PDA

View Full Version : Heading off to college

Ramakrishna
13 August 2010, 03:52 PM
Namaste,

I will be heading off to college to begin my undergraduate studies next Saturday, August 21. This upcoming Sunday, I will be leaving to go with my brother to his college and help him get settled in as he begins graduate school. I'll be very busy and won't get many chances to go online between now and then so I'm posting this now.

I kindly ask you all to pray that I will be successful in college and that God may guide me every step of the way. Please also pray that I will stay devoted and not lapse in my worship or ever be forgetful of God when I am at college. Please pray for the best as I complete the brahmacharya ashrama. Pray for my brother as well, please. I will still be posting here on HDF, although not as much.

Thank you.

Jai Sri Krishna

NayaSurya
13 August 2010, 03:57 PM
Goodluck RK, you and your family are in my prayers<3

sunyata07
13 August 2010, 04:07 PM
Namaste Ramakrishna,

I will pray for your success and devotion to your studies. Best of luck in your new college.

OM Shanti

Eastern Mind
13 August 2010, 06:10 PM
Vannakkam Ramakrishna:

Best wishes. Pray to Ganesha before exams. Three days before.

What faculty, area of mind are you in?

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
13 August 2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the prayers, everybody.

Vannakkam Ramakrishna:

Best wishes. Pray to Ganesha before exams. Three days before.

Namaste Eastern Mindji,

Is there any specific reason to pray three days before? Is there something auspicious about it or anything?

What faculty, area of mind are you in?

Aum Namasivaya

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this.

Jai Sri Krishna

Eastern Mind
14 August 2010, 06:03 AM
Vannakkam Ramakrishna:

According to the mystical teachings of my Guru and that lineage, there is like a 3 day tape delay on prayers from this world to other lokas and back. It's something like when you travel, and it takes awhile to 'feel' yhat you really arrived at your destination. Of course not all will agree with this.

The other question was , "What are you studying, or is it just a general undergraduate program that can lead elsewhere?

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
14 August 2010, 07:45 PM
Namaste Eastern Mindji,

Vannakkam Ramakrishna:

According to the mystical teachings of my Guru and that lineage, there is like a 3 day tape delay on prayers from this world to other lokas and back. It's something like when you travel, and it takes awhile to 'feel' yhat you really arrived at your destination. Of course not all will agree with this.

The other question was , "What are you studying, or is it just a general undergraduate program that can lead elsewhere?

Aum Namasivaya

Ah, I've never heard of that before, but it is interesting. I'll be sure to pray three days before.

I'll be majoring in History with a concentration in United States history and I'll also be minoring in Religion. All of this is with the intention of going to law school afterward, which I'm fairly certain of, but I may end up pursuing a master's degree in History. I'll see how I feel in four years.

Jai Sri Krishna

Eastern Mind
14 August 2010, 08:05 PM
Vannakkam Ramakrishna:

Just goes to show you. We share a lot here but that? For me personally, 2 of the most boring subjects imaginable. http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Best wishes. Hopefully your questions can add some spice to the classes. Which univrsity, if you don't mind me asking?

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
14 August 2010, 10:51 PM
Just goes to show you. We share a lot here but that? For me personally, 2 of the most boring subjects imaginable. http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Yeah, I'm definitely a person who likes history, religion, English and stuff like that. Mainly reading and writing intensive courses. I can't stand math or most sciences. Biology and ecology are interesting, but that's about it. Chemistry, physics, or anything that involves a lot of math is definitely not my thing :)

Best wishes. Hopefully your questions can add some spice to the classes. Which univrsity, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm going to Sewanee: The University of the South, commonly known as just Sewanee. It's a very small, private, liberal arts university right here in Tennessee. It has a very beautiful 13,000 acre campus, with most of it being forests, meadows, lakes, etc and beautiful Gothic architecture. I'm really looking forward to it, and it seems like a great fit for me. The university is affiliated with the Episcopal Church, but they play little to no role in the everyday life of the college. There's a chapel on campus that people can optionally attend, and that's about it. Plus, Episcopals are generally very liberal and open-minded Christians.

I'll be bringing a picture of Lord Krishna and a murti of Lord Ganesha to pray in my dorm. I also plan on meditating in the woods there. It should be great.

Jai Sri Krishna

MalaMalas
06 November 2010, 04:06 PM
Namaste!

I offer free meditative prayer from my web site to people across the planet.

I will add you to my morning & evening chants.

Donald

charlebs
29 April 2011, 09:06 AM
may ganesha aid you in your studies or sarasvati of course =)