of that tree beer maybe.

Aum Namasivaya

Eastern Mind
01 July 2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah I was referring to the "tree beer" thing. I actually thought it was a stereo-type, but I gut even small stereo-types have some truth.

Vannakam Yup, something like windmills, wooden shoes, scores of tulips, and some little boy still standing there with a finger in the dike. I like stereo types. Where would all the parody TV guys get their material?

Aum Namasivaya

Darji
01 July 2010, 10:03 PM
HA! you forgot coffee houses that don't serve coffee! Good thing I'm not Dutch or I'd be offended :P