PDA

View Full Version : Utter confusion. Evolution, where to start??

upsydownyupsy mv ss
03 July 2010, 08:35 AM
:eek::confused: I have been going through these topics recently, nanotechnology, biotechnology, quantum physics, neuroscience, etc. which are all related to the philosophy of 'evolution.' The problem is I want to make a subject related to evolution as a 'profession for life' or even 'life' itself. The more and more I get deeply involved, the more I'm confused. Personally, I believe the best way to that study is by the study of consciousness, but which field offers that better? Medicine? (or) Quantum physics?

Dear friends,

I'm not asking for any advice, I'm asking the opinions of all of you, on all these topics (related to change or evolution). Tell me which topic amongst these amazes you and why, quote from anywhere and please provide me links.

An arrow if not aimed correctly may take the wrong life or if aimed properly may save billions of lives during a war.

Evolution tells something about the self. The complete knowledge of the self is Nirbana {or arrow-free or body-less} (in Prakrith, Nirvana).

Infinite small drops of knowledge like these form the huge ocean of the knowledge of the self. So every drop counts! Every step in a race matters.

I hope I'm making sense and not non-sense. I'm bad at communication :(
Forgive me if I've wasted your precious time here.:(
I was unsure whether to post this thread or not in the first place.:(

devotee
03 July 2010, 10:47 AM
Namaste SS,

No branch of science teaches you about consciousness. So, for your purpose it is equally good or bad whether you read medicine or Quantum physics ... though may be, quantum physics can take you a little closer to your research.

I would advise you to go for the subject where your interest lies.

OM

sanjaya
05 July 2010, 01:51 AM
As an astronomer you'd think I might be biased and say quantum physics. But I have to say that quantum physics has absolutely nothing to do with the study of consciousness. There are some people out there who like to talk about a quantum study of neurochemistry. But this is highly speculative at best, and pseudoscience at worst. On the other hand, medical doctors and biologists have been doing legitimate studies on consciousness by probing the brain with medical imaging devices (it's worth noting that these devices are based on quantum mechanical principles, and use some of the same imaging techniques that we use in astronomy). Seems to me like doctors have the advantage when it comes to studying consciousness.