PDA

View Full Version : Tripurasundari & Sri Vidya

yajvan
07 October 2006, 06:42 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~
Namaste,

Anyone fortunate to receive the mantra of Sri Vidya? [some say Sodashi, or 16 divisions.]
If so, let us know of your sadhana. I am hoping I will find a guru-sadhu that will impart this wonderful sound to me.

A little that I know on Tripurasundari, as she is the Divine Mother as kamakala, the first impulse (spanda) of the Absolute ( the vibration) to manifest, as kama or urge, within time ( kala or digit). It’s the desire of the finite to become infinite that moves us to moksha, is within us.

Tri-pura-sundari is :
Tri - the three fold division we see throughout creation; The highest is Sat-Chit-Ananda , as Truth (pure) Consciousness and Bliss. My favorite from the Taittiriya Upanishad is all food is made of this triad – Tejas ( fire) , ap or jala (water or fluid) and prithvī (or earth) – She is found in all 3. She is found in the triad of the famous vyahrti’s of Bhu, Buvaha Suvah, the second of janah, tapah and satyam, and the connection between the two or maha from rishi Mahachamasya. We see this trifold in waking (jagrat), dream (swapna) and deep sleep (susupti). Yet we see Tripurasuundari transcend all ( turiyam)so She can encompass or be the root of all.

Pura or puri for city – and call our body the city of the divine that has 9 gates , some say 10 and even 11 gates. The nine is 3 squared ( again the trivrt karana) – or 9 entry points to the body. Yet pura is a field of action ( like our bodies) and the triads mentioned above are the fields of wake , dream, sleep, etc etc. Yet the 3 fields are also that of our will ( iccha), knowledge ( or jnana) and kriya or action. The divine will within us, that moves us to moksha is agni.

Sundari – a beautiful woman

Now, the mantra which is guarded is of great interest, as it too is a triad of 3 (3X3) phonemes or nine syllables/sounds that is used in a 15 phoneme mantra. The last syllable makes it Sodashi, or 16 divisions.
Each line of this 3 part ( 3 again!) mantra has a corresponding aspect of the Divine Mother.
Each line is considered a kuta or peak... one for Her face, one for Her below the neck, then the last below Her hips. From these 3 parts, you have the source of sound , the first vibration (spanda), the second is the first desire ( to manifest all this) or kama-raj, and the 3rd is shakti that force or divine prana ( the kundalini within).
What is delightful for me, is the 3 key bija mantras are amplified within the Sri Vidya mantra. So, like most mantras there are variations from different traditions...as so with Sri Vidya.The Vidya of Manmatha and Agastya are most widely known.

For those that are fortunate to be in possession of this manta and can talk of its results, it would be good to hear.

Arjuna
07 October 2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone fortunate to receive the mantra of Sri Vidya? [say Sodashi, or 16 divisions.]
If so, let us know of your sadhana. I am hoping I will find a guru-sadhu that will impart this wonderful sound to me.

Namaste,

Shrividya is to be acquired from a Kaula Master. Unless U have a diksha any discussions of SV sadhana are of no use.
If U long to have a Guru in SV, pray to Divine Mother and chant Lalita-sahasranama at least every friday.

yajvan
07 October 2006, 09:16 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste,

Shrividya is to be acquired from a Kaula Master. Unless U have a diksha any discussions of SV sadhana are of no use.
If U long to have a Guru in SV, pray to Divine Mother and chant Lalita-sahasranama at least every friday.

Namaste Arjuna,
thank you for your post... my first desire is that of the guru. He will then deside what is best from a mantra perspective, yet I am attracted to Sri Vidya due to its completeness.

In Jyotish there is a dasa system ( among many) that points to ones spiritual advancement , the meeting of the guru, etc. It is called Drig Dasa. As one looks to several amsa's or divisional charts such as the D9 or Navamasa, the D20, etc. an accomplished Jyotishi can assist the sadhu as to the arrival of the guru. My hopes is for the guru srotriya ( well versed in the samhita).
Now why do I mention this? my janma rasi suggests the meeting of the guru in or after 2008 ... I have been preparing all my life to become a worthy sisya, yet I fall and start again regularly, but i will not yield till I hit the goal. Yet one must prepare the soil the same way one prepares to plant a seed.

To this I look to the upanishads. It is said in the Mukti Upanishad the one can gain moksha through the Mandukya Upanishad alone ( a very profound upanishad) and instructs on pranava , Om. This is further enhanced by the study of the 10 principle Upanishads... all here to assist the sadhu/sisya/yesha to advance and prepare. To this I am greatful to have these books and instructions.
Perhaps I will realize what I have been desiring and working on all my life , perhaps not. Sri Krsna clearly tells Arjuna that no effort is ever lost. So, maybe not this life, perhpaps the next...then one has no fear of dropping the body and the next one brings the sadhu closer to the goal.

Arjuna
08 October 2006, 07:47 AM
thank you for your post... my first desire is that of the guru. He will then deside what is best from a mantra perspective, yet I am attracted to Sri Vidya due to its completeness.

Namaste,

I believe in reality it is Guru (or God) who chooses a disciple.
But from our side we may search and long — it also is a part of natural happening.
If U feel attraction to SV, search for a Master in it. There are only few nowadays, but if Devi wills, U find him.

I could suggest U to visit Sri Amritanandanatha of Devipuram. He is not my Guru, but i respect him highly and love. This is not to say U have to get diksha from him. These things are very personal. But U may come in touch with living authentic Srividya and see.

yajvan
08 October 2006, 12:28 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste,

I believe in reality it is Guru (or God) who chooses a disciple.
But from our side we may search and long — it also is a part of natural happening.
If U feel attraction to SV, search for a Master in it. There are only few nowadays, but if Devi wills, U find him.

Namate Arjuna,
thank you for your note... yes, I concur . It is He (Isvara) who chooses the sadhu. It is the SELF that realizes the SELF to itSELF.
Also thank you for your well wishes... perphaps a visit is in order.

clito
09 August 2009, 05:21 PM
hi everyone well im new here and this i might be interesting for some of you who are interested on srividya ,below i expose the base mantra of tripura; om shrim hrim klim aim sauh --om hrim shrim --ka e i la hrim--ha sa ka ha la hrim--sa ka la hrim--sauh aim klim hrim shrim ."the expanded crest jewel of tripura mantra":shrim hrim sauh tripure--aim klim sauh bhairavi--om hrim shrim hi_ngule--shrim hrim om chandike--chamunde ha sa ka la hrim--sa ka la hrim narasimhi --aindri aim hrim klim--klim hrim shrim devi haimavatishvari shrim-- shrim hrim klim mr^idani-- aim varuni--ka e i la hrim durge--shrim hrim klim aim sauh--om hrim shrim shri mahatripurasundari. this tripura mantras belongs to the amnaya krama for the dual worship of sharika and tripura .om shanti

Jade
06 December 2009, 02:19 PM
I have found this (http://www.devipuram.com/devipuram/intro.html) on web.
Might interst you.