PDA

View Full Version : Trip to see Swamiji Pujya Chidananda:

NayaSurya
25 July 2010, 07:03 AM
For months I had been planning this. My husband was just promoted to a high level excutive job and even this...even this did not deter my resolve.

But, lately I had felt like these bits and pieces. The words which come and then are answered on the forum...or in a conversation. Verified by people, in places all over the globe, were nothing more than a half opened third eye which is truly become more of a distraction than a help.

So I prayed. I told the Deva which watch over this fool that I would go see him only to try to clarify these things which I have seen Perhaps the vision of Mahayogi, the silver capped mala and the orange and red clothes were just me acting as an anetnae for the universe.

I crochet. So, I made the most beautiful work of art I have ever created. A blanket which I crochet sing the guru mantra.

All day I sing this while making. The blanket...was the waves of the Mother Ganga...and I worked on.

I was truly waiting for a sign...something definitive...not just a word...or vision of something.

I waited, crocheting every day until the day came when it was done. I then crochet two beautiful scarves made our of the finest yarn I could buy I made them extra thick for the cold winters beside the Ganga.

All the while, still I hoped for a big sign to tell me, yes...this is the way to go.

Then it came.

Two days later- a week before Guru Purnima the day which Swamiji arrived to lead celebration...we have a call begging us to come far away.

My beloved husband Ron was abandoned at birth by his mother. His Grandmother raised him and she has been tremendously ill. So ill that I do not feel she will be long in this realm. So in a very short notice we are sent to Peoria Illinois to see her with 5 of our children.

With his Asperger's, it's been hard for him to talk to her about the sacrifices she made for ...him. But, this is the time.

I feel like, if I had turned this precious moment down to let Ron settle his affairs with his true Mother, to do something selfish as meeting the Beloved Chidanand...then I would have put my desires before His. So here we sit, in a hotel room near Pekin IL meeting folks I never met in my life...feeling out of sorts...so I pray.

The precious gift I make for Swamiji, I gave to the dying beloved Mother. So that she would be warm as she slept.

My husband was very upset...he knew I had been waiting to see this Holy saint for many months. But I know this is the way it was destined to go. I may have had plans, but the Divine Father's plans supercede my own.

My gift of time, and precious things was given to the person Siva wanted it to truly go to...By giving it to her, I know I give it to Him...and because Beloved Chidanand is so close to Him, I know it still goes to Him too.♥

Beloved Siva, I send this out to the universe. That even if I never find the answers for the many things which trouble this lowly creature, isolated upon a hill...

Then it is by your command.

and I will do my best not to cry through it...but I fail miserably this morning at this.

It is by... your command that I am not in Louisville today and I will serve you, do this hard work...and not question why...only do my best to serve you here in the difficult task you have put before me.

By your command I live,and by your will, I pray... that someday I will finally find be given the ability to work on the things in my heart.

Hari Om Namah Sivaya, Prya Tamah Sivaya

May your guru purnima be just as blessed as I am this morning. Sitting in a hotel room tucked quietly into a hill in the city of Peoria. It's not what I had planned..or even hoped for today. But, always He knows what's best...so the child tries to not cry.

Eastern Mind
25 July 2010, 09:20 AM
Vannakkam Nayasyrya:

Beautiful story. I met said Swami here about 20 years back, and as you probably know, He hosted my own Bodhinatha at the Kumbhamela. I hope you have a wonderful time with his darshan.

The blanket went to the right place.

Aum Namasivaya

NayaSurya
25 July 2010, 10:37 PM
I did not make it back in time to visit the temple to see him. There is a very large race called the Brick Yard ran by Nascar and we were in traffic trying to get around Indianapolis for almost an hour.

We just made it back home to kentucky. I really love this place. It's so beautiful...as we came up over the Ohio river valley and saw the Louisville skyline come into view, I was so grateful.