PDA

View Full Version : Family friend dying of throat cancer

namahsivaya
30 July 2010, 02:55 PM
Namaste friends,

Please pray for a dear friend of my family who is dying of throat cancer. She is only in her 40's and is particularly close to my mother. She is no longer able to speak and currently her family is deciding whether or not the doctors should remove parts of her throat. She would likely be able to live if that is done, but she won't be able to speak or eat solid foods ever again. However, she seems resigned to not having that operation performed and dying within the next week or so.

Jai Sri Ganesha

NayaSurya
02 August 2010, 06:24 AM
You have my heart and prayers today. My Mother battled breast cancer for 12 years. Given 6 months to live, numerous times. Sometimes one with such a severe illness just knows when it's time. The best you can do is be there for them...support their decisions. May Siva bless your loved one with peace.

saidevo
02 August 2010, 08:18 AM
namate namashivaya.

I pray to Parameshvara Shiva for a peaceful solution to the health problem of your family friend. It seems that there are some mantras that can be chanted for peace for the patient with possible healing, so check this link:
http://www.rlktrust.org/docs/healing.pdf

goodlife
02 August 2010, 12:06 PM
there is ayurvedic cure for such things please contact Swami Ramdev through his website. am sure they will help and she will be able to enjoy the gift of life to the fullest again.

http://www.divyayoga.com/

Bharat Swabhiman (Trust)
Administrative Office: :
Patanjali Yogpeeth, Maharshi Dayanand Gram,
Delhi-Haridwar National Highway,
Near Bahadarbad,
Haridwar-249402
Uttarakhand,India
Helpline No: +91-1334-240008
Fax No. : +91-1334-244805, 240664
E-mail : divyayoga@rediffmail.com

wishing her a quick recovery.

Om Namah Shivay

Ramakrishna
02 August 2010, 05:29 PM
Namaste namahsivaya,

I am very sorry to hear about your family friend. My neighbor has been battling breast cancer for years now. There have also been three people I went to school with that died of cancer, and one of them was a friend of mine. I will be praying for your friend. The link saidevoji posted looks very helpful as well.

Jai Sri Krishna

Eastern Mind
02 August 2010, 05:37 PM
Namaste friends,

Please pray for a dear friend of my family who is dying of throat cancer. She is only in her 40's and is particularly close to my mother. She is no longer able to speak and currently her family is deciding whether or not the doctors should remove parts of her throat. She would likely be able to live if that is done, but she won't be able to speak or eat solid foods ever again. However, she seems resigned to not having that operation performed and dying within the next week or so.

Jai Sri Ganesha

Vannakkam namahsivaya:

I an sorry for your friend, and the close people around her.

I hope this does'nt sound rude but what exactly do you want others to pray for? continued life, God granting your friend's wishes, or just clarity. If you PM me more specifics, such as name and nakshatra, I will purchase an archana in her name for you, but I wish your intentions to be clear. I just believe that with prayer, the more specific you can be, the better.

Aum Namasivaya

sanjaya
02 August 2010, 11:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'll be sure to pray for her.

namahsivaya
12 August 2010, 10:24 PM
Thank you very much for your prayers, everybody.

Vannakkam namahsivaya:

I hope this does'nt sound rude but what exactly do you want others to pray for? continued life, God granting your friend's wishes, or just clarity. If you PM me more specifics, such as name and nakshatra, I will purchase an archana in her name for you, but I wish your intentions to be clear. I just believe that with prayer, the more specific you can be, the better.

Aum Namasivaya

I just want others to pray for the best solution to this problem. I haven't been updated on her condition, but I will soon. You raise a good point, Eastern Mindji. Whenever I pray for situations like this, I don't pray with very specific requests. Like I'm not really specifically praying for her to continue living or some type of miracle like that. But of course I'm not praying for her to die, either. I'm really just praying for God to enact the best solution. Whatever is best for her, only God knows. I just pray that the best solution, whatever it is, is enacted and that she will pass onto her next life with lots of good karma.

Does this make sense? Is this what you pray for in situations like this? Or do you pray for specifics, like for continued life?

Jai Sri Ganesha

namahsivaya
12 August 2010, 10:26 PM
Vannakkam namahsivaya:

Aum Namasivaya

Sorry I forgot to mention this in my last post, and I can't edit it or anything since it isn't approved yet.

You are so kind! I will PM you specifics for my friend.

MalaMalas
06 November 2010, 04:06 PM
I will send meditative prayers out to them.

kahanam
27 November 2010, 02:37 AM
I pray to Lord Almighty who manifests as Lord Vaideeswara and Lord Guruvaayoorappan to bless your friend with good health and fast recovery! May Lord bless you for your concern and care!
:) :) :)