PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

Inferno
09 August 2010, 03:24 PM
Hi all,

I live in Maryland, USA. My family is Hindu but I'm an atheist personally. Just came to the forum to explore and talk to people and stop being bored during classes.

Believer
09 August 2010, 09:09 PM
Welcome Inferno.

My family is Hindu but I'm an atheist personally.

Hardly a day goes by when I don't see a reflection of my younger exuberant self in this forum. It is good to be young, self-confident and do not need or have acceptance of God. If you have never been in a proverbial foxhole, why would you need Him. You can do it all yourself, except for ordering the Sun to rise every morning:). Thanks for bringing back those memories.

Enjoy while you can, becuase you are sure to need Him in your corner one of these days.

Ramakrishna
10 August 2010, 02:26 AM
Namaste Inferno,

Welcome to HDF. This is a great place to learn and discuss Sanatana Dharma. I look forward to your posts.

Jai Sri Krishna

Ao
10 August 2010, 02:32 AM
As a teacher, I'd prefer you wait till your classes have finished to visit the forums here.:D

Eastern Mind
10 August 2010, 06:11 AM
Vannakkam Inferno: Welcome to these forums. Contrary to what Andrew said, I think you should drop all classes, renounce that world and just discuss here. I was a teacher too, and perhaps you are one of those creatures at the back of the class who had much better things to do than listen to some boring old prof.

BTW, do your parents visit a temple there? I really want to pilgrimage to the Murugan temple near Baltimore one day.

Aum Namasivaya

Inferno
11 August 2010, 12:09 PM
Well they do go to Siva Vishnu Temple in Greenbelt, but that's extremely rare for them to go at all. My grandmother was the one that did most of the actual practicing and they would be part of it, but since she passed they haven't actually done much in the way of outward practice.

Ao
13 August 2010, 02:58 AM
Vannakkam Inferno: Welcome to these forums. Contrary to what Andrew said, I think you should drop all classes, renounce that world and just discuss here. I was a teacher too, and perhaps you are one of those creatures at the back of the class who had much better things to do than listen to some boring old prof.

BTW, do your parents visit a temple there? I really want to pilgrimage to the Murugan temple near Baltimore one day.

Aum Namasivaya

Are you accusing me of being boring and old, E.M.?;) I will only admit to being one of those!:D

Eastern Mind
13 August 2010, 07:21 AM
Are you accusing me of being boring and old, E.M.?;) I will only admit to being one of those!:D

Vannakkam Andrew: Not at all. We Canucks have this self deprecating humor as well so it was only about me. But which is it for you? You can't possible be boring as a white man in Japan, can you? Therefore, I conclude you're an old goat.

Aum Namasivaya

Shanti
16 August 2010, 02:39 PM
Welcome! Throw your books to the wayside and dive into great discussions on here!

Ao
18 August 2010, 08:13 PM
Vannakkam Andrew: Not at all. We Canucks have this self deprecating humor as well so it was only about me. But which is it for you? You can't possible be boring as a white man in Japan, can you? Therefore, I conclude you're an old goat.

Aum Namasivaya

Awww, thanks for thinking so highly of me, E.M. :) Truth be told, I'll be 33 in a couple of weeks, so make your own decision as to which it is.;)

By the way, I have always had a very fond spot in my heart for Canucks and their lovely country and culture.