PDA

View Full Version : A good analogy I was thinking...

sadhaka3
13 July 2010, 07:24 PM
So during these long days at work I was thinking of a really good analogy about Shakti.

For people I guess who don't understand the whole concept of Shakti... I was thinking of different things in life as an analogy (please PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to this.)

So here you go:

In life, when a male copulates with a female (of any animal, including human) it is generally the femal that gets the male aroused. It is HER energy that has created this process in the male.

OR

Electrical outlets and plugs. Usually the plug is called the "male end" and the outlet the "female end. Well... it's the outlet that contains the electricity/energy. Without the outlet the plug is nothing and the device wont work.

OR

...This one I stole from the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"......... it's when the daughter is upset about one of her father's decisions... and he claims that he is final and the "head of the house". The mother explains to her daughter, that "while the man is the head of the house, the woman is the neck, and and turn the head any way she wants!"

So yeah... I hope that was a good analogy.........

Ramakrishna
14 July 2010, 11:07 PM
In life, when a male copulates with a female (of any animal, including human) it is generally the femal that gets the male aroused. It is HER energy that has created this process in the male.

Namaste sadhaka3,

I like this analogy in particular. In Hinduism, the word "shakti" can refer to two things. One refers to the cosmic forces and energies that moves through the entire universe. The other refers to the feminine aspect of God. But these two things intertwine. Each of the different male aspects of God have consorts, or aspects of Shakti, that accompany them. Lord Rama has Sita, Lord Krishna has Radha, Lord Shiva has Parvati, Kali, and others. It is said that this is where they derive their energy from and they are not complete without them.

Jai Sri Krishna

Madhuri
15 July 2010, 12:50 AM
But it's the male energy that arouses the female...
There is an equal role. They arouse each other.

Ekanta
15 July 2010, 01:06 AM
Hi...

Compare to this from Bhagavad Gita:

14.3 My womb is the great brahman (i.e. Prakrti). In that I lay the germ [hiraṇyagarbha]. From that, O Arjuna, is the birth of all beings.
14.4 Whatever forms are produced in any womb, O Arjuna, the Prakrti is their great womb and I am the sowing father.
14.5 Sattva, Rajas and Tamas are the Gunas that arise from the Prakrti. They bind the immutable self in the body, O Arjuna.

Eastern Mind
15 July 2010, 06:29 AM
But it's the male energy that arouses the female...
There is an equal role. They arouse each other.

Vannakkam Madhuri: Good point. Males tend to forget that. That old male-centric thing. Ahhh... the dance of the instincts!
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Aum Namasivaya

atanu
15 July 2010, 06:44 AM
Actually looking deeper we find that energy is one only.

atanu
15 July 2010, 01:10 PM
Electrical outlets and plugs both are just conducting metal, which merely helps electricity to flow. Same with so called male and female energy. There is no such differentiation actually. Bodies are just instruments for some bigger current to flow and roll -- creating ever new names and shapes.

Om Namah Shivaya