PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian alternatives making ground?

SethDrebitko
10 August 2010, 07:23 PM
So I was watching future foods on tv with the wife and they had a contest where a traditional meat eating chef would face off against a veggie love chef. They then stood outside a college and served the burgers to college students to see what they liked more.

Without even trying to replicate the taste of meat the veggie burger destroyed the meat burger! Perchance there is hope to get my fiancee to go vegetarian with me.:)

Ramakrishna
10 August 2010, 10:04 PM
Namaste Seth,

I think for a lot of meat-eaters, once they give vegetarian food a try they see that it can actually taste good. My brother eats meat but he also enjoys the Morningstar and other vegetarian products that I eat. I'm hoping he will eventually become a vegetarian as well.

Jai Sri Krishna

NetiNeti
11 August 2010, 12:38 AM
Namaste Seth,

I think for a lot of meat-eaters, once they give vegetarian food a try they see that it can actually taste good. My brother eats meat but he also enjoys the Morningstar and other vegetarian products that I eat. I'm hoping he will eventually become a vegetarian as well.

Jai Sri Krishna

Be careful with morningstar, many of their products contain eggs.

Ramakrishna
11 August 2010, 04:34 PM
Be careful with morningstar, many of their products contain eggs.

Namaste NetiNeti,

You're right, thanks for the reminder. Since I found out a lot of their products contain eggs, I've been sure to only eat the ones that are vegan, such as the Vegan Veggie Burgers. Now that I think about it, that's all I eat from Morningstar now. I've mainly been eating Tofurky products lately. Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers are also really good. None of those contain eggs.

Jai Sri Krishna

NetiNeti
11 August 2010, 06:41 PM
Namaste NetiNeti,

You're right, thanks for the reminder. Since I found out a lot of their products contain eggs, I've been sure to only eat the ones that are vegan, such as the Vegan Veggie Burgers. Now that I think about it, that's all I eat from Morningstar now. I've mainly been eating Tofurky products lately. Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers are also really good. None of those contain eggs.

Jai Sri Krishna

Tofurkey makes awesome stuff. We have a new brand her in florida called Gardein. Really tasty vegan protein foods.