PDA

View Full Version : Reintroduction

sunyata07
05 August 2010, 10:34 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm back again, and probably for good. I've been away from the forum because of a lot of doubt that's been on my mind that has nothing to do with having left Catholicism. It's a long story, really, mostly to do with me wrestling with my own internal questions of doubt, but that said, I feel I am ready to come back and renew my study of Sanatana Dharma, or rather to take it back up where I left off and approach it in a much more serious fashion.

Namaste and thanks for listening!

Onkara
05 August 2010, 10:41 AM
Well may I be the first and not the last to welcome you back my friend. :)
The topic of removing doubt is something I have found of significant importance. I read here (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48350&postcount=61) that "doubt can be a blessing" and found myself nodding in agreement :)

sunyata07
05 August 2010, 10:46 AM
Thank you for your welcome, and that lovely quote from Yajvan. :)

Already I feel better just coming back to check up on everyone and their new posts. Sometimes it feels as if I've never really left, actually.

atanu
05 August 2010, 11:27 AM
Thank you for your welcome, and that lovely quote from Yajvan. :)

Already I feel better just coming back to check up on everyone and their new posts. Sometimes it feels as if I've never really left, actually.

Welcome

Eastern Mind
05 August 2010, 01:11 PM
Vannakkam:

Why such a short break? Some of us go wandering off for lifetimes at a time, but somehow we end up back here in SD. You must have good karma to have been gone for such a short time. When I went this lifetime it was 3 or 4 years, maybe more, can't remember now.

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
05 August 2010, 04:09 PM
Namaste sunyata07,

Welcome back. I remember reading a few of your posts when I first joined the forum earlier this year. We all experience doubt but usually it ultimately ends up strengthening us.

Jai Sri Krishna

sunyata07
06 August 2010, 12:01 PM
It is comforting to see names I recognise, and to receive greetings from people who have already taught me a lifetime of wisdom and spiritual guidance. Thank you for the warm welcomes, my friends. :)

We all experience doubt but usually it ultimately ends up strengthening us.

I agree, Ramakrishna. A few months ago I couldn't have felt any more different, however. I felt my doubts were a sign of spiritual weakness. I couldn't even bear to look at my shrine sometimes, for the doubt that would gnaw at me. It sometimes comes still, but not as frequently as before. If anything, it has given me the invaluable gift of seeing it from the other side. I feel this has strengthened my resolve rather than weakened it.

Onkara
06 August 2010, 12:20 PM
Namaste Sunyata
My guru taught me that for doubt to exist and to be experienced it must have been created by Brahman. Doubt is as natural as autumn, experience and good company will teach us spring arrives again.

kallol
07 August 2010, 06:25 AM
[quote=sunyata07;48454]It is comforting to see names I recognise, and to receive greetings from people who have already taught me a lifetime of wisdom and spiritual guidance. Thank you for the warm welcomes, my friends. :)
quote]

Dear Sunyata,

The quotation you carry "thoughts to destiny" is a pointer to how powerful the mind can be.

Welcome back

Love and best wishes

Shanti
16 August 2010, 02:20 PM
\ I couldn't even bear to look at my shrine sometimes, for the doubt that would gnaw at me. It sometimes comes still, but not as frequently as before. If anything, it has given me the invaluable gift of seeing it from the other side. I feel this has strengthened my resolve rather than weakened it.

Sometimes it is easier for us to look the other way instead of seeking the truth. You are truly blessed to continue in the search. Welcome back!

satay
17 August 2010, 10:34 PM
namaste,

Hello everyone,

I'm back again, and probably for good.
Namaste and thanks for listening!

As my buddhist friend would say, 'your karma is ripening.' :)