PDA

View Full Version : Shiva in Shaktism

sadhaka3
14 July 2010, 08:29 AM
Hey....... is it possible that anyone can describe to me the role of Shiva in Shaktism?

I've been trying to read about it but the terms are so... esoteric it's difficult to understand even for someone like me who has a master's degree in religion!!! So is there mayne an analogy or something that someone can explain in simpler terms?

Thanks!

Also I've come to the conclusion that if it turns out that I AM a Hindu... I'm a Shakta. Scientifically and logically is makes more sense to me... and it's really what I've been looking for spiritually. I love how this form of dharma celebrates life and the universe!! Every time I read I want to know more.

Arav
27 August 2010, 08:30 PM
Hey....... is it possible that anyone can describe to me the role of Shiva in Shaktism?

I've been trying to read about it but the terms are so... esoteric it's difficult to understand even for someone like me who has a master's degree in religion!!! So is there mayne an analogy or something that someone can explain in simpler terms?

Thanks!

Also I've come to the conclusion that if it turns out that I AM a Hindu... I'm a Shakta. Scientifically and logically is makes more sense to me... and it's really what I've been looking for spiritually. I love how this form of dharma celebrates life and the universe!! Every time I read I want to know more.

Shakti is the energy of Shiva. In Shaktism Shakti is the force threw which Shiva works. Shakti is the dynamic part of Shiva. The main thing to understand in how Shiva is seen threw Shaktism is that Shiva is solely transcendent, meaning he is not working in this world, but his Shakti is. I know that this isnt a very good explenation, but its the best I can do.